Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
PMSL. Bet he's short, ugly and broke! Not your type at all! Although if he has money, you might make an exception.

It's the Aussie accent on the phone. CORRR.

Evening DTP! Graz is a bloke and he makes the odd appearance on here. (Odd being the operative word!!)

How are you today??
DTP !!! Like it!!! Yeah I know Graz is around with Tiggs somewhere! I'm fine thanks - hope you are too?
Oh you would love my Australian accent then???
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Reedy
Evening Dan - how's you???

Lau xx
I'm good ta Lau and how about yourself? Any luck?
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:41 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Fly Away;5588336]
Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky

You say that now!

The first time I flew to Oz, I went the long way via USA and NZ - 36 hours in economy. I was met off the plane by my whole family. Who took pictures. Now, the picture of me coming through the airport doors with lanky, knotty hair is up on the wall of my cousins house....................

Moral of the story, put your hair in a plait when you fly!
got ya

Originally Posted by daunted
4 more sleeps can you tell Im excited?
nah, omg 4 sleeps ( thats how i explain to my children how longs left) are you all set?

Originally Posted by somme
Hi everyone MIL scrubbed every pair of shoes bless her with Maff disinfectant virkons

$ still at 2.36 did you phone W2BT?

Just seperating what needs to go in container and what is going in the suitcase

Talk to you lot tomorrow
nope didnt get round to caling them, must do tomorrow though if its still the same,
i hope the smell of bleach wears of before you wear them

LOL. My Ozforex guy is a real flirt. I think it's in the job description! Maybe if yours is in Perth, you can check him out!!!
i got a girl, cant even remember her name
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
DTP !!! Like it!!! Yeah I know Graz is around with Tiggs somewhere! I'm fine thanks - hope you are too?
Oh you would love my Australian accent then???
Have you got an Aussie accent then - thought you only spent a couple of years out there. Although, I must say, I 'get' an accent as soon as I speak to someone with it. Currently I'm battling with a Brummie/Manc/Welsh hybrid

[QUOTE=want2bthere;5589041]

got ya

Did you get your hair chopped in the end???

nah, omg 4 sleeps ( thats how i explain to my children how longs left) are you all set?

nope didnt get round to caling them, must do tomorrow though if its still the same,
i hope the smell of bleach wears of before you wear them

PMSL!! We will be identifiable as immigrants by the smell of our foot wear!

i got a girl, cant even remember her name
What a shame, ring up and ask for a guy!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Fly Away;5589080]Have you got an Aussie accent then - thought you only spent a couple of years out there. Although, I must say, I 'get' an accent as soon as I speak to someone with it. Currently I'm battling with a Brummie/Manc/Welsh hybrid

Originally Posted by want2bthere

Try ten years!!! + the 6 years from birth to being dragged to this dump!!!
Brummie Manc Welsh is definately NOT good
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Dan the Plumber;5589088]
Have you got an Aussie accent then - thought you only spent a couple of years out there. Although, I must say, I 'get' an accent as soon as I speak to someone with it. Currently I'm battling with a Brummie/Manc/Welsh hybrid

Try ten years!!! + the 6 years from birth to being dragged to this dump!!!
Brummie Manc Welsh is definately NOT good
Apparently my welsh accent is quite strong but my voice is soft

Lau xx
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Fly Away;5589080]Have you got an Aussie accent then - thought you only spent a couple of years out there. Although, I must say, I 'get' an accent as soon as I speak to someone with it. Currently I'm battling with a Brummie/Manc/Welsh hybrid

Originally Posted by want2bthere

Oh and don't get the horrible 'Pommie Australian accent' where every sentance is turned up at the end but in an English accent!!!!! Saw(?) heard it all the time its sinful!!!!:curse:
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Reedy;5589093]

Apparently my welsh accent is quite strong but my voice is soft

Lau xx
OOps!!
Welsh is nice on its own just not with a mix of Manchester and Birmingham
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:59 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

evening all!

Evening DTP! Graz is a bloke and he makes the odd appearance on here. (Odd being the operative word!!)

Graz is currently out driving round in our (hopefully soon to be ex) car with our the nice people who are (hopefully) going to buy it
They have just driven about 2 hours to get here to look at it so they must be pretty serious

Currently I'm battling with a Brummie/Manc/Welsh hybrid
i cant even start to imagine what that sounds like
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Dan the Plumber;5589098]
Originally Posted by Reedy

OOps!!
Welsh is nice on its own just not with a mix of Manchester and Birmingham
I used to work on a telephone advice line and had men from Scotland and Ireland calling me to hear my voice....

I used to think if you could actually see me you wouldn't be so keen to phone...

Lau x
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
evening all!

Graz is currently out driving round in our (hopefully soon to be ex) car with our the nice people who are (hopefully) going to buy it
They have just driven about 2 hours to get here to look at it so they must be pretty serious

Fingers crossed for you!!

i cant even start to imagine what that sounds like
Apparently it's distinctive! I never have to tell anybody who it is on the phone!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:08 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently it's distinctive! I never have to tell anybody who it is on the phone!
a unique accent just for you!

i certainly cant complain about anyone elses accent - seeing as i am a geordie
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
a unique accent just for you!

i certainly cant complain about anyone elses accent - seeing as i am a geordie
I did training once in Newcastle in a Brewer's Fayre and spent the whole time mortified as I couldn't understand them

They could understand every word that I said - there was one Liverpudlian who had to translate every sentence for me.... You know when you want the ground to just open up and swallow you

Lau xx
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Reedy;5589107]

I used to work on a telephone advice line and had men from Scotland and Ireland calling me to hear my voice....

I used to think if you could actually see me you wouldn't be so keen to phone...

Lau x
telephone 'advice line' eh????????

Oh and don't put yourself down!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Christ Tiggs are you out of here in only 14 days?????? Lucky bastards!!!
Pity you're off to Adelaide though..... Gaawwwd did I just say that??!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.