Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Hi Fly Away,

Not too bad at the moment actually thanks, was it last week and the week before, they were terrible thinking back. After OH's gran passing over and then my nan too, arguing something rotton with each other, it just all got too much. Telling the OH's parents dates eased the situ a lot though.

Yep, work know, they have known for a while and there are plans for a good night out at the end of March. Feel awful cause can't bear the thought of saying goodbye, I am **** at it and would rather b***** off quietly then have a huge fuss made. How ungrateful is that?

I think we all have things on our mind, whatever stage we are all at. Hope you manage to get things sorted out, we've got more clearing out to do here and it is hard to do...esp the throwing.
LOL. You will have a leaving do if you want one or not! I know what you mean, I don't want a fuss either. I'd prefer to say goodbye in private to the people I care about. Maybe you could go sick on the last day.

It sounds like you have a really bad few weeks. Hope things have improved now. ((((())))) Fingers crossed it is all down hill from here.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:06 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

hi hows everyone doing??? Buyers having survey tomorrow alot faster than our last buyers, just hope everything ok they are just having the basic valuation done
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
hi hows everyone doing??? Buyers having survey tomorrow alot faster than our last buyers, just hope everything ok they are just having the basic valuation done
That's great! Will keep everything crossed for you.

Fly Away, it's on a Saturday! A guy we work with has his birthday the week before, so thinking a combo job is the way to go! Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!

Yeah, you too, all the best for tomorrow and the 20th.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wardy2
With the private viewing check your contract with your estate agent if you are in a sole selling agent contract you may still be liable to pay agents commission even if you find your own buyer.

A friend of mine is a property lawyer and is advising me what to have in a contract have already got my fees down to £700 less than the most expensive quote and at a fixed fee. It's worth haggling i cant believe how much EA's are caving in on my demands.

Have chosen my EA and now waiting for it to go on market hopefully for next week.

Kaye
Just checked the contract with EA, I did check at the time as was considering putting on internet site like houseladder. He said we wouldn't have to pay if we found the buyer this way.
The contract states ' as sole agents you will be liable to pay fees as indicated below, if at any time unconditional contracts for the sale of the property are exchanged with a person introduced by us, or another agent during the initial period.'
I clarified with him the definition of 'agent' and this was as in estate agent so that lets us out I think. She has contacted my husband again today to say that she has instructed her solicitors to write a letter declaring her interest and her offer.
We had another viewing today and they are not on the market until next week, still awaiting feedback from EA.
Incidentally our EA wanted to charge 1% but the others I had to value were charging 0.7 and 0.75% so haggled and got it down to flat fee of £3000.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
hi hows everyone doing??? Buyers having survey tomorrow alot faster than our last buyers, just hope everything ok they are just having the basic valuation done:
Good luck Clare! Sending Ks for a clear survey.

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
That's great! Will keep everything crossed for you.

Fly Away, it's on a Saturday! A guy we work with has his birthday the week before, so thinking a combo job is the way to go! Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!

Yeah, you too, all the best for tomorrow and the 20th.
Have a good time - I'm sure you will when you get there.

Thanks for the good wishes. Just hope they don't turn us away from the xray as both myself and OH are still really ill. I have been coughing so much it made me sick last night.

We will have to pretend to be well.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:53 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Good luck Clare! Sending Ks for a clear survey.

Have a good time - I'm sure you will when you get there.

Thanks for the good wishes. Just hope they don't turn us away from the xray as both myself and OH are still really ill. I have been coughing so much it made me sick last night.

We will have to pretend to be well.
when is your med FA??? Sorry you still feel poorly
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sarab40
when is your med FA??? Sorry you still feel poorly
Hi S40! Meds are on the 20th but xrays tomorrow. I have phoned and checked and they say it's not a problem we have chesty coughs, but we'll have to see. Hopefully we will be better for the meds. DD has improved drastically today - so I hope we follow the same time scales.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by maisey
Just checked the contract with EA, I did check at the time as was considering putting on internet site like houseladder. He said we wouldn't have to pay if we found the buyer this way.
The contract states ' as sole agents you will be liable to pay fees as indicated below, if at any time unconditional contracts for the sale of the property are exchanged with a person introduced by us, or another agent during the initial period.'
I clarified with him the definition of 'agent' and this was as in estate agent so that lets us out I think. She has contacted my husband again today to say that she has instructed her solicitors to write a letter declaring her interest and her offer.
We had another viewing today and they are not on the market until next week, still awaiting feedback from EA.
Incidentally our EA wanted to charge 1% but the others I had to value were charging 0.7 and 0.75% so haggled and got it down to flat fee of £3000.
That sounds good! So am I right in saying that you don't have to pay EA fees then? Hope her offer is good.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds good Maisey! Hopefully there will be no problem with the EA if this friend does buy. I wish they were all as reasonable. Good luck - hope you get some good news soon.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Hi S40! Meds are on the 20th but xrays tomorrow. I have phoned and checked and they say it's not a problem we have chesty coughs, but we'll have to see. Hopefully we will be better for the meds. DD has improved drastically today - so I hope we follow the same time scales.
Hiya
Popped in (again!) to see how you're going - but not so good by the sounds of it! I know I said I would be on here again but been ridiculously busy :curse: with work. Crazy this time last year it was sooooo dead. Anyway enough rambling hope all goes well with your meds, sure they will and how is house selling land? We had a 2nd viewing about 3 weeks ago, she absolutely loved it, checked out the school too said that was great ....................gues what? F*** all was ever heard again. Ea rang to say she got hold of them and they were making a decision about this house vs another, and would let us know either way after that week end..... guess we lost out but nice to say so hey?
Hanging on for spring, havn't dropped price yet as had virtually no interest and EA has said bugger all too! Just dunno what to do really, don't know whether to changes EA's or not!
Well thats that off my chest (no pun intended)
Speak to you soon!
Tara!
Dtp
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hiya
Popped in (again!) to see how you're going - but not so good by the sounds of it! I know I said I would be on here again but been ridiculously busy :curse: with work. Crazy this time last year it was sooooo dead. Anyway enough rambling hope all goes well with your meds, sure they will and how is house selling land? We had a 2nd viewing about 3 weeks ago, she absolutely loved it, checked out the school too said that was great ....................gues what? F*** all was ever heard again. Ea rang to say she got hold of them and they were making a decision about this house vs another, and would let us know either way after that week end..... guess we lost out but nice to say so hey?
Hanging on for spring, havn't dropped price yet as had virtually no interest and EA has said bugger all too! Just dunno what to do really, don't know whether to changes EA's or not!
Well thats that off my chest (no pun intended)
Speak to you soon!
Tara!
Dtp

Hiya Dan! Glad to hear you've been busy - it means more money for Oz eh?

What a bummer you lost out on that buyer. we've had a couple of people who have said to our faces that they are going to put an offer in and then nothing... What is that about? Things are picking up a bit here, have had some viewings since Christmas. Have thought about dropping the price but EA convinced the price is right and that the market is starting to move. Will rethink next week if no viewings booked... I think you are right, we need to wait until spring.. sick of waiting though.

We have our meds this week and have a fluey thing. So annoying. There is nothing we can do about it though.

Good luck with your sale. Hope things continue to improve. And come back sooner than last time!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Good luck for today fly away you will be fine. We just have our 2 viewings for saturday so will see how they go. Just checked internet and EA's havent reduced price on there yet so will call them later:curse:. Why is it always us that is phoning them!!!! Very annoying:curse:

We thought we might as well drop the price now rather than wait. From the beginning we have had an amount that we would sell for so as long as dont go under that then it fine. No point in hanging around I'd say
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:31 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for a smooth quick sale, glad yours said sole agents this is the one part I may have difficulty getting going to speak again to our EA and see if we can get this.

My lawyer friend told us not to sign a sole selling rights contract only sole agents one looks like you have got lucky.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck Fly away imsure everything will be fine. Hope your feeling a little better today.

Suexx
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Good luck for your meds next week, hopefully you will all be fighting fit again

Sam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.