Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:26 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by maisey
[COLOR="Magenta"]

We have a viewer for tomorrow, we had a private viewing (sounds rude) lady my husband has been doing some work for and she has put in an offer at £15K under asking price (this was our selling price anyway) and if we go with her won't have to pay EA fees.
With the private viewing check your contract with your estate agent if you are in a sole selling agent contract you may still be liable to pay agents commission even if you find your own buyer.

A friend of mine is a property lawyer and is advising me what to have in a contract have already got my fees down to £700 less than the most expensive quote and at a fixed fee. It's worth haggling i cant believe how much EA's are caving in on my demands.

Have chosen my EA and now waiting for it to go on market hopefully for next week.

Kaye
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Just wanted to find out what rates the EA are charging. We are on with 3, 1.2%, 1% and 2%.. a big difference
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:52 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Our house valued at just under 200k paying £1250 fixed fee they all caved even the one who was going on 1%. I wish i had held out for a bit more off as they all agreed to £1250 easily. If they are confident enough to sell your house quickly they will bring fees down.

Negotiated the agreement rights down from 16 weeks to 8 and one for as long as we wanted.

Most contracts have a minimum time they will allow you to market house with them I didnt like that either not considering we are emigrating and need a quick sale dont want to be stuck with rubbish EA.

my friend also said tell them you are emigrating you need a fast realistic sale or you are moving on. They have all said that they will not mention it but even if they do and people come with a stupid offer we can say no.

Kaye

Last edited by wardy2; Feb 12th 2008 at 7:59 am.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
Just wanted to find out what rates the EA are charging. We are on with 3, 1.2%, 1% and 2%.. a big difference
We are on 1%. Previous agent swore they could sell it in a month wanted 2%. Most local agents charge between 0.75% and 1.5%. We are in South Wales.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys

Hi

We are on 1%, could have got one at 0.75% but wasn't so keen on their marketing.
Its alot of money for not a lot of work, in my opinion. Last time we sold, we sold privately to our next door neighbour who didn't even query the price we told him!

So I reckon this time, we are in for a long haul as we had such luck before

Reckon this sunny weather is getting the viewers out though, as we had another one yesterday, only gave 1/2 hours notice - there was smoke coming out of my feet by the time I had gone through the house

Sam
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:43 pm
aka DORIS

We chose our agent but the other agent we knocked back not for anything particular has just said he will do it for £800 and if we dont like their service they will withdraw in 7 weeks instead of the other companies 16.

They will they even advertise in one more place than the one we did pick and to be honest nothing between the agents we have had in.

I still reckon agents will come down lower than 1%

I think its worth a punt we all need as much as we can get.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:53 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
We chose our agent but the other agent we knocked back not for anything particular has just said he will do it for £800 and if we dont like their service they will withdraw in 7 weeks instead of the other companies 16.

They will they even advertise in one more place than the one we did pick and to be honest nothing between the agents we have had in.

I still reckon agents will come down lower than 1%

I think its worth a punt we all need as much as we can get.
Hi Kaye, where you heading for in Cairns? We seem to like the Redlynch area. Still no news with our house though!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:30 pm
aka DORIS

Hi Beth

To be honest we have stopped looking i'm getting visa stress god knows when we are going to hear anything.

Want to be in Cairns state High school catchment but that may be a bit difficult but like you would have preferred northern suburbs.

Just hope we hear something soon.

kaye x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all,

Sorry you have no more news Beth.

I have no news either - except I had the most awful nightmare last night. I dreamt that the xray which we are having tomorrow, showed that I had breast cancer. I sincerely hope that this is just a manefestation of my stress and not a premonition.

Just thought I'd write it down, then it won't come true.

Good luck to everyone today.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Afternoon all,

I have no news either - except I had the most awful nightmare last night. I dreamt that the xray which we are having tomorrow, showed that I had breast cancer. I sincerely hope that this is just a manefestation of my stress and not a premonition.

Hi Fly Away,

I have had some bizarre and troubling dreams recently, esp just before I was waking up in the early hours of the am. Sending you cyber hugs, nightmares are horrible, but it is just the stress of it all. Hope you get some peaceful sleep tonight.

No news here either guys, although the weather is stunning today! Have had a good tidy up in the hope that, ahem, the EA calls.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:12 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all,

WOW.....you are stressed!!!! Just think positively......if it is true then you've found out about it early on, and if it's not you need to be in the madhouse for your own safety....LOL
Have you heard about Pickfords? There is a thread about them possibly going bust on the Australia Forum. We were going to use them too :curse:
Beth x x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks guys - the dream may also be the result of the temperature I am STILL running. Will this illness never go away? Or I may just have cracked at last.

I'd read the Pickfords thread. I'm not surprised. We had a terrible time moving with Pickfords 3 years ago- we claimed more on the insurance than it cost us to move. Not one piece of furniture was undamaged. 250 year old Georgian mirror smashed....family heirlooms broken, stuff went missing. If every move they did made a loss no wonder they are in trouble. Consider it good fortune that you have avoided using them. Poor sods who are caught up in it though.

Well away to have a shower.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Fly Away;5927243]Thanks guys - the dream may also be the result of the temperature I am STILL running. Will this illness never go away? Or I may just have cracked at last.

Could well be, coupled with the stress, no wonder. Hope the lurgy goes soon. As for cracking, I think I could be too, am finding work very difficult...in my own little world most of the time.

I'd read the Pickfords thread. I'm not surprised. We had a terrible time moving with Pickfords 3 years ago- we claimed more on the insurance than it cost us to move. Not one piece of furniture was undamaged. 250 year old Georgian mirror smashed....family heirlooms broken, stuff went missing. If every move they did made a loss no wonder they are in trouble. Consider it good fortune that you have avoided using them. Poor sods who are caught up in it though.

That's terrible, hope the peeps in the middle of using them now, get things sorted one way or another.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Sparky W

Sorry you are having a bad time too. You must be more stressed than me. How long have you got left at work now? Do they know you are leaving yet? Once they do, it will be a lot easier - you can daydream in peace. I find I can not be bothered with a lot of things which won't matter once we move. I suppose I should be - in case we don't go. You must be much further along than that and just diregarding things which definately won't matter. (Like work.) You must also have so many things on your mind.

I have decided, no more sitting on my bum on BE - once I'm better I'm going to sort this house out. I don't care if people want to view. It can all be stuffed back in cupboards. That is one of the things which is stressing me out - we have a lot of junk and it will take time to sort it all out. If I can reduce some of my stress, I am sure it is a move in the right direction.

Well, got to go and dry my hair now, (had my shower)
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Sparky W

Sorry you are having a bad time too. You must be more stressed than me. How long have you got left at work now? Do they know you are leaving yet? Once they do, it will be a lot easier - you can daydream in peace. I find I can not be bothered with a lot of things which won't matter once we move. I suppose I should be - in case we don't go. You must be much further along than that and just diregarding things which definately won't matter. (Like work.) You must also have so many things on your mind.

I have decided, no more sitting on my bum on BE - once I'm better I'm going to sort this house out. I don't care if people want to view. It can all be stuffed back in cupboards. That is one of the things which is stressing me out - we have a lot of junk and it will take time to sort it all out. If I can reduce some of my stress, I am sure it is a move in the right direction.

Well, got to go and dry my hair now, (had my shower)
Hi Fly Away,

Not too bad at the moment actually thanks, was it last week and the week before, they were terrible thinking back. After OH's gran passing over and then my nan too, arguing something rotton with each other, it just all got too much. Telling the OH's parents dates eased the situ a lot though.

Yep, work know, they have known for a while and there are plans for a good night out at the end of March. Feel awful cause can't bear the thought of saying goodbye, I am **** at it and would rather b***** off quietly then have a huge fuss made. How ungrateful is that?

I think we all have things on our mind, whatever stage we are all at. Hope you manage to get things sorted out, we've got more clearing out to do here and it is hard to do...esp the throwing.

Sorry, forgot to say, after this week, have six weeks of work left and it's nine weeks today that we fly!!!

Last edited by Sparky wife; Feb 13th 2008 at 4:22 am. Reason: Added bit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.