Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 18th 2008, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
EA rang this morning and the daughter does want to come and take a look tomorrow - at least I have a day to clean now rather than just over an hour!!

I must admit that I am starting to get cold feet about selling my house now though

I was talking to a friend and she said that if Oz doesnt work out for us and we want to come home we will never get a house like mine again because our financial situation will be so much different - which is something I hadnt thought about really.
When we bought our house my husband and I were both on very good money and had a really good deposit from our previous place too which enabled us to buy a lot more, but now I have my son and dont work I am never going to be earning that kind of money again and if we applied for a mortgage I dont think we would even get the money we would need to buy a house like the one I have now on one wage! In fact there is no way.
I know that is assuming that we would have very little money to put down but I am thinking worst case scenario here.

Why couldnt she just keep her mouth shut - all I can think about now is if we moved out there and didnt like it and wanted to come back here - we would only be able to afford to live in scumsville and now I am questioning myself.

Spoke to my OH about it and we talked about renting it instead but the only problem with that is we would then have to save the money to go out to OZ instead of taking some money from the house and because we are on one wage now it would take forever to save the money we would need, youve got to admit its not cheap, plus we would have to do our bathroom up to rent it.

Bloody friends, they mean well but sometimes they should just let you get on with it
I know exactly what you mean, we still have a beautiful home in the UK, and if we were to return we would never be able to afford again, but I want to give Oz my best shot and that means selling the house and buying here to give us some stability. Only you can decide what is best fo you though. Good Luck with everything

Tracy
Old May 18th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gonnago
for what its worth I thnk if you are going to go to the effort of going you should give it all you have got - I worry that if you leave a 'safety net' in the UK you are less likely to give it all you got.

We should all expect wobbles when we get there, I think its natural to go through with something this big but after the effort of getting to Oz you dont want to give up on your first wobble and come home.

It was easy for me cause my house was never my happy ever after, it was an investment, we made our money and sold, maybe I would have felt different if it was my castle.

Does that make sense?
Hayley this makes lots of sense, my house was my happy ever after, but I still want to sell it and think about settling here. I still have BIG wobbles 6 weeks in, but I also am so happy here too.
Old May 18th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nickywes
I say sack him, it makes you feel so much better and you should have had that viewer too:curse:

Hi all

I have missed loads of pages and tried to catch up but pretty impossible on this thread.

I have no news or viewers at the moment but new hunky scrummy EA is hard at work. All contracts signed, glossy brochures being printed now, in 3different papers from this week and went down the town today and there was our house right in the middle of their shop window. I feel totally relaxed now about selling because even if we don't, at least we know that they are working for us I think that is the problem for most of us, the fact that like O2O you don't know that they are even trying:curse:

In our local paper this week it is saying that in Herts the houses are still selling and the market has just stabilised a bit but is expected to get better shortly

Just heard from DD2, the one that has already left, and so far she has been to Thailand and done Tiger Temple, floating markets and tomorrow going elephant trekking. Travelling down to Malaysia the day after and then on to Singapore in time for their flight to Perth on 26 May. Lucky things, wish I was there

Hope everyone is OK
Hi Nicky

It is difficutl keeping up with everyone isn't it. I know that I will be duplicating some things but have too much to read to try and catch up. serves me right for enjoying the sunhshine and not being on BE. Glad the new EA is working hard, fingers crossed for a buyer soon.

Tracy
Old May 18th 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by michell
Did anyone just hear on the news about gordon brown saying he is going to do something to help 1st time buyers, i only caught the end of the segment ahhhhhhhhh

michell

by the way whos watching Nothing to declare tonight??
they were filming nothing to declare when we arrived in Melbourne, but we didn't get sent to that bit, was dissppointed had been to loo, brushed hair and put on lippy just in case
Old May 18th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Anyone here? Feeling very despondant. Nothing is going right and no one will return my calls. Sitting here waiting for some good news which never comes. Have been crying most of the day as it is all too much.

Ohh Fly, sending you some (((((((((HUGS)))))))))

It is SH*T I know, but hang in, it will be worth it honestly
Old May 18th 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Well it's put things into perspective for me!!!!!
Made me realise that I do want to go to Oz and I didn't slam her one in case it stopped me going
Rung my mortgage company today......they def don't do the holiday payment breaks but said we would save £150 per month if we switched to an interest only mortgage
If we decide to rent the house out (which I prob couldn't afford to do) they would increase our rate by one and a half %
Andrew is going to apply for a job in Melbourne tonight.........if he gets it we're outta here!!!!! Sod the bloody house
Beth x x

Go girl, you won't regret it. Ours don't do payment hols either, just means budgeting here.
Old May 18th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gonnago
I would be tempted to be honest - with the way things are going particuarly for you guys at the top end of the market I was thinking same as FA as long as the offer didnt go any lower - subject to this that and the other - if you can afford to drop that much it is definietly worth a thought.
I would be tempted too, but wonder if there is a catch of some sorts.
Old May 18th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Just thought you would like to know.........

I GOT A OFFER ON MY HOUSE!!!!

Only £5k under what we was gunna let it go for but this is the viewer from last night and his a 1st time buyer with a 15% deposit.
CONGRATULATIONS - really pleased for you
Old May 18th 2008, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Icarus
Morning all , have a viewer tuesday , they havn't sold .... wanted to come tomorrow , stuff that they can come when i say if thats their position .

how is every one ,,,, should i be be investing in St Jo's ? is there a price war ?
Good Luck with the viewing
Old May 18th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Right STOP what ever your doing and get on ebay and buy a St Joseph!!!!!!!

I've got a 2nd offer on my house!!!!!

God I can't believe it!!!

There is hope for us all
Just one would be lovely, but this is great news for you, CONGRATS
Old May 18th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Right, think I am now up to date with you all, I should have been ironing, but this was much more interesting.

We had a viewer on Saturday from the new EA, my parents seemed to think the family liked it, but they aren't on the market yet, we have reduced another £10,000 and will now wait and see. Should be getting the EA feedback later today or tomorrow, but it doesn't matter if they aren't in a postition to move.

Bye for now
Tracy
Old May 18th 2008, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

no news

no viewings

no sale

NO WORRIES
Old May 19th 2008, 4:11 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

FINALLY.......BE IS BACK ONLINE!!!!!!

May need to see a therapist from the withdrawal symptoms though

No news my end......BUT......tomorrow is a full moon in Scorpio......and even rarer, it's a blue moon (for those of you who are into psychic stuff you may know that this moon can release any problems you may have!!!!!)

I'm not a witch but I'm going to be out praying to the full moon to release my house from my possession!!!!!

Beth x x
Old May 19th 2008, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

WHERE HAS BE BEEN ALL DAY??????? I've had a nervous breakdown without it! (Got a lot done though!!!)

Originally Posted by Off2Oz

Hope everything goes for what you want, FA.

I really loved eBay then I had a couple of crappy moments with it and I've kinda lost the will with it.
I had a time like that with it - people being really crappy etc. Now it's going OK - about the only thing in my life that it... Made £300 in the last 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Ohh Fly, sending you some (((((((((HUGS)))))))))

It is SH*T I know, but hang in, it will be worth it honestly
Hi Tracey - fancy enjoying yourself and not being on here!!! Thanks for the hugs hun. People still aren't returning my calls, but I say sod them! Glad to hear you have found it all worthwhile. Gives me some light at the end of the tunnel.

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Right, think I am now up to date with you all, I should have been ironing, but this was much more interesting.

We had a viewer on Saturday from the new EA, my parents seemed to think the family liked it, but they aren't on the market yet, we have reduced another £10,000 and will now wait and see. Should be getting the EA feedback later today or tomorrow, but it doesn't matter if they aren't in a postition to move.

Bye for now
Tracy
:
Fingers crossed the reduction does the trick. It seems like people are offering 10% under asking price - so be prepared for some really cheeky offers. (We just had one for about 15% under asking and we've already reduced by 20%)

I hope the market is picking up but I can't tell.... Our EA has 3 offices and they've just closed one down and got rid of one of the managers. (I think that is called karma!)

Don't stay away so long next time!!! We miss you.

Originally Posted by eddie007
no news

no viewings

no sale

NO WORRIES
Snap, ditto, and us and bugger I'm wetting my self.....
Old May 19th 2008, 4:27 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Today has been a really bad day. THe Ea said we were having a view 1-1.30pm...they arrived at 2.20pm, had the kids sitting (looking tidy!) for an hour. Get a call from EA in the afternoon the buyers that originally put an offer of 195k have come back with 180k...WILL WE EVER SELL THIS F'''CKING HOUSE!!!!!!!??:curse:

Fly Away, well done on the EBAY stuff, i'm starting next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.