Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 26th 2008, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Happy Birthday DTP!!

Anyone got any news? Not been on much recently as at the MIL's and she likes to nosey what I'm looking at over my shoulder Getting excited now, three weeks today we leave the country
Old May 26th 2008, 6:33 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dinky2
Happy Birthday DTP!!

Anyone got any news? Not been on much recently as at the MIL's and she likes to nosey what I'm looking at over my shoulder Getting excited now, three weeks today we leave the country
No news here

Bet you are a bit nervous too. I can't imagine the day when I say, have only got 3 weeks to go. My MIL is an old rat OH thinks so too
Old May 26th 2008, 6:34 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Icarus
hope DTP had a good day , happy birthday dude .

Good luck to all , have a fab week & i'll check in on friday

Have a good time in Scotland Ic
Old May 26th 2008, 6:38 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Have a good time in Scotland Ic
Thankyou
Old May 26th 2008, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

No news here

Bet you are a bit nervous too. I can't imagine the day when I say, have only got 3 weeks to go. My MIL is an old rat OH thinks so too
Sorry to hear that, will keep fingers crossed for you! My MIL has been at work today so enjoying the peace Not really nervous yet but I think it's because we are having a 3 week hol on the way. Not looking forward to the goodbyes though
Old May 26th 2008, 7:28 am

Sorry to hear that, will keep fingers crossed for you! My MIL has been at work today so enjoying the peace Not really nervous yet but I think it's because we are having a 3 week hol on the way. Not looking forward to the goodbyes though
Where are you stopping on the way? We have been thinking of doing that too

What a challenge and opportunity it is for everyone, whether we love it or not.
Old May 26th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Where are you stopping on the way? We have been thinking of doing that too

What a challenge and opportunity it is for everyone, whether we love it or not.
We are flying into Phoenix, Arizona then taking a road trip to LA, stopping at a few national parks and Las Vegas on the way. Can't wait now

I know it may be tough when we first get to Oz as neither of us has jobs yet but we are looking at it as an adventure. Fortunately, most of our family can't wait to visit us and probaly never would have travelled that far without us doing this. I'm sure it will be great for our nephews when they get older too, wish I'd had an Aunt and Uncle in Oz!
Old May 26th 2008, 7:49 am

We are flying into Phoenix, Arizona then taking a road trip to LA, stopping at a few national parks and Las Vegas on the way. Can't wait now

I know it may be tough when we first get to Oz as neither of us has jobs yet but we are looking at it as an adventure. Fortunately, most of our family can't wait to visit us and probaly never would have travelled that far without us doing this. I'm sure it will be great for our nephews when they get older too, wish I'd had an Aunt and Uncle in Oz!
Wow that will be a fantastic adventrue doing the road trip. Vegas is my favourite place, got married there too, fantastic

We haven't got jobs lined up and will think about that once we are there. My mum will visit and probably OH brother and my sister but not much more family around. As long as my immediate lot are there that is what matters to me. I can't wait now and the waiting is getting worse We will get there though sometime

Hope you have a great time.
Old May 26th 2008, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Wow that will be a fantastic adventrue doing the road trip. Vegas is my favourite place, got married there too, fantastic

We haven't got jobs lined up and will think about that once we are there. My mum will visit and probably OH brother and my sister but not much more family around. As long as my immediate lot are there that is what matters to me. I can't wait now and the waiting is getting worse We will get there though sometime

Hope you have a great time.
Thanks
Ah, another Vegas fan, this will be our 5th visit! Wish we'd got married there too, I bet that was fantastic
Really hope you sell soon,

C
xx
Old May 26th 2008, 6:01 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not looking forward to the goodbyes either, but on the other hand I do, because it says that we will be on our way shortly! For me, I've already said what I wanted to say to the people I care about, so I hope I won't be to choked up when we finally say our goodbyes. Anyway, we will be staying with my mum from June 3rd till we leave on June 11th. A taxi will pick us up at 6.00 (morning) on that day to take us to the airport. I couldn't stand saying goodbyes having to check in, go through customs, looking over your shoulder to catch a last glimpse IEKS. Good luck with your last 3 weeks Dinky and have fun!

Scott, have fun in Scotland! Mmmhh, youtube and Scotland

FA, and...is your house more than 100 years old?

DTP, congratulations
Old May 26th 2008, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

I was out all day yesterday, so catching up.

Originally Posted by steveandtina
FTB has had the money for his survey taken from his account (or so he says) so hope to hear about a survey this week. He knows we will keep it on the market til the survey is done, but I will keep it on with the other agents to contract have exchanged:

Good idea! They sound good but you never know what might happen. Fingers crossed that the survey is done quickly.

Still got it in my head that this is gunna fall through hope I'm wrong butnot counting my chickens til his signed on the dotted line.

We all feel like that because of what we have been through we have seen what other people have gone through on BE. It's wise not to rely on it too much....

Hope your lady does up her offer she has shown her hand by coming out her way to come and see you (IMO).
Yes, I think that too. Will get the EA to work on her. I hope she will go up another £20k. If she does, we will accept and say we can't take any reductions as it is such a low price.

Afternoon all

I am really bored as OH is fast asleep on the sofa. He has only been up a few hours and it does worry me sometimes how tired he gets. Think he could just be recovering from all his treatment but you never know do you? He has his first check up next Monday so will have to mention it.

Good idea to mention it - hopefully it's just recovery. Must be hard trying to get him motivated to do things too. Fingers crossed for him to feel better soon.

I have so many things I could be doing but don't want to. I am going to wait till DD moves out in a month so that I can have 2 spare bedrooms going to sell stuff on ebay (stuff to do and stuff that is done).

So you're going to join me in Ebay hell. It's a pain but I've made £400 in the last 3 weeks and still have loads to sell.

Has anybody had any viewers this weekend? Apart from Tina's no show:: How bloody rude:
No viewers - EA was SHUT!:curse:

Happy birthday DTP if you are reading this, doubt it though.:

Wonder if he met up with my DD in Singapore airport, forgot to ask her. They are in Perth now as she rang earlier and was in Fremantle, lucky thing

I'm very jealous. Freo is lovely - wonder if she'll bump into PP there?

Just off out now for a curry:be back later
Hope you enjoyed your curry.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DTP

Sorry I missed it yesterday. Hope you had a great time.

Originally Posted by Icarus
hope DTP had a good day , happy birthday dude .

Good luck to all , have a fab week & i'll check in on friday
Have a great time in Scotland Ic. Hope you have some good news when you get back.

I couldn't live with my MIL. EEEEK You are a brave woman! 3 weeks - not long to go. As Tum said, say your goodbyes early and say everything you need to say then have a quick hug and say you will see them soon on the day.

Your trip sounds fab - so pretend you are just going on holiday.

Originally Posted by tum
I'm not looking forward to the goodbyes either, but on the other hand I do, because it says that we will be on our way shortly! For me, I've already said what I wanted to say to the people I care about, so I hope I won't be to choked up when we finally say our goodbyes. Anyway, we will be staying with my mum from June 3rd till we leave on June 11th. A taxi will pick us up at 6.00 (morning) on that day to take us to the airport. I couldn't stand saying goodbyes having to check in, go through customs, looking over your shoulder to catch a last glimpse IEKS. Good luck with your last 3 weeks Dinky and have fun!

DTP, congratulations ::

Morning Miranda - will phone the drains people today - it was a public holiday yesterday and not much point phoning them. The house was built in 1912 so almost 100 years old.

Only 2 weeks until you go!! Can you get online at your Mums? Otherwise we will all have to say goodbye in a few days. Have you got everything done that you need to?

Well I had a boring day at the MILs yesterday. she piled a load of her rubbish on us. She is so inconsiderate. She is trying to sort her house out - which has been a tip for 50 years and won't throw anything away so she gives it to us, so we have to sort through it and throw it away - as if we haven't got enough of our own stuff to sort. We had FOUR HUNDRED video tapes a few months ago from her.:curse: She won't take anything of ours that we are trying to rehome. (Even the really good stuff which she needs as her stuff is falling apart.)

Last edited by Fly Away; May 26th 2008 at 9:26 pm.
Old May 26th 2008, 8:08 pm

Thanks
Ah, another Vegas fan, this will be our 5th visit! Wish we'd got married there too, I bet that was fantastic
Really hope you sell soon,

C
xx
Vegas is just the best place to go. The wedding was just as we wanted it too. Got married in the Valley of Fire with just the Minister and Photographer, photos were amazing except that there were 230 photos of just me and OH with spectacular views We had a penthouse suite in the Mirage and business class flights (how much better can you get). Loved every minute of it.

Originally Posted by tum

Scott, have fun in Scotland! Mmmhh, youtube and Scotland

DTP, congratulations
I went to see DD2 off and it was awful, I just cried all the way home and we are going out with them at some point. It will be nice to stay with your mum for the last week and have some quality time together.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all,

Yes, I think that too. Will get the EA to work on her. I hope she will go up another £20k. If she does, we will accept and say we can't take any reductions as it is such a low price.

No viewers - EA was SHUT!:curse:

Hope you enjoyed your curry.

Have a great time in Scotland Ic. Hope you have some good news when you get back.

I couldn't live with my MIL. EEEEK You are a brave woman! 3 weeks - not long to go. As Tum said, say your goodbyes early and say everything you need to say then have a quick hug and say you will see them soon on the day.

Your trip sounds fab - so pretend you are just going on holiday.

Morning Miranda - will phone the drains people today - it was a public holiday yesterday and not much point phoning them. The house was built in 1912 so almost 100 years old.

Only 2 weeks until you go!! Can you get online at your Mums? Otherwise we will all have to say goodbye in a few days. Have you got everything done that you need to?

Well I had a boring day at the MILs yesterday. she piled a load of her rubbish on us. She is so inconsiderate. She is trying to sort her house out - which has been a tip for 50 years and won't throw anything away so she gives it to us, so we have to sort through it and throw it away - as if we haven't got enough of our own stuff to sort. We had FOUR HUNDRED video tapes a few months ago from her.:curse: She won't take anything of ours that we are trying to rehome. (Even the really good stuff which she needs as her stuff is falling apart.)
Morning N - A good time at MIL's then Can't you say no to all her stuff? As if you haven't got enough to do.

We took about 200 videos to the local dump the other day as it is virtually impossible to get rid of them now. People only want DVD's. I did buy one of those DVD/VHS combi recorders and have copied some of our VHS to discs and also all the camcorder one's of the kids as youngsters.

Good luck with your drains today
Old May 26th 2008, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Vegas is just the best place to go. The wedding was just as we wanted it too. Got married in the Valley of Fire with just the Minister and Photographer, photos were amazing except that there were 230 photos of just me and OH with spectacular views We had a penthouse suite in the Mirage and business class flights (how much better can you get). Loved every minute of it.

That sounds wonderful Nicky! No wonder you enjoyed every minute of it! Better than a quickie in st helens Registry office in March.

I went to see DD2 off and it was awful, I just cried all the way home and we are going out with them at some point. It will be nice to stay with your mum for the last week and have some quality time together.

Morning N - A good time at MIL's then Can't you say no to all her stuff? As if you haven't got enough to do.

Bloomin OH can't say no to her.:curse: I try to say no but he says 'Yes'. It's Ok for him - he doesn't have to sort it. She tried to give DD an old Frustration game - no lid, no pieces and covered in filth out of the shed. It was the only thing I manged to say no to. I said DD had a nice new one and threw it in the bin. No one in their right mind would want it. I do wonder about her mental health sometimes.

We took about 200 videos to the local dump the other day as it is virtually impossible to get rid of them now. People only want DVD's. I did buy one of those DVD/VHS combi recorders and have copied some of our VHS to discs and also all the camcorder one's of the kids as youngsters.

I know, we ended up driving 50 miles to a recycling centre and paying them to take them off us.:curse:

Good luck with your drains today:
Thanks, fingers crossed you get some viewers to tidy up for today! I hope I don't get any as my place is a tip!
Old May 26th 2008, 8:55 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all,

Only 2 weeks until you go!! Can you get online at your Mums? Otherwise we will all have to say goodbye in a few days.Have you got everything done that you need to?

Hi hun, we're almost done, boxes are packed, papers sorted out, only a couple of more things to do and the paperwork which hasn't been finished can be don in OZ also. Still waiting for our temporary health insurcance as over here as soon as you leave the country you're not insured anymore, no way to work around the red tape either by saying you're leaving let's say the 13th...THEY (who are they btw, I always wonder ) will find out hahaha, oh and yes, I can go online at mums place, so we'll talk later

Well I had a boring day at the MILs yesterday. she piled a load of her rubbish on us. She is so inconsiderate. She is trying to sort her house out - which has been a tip for 50 years and won't throw anything away so she gives it to us, so we have to sort through it and throw it away - as if we haven't got enough of our own stuff to sort. We had FOUR HUNDRED video tapes a few months ago from her. She won't take anything of ours that we are trying to rehome. (Even the really good stuff which she needs as her stuff is falling apart.) Oooh, you must be so glad you got 400 video (how ancient can it get) tapes, do you still have a VCR? But on the other hand, she's an old ? lady and won't change her ways so look at the horizon when talking to her (you know that point just above someone's eyes, so they think you are looking at them and smile and say yes and no once in a while!

Wow, that sounds like you've had a lovely wedding with all the works! Maybe an idea for renewing your vows? You can experience it all again

It's hard isn't it, you know DD2 will cope and is a strong girl and sensible (as much as they can at this age) because you've raised her and 'installed' your values at an early age. And yes it will be great staying at my mums, we live 2 streets apart and I always say that life would be 'top of the world' if I could take her along with me...but I can't...she's only 59 and will come out every year for a couple of weeks, so no long goodbyes, just 'see you next year'

Good luck with your drains today
OK back to balming (or is that the word for mummys ?) the leather couch with leather gard..YEEEEHHHH, well it's funnier than cleaning pigeon's crap anyway
Old May 26th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all

Just had a quick catch up, doesn't look like anyone's estate agents were hard at work over the bank holiday weekend?

Still no news for us here, sounds like our buyer has gone walkabout

Considering we were looking at exchange last week, I really don't know what to do now, sold the kids beds on Ebay last week, so they are on the floor, OH has sold his car, they pick it up at the weekend, I told everyone at work I was working my last shift but fortunately haven't actually given my notice in yet.

In a pickle, really, as we have been really gearing up for the big move, cleaning and sorting stuff, only to now realise we need some of the things we've got rid of or sold

So, as usual, it is not knowing what is going on that is driving me nuts, me and the OH bickered all weekend, weather didn't help much either! I'm glad he's back at work today

So, WHO HAS GOT GOOD NEWS????

Sam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.