Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 2nd 2008, 5:48 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6298542]LOL, go Paul! I hope they grovel!

My OH would just ask what I had done about it.

He would normally leave it to me but he has had enough too and doesn't mince his words

Originally Posted by SinkingShip
Surely the time has come for everyone to get together and drop their prices 20%.

Why do all think your houses are 'worth' so much more than they clearly are. I am not saying this to wind you up. The fact is that UK property was driven to excessive highs by lunatic lending by the banks and buy to let investors taking the place of first time buyers.

Now buy to let doesn't make sense - the rent hasn't covered the mortgage payments for years but they still did it in the hope of capital increases - and banks are writing down billions and having to have rights issues to rebuild their balance sheets. The mad 100% LTV loans are a thing of the past and banks will now be a lot more cautious, for years, about lending money.

If you're just sitting there hoping the market will turn around - you are kidding yourselves. This is the 1990s all over again. If you are serious about moving, drop your price and get a buyer. You'll chase the market down otherwise.

In 1988, at the height of the last boom I put a house on the market for 210k. I sold it 18 months later for 140k. On the way down I turned down an offer of 183k. I won't make that mistake again. If I were selling now, I'd be dropping my price to the level needed to attract a buyer now.

If you sit this out for 6 months, you'll sell for a lot less than you will if you drop now and get it over with.
Who's had a bad day then?

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Good on him, Blooming EA.

1 of our agents wanted me to lower the price again on Monday ( I had only just lowered the thurs b4) she wanted a answer there and then so it can go in this week paper, and she wasn't happy I woudn't lower and guess what? We are not in the paper again:curse: just cos I wouldn't do what she wanted Stuck up old cow!
Good on you. Trouble is they then don't advertise, complete prats the lot of them.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi guys, despite already reducing our price by 20%, our developers have just withdrawn their offer because we wouldn't agree to yet another unreasonable demand. Lets hope the other things I have up my sleeve come off.

Sort of feel relieved as they wanted our souls... but scared in case we never sell and get trapped in this country.
Shame but also good aswell. Now get rid of that tosser EA

[QUOTE=JenniGee;6299201]Hi FA - Gawd you wonder sometimes just how deep you have to dig to find the will to go on, don't you? You get over disappointment after disappointment, only to keep getting knocked back.

So sorry you are going through this nightmare, but keeping my fingers crossed that something sells for you soon, you deserve it so very much.

I was just saying to OH that it is like one big rollercoaster. One minute happyish and then the next totally deflated. I was even questioning whether our house was as nice as we thought it was.

Thanks G, I do have hope - so all is not lost. In fact, I have just this minute thought of a new cunning plan.

Hope everything is OK with you - haven't seen you on the board much this week.
Nic, I think I can hear your brain ticking away with ideas. Do you wake up sometimes thinking about what to do next, I do.

Hi Ic - Nice to see you have a viewer, good luck and will keep fingers crossed.

Have a good Bank Holiday weekend guys, lets hope the sun shines and brings out lots of viewers. Going to try and send everyone some k's
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

They posted on the august thread about half an hour ago - I was having a nose for Gonnago's news and saw it. Sounded like they only had one offer though....

BTW, Mozzy got her visa yesterday.

EDIT
yes - we should start and agency, I'm doing twice as much work as our EA as it is.GRR

No news yet....
i can't keep any secrets from you, eh?!
yep it finally happened -
BUT the house selling business is much more stressful!!!
still no surveyor after 2.5 weeks; called the EA yet again (they didn't give us the promised update call on thursday ) - and the buyers are waiting for papers from their embassy! they need that for the mortgage to prove they are residents?! apparently they had some sent already but not the right ones ... so more waiting. according to EA another 7-10 days [sigh]

Hi guys, despite already reducing our price by 20%, our developers have just withdrawn their offer because we wouldn't agree to yet another unreasonable demand. Lets hope the other things I have up my sleeve come off.

Sort of feel relieved as they wanted our souls... but scared in case we never sell and get trapped in this country.
ohhhhh i do believe it was meant to happen!!!
because we'll do much better really really soon
i've got faith in you and your cunning plans

Originally Posted by Icarus
Aye it sure be one of them there sort ... 10am tomorrow .
woheyyyyy fingers crossed and everything!!!
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes

[He would normally leave it to me but he has had enough too and doesn't mince his words

LOL, I wish i could have heard.

Who's had a bad day then?

PMSL, some people have sensitivity of a brick don't they?

Shame but also good aswell. Now get rid of that tosser EA

LOL, just biding my time...

I was just saying to OH that it is like one big rollercoaster. One minute happyish and then the next totally deflated. I was even questioning whether our house was as nice as we thought it was.

It is hun, it's just this crap market. Your house is lovely. The trouble is, the EAs are still valuing high and all the houses around are still up for higher amounts, so it makes you wonder why your house has to be reduced....

Nic, I think I can hear your brain ticking away with ideas. Do you wake up sometimes thinking about what to do next, I do.

Oh yes! I was up at 6am this morning thinking over things...

Have a good Bank Holiday weekend guys, lets hope the sun shines and brings out lots of viewers. Going to try and send everyone some k's
Thanks for the Ks - have a good weekend - do you have anything planned?

Originally Posted by mOZzy
i can't keep any secrets from you, eh?!
yep it finally happened :

Great News!!!

BUT the house selling business is much more stressful!!! :still no surveyor after 2.5 weeks; called the EA yet again (they didn't give us the promised update call on thursday ) - and the buyers are waiting for papers from their embassy! they need that for the mortgage to prove they are residents?! apparently they had some sent already but not the right ones ... so more waiting. according to EA another 7-10 days [sigh]

Fingers crossed they come through soon - at least you know what the problem is - even if the EA is a prat.. but you knew that already!

ohhhhh i do believe it was meant to happen!!!
because we'll do much better really really soon
i've got faith in you and your cunning plans

woheyyyyy fingers crossed and everything!!!
Lets hope they come to fruition....
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:21 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the good wishes guys , cheers
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:22 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6299503]Thanks for the Ks - have a good weekend - do you have anything planned?

Cleaning a bit tomorrow, just in case, while OH does garden then Sunday off to Havant, Hampshire to see an Auntie that has just come back off a cruise, lucky thing. Monday ??? no plans yet. What about you?

Paul just let rip again at them as we are not even on their website yet:curse: They are going to regret taking us on
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:26 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Ic - Good luck with the viewing tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you.

Mozzy - CONGRATS on the visa. Hopefully you'll sort out the house business soon enough and you'll be on your way.

FA - Bad news about the developer pulling out - but is it really. Hopefully you'll pull off something even better and then you can go and give the two finger salute to your EA.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Hayles. Sorry it's belated.

If anyone else has got some news, well done. Sorry if I missed anyone but it's hard to keep up with you lot.
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=nickywes;6299539]
Thanks for the Ks - have a good weekend - do you have anything planned?

Cleaning a bit tomorrow, just in case, while OH does garden then Sunday off to Havant, Hampshire to see an Auntie that has just come back off a cruise, lucky thing. Monday ??? no plans yet. What about you?

Paul just let rip again at them as we are not even on their website yet:curse: They are going to regret taking us on
The thing is, they will get paid a fortune by people like us - they have to offer the service. I wish I could have seen the EAs face.

We don't have firm plans - might go down to West wales if the weather is OK and if DD is better - she was off school with a cold today.

Have a good time visiting. A change is as good as a rest - you need to get away for a bit.
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:34 am

Just found this on Houseladder website - sounds good

The UK property market is not likely to crash and prices should pick up towards the end of the year.

Assetz believes that talk of a major property price crash is unfounded and said that prices are merely levelling out following years of rapid growth.

The firm admitted that headline rates of growth are slowing but pointed out that further reading into price movements paints a different picture.

"Three monthly average house prices paint a much clearer picture of market performance and reveal that average annual price growth has now flat-lined at around zero per cent, with no significant decline having taken place," commented Stuart Law, chief executive of Assetz.

"As I have been stating for some time now, the housing market is very unlikely to crash. The fundamental economics of supply and demand support this," he added.

Mr Law also forecast that house price growth would reach five per cent by the end of 2008.
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:36 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this on Houseladder website - sounds good

The UK property market is not likely to crash and prices should pick up towards the end of the year.

Assetz believes that talk of a major property price crash is unfounded and said that prices are merely levelling out following years of rapid growth.

The firm admitted that headline rates of growth are slowing but pointed out that further reading into price movements paints a different picture.

"Three monthly average house prices paint a much clearer picture of market performance and reveal that average annual price growth has now flat-lined at around zero per cent, with no significant decline having taken place," commented Stuart Law, chief executive of Assetz.

"As I have been stating for some time now, the housing market is very unlikely to crash. The fundamental economics of supply and demand support this," he added.

Mr Law also forecast that house price growth would reach five per cent by the end of 2008.

well hope so , i think it will steady ... its gonna be a tough year
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:37 am

well hope so , i think it will steady ... its gonna be a tough year
Don't we know it
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:41 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Don't we know it
i've noticed things , little things .

i get most of my clothes online , various places .... & i used to get money off emails , or free postage maybe once a month but at the min , it 3/4 times a week .. all of them ,

even they are not getting the trade they once was .

several today offering B/H -10% & those will be emailing again next week garenteed
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone

Can I join in? our house is going on the market on Tuesday! , after spending the last few months getting everything sorted out. We're starting to stress out already what with all the scare stories in the press but looking on the bright side people still need somewhere to live so please cross your fingers (and toes!) for us.

Oh and could someone tell me how you manage to keep your houses in viewing condition when you have kids/dogs/husbands?

Lindsay x
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:52 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Hi everyone

Can I join in? our house is going on the market on Tuesday! , after spending the last few months getting everything sorted out. We're starting to stress out already what with all the scare stories in the press but looking on the bright side people still need somewhere to live so please cross your fingers (and toes!) for us.

Oh and could someone tell me how you manage to keep your houses in viewing condition when you have kids/dogs/husbands?

Lindsay x
Greetings & good luck

its hard to keep them nice , i mean spotless . dogs can be a problem , if they are in the house ??

just keep it tidy so its less of a job when ppl come
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:56 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Hi everyone

Lindsay x
Congrats with the baby , hope all is good
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats with the baby , hope all is good
Thanks, alls well apart from the fact that shes just started screaming so will be back after a feed!

Lindsay x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.