Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 16th 2008, 1:15 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Just thought you would like to know.........

I GOT A OFFER ON MY HOUSE!!!!

Only £5k under what we was gunna let it go for but this is the viewer from last night and his a 1st time buyer with a 15% deposit.

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Bet that's a relief for you.
Old May 16th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Wow Tina great news all I can say is accept , accept, accept

Well I haven't been around much and I have just catched up lol

Well N all I can say is look into it, it might be an option, fingers crossed what ever you decide

FA hope you r feeling better now, Im sure evryone on this thread feels that way som times. Sending you a big hug

IC any news from you yet?

Sorry if I have missed anyone xx

Well I have had one viewing since I changed EA, they also went to view next door which is 13k under our price
Not heard anything back from them so I will take it as a no.
Good news is that OH company said they will wait for him, so we are alright on that one. All I keep thinking is if the sale had not fallen through we would be leaving for OZ this weekend

Oh well we will get there adventually, fingers crossed lets hope for some more buyers soon

Old May 16th 2008, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Only £5k under what we was gunna let it go for but this is the viewer from last night and his a 1st time buyer with a 15% deposit.

YAY!!!!

Well done Tina!! So pleased for you!!
Old May 16th 2008, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Hi all, I have a good feeling today, i think this may be the beginning of a turn around. We now have 1 viewing this afternoon, 3 viewings booked for tommorow and 1 for Mon!!!.......this could however be to do with the 'chat' i had with the EA about how desperate we are getting ( we have less than 4months to validate) anyway will just have to see if anyone puts an offer in, we have a good idea of the amount we are looking for.
Anyway, hope it all turns around for all of us!
MORE good news - is this the right thread???

Good luck Betsy!
Old May 16th 2008, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes

No viewers for us yet but in the paper today so you never know
Hope the new advert does the trick

Originally Posted by Icarus
Morning all ,

pleased your feeling better FA .

good luck this weekend with the paper N ,
Hi Ic, any joy yet (with house offers, I mean)

Originally Posted by johull
Morning everyone

Not heard anything from last weeks viewer but go another one booked for Saturday morning at 11 - thats 2 in a week!!!! In shock after not one for 7 months!!! All this doom and gloom on the news doesnt help though, what a pain - I dread switching on my PC in a morning as just get emails predicting property crash!!!!!

Good luck everyone this weekend.
Good luck with your next viewer

I need some help please and a bit of rational thinking.

Don't know if I mentioned it, but a while ago I got in contact with the National Homebuyers just out of interest and they sent all their paperwork asking for a valuation fee of £695 or could have been £795. Anyway I thought b******x to that and didn't bother anymore, then they rang and said valuation fee gone down to £99, still thought the same and didn't bother. Today got a letter making a formal offer to us for the house. It is very very low.......£609,756......but am really tempted. Was up for sale initially at £750k now reduced to £675k. No EA's fee to pay and they pay up to £1k legal costs, they can complete quickly too.

Just spoke to OH and he immediately said no but then when working it all out with the fees etc, that is about £18k and then staying here another 6 months or more with high mortgage payments and bills for this house.

Don't know what to do, are they true to their word, does anybody know, what do you think? Help
Ni Nicky

Thats less than a 10% drop on your current price, I'd certainly find out more from them, as it sounds like most buyers are taking about that percentage drop on prices anyway.

Hi all, I have a good feeling today, i think this may be the beginning of a turn around. We now have 1 viewing this afternoon, 3 viewings booked for tommorow and 1 for Mon!!!.......this could however be to do with the 'chat' i had with the EA about how desperate we are getting ( we have less than 4months to validate) anyway will just have to see if anyone puts an offer in, we have a good idea of the amount we are looking for.
Keep those viewers coming, hope an offer follows soon

Congrataulations Tina, only £5k less, snap their hands off!

Right, I think I've caught up now, I go to work and come back and have pages to catch up on!

Our buyer now has his mortgage offer and we are hoping to exchange next Friday and complete 2 weeks later (he wants to complet in 1 week but we're hanging out for 2) and then hopefully flying out week beginning the 9th June (but I'm still not booking anyhting until we know we've exchanged)

Sam
Old May 16th 2008, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

oops, don't think it was you with the greenhouse!

LOL no more of a back seat of a car kind of girl

Have accepted the offer but have stressed we will keep it on the market and if they start any funny business and try to get us to drop at the last minute I will pull out. Never thought when I put in on the market last December I would have to drop £25K £25k could have bought us a car each So if your in Adelaide and you see a Essex bird in the Oldest old banger of a car you have ever seen it will be ME
Old May 16th 2008, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hope the new advert does the trick

Hi Ic, any joy yet (with house offers, I mean)

Good luck with your next viewer

Ni Nicky

Thats less than a 10% drop on your current price, I'd certainly find out more from them, as it sounds like most buyers are taking about that percentage drop on prices anyway.

Keep those viewers coming, hope an offer follows soon

Congrataulations Tina, only £5k less, snap their hands off!

Right, I think I've caught up now, I go to work and come back and have pages to catch up on!

Our buyer now has his mortgage offer and we are hoping to exchange next Friday and complete 2 weeks later (he wants to complet in 1 week but we're hanging out for 2) and then hopefully flying out week beginning the 9th June (but I'm still not booking anyhting until we know we've exchanged)

Sam

WOW Sam Thats not long is it, bet your well excited? Better get booking them flights soon.

Our buyer got it £10k cheaper that asking price but the last offer we accept was 240K so only 5k under that but was looking to spend £7k on validating so its worth losing the money just so I'm not cleaning all the time
Old May 16th 2008, 1:50 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

LOL no more of a back seat of a car kind of girl

Have accepted the offer but have stressed we will keep it on the market and if they start any funny business and try to get us to drop at the last minute I will pull out. Never thought when I put in on the market last December I would have to drop £25K £25k could have bought us a car each So if your in Adelaide and you see a Essex bird in the Oldest old banger of a car you have ever seen it will be ME
That is fantastic news Tina, when are you going to book your flights?

Thanks for all the advice gang, am going to have a real think about this one and give them a call also.

Just had a call from new EA and we have a viewing at 5pm so you never know may not need National Homebuyers Keep your fingers crossed for us please.
Old May 16th 2008, 1:53 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Not been on for a while so not sure how everyone is doing. Well done steveandtina, congratulations glad someone is getting somewhere, im feeling a bit pissed off with the whole thing at the mo. We had 2 viewers in the first week both keen to make an offer but they have to sell theirs. Nothing since

Never mind, we are off to Portugal tomorrow for a week, so going to forget about it for a while

Good luck everyone

Joexx
Old May 16th 2008, 1:55 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart

Well N all I can say is look into it, it might be an option, fingers crossed what ever you decide

FA hope you r feeling better now, Im sure evryone on this thread feels that way som times. Sending you a big hug

IC any news from you yet?

Well I have had one viewing since I changed EA, they also went to view next door which is 13k under our price
Good news is that OH company said they will wait for him, so we are alright on that one. All I keep thinking is if the sale had not fallen through we would be leaving for OZ this weekend

Oh well we will get there adventually, fingers crossed lets hope for some more buyers soon

Hi Emma , no news from me , are you decorating ?
Old May 16th 2008, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for all the advice gang, am going to have a real think about this one and give them a call also.

Just had a call from new EA and we have a viewing at 5pm so you never know may not need National Homebuyers Keep your fingers crossed for us please.
Good luck with the viewing at 5

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Not been on for a while so not sure how everyone is doing. Well done steveandtina, congratulations glad someone is getting somewhere, im feeling a bit pissed off with the whole thing at the mo. We had 2 viewers in the first week both keen to make an offer but they have to sell theirs. Nothing since

Never mind, we are off to Portugal tomorrow for a week, so going to forget about it for a while

Good luck everyone

Joexx
Enjoy your holiday xx

Just had a thought do you think my offer could have something to do with the St Joseph I planted on Wednesday?
Old May 16th 2008, 2:09 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your holiday xx

Just had a thought do you think my offer could have something to do with the St Joseph I planted on Wednesday?

send it to me !!!
Old May 16th 2008, 2:10 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Good Luck BB , you have a lot of interest there hope it comes good for you
Old May 16th 2008, 2:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by suart

Thanks - I am feeling a bit better today. Just on pins all the time hoping to hear some good news.IC any news from you yet?

Well I have had one viewing since I changed EA, they also went to view next door which is 13k under our price::

:
What a bummer that you would have been flying out now. Good news that your OH's employer will wait though. Takes a bit of the worry off. Fingers crossed for another offer soon for you. It's so stressful waiting isn't it?

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hope the new advert does the trick::

Me too - missed that a few pages ago in all the excitement.

Sam
Hi Sam - great news, sounds like he is trying his best to complete quickly. Gosh in 3 weeks time you could be in Oz!!!!

LOL no more of a back seat of a car kind of girl:

PMSL - we're headed for Adelaide, so I'll keep a look out for you. We'll be the ones with the push bike! It's so annoying that the market dropped so much so quickly. Just so long as you have enough, is all that counts.

Fingers crossed for the viewing - get cleaning woman!! You can use the Homebuyers offer as a minimum now - you know you can get that at least, so no silly offers!

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe

Never mind, we are off to Portugal tomorrow for a week, so going to forget about it for a while::

Good luck everyone

Joexx
Hi Joe - hope you have a nice holiday. It will take your mind off all this selling business. I feel like you. I'm sure we all feel like this at some point. Hopefully you will have some viewings while you are away. Good luck and a big hug. (((())))
Old May 16th 2008, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Enjoy your holiday xx

Do not move that st joseph until you have exchanged and there is no going back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.