Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 18th 2008, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
God, I hope that isn't my surprise.

I have forced him into taking me to dinner. However, we have to go with kids so it's not exactly going to be a la carte.

Have a nice time - we had to take DD with us for my birthday as we have no one to baby sit - it turned OK.

We've not been on the market since then. We only put the house on the market in February this year.

We started to totally renovate our house long before Oz was on the cards. After we went to Oz and decided we wanted to emigrate we still had to finish the house off which was, in total, 7 years of blood, sweat and tears to say the least. PLUS we had two kids in that time as well.

Talk about biting off more than you can chew

I totally understand how you feel about the house. I feel exactly the same way. Totally resent it. It took so long to renovate the house and then when we finally finished the market went tits up.

Good thing I don't believe in fate.:
Originally Posted by nickywes
Me too, used to love this house now it is a weight on our shoulders
Remember how we used to laugh and joke on here - you can tell how much it is all getting to us. I am off on mad hare brained scheme number 3 tomorrow if options 1 & 2 don't come through. It is seriously driving me demented. This house could be worth a fortune to someone with vision but there just doesn't seem to be anyone out there......
Old May 18th 2008, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
How gutting. Have they got a sniff of a new buyer yet??

I had a thought today. If someone loves your house and can't sell. Would it be worth discussing with them that they sell to a buying company and you take half the 'loss' off the sale price of yours???? Don't know if this would work. But surely the amount these companies knock off must be lower for cheaper houses.

Well, I have 28 items on Ebay finishing today. I have 1 sold and bids woth £80 on the rest of the stuff already. One dress of DDs has 25 watchers!!! I have a whole room full of stuff I am going to sell over the next few weeks. I sold £150 worth of stuff last week. I haven't even looked in the shed or the loft yet - this is just stuff from the house and the storage unit. It does make you feel better!!

I love selling on ebay but hate the q'ing up in the post office with all the old girls. It id amazing just what some people put on there and what they buy

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Afternoon all.

Well we've got another viewer next Tuesday. They are in rented at the moment so could be an ideal buyer. Let's hope so.

It's my birthday today so I am hoping this is the start to a good week. It can't get any worse. My wonderful OH gave a crap card and that was it. The kids gave me a box of ferrero rocher (which I don't like).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

good luck with the viewing on Tuesday Lets hope these one are 'the ones'

Tina xx

Tina xx
Old May 18th 2008, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, can someone do me a favour and try to get on Ebay. I have 28 items ending in an hour and I can't get on the site. As I am on here, I assume it is a problem with them. ARGHHHHHH
Old May 18th 2008, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Hi all, can someone do me a favour and try to get on Ebay. I have 28 items ending in an hour and I can't get on the site. As I am on here, I assume it is a problem with them. ARGHHHHHH
I've just on there ok x
Old May 18th 2008, 6:23 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

I can but what do i look for?

Sorry thought you wanted something looking at, but no problem here.

Last edited by nickywes; May 18th 2008 at 6:24 am. Reason: cock up
Old May 18th 2008, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steveandtina
I've just on there ok x
Thanks Tina - I just had this horrible feeling that it had crashed and no one would place last minute bids. Still can't get on there though??
Old May 18th 2008, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Tina - I just had this horrible feeling that it had crashed and no one would place last minute bids. Still can't get on there though??
Bugger thats the best bit watching the bidding at the last mo.

If you cant get on and want me to check for you pm your user name and I'll keep tabs on them.

I'll put a ebay link on here and see if you can get into it that way.
Old May 18th 2008, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Old May 18th 2008, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just got on for a moment and then it crashed on me again. Nightmare, all the last minute questions I could be missing....
Old May 18th 2008, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I'll try again (blonde moment haha)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/
Old May 18th 2008, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Tina - I'm on again now, just hope it means they are really busy and I get lots of bids!!
Old May 18th 2008, 6:50 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday Off2oz
Old May 18th 2008, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Arghhhhh it's booted me off Ebay again. Can't get on to sort stuff out, send invoices etc... It looked like things were going well - DD's old cot went for £50 just before the site crashed...
Old May 18th 2008, 10:27 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

I love selling on ebay but hate the q'ing up in the post office with all the old girls. It id amazing just what some people put on there and what they buy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

good luck with the viewing on Tuesday Lets hope these one are 'the ones'

Tina xx

Tina xx
Thanks Tina.

I hope they're the ones too.

Originally Posted by Icarus
Happy Birthday Off2oz
Cheers ears. I haven't forgotten about emailing the recipe for you. Until the site will let me send attachments I can't do it. Hopefully it'll be sorted out tomorrow.

Arghhhhh it's booted me off Ebay again. Can't get on to sort stuff out, send invoices etc... It looked like things were going well - DD's old cot went for £50 just before the site crashed...
Hope everything goes for what you want, FA.

I really loved eBay then I had a couple of crappy moments with it and I've kinda lost the will with it.
Old May 18th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Angib
Hi Tracy

Welcome back, glad you are enjoying things- house market not changed for most people here though many are in process of changing EA and seeing more viewers! Hopefully that will be the case for you also! I have only seen one 'sold' sign so not feeling overly positive at the moment, though its good that your Dad seen some in your home area.

Look forward to hearing all about Mount Martha
Angi
Hi Angib

Mount Martha is beautifu, we are nearer Mornington than we are mount Martha village and that is just lovely too, we are soo lucky to live in such a beautiful area. I miss family and friends from home, but not home if that makes sense. We need to take some pics of the area, but have been busy the last few weeks trying to get sorted.

Hi Tracy!!!:

Great to see you back. Thanks for the PM - it was lovely to know you cared - sorry I didn't reply - but I thought you were offline in your new rental.

Glad to hear you are having a wonderful time. Makes us all feel it is worth it. Fingers crossed for your new EA - if your market is starting to move, hopefully, a relaunch with a new agent will help.

News;

I have odd news - deal with developer fell through and since then we have had lots of interest in the house - funny that eh? Waiting to see if a 2nd viewing comes to anything but have 2 backup plans should it not.

Had a PM from Sparkywife this week to say they arrived safely in Adelaide - about the same time as you. Their house sale went through and her OH has a job offer. So all good. Hope everything is going OK Sparkywife, Congrats on the sale and job offer

Gonnago got her visa last Friday. YAY!! Flying out the end of June.Hayles this is FAB News, Congrats, end of June isn't long now

Nicky, Icarus and O2O have had viewings but no offers. Nicky has changed EAs twice. One she sacked the first day.: Have had message from Nicky on facebook and had head about the EA -LOL, At least people are viewing which is good

Tina lost her buyer due to chain breakdown. Tina, so sorry, hopefully you will sell again soon.

SammyG accepted an offer and the sale is going through slowly.Congrats SammyG

Wardy2 still has a buyer but they couldn't complete fast enough so poor Kaye will have to validate next week while she is waiting. Not great news that you have to validate, but at least the sale is still going through

ERRRMMM - trying to think who was on the thread when you were on.... I'm sure you have read the last few pages anyway. Apologies to anyone I missed!!!

Great to have you back!
Fly

It IS worth it, we are all happy.

Glad you have some more viewings, fingers crossed for you.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Hi tracy *waves* - Fly you forgot to mention that we have discovered Dan the Plumber is a bit of a god *swoon*

Im off out will catch up with you all this arvo *mwah*
Ohh, will have to watch out for Dam the Plumber

Originally Posted by ralphand nic
Hi all

New to this thread and wish i didnt have to post on it but......due to complete on Friday and buyers pulled out Monday...gutted!!!

Just about to book flights as well and hand in my notice( need to give 3 months as a teacher).

Bloody 1st time buyers and credit.....i can hardly say it CRUNCH!!:curse:

Still planning to go to Sydney mid Sept and if it dont sell we`ll rent. Got to sort out tax issues with Aus govt re:capital gains which i`m aware of as its been discussed on other forums here.

CHIN UP....DONT LET THE BAS***DS GRIND US DOWN!!!

OZ BOUND? yOU BET!!!
Great attitude, you will get there and I am really sorry about the buyers

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hi Tracy , glad yer ok

Hi IC, I am good thanks, although a bit cold today, looks like it might rain, ohh well it is winter.

Tracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.