Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Hayles!

Just sitting here steeling myself for the final clean before the viewing. I've had 2 cups of coffee already and really should make a start.

Great news re the ack AND the exchange!! Good luck comes in 3s so expect something else. We had 2 pieces of good news yesterday so hopefully this viewer will bring the 3rd!

I hope it's a lucky day for all of us!
Hi!!!

Havent been on for a while - did my back in at New Year. Had a lovely New Years Eve break at Centre Parcs, came back all refreshed and bam - carried too many shopping bags as the wind and rain were beating against me and did my back in!!!

Ooohh I hope your good luck does come in 3's!!!! My boss put her house up for sale last Friday and sold in on Monday!!!! She is off today as the surveyors are coming!! How lucky is that! There are still buyers out there - I just hope your person today is one of them.

We still havent had a sniff - still some little jobs to do so will get on with them and I have now got to the stage of thinking what will be will be.

I dont want to get too down about it or look desperate - I live in a nice house and have resigned myself to thinking that when it happens it will happen. I got really down about it before Christmas and dont want to spend the next 3-4 months in a depression.

What time is your viewer expected - I havent had time to read back too much on the thread - I am in work and keep checking!!!!

Good Luck!! I am crossing my fingers and toes for you!!!!!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Johull.

Viewer due at 1.30pm. So I have the morning to finish the cleaning. had to leave the kitchen and living room until today as OH and DD can not keep them clean. I will go out during the viewing as I am sick of silly questions, I'll let the EA deal with them. So I probably won't know how it went for a few hours.

Your house is lovely and you will get a buyer. It's just so frustrating not being able to plan anything isn't it?. If you knew that the house would sell in May, for example, you would just relax and accept it.

Sorry to hear about your back - does that mean no housework for a while? (See everything has a silver lining.)

Take care and hope the new year brings some viewers for you.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Thanks Johull.

Viewer due at 1.30pm. So I have the morning to finish the cleaning. had to leave the kitchen and living room until today as OH and DD can not keep them clean. I will go out during the viewing as I am sick of silly questions, I'll let the EA deal with them. So I probably won't know how it went for a few hours.

Your house is lovely and you will get a buyer. It's just so frustrating not being able to plan anything isn't it?. If you knew that the house would sell in May, for example, you would just relax and accept it.

Sorry to hear about your back - does that mean no housework for a while? (See everything has a silver lining.)

Take care and hope the new year brings some viewers for you.
Thanks

Will the EA ring you with feedback asap?? Your prob doing the right thing going out of the way - make them earn their money! I am still doing housework - just have to bend very slowly!! I have 3 sons and obvioulsy my husband is male and they seem not to notice undies and mucky socks thrown on bedrooms floors and bathrooms!! Its like they are invisible to the male eye. Still trying to train them but just get called grumpy - or off other half - is it that time again!!!!!

I do hope things happen for you and you can move on xxx

Jo
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

:curse:Bugger, damn, bugger.:curse:

EA just phoned, the woman has postponed the viewing until this time next week as her daughter is ill.:curse::curse:

Apparently she has booked to view 3 houses, which is worrying too - obviously just started looking and working out what is around.

Call me a pessimist but this has completely convinced me that this is not the buyer we need.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:34 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

:curse:Bugger, damn, bugger.:curse:

EA just phoned, the woman has postponed the viewing until this time next week as her daughter is ill.:curse::curse:

Apparently she has booked to view 3 houses, which is worrying too - obviously just started looking and working out what is around.

Call me a pessimist but this has completely convinced me that this is not the buyer we need.
Know what you mean.....the only viewer we had viewed 3 houses too......and didn't buy any!!!
OMG.....Radio 1 news just said the interest rate isn't going down....staying at 5.5%......BOO HOO!!!!!!
Beth x x
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Know what you mean.....the only viewer we had viewed 3 houses too......and didn't buy any!!!
OMG.....Radio 1 news just said the interest rate isn't going down....staying at 5.5%......BOO HOO!!!!!!
Beth x x
Thanks Beth

Can't believe they didn't put the rate down - especially after M&S bleating about a drop in their profts. yesterday.:curse: So much for good luck coming in 3s.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:24 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Not selling a house, but HAVE been there so know what it's like.

We sold our house in 06 for £33k under it's original valuation as we HAD to get goin ...

Best of luck to everyone! ...
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:25 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

QUOTE]

Ours been on market a month (bad weather /time of year I know) - yet no enquiries.

135 k , toppo for first time buyer and all furniture thrown in !

Depressing.....boo hoo.

Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

We sold our house in 06 for £33k under it's original valuation as we HAD to get goin ...

Thanks Paul. I reckon those of us selling right now are going to have to accept lower offers. We've already reduced the price of ours by 8%. Might have to reduce again.

Originally Posted by mindblower
QUOTE]

Ours been on market a month (bad weather /time of year I know) - yet no enquiries.

135 k , toppo for first time buyer and all furniture thrown in !

Depressing.....boo hoo.

Bloomin depressing isn't it? Nobody out there looking. It should pick up soon - well that's what I keep telling myself anyway.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:32 am
Account Closed

Thanks Paul. I reckon those of us selling right now are going to have to accept lower offers. We've already reduced the price of ours by 8%. Might have to reduce again.
Yeah I feel for you ...

We had to get goin as I say or our daughter would be too old by the time we apply for PR and she'd have to make her own application.

We dropped, and we dropped, and in the end accepted a poor offer as we was just desperate to get goin.

Crossing fingers for you all! ...
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:35 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

Hi......apart from knocking £20k off already we have now decided to possibly move to Qld.......so everything is up in the air again!!!!
My head is spinning with all sorts right now........
Beth x x
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:38 am
Account Closed

we have now decided to possibly move to Qld
You MUST be desperate! ...

You've heard it MANY times before I'm sure, but it WILL happen! ... just hold in there! ...
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi......apart from knocking £20k off already we have now decided to possibly move to Qld.......so everything is up in the air again!!!!
My head is spinning with all sorts right now........
Beth x x
PMSL!!!! Is there anywhere in Oz you haven't considered moving now Beth?

If I were you, I'd travel around a bit when you get there and have a good look at as many places as you can - I bet you you end up somewhere you haven't considered.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Hi all,

Just been reading back on a few posts. I feel for you fly away especially as you had done all that cleaning but what a clean and tidy house you have now.

Well now news from me no viewers enquiries nothing. Have spoke to all EA's (on with 3) and they have all said its picking up but only the lower end of the market for now. We have decided to wait until next friday and if nothing then we will drop price for 1 final time and then thats it :curse:

Have booked flights now for 27th March, but am trying to sort out what we will do if house doesnt sell and who to leave in charge of it. Theres no way that we are renting it out.......been there done that and it was a nightmare :curse:
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spaceys
(on with 3)
Oooooo! ... not so sure that's a good thing you know!

Personally I'm no expert but brother in law own's a successful EA co in NW London and told us we were nuts to go with more than one agent! ... something about people seeing your house everywhere and it being flooded. As long as your EA links up to Yourmove or Rightmove ... sommit like that! ... you'll be right!

Most people these days view online and if they're seeing your house on with heaps of agents you look desperate ... even if you are! ... and people will wonder why?

worth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.