Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 26th 2008, 9:27 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Morning all

Just had a quick catch up, doesn't look like anyone's estate agents were hard at work over the bank holiday weekend?

Still no news for us here, sounds like our buyer has gone walkabout

Considering we were looking at exchange last week, I really don't know what to do now, sold the kids beds on Ebay last week, so they are on the floor, OH has sold his car, they pick it up at the weekend, I told everyone at work I was working my last shift but fortunately haven't actually given my notice in yet.

In a pickle, really, as we have been really gearing up for the big move, cleaning and sorting stuff, only to now realise we need some of the things we've got rid of or sold

So, as usual, it is not knowing what is going on that is driving me nuts, me and the OH bickered all weekend, weather didn't help much either! I'm glad he's back at work today

So, WHO HAS GOT GOOD NEWS????

Sam
Not me......again
I'm sure things will move for you Sam when your buyer returns. Wish I had a viewing at the mo.
Weather miserable here too......and the girls are off school this week for half term
They are currently on 'Singstar' on the PS2.......so singing their hearts out.......but it's too early for me
Beth x x
Old May 26th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Not me......again
I'm sure things will move for you Sam when your buyer returns. Wish I had a viewing at the mo.
Weather miserable here too......and the girls are off school this week for half term
They are currently on 'Singstar' on the PS2.......so singing their hearts out.......but it's too early for me
Beth x x
Hi Beth

Weather certainly does not help, does it?

It means all the things I'll do with the children this week will probably cost money whereas when the sun is shining, there's the beach and picnics to enjoy.
Glad mine are not on Singstar this morning, I'm like a bear with a sore head today, best left well alone!

Sam
Old May 26th 2008, 9:36 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Beth

Weather certainly does not help, does it?

It means all the things I'll do with the children this week will probably cost money whereas when the sun is shining, there's the beach and picnics to enjoy.
Glad mine are not on Singstar this morning, I'm like a bear with a sore head today, best left well alone!

Sam
I def get more grouchy when the weather is like this....LOL
Really makes the day feel twice as long!!!!
On a positive note......I have been throwing some more junk out from the girls bedrooms......and have bought some on those CD wallets to put DVDs, CDs, PS games and computer games in to save on space.
Andrew has re-painted our lounge and dining room..........not that it needed doing, but he felt he wanted to keep busy in the hope we get a viewer.
I have to ring Pickfords later to query if we can ship our car to Oz. Have a gut feeling it's a 'no' as have read you have to own the car for at least 12 months before shipping......and we only bought it in April....LOL
Beth x x
Old May 26th 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

I def get more grouchy when the weather is like this....LOL
Really makes the day feel twice as long!!!!
On a positive note......I have been throwing some more junk out from the girls bedrooms......and have bought some on those CD wallets to put DVDs, CDs, PS games and computer games in to save on space.
Andrew has re-painted our lounge and dining room..........not that it needed doing, but he felt he wanted to keep busy in the hope we get a viewer.
I have to ring Pickfords later to query if we can ship our car to Oz. Have a gut feeling it's a 'no' as have read you have to own the car for at least 12 months before shipping......and we only bought it in April....LOL
Beth x x
Hi

Sorting out makes you feel quite positive, I think.
We have just about run out of stuff to do now, just need to give everything in the garage another clean when we actually know our moving dates.

House is looking a tip now, so if we have to remarket, its going to look like a student squat with no wardrobes or beds in the children's rooms, they have got mattresses on the floor and their clothes on an old clothes horse!!

Don't know about cars, only heard its expensive and complicated, but maybe worth it if the car is new still?

Sam
Old May 26th 2008, 9:48 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Hi

Sorting out makes you feel quite positive, I think.
We have just about run out of stuff to do now, just need to give everything in the garage another clean when we actually know our moving dates.

House is looking a tip now, so if we have to remarket, its going to look like a student squat with no wardrobes or beds in the children's rooms, they have got mattresses on the floor and their clothes on an old clothes horse!!

Don't know about cars, only heard its expensive and complicated, but maybe worth it if the car is new still?

Sam
It's not too bad to ship a car out.......we have a 7 seater Kia Sedona SE+ 06 reg......so would be worth it if we can.
I think my kids would love to sleep on mattresses......would feel like an adventure to them.
Beth x x
Old May 26th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's not too bad to ship a car out.......we have a 7 seater Kia Sedona SE+ 06 reg......so would be worth it if we can.
I think my kids would love to sleep on mattresses......would feel like an adventure to them.
Beth x x

What's your Kia like? we've looked at them as a possible purchase in Oz, seems to be plenty available.

My 9 year old son thinks sleeping on the mattress is good fun, but daughter is not impressed!!

Sam
Old May 26th 2008, 10:05 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all. Isn't the weather just fantastic.

Kids are off this week as it's half term. YAY They've already trashed the house.

I hope I don't get any viewers today as I can't even hoover round as hoover's totally packed up.

Although I did purchase another one online and saved myself £80.

Let's hope something happens for us all this week.
Old May 26th 2008, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all - sorry you have no good news.

Weather crap here. Drains blocked. Need to shower and can't due to drain! Expecting Dyno-rod within the hour, so will have to meet them with greasy lank hair.... We have no food in as I was going shopping this morning - bu now waiting for Dyno-rod. DD off school on half term has a project to do - which I'm sure I will end up doing.

Life is fun isn't it?
Old May 26th 2008, 10:51 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi all - sorry you have no good news.

Weather crap here. Drains blocked. Need to shower and can't due to drain! Expecting Dyno-rod within the hour, so will have to meet them with greasy lank hair.... We have no food in as I was going shopping this morning - bu now waiting for Dyno-rod. DD off school on half term has a project to do - which I'm sure I will end up doing.

Life is fun isn't it?
Sounds like your week is starting about as well as mine.

Well as the song goes "things can only get better". Well it can't get any worse can it.
Old May 26th 2008, 10:55 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Well it can't get any worse can it.
Fatal last words.

You just know something else is going to happen now you said that.
Old May 26th 2008, 10:58 pm
Make it happen!!!!

What's your Kia like? we've looked at them as a possible purchase in Oz, seems to be plenty available.

My 9 year old son thinks sleeping on the mattress is good fun, but daughter is not impressed!!

Sam
I love my Kia
2 seats in the front, 2 in the middle and 3 in the back.........all with 3 point seat belts
rear door is a sliding door so no worries about the kids opening the door and hitting the car next to us....or the wind blowing it shut on their hands!!!
Fab when it's raining as they can just get in the car and walk through to the very back......no folding down seats to access the rear seats
Just got Andrew to look for Kia's in Oz......a 7 seater carens is £12500 new......and the sedona is £16500 new fab!!!!
about £10000 for a good condition second hand one.

Rung Pickfords about shipping our car over........about £3k......great I thought......until he added customs, GMT etc on.......about $6k - $7k on top as we haven't owned it for over a year!!!!
If we had a 40' container half car and half furniture.....it would cost around £6000 to ship with the $7000 on top for the car to clear customs and pay GMT etc.......so say £10k in total
Not really worth it......
Beth x x
Old May 26th 2008, 11:48 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

We have a viewer, woo ohoo

Estate agent just rung to say a couple want to view it quickly, am I in this avo. Well no im at work but said they can come tonight 6.30. OMG isnt it typical just got back from holiday, washing and ironing everywhere. Will have to get in at 5 and mad panic dash round the house on mad cleanup and hide the ironing in the car

Joex
Old May 26th 2008, 11:55 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
We have a viewer, woo ohoo

Estate agent just rung to say a couple want to view it quickly, am I in this avo. Well no im at work but said they can come tonight 6.30. OMG isnt it typical just got back from holiday, washing and ironing everywhere. Will have to get in at 5 and mad panic dash round the house on mad cleanup and hide the ironing in the car

Joex
Well done!!!!
I throw as much as i can in the car too....PMSL
Beth x x
Old May 27th 2008, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

[SIZE="5"[/SIZE]
We have had an offer!!!!!

£30,00 under the already reduced asking price. They offered us on Friday night and then called the agent to offer to them - only think is they havent even got theirs on the market

We have said no at the moment, Dave thinks its an opening offer, as they love the house, and are trying to get a bargain - it was on at £395K, then £375 - now on at £345K - she offered £315K - going to give it a week or so as they love the area and the house - he is a builder and is aware he can make more money at this house - theirs in a nice house but on a road and no room to extend and no privacy - garden backs onto a busyish road - they loved ours. Dave knows him and said to bide our time - give them time to re-think - hopefully the agent will work on them - thats what they are paid for after all!! Please Please Please let them offer more and get theirs on the market - could be sat here another year waiting for them though!!!!:curse:
Old May 27th 2008, 12:25 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought it would just be an opening offer and will up it. Fingers crossed Trouble is that they dont know how long it will take to sell theirs. Id bide my time too.

Good luck

Jx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.