Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 25th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That's interesting - yes our house is about 100 years old. Will have to look into it.

Yes, I was quite smug. Sometimes he is useful - emotionally useless but good with sh!t.

Th woman came round because our Ea had left a message on her phone asking about their chain. When she tried to call back, they didn't answer...:curse: Anyway, she told me that they had fallen in love with the house - which bodes well - they hopefully will up their offer. We are playing it cool. I told her that we had 18 months to sell, so were only considering the offer as it might be useful for us to sell early. (Which is true)

How are your offers going? Are the FTBs proceeding? Do they know you are still having viewings?
thats sounds really positive N. hopefully she wasnt put off with the shitty marigolds

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Quiet on here today.

Had a nightmare of a weekend.

While getting ready for our nan's 90th birthday do our electrics blew a main fuse half way through me ironing my dress and OH shower. Thought it was a powercut until we came home and still no electric Lucky for us BIL was down from up north and is a sparky so got it fixed, but wasn't lucky for 2 freezers full of food:curse:

So mad rush to get the house clean and hoovered for our viewers and the buggers didn't turn up:curse: And EA is closed for the weekend:curse: no wonder they're not selling anything there never open!

How's everyone else doing?
oh no what a nightmare - I hope the party went well regardless,bugger them viewers not showing, its just not fair.:curse:

Oh no Tina - it never rains but it pours eh?? I bet your EA is shut tomorrow as well - ours is! Lazy buggers.:curse:

If it makes you feel better, we have a blocked drain which OH had to spend digging out yesterday. EUGH! Hasn't worked, so we have to get dyno-rod or someone in... Just as OH was digging it out, the woman who made the offer came round too!

Hope it gets better for you tomorrow. I have just had to laugh as so much has gone wrong for us in the last 2 weeks, it's getting silly.
ewwwwwww rather him than me - I remember our drains blocking on our wedding morning, Dh was explaining all the shit to me (literally) in the middle of the service
Old May 25th 2008, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
thats sounds really positive N. hopefully she wasnt put off with the shitty marigolds

I hope she didn't see him - or smell him!!!

oh no what a nightmare - I hope the party went well regardless,bugger them viewers not showing, its just not fair.:curse:

I know - some people are so rude.:curse:

ewwwwwww rather him than me - I remember our drains blocking on our wedding morning, Dh was explaining all the shit to me (literally) in the middle of the service
PMSL, how romantic.

Hope you're OK Hayles - when are you going to Ireland?
Old May 25th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Im great thanks honey - apart from being stuck in this hell hole:curse: - off to ireland in about 11 days - 5th june to the 17th june.
Old May 25th 2008, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Im great thanks honey - apart from being stuck in this hell hole:curse: - off to ireland in about 11 days - 5th june to the 17th june.
LOL, you're counting the days down. Doesn't sound like it will be much fun when you ar over there either. Never mind, you'l be away from them all soon.

We're off to Brum to see the MIL tomorrow. A year since FIL died. Fun filled outing then.

My good news is that I've just sold another £96 of stuff on Ebay and listed another 15 items. I have so much crap, I could keep selling for years.... Sent a van load of stuff off for auction last week too, (this is the 2nd van load!) house is looking a little bare now but I still have the loft and shed to sort
Old May 25th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeez what a nightmare - good its selling though and every penny counts at the mo doesnt it. I putting the last few bits on - I hate it though seems more hassle than its worth half the time.

Was reading a thread about someone going in 5 weeks and how much she has to do and the stress etc - I dont have any of that - and thats paniking me. We are literally packed - have been for months now. Only thing to do is sell the car which already has a buyer
Old May 25th 2008, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jeez what a nightmare - good its selling though and every penny counts at the mo doesnt it. I putting the last few bits on - I hate it though seems more hassle than its worth half the time.

Was reading a thread about someone going in 5 weeks and how much she has to do and the stress etc - I dont have any of that - and thats paniking me. We are literally packed - have been for months now. Only thing to do is sell the car which already has a buyer
Sorry hun, went to bed after my last post.

I know, Ebay is chore, there are so many awkward people out there! It has to be done though, can't throw good money down the drain. If we accept these people's offer, we will be out of here by the end of July - so need to do this stuff quickly...

I read that thread too - but remember you had all the time waiting to exchange to get organised. You have no need to panic - you are organised! I don't panic so long as I am in control of the situation. Just go to Ireland and enjoy yourself, ().

I'm off to Brum today to the MILs - at least it is horrible weather, so even though we had to cancel our weekend away, it is a blessing.
Old May 25th 2008, 9:05 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

I'm off to Brum today to the MILs - at least it is horrible weather, so even though we had to cancel our weekend away, it is a blessing.
Morning Nic,

If you are coming up here its really windy, not raining at the moment but doesn't look good, supposed to be going to the local point to point, fat chance of that, theres no way I going to stand in a bloody field and watch horses running round in this weather.

Have a good journey
Old May 25th 2008, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Laights
Morning Nic,

If you are coming up here its really windy, not raining at the moment but doesn't look good, supposed to be going to the local point to point, fat chance of that, theres no way I going to stand in a bloody field and watch horses running round in this weather.

Have a good journey
Thanks for that. I will wear something warm and bring a waterproof then! OH has just got up - so don't know what time we'll be heading out. (I didn't wake him up, just to delay things a bit. Slap wrists.)

Don't blame you for staying put. Standing in a field in the cold isn't my idea of fun. At least the riders have the horse to keep them warm!
Old May 25th 2008, 9:29 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

(I didn't wake him up, just to delay things a bit. Slap wrists.)

:

Naughty girl
Old May 25th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

That's interesting - yes our house is about 100 years old. Will have to look into it.

Yes, I was quite smug. Sometimes he is useful - emotionally useless but good with sh!t.

Th woman came round because our Ea had left a message on her phone asking about their chain. When she tried to call back, they didn't answer...:curse: Anyway, she told me that they had fallen in love with the house - which bodes well - they hopefully will up their offer. We are playing it cool. I told her that we had 18 months to sell, so were only considering the offer as it might be useful for us to sell early. (Which is true)

How are your offers going? Are the FTBs proceeding? Do they know you are still having viewings?

FTB has had the money for his survey taken from his account (or so he says) so hope to hear about a survey this week. He knows we will keep it on the market til the survey is done, but I will keep it on with the other agents to contract have exchanged

Still got it in my head that this is gunna fall through hope I'm wrong butnot counting my chickens til his signed on the dotted line.

Hope your lady does up her offer she has shown her hand by coming out her way to come and see you (IMO).
Old May 26th 2008, 12:15 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Afternoon all

Really grotty weather here today, pouring down and windy. Was going to start on the loft today but really can't be bothered. I would just like some viewers to clean up for

I am really bored as OH is fast asleep on the sofa. He has only been up a few hours and it does worry me sometimes how tired he gets. Think he could just be recovering from all his treatment but you never know do you? He has his first check up next Monday so will have to mention it.

I have so many things I could be doing but don't want to. I am going to wait till DD moves out in a month so that I can have 2 spare bedrooms going to sell stuff on ebay (stuff to do and stuff that is done).

Has anybody had any viewers this weekend? Apart from Tina's no show:curse: How bloody rude:curse:
Old May 26th 2008, 4:35 am
Permanent Resident

Hey its DTP's birthday today, what a way to spend your birthday.

Happy Birthday Dan
Old May 26th 2008, 4:45 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

OOOoooohhhhh HAPPY BIRTHDAY DTP!!!!
Beth x x
Old May 26th 2008, 4:48 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Laights
Hey its DTP's birthday today, what a way to spend your birthday.

Happy Birthday Dan
Happy birthday DTP if you are reading this, doubt it though.

Wonder if he met up with my DD in Singapore airport, forgot to ask her. They are in Perth now as she rang earlier and was in Fremantle, lucky thing

Just off out now for a currybe back later
Old May 26th 2008, 4:54 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

hope DTP had a good day , happy birthday dude .

Good luck to all , have a fab week & i'll check in on friday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.