Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Scott
i have a feeling they will be , mind you i don't have many carpets .. think they will bring their own ??
Hi All

Sorry to but in. I have also got house for sale and would like to join in this thread please. I makes you feel your not alone in this streesed situation. Been for sale since Sep had 4 vieweings no offers. Agents want me to drop price but not yet Hubby wont budge. Houses have dropped prices round us and still they are not selling. I keep telling myself its just the time of year and it will sell soon. well another glass of wine makes things better for now.
Julie
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:54 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by corgi
Hi All

Sorry to but in. I have also got house for sale and would like to join in this thread please. I makes you feel your not alone in this streesed situation. Been for sale since Sep had 4 vieweings no offers. Agents want me to drop price but not yet Hubby wont budge. Houses have dropped prices round us and still they are not selling. I keep telling myself its just the time of year and it will sell soon. well another glass of wine makes things better for now.
Julie
Hi Julie , yeah its a frustrating game really , although we not too stressed about as have a bit of time yet .

good luck
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All

Julie
Hi there Julie

It is a stressful situation, and hope you get some joy soon. This time of year is never a good time for selling anyway.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:04 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Why don't you provide some? Glue some carpet onto the bottom of their feet and ask them to shuffle!
my dad cut out and stuck lino inside his shoes as there was a hole in them..he said the rest of the shoe was fine and it was a shame to through them out..

Lasted him another 5 years!! Maybe carpet inside would have been warmer!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Julie
Hi Julie - Welcome to the WPHS thread, the more the merrier! We try and keep each other sane.

Originally Posted by sarab40
my dad cut out and stuck lino inside his shoes as there was a hole in them..he said the rest of the shoe was fine and it was a shame to through them out..

PMSL. You should suggest that to him.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Had a call from the EA today to say that Friday's viewer is going to make an offer on our house at 2.30pm tomorrow. Bit strange that they can be so specific
OH and I have been discussing what we would accept, we don't want to turn down an offer as we are desperate to go now but then again, if we do turn down a low one, they could offer more
Probably shouldn't get our hopes up but really hope this is the one as they have already sold theirs. Fingers crossed!

Hi Julie, good luck with yours, we'll get there in the end
Scott- hope your viewer's not a shuffler!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:19 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

He always had to take his shoes off and place them in the same spot each night though.....
to hide the cut out bits of lino from the floor
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinky2
Had a call from the EA today to say that Friday's viewer is going to make an offer on our house at 2.30pm tomorrow. Bit strange that they can be so specific
OH and I have been discussing what we would accept, we don't want to turn down an offer as we are desperate to go now but then again, if we do turn down a low one, they could offer more
Probably shouldn't get our hopes up but really hope this is the one as they have already sold theirs. Fingers crossed!

WOOHOO!! I hope anyway!

Difficult one eh? If I were in your shoes, I'd do the following;

If they offer you a silly figure, then you must refuse. Any half decent offer, bite their hands off BUT say you will not reduce again what ever happens and want to exchange in 6 weeks to guarantee the price.

Good luck!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He always had to take his shoes off and place them in the same spot each night though.....
to hide the cut out bits of lino from the floor
PMSL. Took me a minute to get that.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dinky2

Awww Dinky...sounds very positive! Hope these ones come through for you

Like the sound of the 6 week exchange too, good idea there.

Will keep everything crossed
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

I got feisty today, apparently the buyers have handed in their missing form (something to do with self cert.) and will have mortgage offer in next 24-48 hours. SOooo I said I am going to Sweden for 3 weeks on 26th jan and want to have completed before then!! that shouldnt be a prob as once mortgage offer is in the only thing outstanding is buyers signing contracts so im not asking miracles right?

Fingers crossed it goes to plan, I really dont want to drag on to February.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Hi all

I got feisty today, apparently the buyers have handed in their missing form (something to do with self cert.) and will have mortgage offer in next 24-48 hours. SOooo I said I am going to Sweden for 3 weeks on 26th jan and want to have completed before then!! that shouldnt be a prob as once mortgage offer is in the only thing outstanding is buyers signing contracts so im not asking miracles right?

Fingers crossed it goes to plan, I really dont want to drag on to February.
More good news! Hopefully you can complete really soon. Are you ready to move?????

Fingers crossed for you.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Im always organised if nothing else
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone just popped in to say if selling is difficult in the UK trying to find a house here that isn't crap is almost impossible and really expensive, but I would want to be in Noosa

Karma being sent to you all tring to sell and get over here. It is great and eveything I thought it would be

See you soon, where do you all wnt to be in Oz?
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Hello Somme.

We are hoping to get to Adelaide sometime in the summer, well asap.

Im nervous about house buying over there I have heard so much negative stuff about how it is so hard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.