Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Hi Spaceys,

Yes my house is lovely and clean - I just came in and it smelt lovely. What a waste. I have raw hands, a bad back and housemaids knee and now I've got to do it all over again next Wednesday.:curse:

Good plan re dropping the price - we are waiting until after this viewing and then we may do the same. I know what you mean about renting - it is a worry - although we have a flat which we rent out and have had lovely clean and trustworthy tenants. I do handpick them myself though - which an agency wouldn't do. Do you have a friend or family member you could trust - maybe pay a small fee to, to come into the house and dust etc to keep it looking at it's best? That's what I'd do.

Good luck with the selling - although they didn't drop the interest rate, I heard on the radio news just now that they are now saying they'll drop it next month due to retail pressure. It can only help.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:49 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
PMSL!!!! Is there anywhere in Oz you haven't considered moving now Beth?

If I were you, I'd travel around a bit when you get there and have a good look at as many places as you can - I bet you you end up somewhere you haven't considered.
Haha.....yes Darwin & Canberra!!!!
Had one of my 'not keeping my mouth shut' days today My 3 year old was dripping wet at hometime, due to this new shit the welsh assembly have brought in about kids have to play outside in all weathers!!! Had the teacher and the headmaster in the office and I told them exactly what I thought about it!!! Told the teacher who did she think she was deciding that my daughter could get that wet and then not have any spare clothes for her. The head didn't know what to say either!!! Told them I thought it was totally unacceptable and I wasn't happy at all.
I ended it by telling them my daughter would not be taking part in any wet activities if suitable dry clothes hadn't been requested to be brought in from home.
THEN I got home and thought WTF.....and rang the EA. Told them that they haven't put my house in the local paper since November and what the hell am I paying them for. Agreed to reduce the price yet again and made them put my house in the paper at the earliest convenience.
Also got them to change the wording about my house......may attract some more attention......so 'I' told them what to write about it......LOL
Asked them to update the online advert within the hour......and I would check it later to see if I was happy with it.
Totally lost the plot today.........my mouth has gone into over-drive, but hey, do I look bovered?!!!!
I am now selling my house for the absolute minimum I would hope to get for it.....if it don't sell now I'll do a Britney Spears leg restraint and all!!!
Feeling heaps better after releasing all that stress......maybe I should do it more often...hee hee
Deep breath in.........hold........and out!!!!!!
Beth x x
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Haha.....yes Darwin & Canberra!!!!
Had one of my 'not keeping my mouth shut' days today My 3 year old was dripping wet at hometime, due to this new shit the welsh assembly have brought in about kids have to play outside in all weathers!!! Had the teacher and the headmaster in the office and I told them exactly what I thought about it!!! Told the teacher who did she think she was deciding that my daughter could get that wet and then not have any spare clothes for her. The head didn't know what to say either!!! Told them I thought it was totally unacceptable and I wasn't happy at all.
I ended it by telling them my daughter would not be taking part in any wet activities if suitable dry clothes hadn't been requested to be brought in from home.
THEN I got home and thought WTF.....and rang the EA. Told them that they haven't put my house in the local paper since November and what the hell am I paying them for. Agreed to reduce the price yet again and made them put my house in the paper at the earliest convenience.
Also got them to change the wording about my house......may attract some more attention......so 'I' told them what to write about it......LOL
Asked them to update the online advert within the hour......and I would check it later to see if I was happy with it.
Totally lost the plot today.........my mouth has gone into over-drive, but hey, do I look bovered?!!!!
I am now selling my house for the absolute minimum I would hope to get for it.....if it don't sell now I'll do a Britney Spears leg restraint and all!!!
Feeling heaps better after releasing all that stress......maybe I should do it more often...hee hee
Deep breath in.........hold........and out!!!!!!
Beth x x
Go Beth, Go Beth, Go Beth!!

Woohoo, go for it Beth. I don't blame you for going off on one at the teachers. I hope they apologised! My 7 year old gets to watch Disney films or play games in the gym if it's 'wet play'. They never make them go outside - and our school is in Wales too!! Are you sure it's not just the school talking rubbish?

Great job with the EA. Mind you I had to get mine to make major revisions to the description and even now it's not great. You'd better bloomin sell it now girl!!!

Are we to expect Darwin next then? Very wet like Wales!!!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 5:03 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Very wet like Wales!!!
Hey I'm a Taffy as a 1/4 Welsh so watch it! ...
Old Jan 10th 2008, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Hey I'm a Taffy as a 1/4 Welsh so watch it! ...
Well I'm a bit more Welsh than you then cos I live in Wales and I'm approximately 6 eigteenths Welsh and the rest is English and Dutch.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear about that Fly Away.

Especially when you done all that cleaning .

Hope there's good news soon for everyone.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Sorry to hear about that Fly Away.

Especially when you done all that cleaning .

Hope there's good news soon for everyone.
Thanks! It was very annoying as she only gave us 40 mins notice. I suppose it could have been worse - she postponed rather than cancelled but you know someone who does that isn't going to be a good buyer anyway.

The next crisis is currently underway. Little FlyAway has just had a nose bleed all over her (cream) bedroom carpet. This is the same bit of carpet that she was sick on just before another viewing and we had to hire a carpet cleaner. OH is currently trying to clean it up. I just hope we don't have to hire another carpet cleaner.

How is your oh's Gran? Have you got any news? hope she's getting better.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks! It was very annoying as she only gave us 40 mins notice. I suppose it could have been worse - she postponed rather than cancelled but you know someone who does that isn't going to be a good buyer anyway.

Oh, that must have been very frustrating and disappointing for you. Read what you said earlier, with her looking at other properties, am certain that is how it has been with our viewers so far. But they'll be back I tell myself...and they'll be very, very sorry-because it will have sold!!!!!

The next crisis is currently underway. Little FlyAway has just had a nose bleed all over her (cream) bedroom carpet. This is the same bit of carpet that she was sick on just before another viewing and we had to hire a carpet cleaner. OH is currently trying to clean it up. I just hope we don't have to hire another carpet cleaner.

Hope Little Fly Away is ok, and the carpet too Hope it all comes out. I'm always amazed by how much blood can come out from a nose bleed!

Thanks for that although she's not good unfortunately, we saw her tonight. Strangely, she had improved by 10pm last night but then took another turn for the worst today. Docs did say that only 5% of people with her condition make it through OH says he wishes he hadn't gone...he is adamant about that. I guess we are all different.

I don't quite know when to say about us leaving...FIL is very cut up about his mum (has been on a downer for quite a while tbh, long time before us going to Aus). It will be well into Feb me thinks.

Will be keeping everything crossed. Did you hear about that Qantas flight to Bangkok?

Last edited by Sparky wife; Jan 10th 2008 at 9:22 am.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry about that...have no idea why the quote facility always goes wrong when I use it. It has put some of my writing in the quote area and the other half down below??
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:41 am
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

even more cleaning
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry to hear about OH's Gran. I'm glad that he went to see her. Even if he doesn't feel good about it now, his family will appreciate it. Obviously it will be a while before you can tell them. It must be very difficult. Sending positive thoughts to get through this difficult time.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CarolineW
even more cleaning
LOL. I know. Just sat down after dinner to watch TV and it all kicked off. Washing machine going now. Could seriously do with some rest tonight - off to bed in a minute and little one STILL awake.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

pominNoosa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Had the teacher and the headmaster in the office and I told them exactly what I thought about it!!! Told the teacher who did she think she was deciding that my daughter could get that wet and then not have any spare clothes for her. The head didn't know what to say either!!! Told them I thought it was totally unacceptable and I wasn't happy at all.
Oh you're one of those parents aaarrggghhh!!!

pominNoosa (primary school teacher )
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Well am going to write to two of the EA's this week end and give them 1 months notice as they dont bother to contact us at all. :curse:

Think will stick with just 1 EA as a previous poster said (sorry cant remember who ) that most people look on right move anyway.

Right have decided thats the plan
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spaceys
Well am going to write to two of the EA's this week end and give them 1 months notice as they dont bother to contact us at all. :curse:

Think will stick with just 1 EA as a previous poster said (sorry cant remember who ) that most people look on right move anyway.

Right have decided thats the plan
Good luck with the plan! Hopefully the two you've given notice to will try a lot harder to get you a sale before their contract ends.

We're only with one EA. Around here no one is multi agency - the EA even told me specifically that they wouldn't consider it. Don't know if there have been problems between the agencies - sounds like it.

My news is that the cream carpet my daughter had a nose bleed on looks like we killed a pig on it. That's another £60 to the carpet cleaning company. GRRR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.