Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:56 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sorry, I'm having a bad day, I'm not very well and I can't see us being able to sell for a while. Hopefully we will hear something soon - one of the properties is in a different county, so the property market is different down there. Although, we've only had 1 viewing in 2 weeks... AGHHHH
BIG HUGGS

Won't be long (we need Professional Princess to consult her womb on the matter really, to be sure )

Sending you some lucky K, honey
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:07 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart
Good luck Beth
A good point that someone told me is pester, pester, pester the EA's and guess what its starting to work. I told them that if I did not have any viewings then I was going to give them there 14 days notice and change EA's and look I have now had 2 viewings set up, I also phone on a Monday and Friday. They will soon get sick of me and sell my place.
Absolutely right there - hassle them 'til they can't take no more, then hassle their soggy remains

Best of luck with the viewings!!!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:09 am
Da bing bing!

Hi Sparky wife Happy Monday to ya
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
BIG HUGGS

Won't be long (we need Professional Princess to consult her womb on the matter really, to be sure )

Sending you some lucky K, honey
Thanks Jen and Sparky w for the Ks and nice words. I am sitting here with my lemsip and my OH who is coughing his guts up and DD who is streaming with cold and we all feel very sorry for ourselves.

The daft thing is, we are probably very lucky by Uk standards, if we didn't want to get out of the country, everything would be fine....
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:21 am
Da bing bing!

Thanks Jen and Sparky w for the Ks and nice words. I am sitting here with my lemsip and my OH who is coughing his guts up and DD who is streaming with cold and we all feel very sorry for ourselves.

The daft thing is, we are probably very lucky by Uk standards, if we didn't want to get out of the country, everything would be fine....
I know what you're saying - that's how we feel. We are lucky - we've sold out, got our money in the bank, great kids..... really we're much more fortunate than other families who are trying to emigrate.

It just doesn't feel that way sometimes & I have to give myself the old virtual boot up the backsy to remind myself it could be far, far worse.

A good conversation with the solicitor always helps, of course
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:42 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there all, our 2nd viewing people have not come back to us (they were through the dodgy EA) and nor have the EA told us what is going on. Both of us want to ring but don't want to sound desperate so will leave it till tomorrow now. We also try and think of all the good things we have and we have just spent all day at Mount Vernon with my husband on the tail end of chemotherapy. All looking positive and that is when we give ourselves a reality check.
Good luck to all with those prospective buyers, just off to fold the toilet paper corners and iron the duvet covers!!!

Nicky xx
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
I know what you're saying - that's how we feel. We are lucky - we've sold out, got our money in the bank, great kids..... really we're much more fortunate than other families who are trying to emigrate.

It just doesn't feel that way sometimes & I have to give myself the old virtual boot up the backsy to remind myself it could be far, far worse.

A good conversation with the solicitor always helps, of course
I know - I have a friend from Zim who had to leave her whole life, house etc in Zim and come out with £400 in her pocket. If I think about that, I feel much better - even if we can't sell the houses, they can't be stolen from us, we will be able to move to Oz at some point. Even if it's not when we want to.

Everyone has something which is particularly hard for them in this process. This must be our 'thing'. Your's will probably be the legal stuff.

Most people don't even have this chance in life, so we are lucky for even being able to qualify for a visa.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi there all, our 2nd viewing people have not come back to us (they were through the dodgy EA) and nor have the EA told us what is going on. Both of us want to ring but don't want to sound desperate so will leave it till tomorrow now. We also try and think of all the good things we have and we have just spent all day at Mount Vernon with my husband on the tail end of chemotherapy. All looking positive and that is when we give ourselves a reality check.
Good luck to all with those prospective buyers, just off to fold the toilet paper corners and iron the duvet covers!!!

Nicky xx
It must be nerve wracking and a very odd situation with this starnge EA. Just be careful he doesn't try and get you to sign with him.

Glad to hear that your OH's treatment is nearly over. As I was just saying we are all lucky really - you must be more aware of this than the rest of us. hopefully your sale will be quick and smooth - one less thing to worry about.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

OH hasn't escaped it then Really hope you wake up tomorrow and feel much, much better.

Have to agree with that sentiment, which is sometimes why it feels as though you are swimming against a major current at times. It's unfortunate but we can do it (will try not to start clapping my hands and shouting out trying to rouse the crowd! )

Regards to moonies, put on a Lloyd Grossman (sp) voice and say..."whose bum lives in a house like this?" Get a page in the local rag, and get a competition going, peeps are forced to come round to the house to look and see what it's like, then match with the photo in the paper.

Think I have offically lost my marbles...

Happy Monday to you too Jenni, not been too bad as far as Mondays go!

Nickywes, am glad for you and yours regards chemo. Sorry to hear that the second viewers didn't get back, will keep everything crossed you get some more soon.

Last edited by Sparky wife; Feb 11th 2008 at 7:08 am. Reason: Added an "o" and extra words
Old Feb 11th 2008, 11:28 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know you come on and give an update and just cos you are not selling you get ignored...:curse:

...well that is you off the bond girl party list
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Well have a new EA coming roung this morning and we are dropping our price so fingers crossed . We gave notice to 2 of the EA's which runs out today and they were USELESS!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone, am feeling positive today that makes a change
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:01 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spaceys
Well have a new EA coming roung this morning and we are dropping our price so fingers crossed . We gave notice to 2 of the EA's which runs out today and they were USELESS!!!!!!

Good luck with new EA. We just realised that our official EA has only sent 1 person round in a month but the unofficial one has sent 3. How can that be? Not heard anything yet though and waiting by the telephone just in case.
Nicky
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by graz79
I don't know you come on and give an update and just cos you are not selling you get ignored...:curse:

...well that is you off the bond girl party list
I didn't ignore you!! I think I addressed my reply to Tiggs and Graz - that doesn't ignore you!

Originally Posted by spaceys

Good luck with the price drop. Ours has convinced us to hang on another week before dropping. Not sure what difference this will make.

I think you're well rid of the other 2 EAs. At least you got to see who was any good. imagine if you were with just one useless one.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Good luck with new EA. We just realised that our official EA has only sent 1 person round in a month but the unofficial one has sent 3. How can that be? Not heard anything yet though and waiting by the telephone just in case.
Nicky
That's wierd too..... Fingers crossed that you get a good offer soon.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 11:02 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

good luck everyone
Old Feb 11th 2008, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, we just had the highest offer yet from one of those buying companies - still £190K UNDER the asking price. :curse: But they will pay £1000 legal fees. So that's OK then.

Didn't expect a fortune, but they are really taking the mick. It is £65K under the auction reserve price too. Might end up doing that if we can't sell. A property opposite is up for auction today, so I might check and see if that sells.

Last edited by Fly Away; Feb 11th 2008 at 11:32 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.