Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 20th 2008, 7:01 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

[QUOTE=Sammy T;6371924]

Apparently all the banks are really slow at getting offers out but I don't get it - they are not giving out so many mortgages so why so bloody slow.
What makes it worse we were told last week he had his offer and we were set to exchange this week, so was no one going to tell me unitl I phoned up and chased them?

Yeah, too right, our solicitors are so laid back I'm surprised they get into work each day, ah, maybe that's the problem, they don't get to work which is why no one does any damn work!

[QUOTE=steveandtina;6371213]Got my knickers in a twist now!!! and don't know what to do?

Our offer on friday was for 235k from 1st time buyer but we are still waiting for a survey to done.

The 2nd offer was for the same money from 'the stinkers' they have a property developer buying theirs. Now 'the stinkers are coming back tomorrow for another look (stocked up on air freshner) and the EA said they may increase their offer.

Now who do I sell to? I really confused?QUOTE]

[COLOR="magenta"]My gut instinct would be to go with whoever has the most straight forward position and looks like they can exchange and complete the quickest.
Good luck COLOR]

Originally Posted by JenniGee
I'm fine thank you.... just slightly psychotic & contemplating a long train journey with a big, nasty hurty thing in my handbag QUOTE]

Fingers crossed for you, Ic

Hope they did turn up after all

Hope it works out for you, sending some karma

Off to have a nice big glass of wine now

Sam
Thanks
Old May 20th 2008, 7:02 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
Just have to have my tea and I'll be back

A small teaser trailer though, it involves a load of drunk women and 2 lesbians too!!
holy cr*p i'm staying right here till you return .

hey , can you make it up a little too ...... add a bit of spice to it ??
Old May 20th 2008, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, just catching up on what I missed today when my internet was down!
You lot were busy!

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi Fly

Sorry to have been away soo long, should be about more often now, so will hopefully keep up with you lot. I do mean it when I say it is worth it, so just remember that when it gets a bit sh*t

Thanks Tracy.

Any offer would do at the moment even a cheeky one, the viewers on Saturday won't be putting in a offer as they wanted a through kitchen / dining room, they obviously thought that we were fibbing on the literature when we advertise a seperate dining room. Jason emailed the EA last night and told them to contact them again and tell them we will get the wall knocked down if that was the only thing stopping them - how desperate is that

TBH - that's a good move, takes away their excuse and hopefully shows that you are genuine. Good luck. hope it works.

We have moved EA because ours shut down, not a good sign really.

I know - ours has shut down one of it's 3 branches.

Right off now to see what else I missed while BE was off line yesterday, when I had nothing to do, typical that it is back up today, when I have an invite for lunch and a walk by the beach, its a hard life and one you will all be enjoying very soon too

Tracy
Hope you enjoyed your day tracy - sounds like hell.

Originally Posted by johull
Morning Guys

Had a phone call off Saturdays viewers - they called hubbys mobile and said they were getting theirs valued on Wednesday and would it be ok if they rang him later in the week to come and look in the loft. Call from EA yesterday morning to say that they loved the house, were getting theirs valued and would be able to come back with an offer once they had a valuation - getting a little bit giddy - god kows why though - they poor sods will be in the same boat as us lot once it goes on the market!!! He has talked about deposits etc so we will wait and see. Dave has told me not to get too excited as we have nothing concrete just yet and they havent actually offered. Now I am worrying in case they get one on the d*ck head agents who tried to tell me that ours is worth about £40k less in this market - to value theirs and say they have seen our house - dont want them telling the prospectives its overvalued - if you know what I mean!!!!

Sounding really good - sending Ks for luck. Hopefully they can sell quickly.

This may sound bonkers - but with all this St Joseph thing - what about trying Cosmic Ordering - like Noel Edmonds!!!! You simply write down three positive requests on a piece of paper. Sit quietly and project positive thoughts and think about how happy you will be - you then burn the piece of paper and draw a tiny sun. moon and stars on the side of your hands - a la Noel Edmonds!!!! Worth trying guys !!!!!!!! Will google Cosmic Ordering and see what it says - I just remember an interview with him whre he talked anout it and the effects positive thinking can have - we should attract more positives - hopefully in our case buyers!!! ha ha ha!!!!!

Good luck guys

Jo
x
I'll try anything Jo - my St Joe is on it's way and I'll do the cosmic ordering tonight!!!

Hi Nicky

It is a hard life you know, just having a glass of cheap Oz plonk and at only $2.99 a bottle, its not that bad:

Disgusting - we'd never drink would we??

Fly, I really don't know what to say, I am thinking about you and will send you some karma and some (((((((((HUGS)))))))))).

Thanks Tracy. Today I had a bit of encouraging news - we might have a buyer. So I hope the ks worked and I have started to come out of the bad luck cycle.

I like it Jenni, its not funny for fly at the moment but this is an option for and made me smile, so hopefully will do the same
Made me laugh too.

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi all

Feeling VERY stressed today, waiting on exchange of contracts, was told it would be this week but it has all gone very quiet ..........

Trying to catch up with some cleaning today, have been so busy sorting and visiting my second home (the recycling centre/tip) that the housework has rather been abandoned.

I know I shouldn't moan, on here of all places, but just need to know what the hell is going on and get some control back of our lives. :

Wishing everyone who is still waiting lots of happy nice house buyers with very generous offers:

Sam
I feel for you Sam. This waiting is horrible. Fingers and toes crossed that you hear soon. Don't worry about moaning on here - the house sale isn't over until completion - until then, it's stress city.

We had a viewing yesterday afternoon, last minute and only just received an email from my dad telling us about it, it seemed to go OK and they seemed to like the house, but all feedback to my parents has been good so far, I wonder if the viewers feel sorry for them........ 60 something and being abandoned by daughter and grandchildren...................hummmmmmm wonder if we can work this to our advantage............can't go visit said daugher and grandcildren until house sold, ok, perhaps not, slap hands for thinking such a thing::
Sounding good - I would tell your parents to wring out their tear sodden hankies and look pathetic - it might just work.

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Now I really am going to throw my rattle out:

Just spoken to the estate agents as damn solicitors won't chase anything, the buyer does not have his mortgage offer - we were told last week he did and we were aiming for exchange this Friday.

BUT he does not have his offer, he has raised loads more questions and he is unobtainable now for 2 weeks due to his work, so the earliest we are now looking at is mid June to exchange. And that's if we have everything and he doesn't try and stall again, when he first looked at the house the EAs told us they were not moving back to the UK until later in the year but they promised they were keen to have a quick exchange time.

I just don't bloody believe it:Going off to cry now

Sam
BUGGGGGGGGGGGER. So sorry Sam - I'm sure it will work in the end, but ths delaying is just not fair. Don't you just want to strangle the solicitor and the EA?:curse:
Old May 20th 2008, 7:12 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
Yeah they sounded confident they would sell quick .......yes i said of course

sorry yours didn't show , rudeness n all that .

feel a bit rude myself cuz i've been out the loop here & not sure whos doin what ..

I'll try to get up to speed .
Certainly sounds promising Ic. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

TBH I don't think you've missed too much. I think everyone's just totally fed up with it all at the moment.

Originally Posted by nickywes
I hope they want it and sell theirs quickly. What will Oz do without you

All that bloody cleaning too They may still turn up though, you never know
No, they didn't.:curse:

Not just all the bloody cleaning. All the palava of getting a replacement hoover on the hop as mine decided to start smoking.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well, I have sort of positive news.... we have a tenative offer - subject to finance from one of my options.... Offer is OK - not great but not crap. Just have to hope they can get finance. I have been working on this for a month.... I should be an EA!!! keep your fingers crossed for me folks... need so much luck here...
I'm really pleased for you FA. I'll be keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you.

Oh no, I'm so angry for you!! I hope they and the EA have a good excuse.

Thanks. Just need you all to keep your fingers crossed for a week or so.... do you think you can manage that?
I shall be ringing the EA at 9am sharp tomorrow.

Yep, I can do that for you.
Old May 20th 2008, 7:13 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

A small teaser trailer though, it involves a load of drunk women and 2 lesbians too!!
Waiting

holy cr*p i'm staying right here till you return .

hey , can you make it up a little too ...... add a bit of spice to it ??
Trust you
Old May 20th 2008, 7:28 am
Handsome Internet Guy

what you having ,, sunday roast !!
Old May 20th 2008, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

Some news that will hopefuly cheer all you whinging pom house sellers up,

We excepted an offer just 5k below the valuation today after just three weeks of being on the market,so fingers crossed this may be a sign that the market is picking up a little

Good luck to everyone alse trying to sell

Eve x
Old May 20th 2008, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

what you having ,, sunday roast !!
PMSL - they're doing the washing up too.

I'm waiting too..................................
Old May 20th 2008, 7:39 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by eve209

We excepted an offer just 5k below the valuation today after just three weeks of being on the market,so fingers crossed this may be a sign that the market is picking up a little

Eve x
Hey , well done you
Handsome Internet Guy

PMSL - they're doing the washing up too.

I'm waiting too..................................
There better be pictures
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Eve x
Fantastic news Eve - that's so great for you all

You deserve things to go well for you after everything you've been through - best of luck
Old May 20th 2008, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eve x
CONGRATULATIONS EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to a quick sale.
Old May 20th 2008, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There better be pictures
AND subtitles....

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Fantastic news Eve - that's so great for you all

You deserve things to go well for you after everything you've been through - best of luck
Hiya Jen, how are you tonight? Vengeful?
Old May 20th 2008, 7:47 am
Handsome Internet Guy

come on, leave the pud ,, have it tomorrow
Old May 20th 2008, 7:51 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Tina......stick to the first offer IMO
Try not to look at the money going up slightly.......but the most secure buyer.
Beth x x
Yep, second that. We have had 3 great offers...all fell through. Thinking now that a more realistic offer might go the distance.............

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.