Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by somme
Hi everyone just popped in to say if selling is difficult in the UK trying to find a house here that isn't crap is almost impossible and really expensive, but I would want to be in Noosa

Karma being sent to you all tring to sell and get over here. It is great and eveything I thought it would be

See you soon, where do you all wnt to be in Oz?
Hiya Somme!

Sorry to hear that the other end of the process is just as trying. Hope you find something soon. Glad that you are having a good time!!

Forgot to say hoping to be in Adelaide by Summer.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

pominNoosa will become famous soon enough

G'day (hi Somme!) -

Talking to Somme over coffee in Noosa at the weekend , it does seem as though the house prices have gone up significantly in SE Queensland since she was last here. After you've resigned yourself to what the prices are, the actual house buying process is a breeze - much simpler than in the UK at the mo in terms of selling AND buying. In QLD at least it is possible to be in your new house within about 4 weeks.

BUT as I was telling Somme, you have to be v sure about the house you're buying as you get locked into a contract straight away, which is good if you're selling. None of that pratting about that I've experienced several times in the UK.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scott
Hi Julie , yeah its a frustrating game really , although we not too stressed about as have a bit of time yet .

good luck
Hi Scott

Thanks for that . We have a bit of time, but time goes by quick when you want it to go slow.

Julie
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Hi there Julie

It is a stressful situation, and hope you get some joy soon. This time of year is never a good time for selling anyway.
Yes I keep saying that after Jan things will get better and more people will want to buy. That keeps me going ow and a glass of wine or two hepls.

Julie
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Julie - Welcome to the WPHS thread, the more the merrier! We try and keep each other sane.

PMSL. You should suggest that to him.

Hi Fly Away

Yes it helps to talk to other people. And helps to see how things are going for them as well. You dont feel as alone in this. My friends are sick of me asking about houses for sale and how they are doing on there street.

Julie
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dinky2
Had a call from the EA today to say that Friday's viewer is going to make an offer on our house at 2.30pm tomorrow. Bit strange that they can be so specific
OH and I have been discussing what we would accept, we don't want to turn down an offer as we are desperate to go now but then again, if we do turn down a low one, they could offer more
Probably shouldn't get our hopes up but really hope this is the one as they have already sold theirs. Fingers crossed!

Hi Julie, good luck with yours, we'll get there in the end
Scott- hope your viewer's not a shuffler!
Hi Dinky

Good luck tomorrow. I am sending you loads of good luck Karma .Got everything crossed for you.
Julie
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by corgi
Hi Fly Away

Yes it helps to talk to other people. And helps to see how things are going for them as well. You dont feel as alone in this. My friends are sick of me asking about houses for sale and how they are doing on there street.

Julie
LOL, it is obsessive isn't it? Have you got your visa yet? We are still waiting for ours and I think if you have it, it would be worse.

You won't believe what happened to me today. Last week I spent 3 days cleaning my house up for a viewing and then the viewer cancelled 40 mins before.:curse: They booked again for this Thursday and as well as having to clean up where my daughter had a nose bleed on her cream bedroom carpet. I now have a LEAK! We have a bay window on the front of the house which is sandstone with a lead roof, (old house). It has NEVER leaked in all the time we've lived here and guess what, got up this morning to see water seeping through the top of the bay. Curtains soaked and maybe ruined. Forcast is for more rain. Don't know if we can get it fixed before viewing but don't want to cancel the viewing. Oh why does it have to happen now.:curse:
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

OH NOOO FA thats pants. hope you can at least bodge it for now. grrrrrr. these things are sent to try us.:curse:
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gonnago
OH NOOO FA thats pants. hope you can at least bodge it for now. grrrrrr. these things are sent to try us.:curse:
Thanks Hayles, water now pouring through top of bay. OH stuck in traffic jam on way back from builders yard with supplies.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:33 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Oh good luck with the leak Nic. My car has a leak now......hubby has to scoop water out of passenger side floor 3 times a day as the fuse box is there and the elecrics were playing up yesterday :curse:
Anyway.....I have decided that if I could do the visa process pretty much by myself, then I can sell my house by myself too
House been on market since April and have had 2 EA at seperate times, with only 1 viewing!!!
Wrote to our EA giving formal notice to end our contract
They were charging £3000 + VAT if they sold.
Decided to sell the house myself now.............EA even admitted to me that 90% of their sales are from the internet advertising...........so I have signed up with 'mypropertyforsale' and have paid £139 to go on all the major house selling sites......and that's it!!! Massive saving of over £3300!!!!! (if I sell of course).
I had to do the write up myself and put the photos on, but after attaching over 60 documents to my online visa application is was a piece of p*ss!!!
Had over 2000 hits yesterday!!!!
Wish me luck,
Beth x x
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Oh good luck with the leak Nic. My car has a leak now......hubby has to scoop water out of passenger side floor 3 times a day as the fuse box is there and the elecrics were playing up yesterday :curse:
Anyway.....I have decided that if I could do the visa process pretty much by myself, then I can sell my house by myself too
House been on market since April and have had 2 EA at seperate times, with only 1 viewing!!!
Wrote to our EA giving formal notice to end our contract
They were charging £3000 + VAT if they sold.
Decided to sell the house myself now.............EA even admitted to me that 90% of their sales are from the internet advertising...........so I have signed up with 'mypropertyforsale' and have paid £139 to go on all the major house selling sites......and that's it!!! Massive saving of over £3300!!!!! (if I sell of course).
I had to do the write up myself and put the photos on, but after attaching over 60 documents to my online visa application is was a piece of p*ss!!!
Had over 2000 hits yesterday!!!!
Wish me luck,
Beth x x
Good luck Beth! If you save £3K, you can afford to negotiate a bit of that too - which makes your house more attractive. We told our viewers that we would discount half the EA's fee on top of the negotiated price - which seems fair.

We were on privately with 'House ladder' when we were between agents. (The first agent said we had to go 3 months without another agent or they would still charge us commission on any sale the other agent made and yes it was in the contract.:curse We had lots of viewings and one offer - which fell through. We have only signed with an agent now in a bid to increase advertising etc and if one of the people who viewed comes back and buys we don't have to pay commission to the EA - we had that written into the contract!

OH back now and up on a ladder - at least it is only a single storey bay. I think we can botch it temporarily but don't know if we can dry the wallpaper out in time. Today I'll have to find a lead roofer - hard to come by.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Good luck Beth. Its true the internet is the first place people look for their houses these days. What a fab saving if it pulls through for you.

Fly-its a shame the christmas decs had to come down, you could have hidden the problem area under a massive piece of mistletoe seriously though hope you manage to get it sorted. This Viewer had better put in an offer after all the trouble they are putting you to.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Good luck Beth. Its true the internet is the first place people look for their houses these days. What a fab saving if it pulls through for you.

Fly-its a shame the christmas decs had to come down, you could have hidden the problem area under a massive piece of mistletoe seriously though hope you manage to get it sorted. This Viewer had better put in an offer after all the trouble they are putting you to.
Good idea with the decs

OH has stopped the leak now, just hope silicone sealer will hold for a few days. Now trying to find the dehumidifier and some fan heaters to dry the wall out. At least it hadn't been going for long and my curtains soaked most of it up. They are ruined - the colour has run from the green lining into the yellow curtains. I made the things too as the window is a non - standard length and you can't get curtains for it. sigh.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Hi everyone just popped in to say if selling is difficult in the UK trying to find a house here that isn't crap is almost impossible and really expensive, but I would want to be in Noosa

Karma being sent to you all tring to sell and get over here. It is great and eveything I thought it would be

Hi Somme

The Gold Coast for us!!! I can remember last time we were in Oz we had difficulty finding something we liked - they were either astonomical waterfront mansions or very dated and needed gutting. We managed to find a lovely house but it needed a new bathroom/kitchen/en-suite as it had fish on the tiles!!!!!
Glad your loving Noosa, my friend over there is on holiday up that way next week - I am sat in wet and grey Bradford at work dreaming........
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Hi Somme , not heard from you for .... ages

pleased you guys doin good ,

take it easy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.