Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 2nd 2008, 9:12 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I am - just hope I can stop at one glass and not demolish the whole bottle and tell you all I love you.

How are you tonight M - how come you have an open house when you have accepted an offer???
......I'm good thanks.....yes we've accepted an offer, but until that's final everything goes on as planned, so if she pulls out (although unlikely) it's still on the market. This open house thing is a part of our EA's concept (Remax) and is included in the price, so no harm done. I don't think she's going to pull out though. Normally there is a 3 weeks waiting period in which the buyer can pull out if they can't get a mortgage, after that they have to pay 10% of the agreed price to the seller. But she didn't need the waiting period so after the 3 days she's bound to the contract and the 10% if she pulls out. I hope this makes sense.

HI Bec, good news, a viewer, fingers and toes are crossed
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:18 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tum
......I'm good thanks.....yes we've accepted an offer, but until that's final everything goes on as planned, so if she pulls out (although unlikely) it's still on the market. This open house thing is a part of our EA's concept (Remax) and is included in the price, so no harm done. I don't think she's going to pull out though. Normally there is a 3 weeks waiting period in which the buyer can pull out if they can't get a mortgage, after that they have to pay 10% of the agreed price to the seller. But she didn't need the waiting period so after the 3 days she's bound to the contract and the 10% if she pulls out. I hope this makes sense.

oooh, sound really exciting, best of luck
bec
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:21 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by egghead4
oooh, sound really exciting, best of luck
bec
It does, and I'm going crazy thinking about what we need to do before 'the move' as she wants to exchange around mid June, that doesn't leave us much time. But hey, sold is sold!! How long has your house been on the market? Ours for a little more than a year.
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:28 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

since the end of december. we have a couple who would really like to buy the house, but they havent sold. apparently they keep ringing the estate agents to see if our house has been snapped up. they have a few second viewings this week and are willing to reduce their price in order to bag our house. i will only be happy once we have a sold sign and everything is going through:curse:
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:29 am
tum
destination Cairns

since the end of december. we have a couple who would really like to buy the house, but they havent sold. apparently they keep ringing the estate agents to see if our house has been snapped up. they have a few second viewings this week and are willing to reduce their price in order to bag our house. i will only be happy once we have a sold sign and everything is going through:curse:
I know...it's a nightmare, it doesn't help much, but we're all in the same boat! Let's hope some people will buy their house with the reduced price...fingers double crossed
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:31 am
tum
destination Cairns

Have a great evening. ttfn

Miranda xx
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum

I think it makes sense and it sounds like very good news. You'll be in Aus before you know it!!!

since the end of december. we have a couple who would really like to buy the house, but they havent sold. apparently they keep ringing the estate agents to see if our house has been snapped up. they have a few second viewings this week and are willing to reduce their price in order to bag our house. i will only be happy once we have a sold sign and everything is going through:
Fingers crossed for you Bec! I hope this one is a goer - and that the other viewer sells their house! We have someone who wants to buy ours and can't sell and are asking if we will part ex. Not sure if we will, but since our sale fell through today, it's an option....

Hence the drinking.... although I am partial to the odd glass.

Originally Posted by tum
Have a great evening. ttfn

Miranda xx
Night M - good luck tomorrow and with all your packing.
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:49 am
egghead4+becky

oh no nic, gutting
its so bloody stressful isnt it?
hows beth getting on, do you know/
bec
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:50 am
egghead4+becky

oh no the wines setting in
that was supposed to be a question mark!
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

oh no nic, gutting
its so bloody stressful isnt it?
hows beth getting on, do you know/
bec
It's a nightmare, but we'll get there in the end.... I think Beth just ran out of stamina, but she's recharged and back again now.

oh no the wines setting in
that was supposed to be a question mark!
PMSL, I am on the water now... haven't drunk for 2 weeks - in fact not since Sparky wife came over the day before they flew out. I hope they are OK - haven't heard from them...
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:00 am
egghead4+becky

oh my god i missed this, when did they go?
bloody hell, i get on here every few days now as work is so hectic and i seem to miss loads, fill me in - well not literally of course
sorry nic, my humour is quite bad tonight, i'm even chuclking at my own jokes, how sad is that
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oh my god i missed this, when did they go?
bloody hell, i get on here every few days now as work is so hectic and i seem to miss loads, fill me in - well not literally of course
sorry nic, my humour is quite bad tonight, i'm even chuclking at my own jokes, how sad is that
They went on the 12th April, (I think??? have to check that) Must have landed on the 16th - so have been there 2 weeks now. I expect they'll be back online as soon as they have internet connection.

PMSL at your joke... back away from the wine now....
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:14 am
egghead4+becky

nic, a question thats totally unrelated
is there a way you can post on a thread and not have to keep choosing whether or not you want to subscribe, it really pi**es me off having to choose all the time. come on, your a whizz at this.
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:19 am
egghead4+becky

nic have you seen american idol?
i'm watching it now, but doesnt it seem rushed, its bloody awful- who do you think will win.
oh by the way i havent seen tonights yet so dont tell me who goes
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

nic, a question thats totally unrelated
is there a way you can post on a thread and not have to keep choosing whether or not you want to subscribe, it really pi**es me off having to choose all the time. come on, your a whizz at this.
I don't have that at all.... so I am guessing that you must have an option under 'edit options' in your profile. (I must have turned this off without realising it!)

The other way to do it, is to click the little blue icon on the far right after 'quote' and that enables you to type a quick response in the box at the bottom of the thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.