Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 20th 2008, 12:20 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi all

Feeling VERY stressed today, waiting on exchange of contracts, was told it would be this week but it has all gone very quiet ..........

Trying to catch up with some cleaning today, have been so busy sorting and visiting my second home (the recycling centre/tip) that the housework has rather been abandoned.

I know I shouldn't moan, on here of all places, but just need to know what the hell is going on and get some control back of our lives.

Wishing everyone who is still waiting lots of happy nice house buyers with very generous offers

Sam
Don't worry, this is a great place for a moan! Call the solicitor and just check that it is all on track, put your mind at rest....you are paying them a small fortune after all.
Old May 20th 2008, 12:22 am

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Betsyboob
Of course you will sell, I think it is fair to say this is definitley a buyers market and you are going to get some cheeky bu**ers trying it on., but you will sell, and I do know what you mean about selling. Before Christmas where we live houses weren't on the market 2 minutes before they were being sold, we put ours on the market after christmas and have had 4 viewers in 5 months. Good Luck

Thanks, for the advice, getting really desperate...probably on par with you knocking doors down ....Gone back to all original offers and told them to contact us as soon as they have ANY offer, as we may take some of the loss...i know, not ideal, and quite risky.
Old May 20th 2008, 12:25 am

Off2Oz & Icarus goodluck with the viewing tonight!!!
We have 1 too
Will have to keep OH quiet this time, last time we hosted a viewing i was in the middle of saying what lovely neighbours we had and how it is a safe neighbourhood watch area when OH butted in to say how annoying the Neighbourhood watch rep is and how she doesn't leave us alone!!!!!

Last edited by betsyboob; May 20th 2008 at 12:43 am.
Old May 20th 2008, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Don't worry, this is a great place for a moan! Call the solicitor and just check that it is all on track, put your mind at rest....you are paying them a small fortune after all.
Thanks for that

Have contacted our solicitors and they said they have heard nothing from the buyer or his solicitors - have asked them to chase it but apparently they don't do that, "its not the done thing" Not pleased

Will ask EAs to see if they can find anything out.

Good luck to you, you've had a far worse time of it than me, so I really hope you get some good luck soon, I'll get my little fairy to wave her wand for you

Sam
Old May 20th 2008, 1:05 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that

Have contacted our solicitors and they said they have heard nothing from the buyer or his solicitors - have asked them to chase it but apparently they don't do that, "its not the done thing" Not pleased

Good luck to you, you've had a far worse time of it than me, so I really hope you get some good luck soon, I'll get my little fairy to wave her wand for you

Sam
Good luck to everybody with viewers, fingers crossed.

I have been inundated with phone calls now from these quick buy companies. Having researched a few and filled in forms to send details to us, it now seems like everyone and their aunties want to get in on the action. Would be good if they offered more than 80%
Old May 20th 2008, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Betsyboob
Of course you will sell, I think it is fair to say this is definitley a buyers market and you are going to get some cheeky bu**ers trying it on., but you will sell, and I do know what you mean about selling. Before Christmas where we live houses weren't on the market 2 minutes before they were being sold, we put ours on the market after christmas and have had 4 viewers in 5 months. Good Luck

Thanks, for the advice, getting really desperate...probably on par with you knocking doors down ....Gone back to all original offers and told them to contact us as soon as they have ANY offer, as we may take some of the loss...i know, not ideal, and quite risky.
We will do anything and I mean ANYTHING to sell that BL**DY house and for those of you worrying, the interest rates are riseing here to keep inflation down, but that also means that house prices are dropping too. The UK weather is getting better, people wil come out of the woodwork with the sunshine. You have the right attititude being prepared to negotiate, Good Luck

We have 1 too
Will have to keep OH quiet this time, last time we hosted a viewing i was in the middle of saying what lovely neighbours we had and how it is a safe neighbourhood watch area when OH butted in to say how annoying the Neighbourhood watch rep is and how she doesn't leave us alone!!!!!

Good Luck with those viewings, fingers, toes, knees, everything crossed

We had a viewing yesterday afternoon, last minute and only just received an email from my dad telling us about it, it seemed to go OK and they seemed to like the house, but all feedback to my parents has been good so far, I wonder if the viewers feel sorry for them........ 60 something and being abandoned by daughter and grandchildren...................hummmmmmm wonder if we can work this to our advantage............can't go visit said daugher and grandcildren until house sold, ok, perhaps not, slap hands for thinking such a thing
Old May 20th 2008, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Now I really am going to throw my rattle out:curse:

Just spoken to the estate agents as damn solicitors won't chase anything, the buyer does not have his mortgage offer - we were told last week he did and we were aiming for exchange this Friday.

BUT he does not have his offer, he has raised loads more questions and he is unobtainable now for 2 weeks due to his work, so the earliest we are now looking at is mid June to exchange. And that's if we have everything and he doesn't try and stall again, when he first looked at the house the EAs told us they were not moving back to the UK until later in the year but they promised they were keen to have a quick exchange time.

I just don't bloody believe it:curse::curse:

Going off to cry now

Sam
Old May 20th 2008, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

We have 1 too
Good luck with your viewing. Men! they always put their foot in it

Now I really am going to throw my rattle out:curse:

Just spoken to the estate agents as damn solicitors won't chase anything, the buyer does not have his mortgage offer - we were told last week he did and we were aiming for exchange this Friday.

BUT he does not have his offer, he has raised loads more questions and he is unobtainable now for 2 weeks due to his work, so the earliest we are now looking at is mid June to exchange. And that's if we have everything and he doesn't try and stall again, when he first looked at the house the EAs told us they were not moving back to the UK until later in the year but they promised they were keen to have a quick exchange time.

I just don't bloody believe it:curse::curse:

Going off to cry now

Sam
I'm crying with you What a F*^king joke. Why has it taken so long to get his morg offer? So the solicitor says 'not the done thing' what do you pay them for?

So angry for you Sam:curse: Hope it all gets sorted soon xxxx
Old May 20th 2008, 1:45 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Thanks for that

Sam
"Not the done thing" !!!

If he had said that to me I would have gone wild.

The done thing is to do what I tell you to do - thats what I am paying you for!!
EA's and Solicitors think they can do what they like - and to some extent they can because there is no alternative - bah!
Old May 20th 2008, 2:17 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Morning all.

It's so nice having BE back. I really should be cleaning in preparation for the viewers but I came on here instead.

FA, sorry to hear that you're having a bad day already. I hope things start picking up for you very soon.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Ic, I have attached the recipe for you.
Hey Thankyou
Old May 20th 2008, 2:23 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

At this juncture I would just like to come in & swear. A lot :curse:

Damn! Sh*t! Bugger! Poo! & Bumholes!

:curse::curse::curse:

There, that feels a bit better..... will let you all know what that was about when appropriate to do so

Thank you ladies & gentlemen, JenniGee has now left the room
Old May 20th 2008, 3:05 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee

There, that feels a bit better..... will let you all know what that was about when appropriate to do so

You ok Jen?
Beth x x
Old May 20th 2008, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Got my knickers in a twist now!!! and don't know what to do?

Our offer on friday was for 235k from 1st time buyer but we are still waiting for a survey to done.

The 2nd offer was for the same money from 'the stinkers' they have a property developer buying theirs. Now 'the stinkers are coming back tomorrow for another look (stocked up on air freshner) and the EA said they may increase their offer.

Now who do I sell to? I really confused?
Old May 20th 2008, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Got my knickers in a twist now!!! and don't know what to do?

Our offer on friday was for 235k from 1st time buyer but we are still waiting for a survey to done.

The 2nd offer was for the same money from 'the stinkers' they have a property developer buying theirs. Now 'the stinkers are coming back tomorrow for another look (stocked up on air freshner) and the EA said they may increase their offer.

Now who do I sell to? I really confused?
Wow Tina thats a hard one, on one hand you want the money but on the other hand with the first time buyer you have no chain. Ask them who can complete the first, do a little bit of reserch about both and see who u think will be the best buyer. Sorry that has not helped has it Good luck and let us know how you get on
Old May 20th 2008, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JenniGee

you ok jenni?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.