Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:00 pm
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Good luck with the plan! Hopefully the two you've given notice to will try a lot harder to get you a sale before their contract ends.

We're only with one EA. Around here no one is multi agency - the EA even told me specifically that they wouldn't consider it. Don't know if there have been problems between the agencies - sounds like it.

My news is that the cream carpet my daughter had a nose bleed on looks like we killed a pig on it. That's another £60 to the carpet cleaning company. GRRR

Oh no FlyAway!!!
I've got light carpets here too, and light beige...nightmare city!!!
nag nag to kids.."take your shoes off,dont put that on the floor, ..." and always hoovering!! And I steamcleaned bedroom ones last weekend..now dont look any different!!

Then The Boy was sick this week on the lounge carpet...I was met with the biggest pile...he apologised, but after carpet cleaner, weak bleach sprayed everywhere etc , still smells abit!!
Was concerned the cat wouldnt get to the mess before me to clean it up himself.........YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarab40
Oh no FlyAway!!!
I've got light carpets here too, and light beige...nightmare city!!!
nag nag to kids.."take your shoes off,dont put that on the floor, ..." and always hoovering!! And I steamcleaned bedroom ones last weekend..now dont look any different!!

Then The Boy was sick this week on the lounge carpet...I was met with the biggest pile...he apologised, but after carpet cleaner, weak bleach sprayed everywhere etc , still smells abit!!
Was concerned the cat wouldnt get to the mess before me to clean it up himself.........YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PMSL. At least it's not just me.

We used to live in a house with polished wood floors and it was so easy to keep clean. We moved here 3 years ago and it was fitted with pale carpets by an older couple with grown up children. They are not to our taste and we were planning to polish the floors before decided to emigrate. Now, we put up with them.

Since we put the house on the market. The small girl has tipped a full cup of coffee on the living room carpet, been sick on her bedroom carpet and the spare bedroom carpet and now has had a nose bleed on her bedroom carpet. AGHHHH. At least the cat didn't try to eat the sick.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:27 pm
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

We used to live in a house with polished wood floors and it was so easy to keep clean. We moved here 3 years ago and it was fitted with pale carpets by an older couple with grown up children. They are not to our taste and we were planning to polish the floors before decided to emigrate. Now, we put up with them.

Since we put the house on the market. The small girl has tipped a full cup of coffee on the living room carpet, been sick on her bedroom carpet and the spare bedroom carpet and now has had a nose bleed on her bedroom carpet. AGHHHH. At least the cat didn't try to eat the sick.
Yes,the cream carpets look great but........!!
I have a cream leather sofa too......amazing how dirty it gets, especially when the boys in jeans.....
when it was new I used to tell them to sit on a towel so the colour didnt come off onto the sofa!!!!!!!!!
Then next doors cat would come into our house (tempted in by my kids!)and he clawed all up the side(I had had the sofa 3 weeks!!)....Our kitten came along..and literally pulledhimself along the bottom and top of the sofas with his claws.......NICE!!:curse::curse:

KIDS AND PETS EH??
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Oh No - Nightmare!!! We have a really good colour carpet - my inlaws are upholsterers and carpet fitters so mum in law advised a lovely wool carpet that is very forgiving - what did my little bleeders do - got an airfix kit for Christmas and got it out from its box and decided to sneakit upstairs to do on the bed - managed to drop the black pot without realising and left it!!!!! It looked like tar! Scrubbed and scrubbed and it came off nearly but still a mark - carpet had been down less than 3 weeks at the time.

As for the outdoor play, I work for a local authority and they encourage it - to me it seems bonkers as who wants to go out in the peeing down rain and snow, but they look at these kids in Norway and Sweden who play out all weathers - they are kitted out in waterproof gear though, and they seem to think we should do it also. I think its to ensure that some of the inner city kids who - due to various reasons - dont get the chance to play out, get some form of play and fun in their little lives, and due to our rubbish weather, they think what the hell, put a coat on!!!!

Good luck everyone. My friend, who had her house on themarket for about 13 months, sold on Xmas Eve and my boss has just sold after a few days so hopefully things are shifting!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. I feel better now that it isn't just me who seems to have everything destroyed. I think I am pretty obsessive as my Mother was too. I HATE it when something is broken or damaged. I was that child whose toys were always put away neatly and they were always clean and never broken. If other children came to play I would be worried that they would damage something. I even sort my dters lego into graded containers by size. I'm just a sad individual.

Good luck to everyone - hope Johull is right and the market is picking up. A house down the road went up as 'sold' a couple of days ago - that makes 2 in the last 6 weeks. Better than it was though.

Good luck to Dinky with their viewing today!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:17 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pominNoosa
Oh you're one of those parents aaarrggghhh!!!

pominNoosa (primary school teacher )
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! With all the stress of everything at the moment, my daughter being dripping wet set me off!!!! I'm normally reasonably calm (ish!!!) but yesterday my mouth just wouldn't stop......LOL...It just all came out
Beth x x
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! With all the stress of everything at the moment, my daughter being dripping wet set me off!!!! I'm normally reasonably calm (ish!!!) but yesterday my mouth just wouldn't stop......LOL...It just all came out
Beth x x
Ha Ha I have those days quite often, come home and shoes and coats everywhere, trying to get in at 5.45 make tea, put some washing in - make sure both kids are doing homework and not sneaking off on XBOX 360, hubby catching up on the sport on Sky when he gets in, I could scream!!!! Pressures of life - its not you!

We are waiting to get our upstairs windows in butgale force winds keep holdig things up - nightmare - we have lovely new ones on the ground floor and the old ones upstairs - hope no one comes to look - it looks really odd!!!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:39 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johull
Ha Ha I have those days quite often, come home and shoes and coats everywhere, trying to get in at 5.45 make tea, put some washing in - make sure both kids are doing homework and not sneaking off on XBOX 360, hubby catching up on the sport on Sky when he gets in, I could scream!!!! Pressures of life - its not you!

We are waiting to get our upstairs windows in butgale force winds keep holdig things up - nightmare - we have lovely new ones on the ground floor and the old ones upstairs - hope no one comes to look - it looks really odd!!!
Glad it's not just me....ha ha ha It's a very noisy house here......one daughter practising her violin, one practising her cornet, one on her electric keyboard......and the little one watching 'Peppa Pig' at full volume
Kids always knocking the door so I end up with a houseful of kids
I just turned the tv on and now have Kerrang channel on to blast away my frustrations....hee hee
Beth x x
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Glad it's not just me....ha ha ha It's a very noisy house here......one daughter practising her violin, one practising her cornet, one on her electric keyboard......and the little one watching 'Peppa Pig' at full volume
Kids always knocking the door so I end up with a houseful of kids
I just turned the tv on and now have Kerrang channel on to blast away my frustrations....hee hee
Beth x x
Poor you - bet you feel really strange when you get the house to yourself and its all quiet!! Whenever ours go to grandparents and we are going out the house feels so quiet and empty - god knows what we will do when they all fly the nest!!!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:44 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Poor you - bet you feel really strange when you get the house to yourself and its all quiet!! Whenever ours go to grandparents and we are going out the house feels so quiet and empty - god knows what we will do when they all fly the nest!!!
They'll have kids and then we have to babysit!!!!!!
Beth x x
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

They'll have kids and then we have to babysit!!!!!!
Beth x x
Ha Ha probably - whats your situation - would take ages to go through the whole of the thread. We have been on market since beginning of November and not a dicky bird. Had one viewer who made appointments twice - and didnt show up for either!!!!! Since then nothing. EA has suggested leaving it for another month or so then dropping. Really pees me off though as we get very little feedback - not even a monthly update of any interest shown etc. The first advert that went into the local district paper had the price as 30k higher than it actually is!!!!!

What is thr proceedure if you change agents - does anyone know the standard charges etc
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:55 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Ha Ha probably - whats your situation - would take ages to go through the whole of the thread. We have been on market since beginning of November and not a dicky bird. Had one viewer who made appointments twice - and didnt show up for either!!!!! Since then nothing. EA has suggested leaving it for another month or so then dropping. Really pees me off though as we get very little feedback - not even a monthly update of any interest shown etc. The first advert that went into the local district paper had the price as 30k higher than it actually is!!!!!

What is thr proceedure if you change agents - does anyone know the standard charges etc
LOL.......put our house on market in APRIL 07!!!!!!!!!!!!! Changed EA in Oct and also did the HIP pack to try to please any viewers. Only had one viewer so far :curse:
Dropped the price about 5 times now.......currently at £169,950 today.........started at £195,000......then £189,950 then lower and lower
My 16 week contract ends with this EA on Jan 22nd......and they just need 2 weeks notice in writing to end our agreement with no charges.
Beth x x
Old Jan 11th 2008, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

monmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura about

LOL.......put our house on market in APRIL 07!!!!!!!!!!!!! Changed EA in Oct and also did the HIP pack to try to please any viewers. Only had one viewer so far :curse:
Dropped the price about 5 times now.......currently at £169,950 today.........started at £195,000......then £189,950 then lower and lower
My 16 week contract ends with this EA on Jan 22nd......and they just need 2 weeks notice in writing to end our agreement with no charges.
Beth x x
yippee...got a viewing sunday
Old Jan 11th 2008, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by monmar
yippee...got a viewing sunday
Woohoo!! Fingers crossed for you!

Are you Stuckinblighty's other half or maybe I've got it wrong.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 5:40 am

manc in exile is an unknown quantity at this point

So have we on monday !!! who says the housing market is dead, people always need somewhere to live, good luck to everyone out there !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.