Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Happy Birthday FlyAway
Thanks Hayles.

Blooming heck, I'm old.

How's things with you - has the drop kerb issue been sorted??
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Hayles.

Blooming heck, I'm old.

How's things with you - has the drop kerb issue been sorted??
Yeah, I was wondering too Gonnago!

Hope you are having a nice relaxing morning!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Happy birthday Flyaway
Hope you have a nice relaxing day.
We haven't heard anything from EA re the supposed offer from saturdays second viewing so not holding my breath.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Big Sky
What fee is your EA charging you? We have been quoted from 1.25 to 2.5! These agents promise the earth, it's so hard to decide which one to go with!
BS
Thats very steep we were quoted 0.7 to 1.0% for sole agency but managed to do a deal and get them down as EA we went with was the higher one, so doing for a flat fee.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Not sure if its been resolved or not - no one had metioned it and im too scared to in case it brings it to their attention again lol

We havent progressed for over a month now its driving me potty - everytime i call my agent he calls me back to reiterate what i have already told him:curse:
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:23 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Whinging Pom House seller

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIC!!!!!!!
Did you have enough room on your cake for all of those candles?!!!!....LOL
Beth x x
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:32 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLA!!!

Hope you have a fabby day, with hoardes of eager house-buyers & the ACS ringing you morning noon & night, pleading for your OH to get over to OZ, asap
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

We have a viewer coming at 3, been busy all day (well since 10 when the agent rang) cleaning and tidying, this house is immaculate

We know he has a hosue to sell, but it's our first viewer and I don't care, it is a start

Tracy
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
We have a viewer coming at 3, been busy all day (well since 10 when the agent rang) cleaning and tidying, this house is immaculate

We know he has a hosue to sell, but it's our first viewer and I don't care, it is a start

Tracy
Not long now!!! Good luck with the viewer!!!

Hope you hear something soon Maisey.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Not long now!!! Good luck with the viewer!!!

Hope you hear something soon Maisey.
Thanks for this, I can't belive it took all day to clean and tidy the house for him to be in and out in 35 mins. He seemed to like the house and had lots of positives to say, but what a divorced man with grown up kids wants with 5 beds is beyond me He said he might want to come back with his son who is a surveyor.

Although on the positive side, the house is only 2 years old and we bought it brand new, we knew when we bought it that there were others after it but we sold our house first and got it, now this guy wanted to buy this house back then, so that might be a good sign.

The bad news though as soon as he walked in he told us that he thought this was a buyers market, so we think he might make a silly offer that we will not accept.

Ohh well we will wait and see.

Tracy
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for this, I can't belive it took all day to clean and tidy the house for him to be in and out in 35 mins. He seemed to like the house and had lots of positives to say, but what a divorced man with grown up kids wants with 5 beds is beyond me He said he might want to come back with his son who is a surveyor.

Although on the positive side, the house is only 2 years old and we bought it brand new, we knew when we bought it that there were others after it but we sold our house first and got it, now this guy wanted to buy this house back then, so that might be a good sign.

The bad news though as soon as he walked in he told us that he thought this was a buyers market, so we think he might make a silly offer that we will not accept.

Tracy
That sounds good (in that he wanted to buy it before and is looking again) but if a buyer said that to me I would be tempted to plonk them one :curse: . Hope he doesn't do the silly offer thing...sorry if you have already said, does he know you are planning to emigrate?

That must be so frustrating for you Gonnago, although seems strange how nothing has been mentioned about the drop kerb since...
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all,

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Not sure if its been resolved or not - no one had metioned it and im too scared to in case it brings it to their attention again lol

We havent progressed for over a month now its driving me potty - everytime i call my agent he calls me back to reiterate what i have already told him:
What buggers!! You know they are saving hundreds if not thousands of pounds by delaying. We had a buyer on one of our properties like this once. We agreed a good price for a quick sale. Then the sale dragged on 5 months for no reason. We told the EA to put it back on the market but unfortunately we had no other offers in the mean time and he got it cheap plus we paid the mortgage for him for 5 months.:curse:

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIC!!!!!!! :
Did you have enough room on your cake for all of those candles?!!!!....Beth x x :
Thanks Beth. I'm not that old really - I'm now working backwards....

Originally Posted by JenniGee
:: HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLA!!!

Hope you have a fabby day, with hoardes of eager house-buyers & the ACS ringing you morning noon & night, pleading for your OH to get over to OZ, asap
Thanks Jen, I'm trying to convince my OH that he really sould be emptying the bins as it is my birthday.

The bad news though as soon as he walked in he told us that he thought this was a buyers market, so we think he might make a silly offer that we will not accept

Tracy
That sounds very promising!! Hope he doesn't make a silly offer. I shall come round with a big stick if he does.:curse:

We haven't heard from our phantom viewer who wanted to bring her OH back. Ah well, that's the end of that. Onwards and upwards for Saturday's viewing.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:12 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Emptying the bins? Is that all, you big softy!
How about rodding all those drains & cleaning the gutters & licking the loos clean.... it is your birthday after all! Lol!

Did you get anything nice
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Emptying the bins? Is that all, you big softy!
How about rodding all those drains & cleaning the gutters & licking the loos clean.... it is your birthday after all! Lol!

Did you get anything nice
LOL. I whinged about it so much that he finished the job. Wouldn't have even started it if I hadn't though.

He is taking me out for a meal tonight but he hasn't booked anywhere. I told him that you had to book at the expensive places. Should have seen his face drop

I got a lovely handmade glass pendant necklace from my daughter and some diamond earrings from the OH. He also got me a gizmo for transfering records onto CDs via the PC. This was really something he wanted himself... Last year he got me a sat nav! Never mind, I buy him decent shirts for his birthdays as he won' buy them for himself.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
That sounds good (in that he wanted to buy it before and is looking again) but if a buyer said that to me I would be tempted to plonk them one :curse: . Hope he doesn't do the silly offer thing...sorry if you have already said, does he know you are planning to emigrate?

That must be so frustrating for you Gonnago, although seems strange how nothing has been mentioned about the drop kerb since...

Hi Sparky Wife.

****Waves****

Did you sleep better last night?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.