Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 20th 2008, 7:57 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
You shouldn't have said that. Now we have noticed.

Have you paid your £10 as you have a nice new sparkly avatar?? If you have, you can hide your shame, oops, post count.
Oh yes, I have paid my dues and now can't make up my mind about the avatars. May have to hide the post count now!!

Originally Posted by tum
Hi everyone, I see I've been missing out on some wonderful
stories about how life can be for us normal people

I just wanted to tell you I had a lovely party yesterday at work,
it being my last day there (after 19 years ) got loads of
little gifts and had a great time. No tears at all

So, only 3 weeks to go!

I'm sorry I don't have the time to read all the pages, but I hope
some great things are going to happen out there, houses being
sold etc. etc.

Here's a big hug for all of you ((()))
Hi M, How envious am I of you only got 3 weeks left Very happy for you though. House selling process seems much better over there, is it?

Kris - Love the story. Will have to ask DD1 if she has any to tell. The only thing I will say is that she has this pink blow up chair with a massive thingy stuck up in the middle of it and I won't allow her to walk out the door with it blown up, can you imagine the neighbours faces I also have the AS vans deliver here every Monday and their vans are sign written with Delivering Pleasure all down the sides, what must the neighbours think of me?

Can't work the smilies again?????
Old May 20th 2008, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
Funnily enough I have another fighting lesbian story too

Do you want to hear that one?

Actually perhaps I should start a funny lesbian story thread!!
LOL, can't wait for the next fighting lesbian story.. I bet Ic will be salivating right now.

Originally Posted by Jasonmb

Have EVERYTHING crossed for you fly - Good Luck

This is FAB news, Congrats, hopefully we will have more good news soon.

Tracy
Thanks Tracy - fingers crossed for some good news for you soon.

Originally Posted by tum
Hi everyone, I see I've been missing out on some wonderful
stories about how life can be for us normal people

I just wanted to tell you I had a lovely party yesterday at work,
it being my last day there (after 19 years ) got loads of
little gifts and had a great time. No tears at all ::

So, only 3 weeks to go!

I'm sorry I don't have the time to read all the pages, but I hope
some great things are going to happen out there, houses being
sold etc. etc.

Here's a big hug for all of you ((()))
Morning M - sounds like you had a lovely time. 3 weeks - EEEK are you ready?? Are you excited?? (Sounds like an Ann Summers party!) Fingers crossed that you have a smooth move and soon you will be posting from Cairns!!!

Originally Posted by nickywes
Oh yes, I have paid my dues and now can't make up my mind about the avatars. May have to hide the post count now!!

I might have to join when I get near 10,000 - it is too shameful.

Hi M, How envious am I of you only got 3 weeks left Very happy for you though. House selling process seems much better over there, is it?

Kris - Love the story. Will have to ask DD1 if she has any to tell. The only thing I will say is that she has this pink blow up chair with a massive thingy stuck up in the middle of it and I won't allow her to walk out the door with it blown up, can you imagine the neighbours faces I also have the AS vans deliver here every Monday and their vans are sign written with Delivering Pleasure all down the sides, what must the neighbours think of me?

Can't work the smilies again?????
How are you today?

PMSL, I bet your neighbours think you are running a house of ill repute - that or your OH is a very lucky man.

Your smilies were working Nicky......

Well, I have a ton of stuff to sort today as the Auctioneer is coming to collect a load of stuff tomorrow. We will finally get rid of that heap of furniture in the hall. Then it's on to the loft. ARGGHHHH
Old May 20th 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Kris- rock I loved your story it really made me laugh Wish I had read it sooner as have been in a right mood!!! F*^king Ex husband gunna kill that tosser one day!!!!

Our 2nd son is 18 next month so yesterday shelled out 500 quid to book his party and still have other things to pay for so asked my ex to pay for the DJ 200 quid which I think is fair but his told our son that he can have a DJ at his party or a present doesn't get both!!!!:curse: wouldn't mind but his a copper so earns really good money and his just paid £3 1/2k for his new wifes boob job!!! but our son can't have a DJ and a present:curse: Am I being unfair? My son is a good lad (ungratefull little so and so) but works hard and is never in trouble. Yet Ex pays for his wife son to have partys so angry want to go and smash his face in.

Anyway great news to all who had viewers (still can't understand why these people are looking at houses when they haven't sold theirs?).

Sorry to hear some viewers never turn up:curse:

Sorry bout rant in the middle but I'm sooo glad his my Ex!
Old May 20th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

HI all

Well have been here nearly 7 weeks already and loving it. Have only had 1 viewer since we left, EA keeps emailing me to drop the price another 15k we have already dropped 30k. They tell me that house prices in the UK are going to drop 40% this year is this true surely not!!!!!

Mortgage rates here are on the up and especially on the Gold Coast house prices are on the way up too so need to sell this bloody house.......I tell you its so annoying even being the other side of the world
Old May 20th 2008, 9:52 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

LOL, can't wait for the next fighting lesbian story.. I bet Ic will be salivating right now.

Thanks Tracy - fingers crossed for some good news for you soon.

Morning M - sounds like you had a lovely time. 3 weeks - EEEK are you ready?? Are you excited?? (Sounds like an Ann Summers party!) Fingers crossed that you have a smooth move and soon you will be posting from Cairns!!!

How are you today?

PMSL, I bet your neighbours think you are running a house of ill repute - that or your OH is a very lucky man.

Your smilies were working Nicky......

Well, I have a ton of stuff to sort today as the Auctioneer is coming to collect a load of stuff tomorrow. We will finally get rid of that heap of furniture in the hall. Then it's on to the loft. ARGGHHHH
Hi there

Am feeling OK today, bit pi**ed off about the whole thing really but not a lot we can do. Am waiting for 2 phone calls today from the quick buy companies but am going out with niecey for most of the day so will probably miss them. Oh well.

I can't use the multi-quote or proper smilies only the one's that I type in like this Don't know why.

Hi Tina - Most ex-husbands are tossers. My DS thought my ex-husbands name was tosser until he got to about 11 as that is all we referred to him as. He is not son of tosser but girls are. I used to get £4.95 pw for 2 girls from the child support unit, that went a long way, not...

How about approaching the family in law for help?

Hi Spaceys - Glad to hear you are doing well over there. The news lately has been that it will probably pick up once people stop the panic and the press stops reporting a recession. I believe it too.
Old May 20th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spaceys
HI all

Well have been here nearly 7 weeks already and loving it. Have only had 1 viewer since we left, EA keeps emailing me to drop the price another 15k we have already dropped 30k. They tell me that house prices in the UK are going to drop 40% this year is this true surely not!!!!!

Mortgage rates here are on the up and especially on the Gold Coast house prices are on the way up too so need to sell this bloody house.......I tell you its so annoying even being the other side of the world

Hi

You must have left at nearly the same time as us, we have been here 7 weeks on Saturday We think we should have come earlier, we had 1 viewing in 3 months before we left and in the 6.5 weeks we have been here have had 4 viewings, no offers but its a start

We have just changed EA, our original closed down, the new one came to do a new valuation last week and said that we were priced about right, no mention of 40% drops etc, we decided to reduce another £10,000 and she said it was up to us, but would suggest leaving it a week or 2. I think your EA might just be trying to scare you into selling at a reduced price, believing the hype that the press seem to be quite happy to print at the moment:curse:.

We look on Right move weekly, we can see other properties that are for sale in our area, any that have sold and the prices and can see that we are priced correctly for the style and size of home based on what others are selling at.

We are in the same situation and know that we need to sell before we can buy and settle here. We will sell eventually, we just need to shoot all the financial journalists so they can't print anything else:curse:.

If we were to reduce our house by 40% I might as well hand it back to the mortgage co now.
Old May 20th 2008, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Hi,

Lets hope it is the EA's just getting us to drop price Need it sold by September really or will have to rent it out as thats when our mortgage holiday finishes

We been out here 7 weeks on Friday so we are 1 day ahead
Old May 20th 2008, 11:30 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

It was Roast Chicken - had to wait for OH to get back from the tip (turns out he went via his dads house which probably involved beer too.) - Sorry.

Right

I have to set the scene a little

The person holding the Anne Summers party was my brother in laws ex girlfriend, Helen - she is the most girly girl I have ever met, she has a barbie pink jeep and her flat is totally decorated in shades of pink and she looks a bit like a barbie doll too come to think of it, its weird but she seems really dumb but she cant be because she owns and runs a nursey so she cant be all that thick!! - I on the other hand am completely opposite to that and the only reason I was invited really is because I was extended family so I also felt I had to go too which I really wasnt looking forward too as I knew it would be full of her mates who are all the same as her.
She rented out a room in her flat to a girl who was a hairdresser at Toni & Guys so she was also invited and had in turn invited a load of her friends to come along too so it was quite a big party.

When I got there, being a smoker, I had to sit in the corner by the windows which was the smoking area, and the other people there where her flat mate and a load of her mates who in all fairness where really nice - normal people that I got on really well with, more than Helen and her mates anyway.
At this point I need to throw in that one of them asked me if I could drop her off on my way home which wasnt a problem at all as it was on my way.

There was an obvious division in the room it was abit like school really, there was Helen and her girly mates on one side and her flat mates friends and me on the other.

So the party got going, much alcohol was flowing and everyone was getting drunker and drunker - I on the other hand was stone cold sober as I was driving home

then another of the flat mates work friend turned up late (and had obviously been drinking beforehand too) - she came in with someone else who on cursory glance could have been mistaken for a guy but it was obvious to me was a very male looking woman and I guessed lesbian - they obviously came over and joined our side of the room and it turned out the two of them were a couple.
So party is going along and the boy looking lesbian started asking the Anne summers woman did strap ons and other hardcore items, which I found hilarious but the looks on Helen and her mates faces said they werent so amused.
This girl was really quite funny and I was getting along quite well with them and having a good night.

But the mood was getting frosty and there was a definate divide in the room now and the Anne Summers woman was getting all flustered and irate at being heckled by the Lesbians!

Thats when it all changed.
Helen was really drunk by this time and so where a lot of her mates and she started off on one to her flat mate about inviting a guy to her Anne Summers party!!
Her and her mates genuinely believed this girl was a man! - which I couldnt see myself, yes she was guy looking but was obviously a lesbian, and had spent the whole evening being pissed off about it and getting drunker and convincing themselves further - I would have thought all the talk of strap ons may have given it away but obviously not. I guess lesbians dont exist in that pretty pink barbie world they inhabit.

So then this massive row starts between Helen and her flat mate and there is a shouting match going on in the door way, the lesbian couple they decide they should leave as they are causing the trouble so try to leave and (the girl lesbian was very small and petite) got caught up in the melee, and she said "oh dear, mole in a hole, let me out" as she was squasing through the group of helen and her mates who werent moving out of the way for her.
Then one off Helens friends (real bitch she is) turned around to Helen and said - she just called your flat a hole - which she totally didnt!
So she started shouting at the girl lesbian so then the boy lesbian dove in to defend her girlfriend and thats when the fight started.
There were about 5 involved the 2 lesbians and helen and 2 of her mates.

Then they tore all their clothes of each other and a big tester tube of love gel got squashed and went all over them and there were all these girls writhing on the floor all greased up in their underwear - not really i just put that bit in for Ic as he had to wait so long

I dove in and broke it up and they lesbians left, then I decided I wanted to go because I was so angry with the way they were going on that I thought I may get into a fight too, then Helen started on at me saying that I was taking their side and spent the whole night with them ignoring her blah blah blah and was taking one of the home, blah blah.
I told her to shut her mouth and had to leave before I said something worse - remember at the time this would have been my possible sister in law, whom my mother in law loved so didnt want to make too many waves within my family.

So basically the only Anne Summers party I went to resulted in a mass fight becausesome silly girls thought a lesbian woman was a man.
It was funny watching the rep squirm under their questioning about strap ons though!!

Also the week after her flat mate moved out.

About a year after that she split up with my brother in law having 2 timed him with my OH's best friend - nice move.
And they got married a couple of years ago and my OH and I werent invited, in fact none of his friends were invited, apparently she didnt want any of his riff raff mates there to spoil her day!!
But at a BBQ later that summer they got married, I was talking to someone who did go and they told me that when asked why my OH hadnt been invited she said it was because she hasnt forgiven me for taking the lesbians side at her AS party and didnt want me there. BTW that was about 3 years after the party had happened.

It still brings a smile to my face though.

HA HA!!! excellent ...
what a great story , so funny
Old May 20th 2008, 11:31 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Then they tore all their clothes of each other and a big tester tube of love gel got squashed and went all over them and there were all these girls writhing on the floor all greased up in their underwear - not really i just put that bit in for Ic as he had to wait so long
Thankyou
Old May 20th 2008, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi there

Am feeling OK today, bit pi**ed off about the whole thing really but not a lot we can do. Am waiting for 2 phone calls today from the quick buy companies but am going out with niecey for most of the day so will probably miss them. Oh well.

I can't use the multi-quote or proper smilies only the one's that I type in like this Don't know why.

Hi Tina - Most ex-husbands are tossers. My DS thought my ex-husbands name was tosser until he got to about 11 as that is all we referred to him as. He is not son of tosser but girls are. I used to get £4.95 pw for 2 girls from the child support unit, that went a long way, not...

How about approaching the family in law for help?

Hi Spaceys - Glad to hear you are doing well over there. The news lately has been that it will probably pick up once people stop the panic and the press stops reporting a recession. I believe it too.
I think you're right Nicky, the 40% is the worst case scenario. Actually, asking prices went UP last quarter. (People probably know that they will get crap offers so they are starting off higher!) Problem is, we don't know when it will all sort it's self out. Just have to hope it's soon.

PMSL at your Tosser. I would pretend your ex doesn't exist Tina - you are going to the otherside of the World and don't ever have to see or have anything to do with him again. How do you think your son will view him?? A Dad who doesn't want him to have a party, who doesn't support his Mother - it will backfire on him, you watch.

Have a nice day out Nicky and forget all about houses. I would if I could!

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi

You must have left at nearly the same time as us, we have been here 7 weeks on Saturday We think we should have come earlier, we had 1 viewing in 3 months before we left and in the 6.5 weeks we have been here have had 4 viewings, no offers but its a start

We have just changed EA, our original closed down, the new one came to do a new valuation last week and said that we were priced about right, no mention of 40% drops etc, we decided to reduce another £10,000 and she said it was up to us, but would suggest leaving it a week or 2. I think your EA might just be trying to scare you into selling at a reduced price, believing the hype that the press seem to be quite happy to print at the moment:

We look on Right move weekly, we can see other properties that are for sale in our area, any that have sold and the prices and can see that we are priced correctly for the style and size of home based on what others are selling at.

We are in the same situation and know that we need to sell before we can buy and settle here. We will sell eventually, we just need to shoot all the financial journalists so they can't print anything else:.

If we were to reduce our house by 40% I might as well hand it back to the mortgage co now.
Good luck with the new EA - if they aren't saying reduce, then you must be OK. I think people are just taking lower offers now. So 6 months ago, 5% reduction on asking was normal, now it is 10%.

I'll join you in the shooting journalists hunt.:curse:

Originally Posted by spaceys
Hi,

Lets hope it is the EA's just getting us to drop price Need it sold by September really or will have to rent it out as thats when our mortgage holiday finishes :

We been out here 7 weeks on Friday so we are 1 day ahead
Remember the EA wants to sell - the longer you are on his books, the more it costs them. They are all feeling the pinch and lots of them are going under. They need the income. Tell them you will reduce a bit - BUT they have to take a commission sacrifice too. See how that goes down.

Originally Posted by Icarus
Thankyou
ROFPMSL. I though you'd like that.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Nicky & Fly - On the plus side my son is now asking questions about living in Oz. His on our visa but at 1st said he wasn't going to move out with us but lately he's took more of an interest. Think he's realized just how far down the line he is in his fathers household. And his boss has just applied for his visa and is moving to Adelaide so hopefully he will take him on over there

Tina x
Old May 21st 2008, 12:11 am
Handsome Internet Guy

ROFPMSL. I though you'd like that.
you have no idea how much i did
Old May 21st 2008, 12:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Nicky & Fly - On the plus side my son is now asking questions about living in Oz. His on our visa but at 1st said he wasn't going to move out with us but lately he's took more of an interest. Think he's realized just how far down the line he is in his fathers household. And his boss has just applied for his visa and is moving to Adelaide so hopefully he will take him on over there

Tina x
Fantastic news!! See, your ex has shot himself in the foot. Let him carry on - just make sure your son knows everything, but don't slag his Dad off. Your son's old enought to work things out for himself and will draw his own conclusions. Hopefully that he wants to come with you. His boss moving sounds excellent! What a coincidence. Hopefully that's the last nudge he needs to get him out there. Is he validating with you? If he is, he might want to wait for his boss, but that's not too bad...
Old May 21st 2008, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Icarus
you have no idea how much i did
Old May 21st 2008, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steveandtina

Tina x

That would be great Tina, I hope he does come and gets a job over there with his current boss - fingers crossed eh?

I know all about this - have w*nker ex husband who caused us grief for years - 17 year old son now lives with his cos he can do what he wants - no rules or curfews from the age of 15 - broke my heart. He is interested in coming back with us now - I just hope and pray that he does. Dad full of false promises that never seem to come off - I just wish we had never come back in the first place, none of this would have happened - all my fault but cant turn the clock back.

Our viwerers were getting their house valued today so will have to wait and see if they come back to us - please lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck today everyone - lets hope we get a nice weekend and lots of (serious)viewers

Jo
x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.