Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:37 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Thanks SW
Only have 4 weeks to get as many names as possible to submit to the Prime Minister
Beth x x
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Tracy, will be keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow. The weather has been terrible, so here's to hoping that tomorrow is as good as today!

Beth, will sign the petition, have just read it. Read about her the other day, on the BBC local news pages.

Hi Tiggs and Graz, Steve and Tina!

Hi Fly Away and Suart, hope you get some joy soon. Wonder if rates will go down this month? Will it make any difference? What's going to happen this year? <Sparky wife musing over the situation...>

I spoke to the EA about our place a couple of weeks ago, said that the only thing they could suggest was doing our back, ahem spending £10000 at least to make a **** tip into a layered **** tip. Yep, our price is very reasonable, they have written in that our first price with them was realistic, we have now dropped a significant percentage since. Happy days indeed.

TEN THOUSAND POUNDS!!!

That is an awful lot for one small garden.

I know someone on a very sloping plot, who had a deck put up with steps to it for £2K - makes a lovely patio. Is this possible for you?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmmm, can't find my name on the petition...hope it counted it.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm, can't find my name on the petition...hope it counted it.
You get an email to confirm - when you reply, your name is added.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Afternoon all,

Jasonmb - thanks for the vacuum bags tip. Good luck with your viewing tomorrow. Hope you can pack the kids and the dog out somewhere. Weather looks like it will be good, so you could send them all to the park.

Tiggs - Lovely to see you again. I am scared about property prices in Adelaide. The annoying thing is, we had a buyer for this house last June and we planned to put a deposit down on a newbuild so that it would be ready when we got there. The best laid plans eh? Hope we won't need to commute much. Maybe we'll be lucky.

When are you due to move into your new house? It must be great to have a date and be able to work towards it! Where are you going to live between OAA and the house??? Will they let you extend for a couple of weeks?

Good luck and hope you can get back on line soon!

xxx

Beth - I have signed the petition. That sounds terrible - typical of the NHS though. Sending you some Ks for caring.

Hi Flyaway

Thanks for the luck, I am trying not to get too excited about the viewing but struggling to be honest. Will be packing kids and dog off to the park like a bad parent

Tracy
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by suart
Hi Beth I have signed it for you

Just thought I'd let you all know I have reduced the price for my house again, 10k knocked off altogether now.
Hopefully it will pay off and the EA will send us some viewers.

Good luck jasonmb with the viewing on thursday- hopefully they will offer the asking price, fingers crossed.

Hi Suart

Gosh £10K is alot, fingers crossed that you get some viewers. Thanks for the luck, we are not expecting full asking, in fact Jason seems to think he will offer £45,000 under original asking, obviously there will be no sale

Tracy
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Thanks guys.....means a lot He is 35 years old and has MS and just wants to die at home.....bloody NHS want to stick him in a nursing home now, so hoping the PM will act on this petition
Beth x x

Beth, we have signed, Jasons dad had MS, it is dreadful, but at least he'd had a life so to speak, 35 is nothing of an age.

Tracy
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:04 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Beth, we have signed, Jasons dad had MS, it is dreadful, but at least he'd had a life so to speak, 35 is nothing of an age.

Tracy
It's a dreadful disease. Pete has now made a living will to not be resuscitated
again. He cannot talk or do anything and is totally bedbound. Worst thing is his mind is still 100% ok but his body is slowly packing in. He can't even swallow any more and has tubes in him to stop him choking
Really appreciate all of your support on this,
Beth x x
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Tracy, will be keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow. The weather has been terrible, so here's to hoping that tomorrow is as good as today!

Beth, will sign the petition, have just read it. Read the story the other day, on the BBC local news pages. Very sad.

Hi Tiggs and Graz, Steve and Tina!

Hi Fly Away and Suart, hope you get some joy soon. Wonder if rates will go down this month? Will it make any difference? What's going to happen this year? <Sparky wife musing over the situation...>

I spoke to the EA about our place a couple of weeks ago, said that the only thing they could suggest was doing our back, ahem spending £10000 at least to make a **** tip into a layered **** tip. Yep, our price is very reasonable, they have written in that our first price with them was realistic, we have now dropped a significant percentage since. Happy days indeed.
The weather has been lovely here today, I am lucky enought to have a convertable and had the roof down today, Ok I had the heating blowing warm and on full, but still had the roof down Am hoping it will be like this for a few days, I need to wash it and take pics with roof down to try and sell it. Will be busy tomorrrow cleaning the house ready for the viewing but will let you know how we get on. Ouch £10K on the garden, if you were staying and could appreciate it fair enough, BUT.............

Tracy
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi Suart

Gosh £10K is alot, fingers crossed that you get some viewers. Thanks for the luck, we are not expecting full asking, in fact Jason seems to think he will offer £45,000 under original asking, obviously there will be no sale

Tracy
I hope he does not offer that low, thats alot but you do get some cheeky people who want your house for free. I makes me angry when people put silly offers in like that. good luck and let us know how u get one
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Hi beth just wondering if you would mind me posting thhis on my facebook profile, so I can get you some more people to sign up for you?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
It's a dreadful disease. Pete has now made a living will to not be resuscitated
again. He cannot talk or do anything and is totally bedbound. Worst thing is his mind is still 100% ok but his body is slowly packing in. He can't even swallow any more and has tubes in him to stop him choking
Really appreciate all of your support on this,
Beth x x
it is soo wrong, I can't imagine what his wife and daughter are going through
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:17 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

hello everyone, well how is everyone doing?
god I hope at least someone is having more luck than us
a couple viewed the house, said they really liked it, wanted a second viewing and then nothing
bloody hell, i'm so not interested in work at the moment, i cant focus on anything else but selling the house curse:

please someone, buy my house
bec
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by suart
I hope he does not offer that low, thats alot but you do get some cheeky people who want your house for free. I makes me angry when people put silly offers in like that. good luck and let us know how u get one
The estate agent has already warned us, if he makes an offer it will be a silly one and for them to have pre-warned us they must be expecting it too. But if he wants the house he will pay a reasonable price for it I am not prepared to give it away.

Tracy
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by egghead4
hello everyone, well how is everyone doing?
god I hope at least someone is having more luck than us
a couple viewed the house, said they really liked it, wanted a second viewing and then nothing
bloody hell, i'm so not interested in work at the moment, i cant focus on anything else but selling the house curse:

please someone, buy my house
bec
Glad I am not the only one with no motivation, I don't work, but haven't done anything for days, I need to go to the supermarket but can't be bothered to do that either

Good Luck with your sale

Tracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.