Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 21st 2008, 12:40 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by tum
Hi everyone, I see I've been missing out on some wonderful
stories about how life can be for us normal people

I just wanted to tell you I had a lovely party yesterday at work,
it being my last day there (after 19 years ) got loads of
little gifts and had a great time. No tears at all

So, only 3 weeks to go!

I'm sorry I don't have the time to read all the pages, but I hope
some great things are going to happen out there, houses being
sold etc. etc.

Here's a big hug for all of you ((()))
Hi M , wwooohhhhooo 3 weeks eh ?
am pleased the party went well
Old May 21st 2008, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyboob
SAMMY T
i'm really sorry for the news...feel really bad for suggesting you chase it up. but i guess it's better you find out now than friday!
Yes, it was definitely better to know yesterday than on Friday, obviously the useless solicitors were not going to let me know!

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Ohh Sam, I am really sorry to hear this, I hope you feel better today.
Hi, thanks for that. I'm not upset today, just really fed up

Originally Posted by tum

So, only 3 weeks to go!

I'm sorry I don't have the time to read all the pages, but I hope
some great things are going to happen out there, houses being
sold etc. etc.

Here's a big hug for all of you ((()))
Very exciting
Hope the last few weeks are good ones.

How's everyone doing, I bet whoeover started this thread did not realise how long it would go on for and how many people find it very comforting

Sam
Old May 21st 2008, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Afternoon all,
Well I am off to Sunny Perth tomorrow - woohooo will try and get on here while I am away just to make you lot jealous (not really!!)
Well we had a couple of viewers last week or so, one who specifically asked for a house with an annexe, the couple are to rent their house out and move in here and at same time elderly parents have their house on the market ready to go to.......
Well thats what EA told us......
Turns out couple WERE looking for an annexe but,
a, Unsure of what they would do with their property
b,parents house NOT on the market
and c, hadn't even discussed the proposition to the parents!!!!!
I mean WTF??? EA had said all this before they viewed, then when they rang for feedback and we delved a bit deeper out comes the truth. S**ts.
2nd viewers young couple not even got house on market........I mean IS THERE A BLOODY POINT????
Dt(pi$$ed off)P
By the way Fly still waiting for those Punk pictures........
Old May 21st 2008, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Afternoon all,
Well I am off to Sunny Perth tomorrow - woohooo will try and get on here while I am away just to make you lot jealous (not really!!)
Well we had a couple of viewers last week or so, one who specifically asked for a house with an annexe, the couple are to rent their house out and move in here and at same time elderly parents have their house on the market ready to go to.......
I mean WTF??? EA had said all this before they viewed, then when they rang for feedback and we delved a bit deeper out comes the truth. S**ts.
2nd viewers young couple not even got house on market........I mean IS THERE A BLOODY POINT????
Dt(pi$$ed off)P

Bloody EA why do they lie do they never think we will find out.

With your on the 2nd couple why look when not sold theirs?

Anyway enjoy Perth and hope you get a sale while your away
Old May 21st 2008, 3:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johull

I know all about this - have w*nker ex husband who caused us grief for years - 17 year old son now lives with his cos he can do what he wants - no rules or curfews from the age of 15 - broke my heart. He is interested in coming back with us now - I just hope and pray that he does. Dad full of false promises that never seem to come off - I just wish we had never come back in the first place, none of this would have happened - all my fault but cant turn the clock back.

Did you used to live in Aus???

Our viwerers were getting their house valued today so will have to wait and see if they come back to us - please lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck today everyone - lets hope we get a nice weekend and lots of (serious)viewers

Jo
x
Fingers crossed for them to get a good value - and to sell it quickly!

Originally Posted by Sammy T
[COLOR="Magenta"]

[COLOR="magenta"]Very exciting
How's everyone doing, I bet whoeover started this thread did not realise how long it would go on for and how many people find it very comforting

Sam
Eddie007 started this thread and she's still trying to sell! She gave up posting on here for a while as she thought it was cursed...

Afternoon all,
Well I am off to Sunny Perth tomorrow - woohooo will try and get on here while I am away just to make you lot jealous:: (not really!!)::
Dt(pi$$ed off)
By the way Fly still waiting for those Punk pictures........::
Danny boy - I'll miss you. Hope you have a great time though.

I'll get some photos scanned by the time you get back.

Bloomin EAs. Try and forget all about the house while you are away. You never know, one of these viewers could come up trumps while you're away and you'll have to come back and rush a house sale. It's sods law!
Old May 21st 2008, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Fingers crossed for them to get a good value - and to sell it quickly!

Eddie007 started this thread and she's still trying to sell! She gave up posting on here for a while as she thought it was cursed...

Danny boy - I'll miss you. Hope you have a great time though.

I'll get some photos scanned by the time you get back.

Bloomin EAs. Try and forget all about the house while you are away. You never know, one of these viewers could come up trumps while you're away and you'll have to come back and rush a house sale. It's sods law!

Yes, we lived on the Gold Coast - went out in 2005 and I got depressed and homesick and came back in 2006 - this is why I would like to slap myself

Think I confused homesickness - this horrible gut wrenching feeling with depression. My dad was ill and I couldnt find work and just got really really down and wanted to get home to my family and my safe life here in Yorkshire. I now have a job to go to - with a friendss business - 4 days a week school hours so it will be perfect. My Dave is a builder so hopefully will be good for him too.

Be prepared guys - it happens to alot of people - once that first rush of euphoria is over and reality kicks in!!! Remember this post thougha nd dont end up like me - say waiting to sell a house to get back to where you were 2 years ago!!!!! Lots of people on the other threads - particularly moving back to the UK ones have ping pommed!!!!!
Old May 21st 2008, 3:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johull
Yes, we lived on the Gold Coast - went out in 2005 and I got depressed and homesick and came back in 2006 - this is why I would like to slap myself

Think I confused homesickness - this horrible gut wrenching feeling with depression. My dad was ill and I couldnt find work and just got really really down and wanted to get home to my family and my safe life here in Yorkshire. I now have a job to go to - with a friendss business - 4 days a week school hours so it will be perfect. My Dave is a builder so hopefully will be good for him too.

Be prepared guys - it happens to alot of people - once that first rush of euphoria is over and reality kicks in!!! Remember this post thougha nd dont end up like me - say waiting to sell a house to get back to where you were 2 years ago!!!!! Lots of people on the other threads - particularly moving back to the UK ones have ping pommed!!!!!
Sounds like you'll be better prepared this time. What a nightmare. The transition bit, is the bit that worries me. I hope that this time, you can remember that the bad bits were temporary.

Are you going back to the Gold Coast?
Old May 21st 2008, 4:39 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you'll be better prepared this time. What a nightmare. The transition bit, is the bit that worries me. I hope that this time, you can remember that the bad bits were temporary.

Are you going back to the Gold Coast?
I think we're having our transition bit now FA

I promise you, when we BOTH get to Oz, because we will, I'll be on the end of the phone for when you get depressed & homesick, reminding you of how hard it was waiting to get sorted & offering to come & slap you upside de head with a wet haddock if you even THINK about going back to England
Old May 21st 2008, 4:41 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee

I promise you, when we BOTH get to Oz, because we will, I'll be on the end of the phone for when you get depressed & homesick, reminding you of how hard it was waiting to get sorted & offering to come & slap you upside de head with a wet haddock if you even THINK about going back to England
Not everyone comes from England!!!!!!
Beth x x
Old May 21st 2008, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks G. I don't think I'll get homesick... but you never know. I won't be going back to England though. It took me 19 years to get out of that place and I'm not going back.

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Not everyone comes from England!!!!!!
Beth x x
LOL, that's what I thought.
Old May 21st 2008, 5:04 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey.... are you not from round these parts then m'dear?

Oh yes, just remembered.... you're Welsh!!!

Old May 21st 2008, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Blimey.... are you not from round these parts then m'dear?

Oh yes, just remembered.... you're Welsh!!!

Well, I'm half Dutch, quarter English, quarter Welsh actually. But I live in Wales. Born and brought up in Brum. Definately not going back there!
Old May 21st 2008, 6:14 am
Just Joined

capo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi

You must have left at nearly the same time as us, we have been here 7 weeks on Saturday We think we should have come earlier, we had 1 viewing in 3 months before we left and in the 6.5 weeks we have been here have had 4 viewings, no offers but its a start

We have just changed EA, our original closed down, the new one came to do a new valuation last week and said that we were priced about right, no mention of 40% drops etc, we decided to reduce another £10,000 and she said it was up to us, but would suggest leaving it a week or 2. I think your EA might just be trying to scare you into selling at a reduced price, believing the hype that the press seem to be quite happy to print at the moment:curse:.

We look on Right move weekly, we can see other properties that are for sale in our area, any that have sold and the prices and can see that we are priced correctly for the style and size of home based on what others are selling at.

We are in the same situation and know that we need to sell before we can buy and settle here. We will sell eventually, we just need to shoot all the financial journalists so they can't print anything else:curse:.

If we were to reduce our house by 40% I might as well hand it back to the mortgage co now.
I'm not sure it's about pricing correctly like the rest of the market for similar houses in your area.

When owners followed the 5% cuts given by similar sellers in their area, it was those who reduced by 10% or 12% that had a better chance of selling their homes. That's what my EA is telling me. It's not nice to hear I agree but I can see the logic in it - especially if they got out, and now people are having to discount 15% or more.

If you don't stand out as a better opportunity to buyers amongst the rest, and just continue to cut gradually by following the main market every 3 to 6 months, it's possible you might be strapped in all the way to whatever level the market reaches, - unless it the market recovers, in which case you might lose out on a few percent.

The problem with property is "what it's worth" is actually illiquid worth, not real money and any increases over the years are not real gains, until it's sold and banked in to liquidity.

Last edited by capo; May 21st 2008 at 6:16 am.
Old May 21st 2008, 7:09 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by capo
I'm not sure it's about pricing correctly like the rest of the market for similar houses in your area.

When owners followed the 5% cuts given by similar sellers in their area, it was those who reduced by 10% or 12% that had a better chance of selling their homes. That's what my EA is telling me. It's not nice to hear I agree but I can see the logic in it - especially if they got out, and now people are having to discount 15% or more.

If you don't stand out as a better opportunity to buyers amongst the rest, and just continue to cut gradually by following the main market every 3 to 6 months, it's possible you might be strapped in all the way to whatever level the market reaches, - unless it the market recovers, in which case you might lose out on a few percent.

The problem with property is "what it's worth" is actually illiquid worth, not real money and any increases over the years are not real gains, until it's sold and banked in to liquidity.

You've obviously not been following this thread. I think that all of us have made substantial drops since our original valuations.

I think the point that you've missed is that an asking price is just that. Anyone is free to offer what they wish.

How long have you been on the market, may I ask?
Old May 21st 2008, 7:13 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Afternoon all,
Dt(pi$$ed off)P

Have a great time DTP and don't forget to look out for my DD in Singapore airport. Give her a kiss for me if you see her.....I am sure the wife will be very impressed

Thanks G. I don't think I'll get homesick... but you never know. I won't be going back to England though. It took me 19 years to get out of that place and I'm not going back.

LOL, that's what I thought.
Back to England....you have got to be joking after all it is taking to get out of her

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.