Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Have to say that i tend to crumble at the sound of an aussie male speaking........

come to think of it i do at a scottish accent too

oh AND an Irish accent no hope for me then

Tiggs has graz returned with lots of cash but no car yet???
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Reedy;5589107]
Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber

I used to work on a telephone advice line and had men from Scotland and Ireland calling me to hear my voice....

I used to think if you could actually see me you wouldn't be so keen to phone...

Lau x
Advice line! PMSL. What advice were you giving these 'gentlemen'???

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
a unique accent just for you!

i certainly cant complain about anyone elses accent - seeing as i am a geordie
Wait until I speak to you - after half an hour I'll have a Geordie twang too. It's going to confuse the hell out of the Ozzies if we are ever all in the same place at the same time.

Originally Posted by Reedy
I did training once in Newcastle in a Brewer's Fayre and spent the whole time mortified as I couldn't understand them

They could understand every word that I said - there was one Liverpudlian who had to translate every sentence for me.... You know when you want the ground to just open up and swallow you

Lau xx
PMSL.

I lived in Liverpool for 3 years too...... I bet I've got a bit of scouse too - although when I lived there, I shared a flat with an Irish girl and got her accent too!

[QUOTE=Dan the Plumber;5589159]

telephone 'advice line' eh????????
Oh and don't put yourself down!!!
That's what I thought AND I'll have you know, I am told that I sound quite posh!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Christ Tiggs are you out of here in only 14 days?????? Lucky bastards!!!
Pity you're off to Adelaide though..... Gaawwwd did I just say that??!!!!
We could go off you DTP. Tiggs, Gonnago and I are off to Adelaide!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by daunted
Have to say that i tend to crumble at the sound of an aussie male speaking........

oh AND an Irish accent no hope for me then

Not just me then! Obviously the Ozforex guys just appeal to us!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm good ta Lau and how about yourself? Any luck?
Sold the house should be complete by Xmas...

Might have to consider moving to Sydney rather than Melbourne if Dunc gets offered a job there...... Which is a bit strange...

But I have to be careful 'cos Nic thinks I have forgot

L xx
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Might have to consider moving to Sydney rather than Melbourne if Dunc gets offered a job there...... Which is a bit strange...

L xx
I thought I told you to forget.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I thought I told you to forget.
Selective amnesia
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

We could go off you DTP. Tiggs, Gonnago and I are off to Adelaide!
No its wonderful really......so...er.....interesting
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Selective amnesia
Must have banged your head!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

L xx
Wow well done didn't know that! I think I am the only one left with a house no one wants to buy!!!! Anyone?????? Ppppllllllllleeeeeaasssseee
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, it will be when we get there!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow well done didn't know that! I think I am the only one left with a house no one wants to buy!!!! Anyone?????? Ppppllllllllleeeeeaasssseee
No you're not, still haven't sold mine.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:38 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

I did training once in Newcastle in a Brewer's Fayre and spent the whole time mortified as I couldn't understand them

They could understand every word that I said - there was one Liverpudlian who had to translate every sentence for me.... You know when you want the ground to just open up and swallow you

Lau xx
where in newcastle where you?
i'm not difficult to understand (being from Whitley Bay i have a softer version of the accent)
i worked with a lad who was from the west end - and he used to have to transfer people on the phone from 'down south' to me 'cause they couldnt understand a word he was saying

Christ Tiggs are you out of here in only 14 days?????? Lucky bastards!!!
Pity you're off to Adelaide though..... Gaawwwd did I just say that??!!!!
14 days OMG i am never going to be ready

Originally Posted by daunted

oh AND an Irish accent - no hope for me then

No we still have a car ......... but we also have a deposit
YAY they are picking it up next thursday - another thing done and off the list!!

Wait until I speak to you - after half an hour I'll have a Geordie twang too. It's going to confuse the hell out of the Ozzies if we are ever all in the same place at the same time.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:38 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

it will be when we get there
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Must have banged your head!
Nah lost my brain

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.