Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by ANNE&JAY
Cheers Jasonmb,

You can also get them from costco if you are a member!

Anne xxx
We are not members but know someone who is Thanks for this
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nickywes
You could eat off the floor by the time I have finished and then I don't want anyone to walk anywhere or even breathe. Surely everybody's house looks a mess at times not a show home. I am tired of it already, please someone buy our house quickly!
Completley agree with you, fingers crossed you get a buyer soon.

Sometimes I think what is the point we have a dog, I am sure you can imagine the smell and the mess on the wood kitchen floor with the lovely wet weather we are having at the moment.

We have a second viewing on Thursday, when he last viewed it was at 3 o clock and I got my dad to get the kids from school. I am dreading this one, what do you do with a 16, 11 and 7 year old So any work I have done to make the house look saleable will have gone by about 5, when they are all home from school and riding lessons and the smell might not be great dependant upon what Moo has done at her lesson (if weather not good, she does stable management - also knows as shovelling s*it)

Tracy
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:35 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Hi Tiggs, could we do a swap our furniture is antique and just seen a house we are puttin an offer in but like you more than we wantd to pay, agent just phoned to say another person is putting an offer in today as well, we will have to wait and see.

Like you we were going to wait a year but house prices are only rising

What gossip ??????????
hi somme - pm'ed you!

fingers crossed for your house! I take it the prices are going daft up by you the same as they are here?!

a furniture swap sounds great - although i think i would get the better end of the deal - i have a sneaky suspision that your stuff is probably much better quality than mine

you will have to ask Fly away or gonnago about the gossip - i havent managed to find out any of the good bits yet!!!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning Everyone!!

Just got back from the school run and supermarket shop. Paid for everything on Nectar points. No point saving them now. Reckon we have 10 weeks FREE shopping due to us plus all the toiletries FREE from Boots until we go.

Tiggs - sorry to miss you. I am having early nights but next week is half term here, so I should be able to stay up after midnight. Hope you find a nice daycare for the little one. He must be confused after being in full time nursery to be back home again. The price rises are very worrying. We are after a large block too. Looking forward to your PM.
lol at the 'free' shopping - i bought flight socks and sun lotion with my boots points
I am never sure when i am going to be online anyway - depends when i can get to the library
Cant remember what i said in my last post but house prices over the last year in adelaide have risen by up to 62% - and we found that finding a big block within commuting distance of the city can add anything up to $100000 to the asking price
On the other hand if you dont need to commute into the city you can still pick up a nice house on a huge block for a really good price!
will try and get that pm done soon!

41 old - you could go off people you know.

We're going to have a ball in Adelaide - poor Tiggs is trembling in her boots you know.

Adele
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:02 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Wondering if some of you would be kind enough to sign the link in my signature please
Beth x x
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all,

Jasonmb - thanks for the vacuum bags tip. Good luck with your viewing tomorrow. Hope you can pack the kids and the dog out somewhere. Weather looks like it will be good, so you could send them all to the park.

Tiggs - Lovely to see you again. I am scared about property prices in Adelaide. The annoying thing is, we had a buyer for this house last June and we planned to put a deposit down on a newbuild so that it would be ready when we got there. The best laid plans eh? Hope we won't need to commute much. Maybe we'll be lucky.

When are you due to move into your new house? It must be great to have a date and be able to work towards it! Where are you going to live between OAA and the house??? Will they let you extend for a couple of weeks?

Good luck and hope you can get back on line soon!

xxx

Beth - I have signed the petition. That sounds terrible - typical of the NHS though. Sending you some Ks for caring.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Hi Beth I have signed it for you

Just thought I'd let you all know I have reduced the price for my house again, 10k knocked off altogether now.
Hopefully it will pay off and the EA will send us some viewers.

Good luck jasonmb with the viewing on thursday- hopefully they will offer the asking price, fingers crossed.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi all,
Wondering if some of you would be kind enough to sign the link in my signature please
Beth x x
All signed x
Old Feb 6th 2008, 1:45 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.....means a lot He is 35 years old and has MS and just wants to die at home.....bloody NHS want to stick him in a nursing home now, so hoping the PM will act on this petition
Beth x x
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart
Hi Beth I have signed it for you

Just thought I'd let you all know I have reduced the price for my house again, 10k knocked off altogether now.
Hopefully it will pay off and the EA will send us some viewers.

Good luck jasonmb with the viewing on thursday- hopefully they will offer the asking price, fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed that works for you. We are considering doing the same if we don't have any more viewers after half term. (Not expecting any during)

Sending some Ks for luck.

Thanks guys.....means a lot He is 35 years old and has MS and just wants to die at home.....bloody NHS want to stick him in a nursing home now, so hoping the PM will act on this petition
Beth x x
I got your PMs with the full story Beth - sorry I didn't have time to respond as I was only on line for a couple of minutes.

Makes our snivelling problems look like nothing eh?? Sending him good wishes. Is there anything else we can do like write to the Trust and say how disgusted we are?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:27 am
Make it happen!!!!

Fingers crossed that works for you. We are considering doing the same if we don't have any more viewers after half term. (Not expecting any during)

Sending some Ks for luck.

I got your PMs with the full story Beth - sorry I didn't have time to respond as I was only on line for a couple of minutes.

Makes our snivelling problems look like nothing eh?? Sending him good wishes. Is there anything else we can do like write to the Trust and say how disgusted we are?
Thanks Nic
Would be super if you could send an email to as many people as you can with the link.......I would be totally grateful for that
We just want the NHS to leave him at home so he can die happy with his wife and daughter near him....surely that's not asking too much is it?
Sent everyone karma who has already signed the petition that I know of.
Beth x x
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Nic
Would be super if you could send an email to as many people as you can with the link.......I would be totally grateful for that
We just want the NHS to leave him at home so he can die happy with his wife and daughter near him....surely that's not asking too much is it?
Sent everyone karma who has already signed the petition that I know of.
Beth x x

I will send it out to as many people as I can. Together with the full story. I have friends who have a bit of influence in politics - unfortunately not in the NHS. However, one of my friends is a Consultant in palliative care - maybe she is his consultant??

You should start a thread about it - sorry if you have, I haven't be on line much today.

Hope this makes them think again.

xxx
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:39 am
Make it happen!!!!

I will send it out to as many people as I can. Together with the full story. I have friends who have a bit of influence in politics - unfortunately not in the NHS. However, one of my friends is a Consultant in palliative care - maybe she is his consultant??

You should start a thread about it - sorry if you have, I haven't be on line much today.

Hope this makes them think again.

xxx
Haven't done a thread on it.
His wife is a GP in Cardiff.....so she is trying her hardest to care for him herself now.
Thanks for helping Nic
Beth x x

Last edited by BethandAndrew; Feb 6th 2008 at 3:44 am.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Haven't done a thread on it yet.
His wife is a GP in Cardiff.....so she is trying her hardest to care for him herself now.
Think I will do a thread on it........what's the worst that can happen?
Thanks for helping Nic
Beth x x
I suppose his wife knows who to speak to in the NHS anyway. If she can't get things done, there is no hope for anybody else in the same situation.

I have forwarded the link to everyone I know who would be likely to sign.

xxx
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:24 am
Make it happen!!!!

I suppose his wife knows who to speak to in the NHS anyway. If she can't get things done, there is no hope for anybody else in the same situation.

I have forwarded the link to everyone I know who would be likely to sign.

xxx
Thanks again Nic
She was on 'Wales Today' the other day, and has been on radio 2 & 4 to talk about his plight.
This is the BBC report:

BBC report below

A GP says she may have to give up work to care for her terminally-ill husband because his social services care package could be withdrawn.
Siaron West's husband Peter Rees, 35, has multiple sclerosis and receives council social care funding.
Cardiff Council wants to assess him for NHS care, which Dr West says would not meet his needs. She would have to care for him full-time or put him in a home.
The council said it was working within Welsh Assembly Government guidelines.
Mr Rees' care is currently paid for by a mixture of the council's direct payments scheme and the Independent Living Fund, which matches it, Ms West told BBC Radio Wales' Eye on Wales programme.
This enables Dr West to employ personal carers and assistants as and when needed, enabling her to work part-time and care for their seven-year-old daughter, Catrin.
However, the council wants Mr Rees, who has had the condition for 12 years, to be assessed for continuing healthcare, an NHS-funded care package which would give him up to five visits from district nurses per day, but would mean losing their current funding.
Dr West said: "I fought quite hard at the beginning to get the right sort of care for Pete and I can honestly say that over the last six years I feel as though we've managed to have as normal a family life as possible.
"I've managed to work part-time, Catrin's managed to have some sort of childhood, and I feel as though we've functioned well over the last six years.
"I'm a GP, I can provide a lot of the nursing and medical care. What I need mainly are sitters, people to sit with Pete while Catrin and I can go out and do things.
"The best the NHS can provide would be five visits from a district nurse per day. That in no way meets any of our needs and means that I could not continue to work.
Complaint

"We've got a package here which is working well for us; it isn't broke, it doesn't need fixing."

Prof Luke Clements, a human rights and social care expert from Cardiff Law School, said arguments between health services and social services over continuing care responsibility were common.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7199745.stm

If I haven't written to you already-or if you are not a friend, then I'm really sorry to have to write to you, but, in March a friend of mine, aged 35, will be put into a nursing home, if we cannot persuade Cardiff Council to follow their own guidelines about joint care.

To put it simply, at present he lives at home with his GP wife and 7yr old daughter. The council want to assess him to find if he should in fact be cared for by the NHS, rather than their social services. When they assess him they will discover that, yes he should be- they then have 2 choices, to hand him over to NHS care which will mean a nursing home or to offer joint care- ie he gets to stay at home with his wife and daughter. At present the council are choosing to use the nursing home. Their own policy states that "support can come in a shared capacity".
But, for reasons that they aren't disclosing, they are choosing to ignore this at present. The case has been featured on radio 2, radio 4, radio5 live, BBC Wales, the Jeremy Vine show and had a couple of good spreads in the newspaper, see above.The council is very likely to change its policy in the next 3 years as the Welsh Assembly Government is about to issue new guidance on continuing healthcare, which will call for better joint working between local health boards and local authorities. In England the problem has already been sorted, it is just that Wales is lagging behind.

I would be really really grateful if you would sign the petition to the Prime minister, not particularly because he will act on it because as I've said, the policy and guidelines will be reviewed in the next few years, but because we are guaranteed a positive response, which we can then use to pressurise the council to act NOW for Pete.

Many thanks to any of you who don't know Pete and don't even live in Cardiff- your vote will still count!
Oh, and please only sign it from 1 email address- don't try and trick them or get your partner to sign from the same email as it will only accept 1 vote per email address- so use your work one if necessary!

Thanks, in anticipation of your support

Beth x x

Last edited by BethandAndrew; Feb 6th 2008 at 4:27 am.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Tracy, will be keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow. The weather has been terrible, so here's to hoping that tomorrow is as good as today!

Beth, will sign the petition, have just read it. Read the story the other day, on the BBC local news pages. Very sad.

Hi Tiggs and Graz, Steve and Tina!

Hi Fly Away and Suart, hope you get some joy soon. Wonder if rates will go down this month? Will it make any difference? What's going to happen this year? <Sparky wife musing over the situation...>

I spoke to the EA about our place a couple of weeks ago, said that the only thing they could suggest was doing our back, ahem spending £10000 at least to make a **** tip into a layered **** tip. Yep, our price is very reasonable, they have written in that our first price with them was realistic, we have now dropped a significant percentage since. Happy days indeed.

Last edited by Sparky wife; Feb 6th 2008 at 4:36 am. Reason: Added bit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.