Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 4th 2008, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Hi all,

Anyone had probs getting on here this morning?????

What's up Eddie?
Old May 5th 2008, 12:12 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi all,

Anyone had probs getting on here this morning?????

What's up Eddie?
i have....thought it was me!!!!
Old May 5th 2008, 12:12 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Fly,

Yes, it kept telling me there were problems with the data base, whatever that means. Agents are coming tomorrow to take photos and do a floorplan of the house, we have also signed up for a virtual tour of the house to be put on the net. OH wants to tell the EA that if she sells and gets completion within 3 months he will give her £500 cash in her hand.

I am fed up of cleaning I know I haven't been doing it as long as you but don't you get paranoid about it.

Lisa
Old May 5th 2008, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarab40
i have....thought it was me!!!!
I thought it was me too as my ISP cut our broadband off for 24 hours and then said it couldn't be fixed for 5 working days and then it came back by itself yesterday.... I just assumed it was another problem at the exchange. Obviously not.

Originally Posted by Laights
Hi Fly,

Yes, it kept telling me there were problems with the data base, whatever that means. Agents are coming tomorrow to take photos and do a floorplan of the house, we have also signed up for a virtual tour of the house to be put on the net. OH wants to tell the EA that if she sells and gets completion within 3 months he will give her £500 cash in her hand.

I am fed up of cleaning I know I haven't been doing it as long as you but don't you get paranoid about it.

Lisa

Fingers crossed for you Lisa - I think the £500 is a good idea - the agent needs to have an incentive.

The cleaning never gets any easier. The longer it goes on, the harder it gets as you have to carry on with your life. For example at the moment we have furniture stacked up in our hall which we are selling. Just have to tell viewers that it will be gone next week and look how big the hall is to take all this furniture! To be honest, as long as it is something which is obviously not dirt and is temporary, we haven't had too many problems. We just stress ourselves out thinking it must be perfect.
Old May 5th 2008, 12:28 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

True, I suppose we know our houses insideout and know where every little mark and dink is, but potential viewers wouldn't even notice them, thats if we get any.

I see they are blaming the cat for the site going down
Old May 5th 2008, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

no news .... have couple coming from half way across the country to look at our home in the uk.... but no news..

meh
Old May 5th 2008, 3:49 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all,

Our EAs are shut today. I know they have to have time off but not when I'm selling my house.

Anyway we've decided to reduce the price by £20k. I really hope that's enough. Can't really afford to drop anymore.

Good luck for everyone this week.
Old May 5th 2008, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by eddie007
no news .... have couple coming from half way across the country to look at our home in the uk.... but no news..

meh
Fingers crossed for you.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Afternoon all,

Our EAs are shut today. I know they have to have time off but not when I'm selling my house.

Anyway we've decided to reduce the price by £20k. I really hope that's enough. Can't really afford to drop anymore.

Good luck Janine. It is gutting to have to reduce by so much when I know that you have worked long and hard and spent a lot of money doing the house up. I hope that the reduction does the trick for you.

I have read in a couple of different places that people think the market will pick up by September as Gordon Brown will be fighting for his career and the economy going down the pan will finish him. I hope they are right. Trouble is, the great 'dead' period when no one looks at all starts at the end of October.

Our EA is shut too. Lazy gits. This is the best selling weekend of the year!

Can you tell I am in a fighting mood today??
Old May 5th 2008, 4:32 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for you.

Good luck Janine. It is gutting to have to reduce by so much when I know that you have worked long and hard and spent a lot of money doing the house up. I hope that the reduction does the trick for you.

I have read in a couple of different places that people think the market will pick up by September as Gordon Brown will be fighting for his career and the economy going down the pan will finish him. I hope they are right. Trouble is, the great 'dead' period when no one looks at all starts at the end of October.

Our EA is shut too. Lazy gits. This is the best selling weekend of the year!

Can you tell I am in a fighting mood today??
Good to see the fighting spirit is back, FA.

I hope the reduction does the trick as well. It's just typical, I go through all the years of the boom and everyone telling me how well they've done out of the housing market etc etc, blah blah blah and then when it's my turn it all turns sour. Typical uh.

Anyway hopefully some of your hard work will be paying of soon for you.
Old May 5th 2008, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good to see the fighting spirit is back, FA.

I hope the reduction does the trick as well. It's just typical, I go through all the years of the boom and everyone telling me how well they've done out of the housing market etc etc, blah blah blah and then when it's my turn it all turns sour. Typical uh.

Anyway hopefully some of your hard work will be paying of soon for you.
Same here, we bought this house to live in until we retire, so weren't expecting to have to sell it so soon. If we didn't have to sell, there would be no way we would try to do so now. We lived through the last housing crash and it was horrible. Our first mortgage was at 16% interest!!! We sat that one out, we can sit this one out. Just would rather sell....

All those people telling you how well they have done will be losing money too - just because they dodn't want to sell now, doesn't mean their houses aren't going down in value. Any one of them could be caught on the hop if they have to sell for any reason - what if they lose their jobs etc??? You might want to mention that the next time some smug person says something...

Have decided to rent our newbuild place out too. Carpets going down next week. Looks like the UK has it's strangle hold on us... can't keep losing money hand over fist in the hope of selling. We will have to restart the business otherwise we will go under. Sigh.
Old May 5th 2008, 5:12 am
aka bunja

Same here, we bought this house to live in until we retire, so weren't expecting to have to sell it so soon. If we didn't have to sell, there would be no way we would try to do so now. We lived through the last housing crash and it was horrible. Our first mortgage was at 16% interest!!! We sat that one out, we can sit this one out. Just would rather sell....

All those people telling you how well they have done will be losing money too - just because they dodn't want to sell now, doesn't mean their houses aren't going down in value. Any one of them could be caught on the hop if they have to sell for any reason - what if they lose their jobs etc??? You might want to mention that the next time some smug person says something...

Have decided to rent our newbuild place out too. Carpets going down next week. Looks like the UK has it's strangle hold on us... can't keep losing money hand over fist in the hope of selling. We will have to restart the business otherwise we will go under. Sigh.
It's a bloody nightmare isn't it. I'm too young to remember the last crash, but I know my parents had a very rough time of it.

I'm just hoping the knock on effect to Oz will have sufficiently made an impact by the time we get out there.

That's it isn't it sigh and move on. Just got to be strong.
Old May 5th 2008, 5:13 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

I have thought about it - but I bet if I put it on for £10 it still wouldn't sell. Are you thinking about it???

I'm sure you'll enjoy cleaning out the garage!
Hi there - I have looked on ebay and there are loads of houses on there. They charge £35 to advertise but no fee, have a read up on it, can't hurt can it?

Finished clearing one garage and took loads to charity shop and up to the dump but didn't realise that you had to separate it all, took ages. Feel good now that it is done as it is another step to moving. I am useless at getting rid of stuff though.

[QUOTE=steveandtina;6307198]Going for our screen test in Manchester, couldn't get my face lift in time so gunna slap on loads of Essex girl make up. Nice and orange lovely

Do you look like Jodie Marsh now Don't forget the white stilletos and handbag

I know what you mean about Saffhend I lived there for a while cos it was cheap but still love it. But Brighton is my Fav god the clubbing I did there in my youth (ah memories). Went to Margate last year got a real shock it was really run down which is a shame as they had a nice beach apart form all the donkey poo.

Going to Brighton next, might give Margate a miss nowLost 4 hours one night in Saffhend, god knows how and where we went but it must have been good

[QUOTE=Gonnago;6307217]Oh enough with the Essex stuff you guys

Are you orange too Hayles?

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6307352]Deffo Brighton, (see above!) I was there in 1984 - when were you living it up??

Oh god I feel even older now, had DD2 in 1984 Glad ebay went well with sales N.

Afternoon all,

Our EAs are shut today know they have to have time off but not when I'm selling my house.

Hi O2O - Our EA is shut too but it wouldn't really matter as we are not in the paper of on the website or anywhere else for that matter, so have not cleaned all weekend as I knew we would have no viewers Garage is tidy though

Had a barbecue this afternoon in the lovely sunshine and this evening we are going to burn 6 years worth of accounts, can't wait. It will be like a celebration woo hoo.

Anybody sold this weekend or got offers?
Old May 5th 2008, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Evening all,
With the house market soooooooo shite and no-one or very few people getting new mortgages does this mean that rents will go up? Would be good for all of us maybe having to rent apart from the tax I suppose
Just a thought..........................
Dtp
Old May 5th 2008, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's a bloody nightmare isn't it. I'm too young to remember the last crash, but I know my parents had a very rough time of it.

I'm just hoping the knock on effect to Oz will have sufficiently made an impact by the time we get out there.

That's it isn't it sigh and move on. Just got to be strong.
You're just a babe in arms. Yes, let's hope we gain in Oz.

Yes, and let's just have to try and be strong....

[QUOTE=nickywes;6309910]Hi there - I have looked on ebay and there are loads of houses on there. They charge £35 to advertise but no fee, have a read up on it, can't hurt can it?

Might have a look - as you say, can't hurt....

Finished clearing one garage and took loads to charity shop and up to the dump but didn't realise that you had to separate it all, took ages. Feel good now that it is done as it is another step to moving. I am useless at getting rid of stuff though.

That's good - at least you have achieved something. My house is a tip and we have 2 viewings this week. We have almost emptied the storage unit. that will be something - whether we go to Oz or not. We needed to do it. Next step, the loft!

[QUOTE=steveandtina;6307198]Going for our screen test in Manchester, couldn't get my face lift in time so gunna slap on loads of Essex girl make up. Nice and orange lovely

Do you look like Jodie Marsh nowl: Don't forget the white stilletos and handbag

I know what you mean about Saffhend I lived there for a while cos it was cheap but still love it. But Brighton is my Fav god the clubbing I did there in my youth (ah memories). Went to Margate last year got a real shock it was really run down which is a shame as they had a nice beach apart form all the donkey poo.

Going to Brighton next, might give Margate a miss nowLost 4 hours one night in Saffhend, god knows how and where we went but it must have been good

LOL. lost 6 weeks in Brighton... have a few snap shot memories, non of which are suitable for public consumption! Enjoy your trip.

[QUOTE=Gonnago;6307217]Oh enough with the Essex stuff you guys

Are you orange too Hayles?

Deffo Brighton, (see above!) I was there in 1984 - when were you living it up??

Oh god I feel even older now, had DD2 in 1984 Glad ebay went well with sales N.

I wouldn't worry, I was old enough to have a child..... mind you it was a good job I didn't, poor thing would have been traumatised!

Hi O2O - Our EA is shut too but it wouldn't really matter as we are not in the paper of on the website or anywhere else for that matter, so have not cleaned all weekend as I knew we would have no viewers Garage is tidy though:

Bloomin EAs. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Had a barbecue this afternoon in the lovely sunshine and this evening we are going to burn 6 years worth of accounts, can't wait. It will be like a celebration woo hoo.

Anybody sold this weekend or got offers?
That sounds like fun - it was raining here. Good idea to burn your papers - we have a load to get rid of.
Old May 5th 2008, 8:30 am
aka bunja

It has bee a beautiful day here today. And I don't just mean the sun.

My kids are coming back.

Got back in contact with a friend I've not heard from in years.

I've had lots of gin.

And I've still got some left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.