Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 17th 2008, 6:39 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Sorry to hijack your thread folks, but I'm curious about this St Joe

Does he have any divine influences over exes that you are aware of? Or are there any ecclesiastical sorts amongst you that could point me in the direction of the Patron Saint of Assassins

Guys, we've had a fair few people come round to look at this house now that it's going to be available again - lots of the viewers have sold their properties in recent weeks, so it definitely does look like things ARE moving, even though very slowly - best of luck, I hope this is a good sign for you

Last edited by JenniGee; May 17th 2008 at 6:47 am.
Old May 17th 2008, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee

Does he have any divine influences over exes that you are aware of? Or are there any ecclesiastical sorts amongst you that could point me in the direction of the Patron Saint of Assassins

Guys, we've had a fair few people come round to look at this house now that it's going to be available again - lots of the viewers have sold their properties in recent weeks, so it definitely does look like things ARE moving, even though very slowly - best of luck, I hope this is a good sign for you
Hi G,

Not sure about this saint business really. Michell posted a link a few posts back which gives a bit of info. You might need St Jude - patron saint of lost causes. TBH there are lots of saints - I bet there is one for crap exs. Put it in Google and see what comes out.

Sounds like some people are selling - trouble is they aren't buying on... they are all sitting on their cash until the market drops further. Barstewards.:curse: They are making matters worse.:curse:
Old May 17th 2008, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi G,

Sounds like some people are selling - trouble is they aren't buying on... they are all sitting on their cash until the market drops further. Barstewards.:curse: They are making matters worse.:curse:
Wouldn't you? If you know prices are dropping would you pay the price asked now or wait for a cheaper price?
Old May 17th 2008, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JenniGee

Hi Jenni

My OH won't have it that out St Joe works he still says its a load of old cods but we got 2 offers within days of burying it so thats good enough for me that it works. We all need a little hope sometimes so I say 'Go st Joe'

Lets hope that sales are picking up. Don't think buyers will sit on their cash for too long, you know how us Brits are crap at being patient

Tina xxx
Old May 17th 2008, 9:22 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Have been reading in the papers today that both Nationwide and Abbey Building Societies have cut interest rates on its fixed rate range, and they suggest that this indicates that conditions in the mortgage market could be easing for the first time since the onset of the credit crunch. The experts say that the move is a healthy sign and that this is a positive move but whether it will open the floodgates and encourage other lenders to make similar reductins remains to be seen. It also says that borrowers are taking out more fixed rates compared with variable rate deals for the first time in 10 months.

Hope this is a bit of good news peeps.

Have a good Sunday

Lisa
Old May 18th 2008, 2:05 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to wear a St Christopher necklace when we fly.....as I'm petrified of flying, and he apparently protects travellers
Beth x x
Old May 18th 2008, 2:13 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Good news - fingers crossed they like it and then sell theirs. These things can happen.

I think we have all just got desperate to sell and will try anything - ie the St Joes.

Yep, our last viewer was like that. Got a call in the morning to say they liked the house but hadn't sold:curse: In the afternoon they had sold to a cash buyer .......but then they lost them
Old May 18th 2008, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Hi Jenni

My OH won't have it that out St Joe works he still says its a load of old cods but we got 2 offers within days of burying it so thats good enough for me that it works. We all need a little hope sometimes so I say 'Go st Joe'

Lets hope that sales are picking up. Don't think buyers will sit on their cash for too long, you know how us Brits are crap at being patient

Tina xxx
Lets hope they do lose patience and start to buy again. I am currently winning my St Joe - let's hope he works too!!

Originally Posted by Laights
Hi all,

Have been reading in the papers today that both Nationwide and Abbey Building Societies have cut interest rates on its fixed rate range, and they suggest that this indicates that conditions in the mortgage market could be easing for the first time since the onset of the credit crunch. The experts say that the move is a healthy sign and that this is a positive move but whether it will open the floodgates and encourage other lenders to make similar reductins remains to be seen. It also says that borrowers are taking out more fixed rates compared with variable rate deals for the first time in 10 months.

Hope this is a bit of good news peeps.

Have a good Sunday

Lisa
Thanks Lisa - that does give us hope. I bet we all sell our houses for peanuts and then the market will pick up.

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
I'm going to wear a St Christopher necklace when we fly.....as I'm petrified of flying, and he apparently protects travellers ::
Beth x x
LOL, I can just see you on the plane... clasping the St Christopher in one hand, slapping on nicotine patches with the other and getting Andrew to pour wine down your throat.
Old May 18th 2008, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Yep, our last viewer was like that. Got a call in the morning to say they liked the house but hadn't sold:curse: In the afternoon they had sold to a cash buyer .......but then they lost them
How gutting. Have they got a sniff of a new buyer yet??

I had a thought today. If someone loves your house and can't sell. Would it be worth discussing with them that they sell to a buying company and you take half the 'loss' off the sale price of yours???? Don't know if this would work. But surely the amount these companies knock off must be lower for cheaper houses.

Well, I have 28 items on Ebay finishing today. I have 1 sold and bids woth £80 on the rest of the stuff already. One dress of DDs has 25 watchers!!! I have a whole room full of stuff I am going to sell over the next few weeks. I sold £150 worth of stuff last week. I haven't even looked in the shed or the loft yet - this is just stuff from the house and the storage unit. It does make you feel better!!
Old May 18th 2008, 3:08 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all.

Well we've got another viewer next Tuesday. They are in rented at the moment so could be an ideal buyer. Let's hope so.

It's my birthday today so I am hoping this is the start to a good week. It can't get any worse. My wonderful OH gave a crap card and that was it. The kids gave me a box of ferrero rocher (which I don't like).
Old May 18th 2008, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Afternoon all.

Well we've got another viewer next Tuesday. They are in rented at the moment so could be an ideal buyer. Let's hope so.

It's my birthday today so I am hoping this is the start to a good week. It can't get any worse. My wonderful OH gave a crap card and that was it. The kids gave me a box of ferrero rocher (which I don't like).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANINE
XXXX

Hope you have a lovely day - despite your OH.

Old May 18th 2008, 3:32 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANINE
XXXX

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/2.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
Aww thanks, FA.

I did have some champagne this morning with my strawberries and croissants, which was lovely.
Old May 18th 2008, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Aww thanks, FA.

I did have some champagne this morning with my strawberries and croissants, which was lovely.
That sounds nice - at least you had that. I hope your OH has a surprise up his sleeve for later. Do you think he will take you out somewhere nice?
Old May 18th 2008, 3:36 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Afternoon all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANINE
I don't like ferrero rocher either

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANINE
XXXX

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/2.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
Hey N - Been researching National Homebuyers and there are some real horror stories about them pulling out or trying to reduce another 100k further on as the market is crashing etc. etc. Have made a list of questions now for tomorrow. Will let you know.
Old May 18th 2008, 3:38 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

How gutting. Have they got a sniff of a new buyer yet??

I had a thought today. If someone loves your house and can't sell. Would it be worth discussing with them that they sell to a buying company and you take half the 'loss' off the sale price of yours???? Don't know if this would work. But surely the amount these companies knock off must be lower for cheaper houses.

Well, I have 28 items on Ebay finishing today. I have 1 sold and bids woth £80 on the rest of the stuff already. One dress of DDs has 25 watchers!!! I have a whole room full of stuff I am going to sell over the next few weeks. I sold £150 worth of stuff last week. I haven't even looked in the shed or the loft yet - this is just stuff from the house and the storage unit. It does make you feel better!!

Hi FLYAWAY
Thanks for the advice., well we have now reduced below the 2 offers on the table of 197k & 195k, down to 194k. So i think the most we would get out of those buyers if they did come back is 192k
but what's the likelihood of that. Have had a word with EA, they now know we are desperate, don't know if that's a good thingBut, they have gone back to our 195k bidder and asked them to contact them even if they get a low offer because we may be able to negotiate the loss between us This unnerves me as they will probably come back saying they have lost 10k when they havn't just to get the price down:curse: AND they are coming from Brighton so will be getting BIG bucks for their house

But rest assured we are doing everything we can.

Might have to sell some stuff on EBAY, sound like a good mood enhancer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.