Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 23rd 2008, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by mOZzy
29 pages?!?!?!?!?!
nice chatting

we are still on holiday here in austria - and finally the weather is improving!!!!

so what have i missed???
offers? sales? exchanges? rude viewers?

apparently we'll have a surveyor coming around on wednesday - the day after we come back :
should i tidy up?!? i've left a bombsite behind :
Hi Mozzy - hope you're having a good holiday - can't believe you're logging on while you're away.

I have 2 offers on my house!!! Trying to beat them up at the moment.

Tina had a no show.

Sam is being messed around by her buyer.

Fingers crossed for the survey. Let us know how it goes and don't bother tidying up - it will make hime get out quickly.

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Well......it's been fun and games here again last night
Massive gang of teenagers drinking in the street........throwing glass bottles on the road, screaming etc etc.
Andrew and a neighbour had to go out to tell them to p*ss off.........but there so too many of them. Had to phone the police (again)!!!!
Totally had enough now..........Oz surely can't be worse than this!!!
Beth x x
Morning Beth - what a nightmare. I thought you lived in a quiet place.

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi Beth

So far the only things we have seen sceaming in the streets are the bl**dy birds, they are really noisy, inconsiderate as well at 6 in the morning:

Tracy
PMSL - they are noisy aren't they, no gentle tweeting over there. (Although we have a wood pigeon here who sits on our bedroom window cill and coos at us at 6am. GRRRRR

Hi Beth

Ooops forgot to mention we have been to some open houses today, to see what is available, where and what price, 3 out of the 4 we went to have all been reduced in price and one had been for sale 6 months, sounds silimiar to home which was encouraging and gave us hope that we will be able to do a deal here, when the time comes:: One of the questions asked was "how much would you be prepared to pay" and we reduced the asking price on all and the EA didn't squirm as much as we thought he would.
That sounds like good news for us - I hope this trend spreads to Adelaide too. Hopefully what you lose in the UK you gain in Aus.

I've just come in from DD's drama exam - it was just our luck that it was first thing this morning. She did well though and we hoped she passed. (I have one of those children - you know, music, acting etc. Goodness knows where she got it from.) So I couldn't go out or drink much last night as I had to be up at 7.30am. BOOO!!

Got lots of grotty jobs to do today. We were going to go to Saundersfoot but MIL wants us to go to BRUM again...

Good luck to everyone selling.
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:10 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,

Well received my St Joe today, so will be burying it later, funny thing is though they sent me 2 and I only ordered 1, Oh thinks I am totally off my trolley, but I don't care if we sell the house that would wipe the smile of his face.

Hope everyone is lucky this weekend

Lisa
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laights
Hi everyone,

Well received my St Joe today, so will be burying it later, funny thing is though they sent me 2 and I only ordered 1, Oh thinks I am totally off my trolley, but I don't care if we sell the house that would wipe the smile of his face.

Lisa
I haven't even told mine about the St Joe - he would think I was mad.

Hope you are twice as lucky with two!!

I need to rant again. Bloomin rental agent STILL hasn't got our flat online. No wonder we have no tenants yet.:curse: they promised to have it online Thursday then Friday then today and now tomorrow.

Also, our drain is blocked! Yesterday Dd had a shower and the water was very slow to drain away, so we had a look down the manhole today and there is all this gunge. OH has gone to get some big thick gloves and is going to try digging it out. I hope he can - otherwise it's an expensive job. Why does this have to happen now???:curse:
Old May 24th 2008, 1:08 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
WOW! Do you want to come an organise me too?? Definately better than stressing about the house. Let me know what you think about shippers. We are currently decluttering and getting rid of a lot of stuff - hopefully we won't have too much to ship. Are you shipping everything?

Just left a message for my EA - sorry i missed your call.

At least BB will take our minds off houses etc.. might even get us off BE......................... NAH! Impossible.
Afternoon - Don't know how much we will ship yet. Won't take all the furniture as some of it is going to my niece (dining table etc). Will take the nice stuff and a couple of the beds as they are not that old. Will take all personal stuff. Don't know about crockery and the like yet, will see how much the quotes come in at. Need to declutter more aswell but just can't be bothered.

Shame you missed the EA's call, gives them a taste of their own medicine.

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Well......it's been fun and games here again last night
Massive gang of teenagers drinking in the street........throwing glass bottles on the road, screaming etc etc.
Andrew and a neighbour had to go out to tell them to p*ss off.........but there so too many of them. Had to phone the police (again)!!!!
Totally had enough now..........Oz surely can't be worse than this!!!
Beth x x
Sounds good there Beth. Trouble is you have to be careful now about confronting the yobs in case they have knives and stuff, who know what they would do to you.

Hi Beth

So far the only things we have seen sceaming in the streets are the bl**dy birds, they are really noisy, inconsiderate as well at 6 in the morning

Tracy
Poor old you, must be awful By 6 you should be up anyway going off for your morning jog

Originally Posted by Laights
Hi everyone,

Lisa
That must be a good sign getting two. Bury them both and get a bidding war going

I haven't even told mine about the St Joe - he would think I was mad.

Hope you are twice as lucky with two!!

I need to rant again. Bloomin rental agent STILL hasn't got our flat online. No wonder we have no tenants yet. they promised to have it online Thursday then Friday then today and now tomorrow.

Also, our drain is blocked! Yesterday Dd had a shower and the water was very slow to drain away, so we had a look down the manhole today and there is all this gunge. OH has gone to get some big thick gloves and is going to try digging it out. I hope he can - otherwise it's an expensive job. Why does this have to happen now???:curse:
We have just had notification that the gas board will be digging up the whole street for the next 5 weeks and could be outside our drive at any time. Just bloody great

Have been busy digging up weeds from the driveway this morning, my favourite job gardening
Old May 24th 2008, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Nicky,

Originally Posted by nickywes
Afternoon - Don't know how much we will ship yet. Won't take all the furniture as some of it is going to my niece (dining table etc). Will take the nice stuff and a couple of the beds as they are not that old. Will take all personal stuff. Don't know about crockery and the like yet, will see how much the quotes come in at. Need to declutter more aswell but just can't be bothered.

LOL, that's how I feel. Haven't even started on the shed or the loft yet.... both full. Although we have sold some bits of furniture. We will take the sofas as they are new and a dining table and maybe our bed as it was expensive - but they are all huge things. All our personal stuff and the good kitchen stuff. I have tonnes of old stuff I've had for years and was given to me when I was a student etc, which can go to the Salvation Army. PLUS all DDs toys - probably half a container worth on their own!

LOL, I know. Just called them back now and asked for more info on the people who've offered position. Said we can't make a decision until we know the whole picture - which is true.

Sounds good there Beth. Trouble is you have to be careful now about confronting the yobs in case they have knives and stuff, who know what they would do to you.

Very true!

We have just had notification that the gas board will be digging up the whole street for the next 5 weeks and could be outside our drive at any time. Just bloody great:

Oh no - we've had the Water board digging up our road for the last 6 months. It's a nightmare. But I can honestly say that I don't think it's affected the house sale as you can't hear anything inside the house. It does make the road seem busier as there are temporary lights which cause traffic jams.:curse:

Have been busy digging up weeds from the driveway this morning, my favourite job gardening:
Now that's what I pay my gardener for! OH is currently shovelling sh!t from the drain. Got to love him really. Emotionally he's useless, but he will do the nasty jobs.

Well, my rental is FINALLY on line but now the ad is incorrect. We have it on as furnished or not furnished at different prices but they have forgotten to put that on. I have just queried it and have been told that the price the first person gave me for furnished was too high... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH they are useless.:curse:
Old May 24th 2008, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Poor old you, must be awful By 6 you should be up anyway going off for your morning jog

That must be a good sign getting two. Bury them both and get a bidding war going

We have just had notification that the gas board will be digging up the whole street for the next 5 weeks and could be outside our drive at any time. Just bloody great

Have been busy digging up weeds from the driveway this morning, my favourite job gardening

Morning Jog, I do the school run in my PJ's I'm such a lazy moo Just got in after a great night out, night night, catch up with you all later.
Old May 24th 2008, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning Jog, I do the school run in my PJ's I'm such a lazy moo Just got in after a great night out, night night, catch up with you all later.
Hope the hangover isn't too bad Tracy!!

well, just as OH was shovelling sh!t from the drain, there was a ring at the door - it was the woman who made the offer!! (I hope she couldn't see round the side to the shovelling operation.)

Anyhow, she was concerned that the EA had left messages for her and they couldn't get an answer at the EAs (:curse: useless twonks that the EAs are). She came to tell me about their chain - which is what we had asked. I feel really bad as she is really nice and loves the house... but we have to take the best offer. She said they understood we had to think about it - so hopefully that buys us a bit of time.
Old May 24th 2008, 6:18 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

It is really great to hear how you are settling in. Nights out, lunch by water etc. Oh so jealous me

Hope the hangover isn't too bad Tracy!!

well, just as OH was shovelling sh!t from the drain, there was a ring at the door - it was the woman who made the offer!! (I hope she couldn't see round the side to the shovelling operation.)

Anyhow, she was concerned that the EA had left messages for her and they couldn't get an answer at the EAs (:curse: useless twonks that the EAs are). She came to tell me about their chain - which is what we had asked. I feel really bad as she is really nice and loves the house... but we have to take the best offer. She said they understood we had to think about it - so hopefully that buys us a bit of time.
She must be keen to come round to see you, could be that she will up the offer, you never know

My DD has her boyfriend back from Germany for the week and he has bought with him an Ozzie bloke (early 40's) who has exchanged to the UK army for a few months. Anyway have been interrogating him, in a nice way, about all sorts of things. He was very helpful. I asked him what bank would he recommend and he said Commonwealth. Anyone else heard they are good?

Mind you he did tell us of a couple of places to live around Brisbane that he thought were really the nuts so I googled one of them and from one of the reviews of the place, it appeared to be the crime city of all time

He originates from Melbourne and is shortly going back there for a while. If there are any questions you want asked I will see what he says.
Old May 24th 2008, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It is really great to hear how you are settling in. Nights out, lunch by water etc. Oh so jealous me

No, none of us are jealous at all!

She must be keen to come round to see you, could be that she will up the offer, you never know

Let's hope so. I would rather sell to someone who loves the house as they won't want to pull out.

My DD has her boyfriend back from Germany for the week and he has bought with him an Ozzie bloke (early 40's) who has exchanged to the UK army for a few months. Anyway have been interrogating him, in a nice way, about all sorts of things. He was very helpful. I asked him what bank would he recommend and he said Commonwealth. Anyone else heard they are good?

Mind you he did tell us of a couple of places to live around Brisbane that he thought were really the nuts so I googled one of them and from one of the reviews of the place, it appeared to be the crime city of all time

He originates from Melbourne and is shortly going back there for a while. If there are any questions you want asked I will see what he says.
Is he staying with you? If so, I'm sure you'll be in for some boozy evenings!! I wonder if he is a the most clued up on Brisbane if he's from Mellie??? As we are off to Adelaide, I don't think he would know much about there - but thanks for the offer of his services.

Have a good time!
Old May 24th 2008, 7:40 am

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6389691]Is he staying with you?

No but I wish he was, good bit of eye candy

If so, I'm sure you'll be in for some boozy evenings!! I wonder if he is a the most clued up on Brisbane if he's from Mellie??? As we are off to Adelaide, I don't think he would know much about there - but thanks for the offer of his services.

He has been living in Brisbane for a fair few years but his kids and ex wife! are in Melbourne

I am trying to rack my brains for things that I want to know and can't think of anything.
Old May 24th 2008, 7:05 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all, yes yet another day of packing and sorting to do....but you don't hear me complaining about that......I hope this stage will come for all of you real soon

Wow FA, things are really going good aren't they, I hope one of the 2 will be able to exchange! Any news from your cash buyer? Oh and if that nice lady saw your OH's excavation excursion you can always tell her he was furtilizing the garden and as he is a very keen

gardener he only uses natural products

To all of you St Joe fans, I hope he works his (double ) magic for you.

Good luck,

Miranda xx
Old May 24th 2008, 8:21 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hey peeps

Just got back from Portugal, what have I missed? Hope there is some good news.

Joexx
Old May 24th 2008, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No but I wish he was, good bit of eye candy:

PMSL, does your OH know this??

He has been living in Brisbane for a fair few years but his kids and ex wife! are in Melbourne

I am trying to rack my brains for things that I want to know and can't think of anything.
Sounds like Beth could get some info there. It's good that you're headed to where he's lived. I'm sure things will pop into your head to ask him. We're lucky as my family live out there and I email my stupid questions to them. Will he be back in Brisbane soon? Would you be able to meet up there - a ready made friend!

Originally Posted by tum
Morning all, yes yet another day of packing and sorting to do....but you don't hear me complaining about that......I hope this stage will come for all of you real soon

Wow FA, things are really going good aren't they, I hope one of the 2 will be able to exchange! Any news from your cash buyer? Oh and if that nice lady saw your OH's excavation excursion you can always tell her he was furtilizing the garden and as he is a very keen

gardener he only uses natural products

To all of you St Joe fans, I hope he works his (double ) magic for you
Good luck,

Miranda xx
Morning M, hope you have a productive day. I can't wait to get to that stage. I'm glad that it is bearable. Good idea re the fertiliser. For some reason it didn't really smell, thankfully. We've also remembered that we have one of those maintenance insurance policies which might cover it as my OH can't find a blockage, he's just cleared as far as he can. Why does it always happen like this....

Fingers crossed your packing is done soon and you can relax for your last few days. It's pouring down here - hope it's better with you.

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Hey peeps

Joexx
Hiya Joe - did you have a good time? Hope it was good weather for you - give you a taste of Oz.

I've got 2 offers on my house... both low... trying to beat them up.

Tina has an offer on her house.

Sam is having trouble with her buyer delaying the sale.

Dinky2 completed.

Jennigee moved into a new rental and is currently surrounded by boxes.

Nicky sacked her new EA on the first day and got a new one. Has decided to rent house out after October if it doesn't sell.

DTP has gone on hols to Perth and Wardy2 has had to go and validate as her buyer is so slow.

Everyone else is still suffering the usual grind - unless I have forgotten someone???? Sorry if I have.
Old May 24th 2008, 9:30 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Had good holiday thanks, weather wasnt very good though and could have done with another week Now got a mountain of washing to tackle

Hope they up their offers.

Joexx
Old May 24th 2008, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by tum

Wow FA, things are really going good aren't they, I hope one of the 2 will be able to exchange! Any news from your cash buyer? Oh and if that nice lady saw your OH's excavation excursion http://bestsmileys.com/toliot/7.gif you can always tell her he was furtilizing the garden and as he is a very keen

gardener he only uses natural products http://bestsmileys.com/farmer/1.gif

To all of you St Joe fans, I hope he works his (double ) magic for you.http://bestsmileys.com/angles/10.gif

Good luck,

Miranda xx
Morning M, sounds like you are getting on well with the packing. I wouldn't mind the sorting if dates were planned but when it is all pie in the sky - just can't be arsed

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Hey peeps

Joexx
Hi Joe - How was Portugal? I love it there. FA forgot to tell you about the madness with the St. Joe's

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6390984]Sounds like Beth could get some info there. It's good that you're headed to where he's lived. I'm sure things will pop into your head to ask him. We're lucky as my family live out there and I email my stupid questions to them. Will he be back in Brisbane soon? Would you be able to meet up there - a ready made friend!

He has offered to introduce us to his friends who are in the same age range as us but would rather not have the ready made one's. Would much prefer to go to meets and sports clubs etc. then you can decide who you would get on with and won't feel obligated to stay in touch with people that you don't like You can't get on with everyone, can you?

Oh what a glorious morning, absolutely p***ing it down here and has been all morning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.