Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Awwww Fly Away, how's everything going? Hope the leak is still under control. What a thing to happen especially after everything else

Beth, all the best with selling your house independently! 2000 hits is great!

Had a phone call today from our EA saying that we have another viewer tomorrow...she doesn't want a place on the main road and because she has a dog she really wants a back garden the dog can run around in.

Now...we live on a main road and our back garden is steep and uncultivated.

Am cross with the EA for saying our place...it will all be for nothing. Have been off work today, nothing major, just feeling poorly with lurgi and the LAST thing I want is to have to clean up. But sods law if I don't...

Last edited by Sparky wife; Jan 15th 2008 at 4:32 am.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

How did things go Scott and Dinky?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:33 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL, it is obsessive isn't it? Have you got your visa yet? We are still waiting for ours and I think if you have it, it would be worse.

You won't believe what happened to me today. Last week I spent 3 days cleaning my house up for a viewing and then the viewer cancelled 40 mins before.:curse: They booked again for this Thursday and as well as having to clean up where my daughter had a nose bleed on her cream bedroom carpet. I now have a LEAK! We have a bay window on the front of the house which is sandstone with a lead roof, (old house). It has NEVER leaked in all the time we've lived here and guess what, got up this morning to see water seeping through the top of the bay. Curtains soaked and maybe ruined. Forcast is for more rain. Don't know if we can get it fixed before viewing but don't want to cancel the viewing. Oh why does it have to happen now.:curse:
Hope its getting sorted now FA....
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:35 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Good luck Beth! If you save £3K, you can afford to negotiate a bit of that too - which makes your house more attractive. We told our viewers that we would discount half the EA's fee on top of the negotiated price - which seems fair.

We were on privately with 'House ladder' when we were between agents. (The first agent said we had to go 3 months without another agent or they would still charge us commission on any sale the other agent made and yes it was in the contract.:curse We had lots of viewings and one offer - which fell through. We have only signed with an agent now in a bid to increase advertising etc and if one of the people who viewed comes back and buys we don't have to pay commission to the EA - we had that written into the contract!

OH back now and up on a ladder - at least it is only a single storey bay. I think we can botch it temporarily but don't know if we can dry the wallpaper out in time. Today I'll have to find a lead roofer - hard to come by.
hmmmm thats some bad news there
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Hi hmmm well it went ok , they liked but they are older couple with two houses to sell , i knew yesterday that they had atleast one on the market .. time waste really but at least they seemed to like what they saw .

we needed a practise run , the house is spotless now so it has its up side

carpet shufflers
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww Fly Away, how's everything going? Hope the leak is still under control. What a thing to happen especially after everything else

Beth, all the best with selling your house independently! 2000 hits is great!

Had a phone call today from our EA saying that we have another viewer tomorrow...she doesn't want a place on the main road and because she has a dog she really wants a back garden the dog can run around in.

Now...we live on a main road and our back garden is steep and uncultivated.

Am cross with the EA for saying our place...it will all be for nothing. Have been off work today, nothing major, just feeling poorly with lurgi and the LAST thing I want is to have to clean up. But sods law if I don't...
Thanks Sparky W It's getting sorted now. Leak fixed with silicone sealant. Heater and dehumidifier going under bay window and heating on full - it's like a sauna in here. There is a slight stain on the wallpaper and the ceiling. Think I have time to paint the ceiling tomorrow if it is dry. Curtains are all patchy but I think I can drape them to not notice......

Hope that your viewer falls in love with your house despite the garden and the road. Maybe that's what the EA thinks?? At least they are working for you. Hope that you are feeling better - I know what hard work presenting a house for sale can be.

Fingers crossed and house selling Ks sent, (if I can.)

Oh yes - tell us!

Originally Posted by sarab40
Hope its getting sorted now FA....
Thanks - sort of. See above.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scott
hmmmm thats some bad news there
Tell me about it. I was frantic this morning, but have calmed down now.

Hi hmmm well it went ok , they liked but they are older couple with two houses to sell , i knew yesterday that they had atleast one on the market .. time waste really but at least they seemed to like what they saw .

we needed a practise run , the house is spotless now so it has its up side

carpet shufflers
I hope you can keep that house clean - it's hard work.

Hopefully this couple will come back when one of theirs sells - that is double the chance if you think of it that way.

Did you offer them your carpet shoes???
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:50 am
Account Closed

Tell me about it. I was frantic this morning, but have calmed down now.

I hope you can keep that house clean - it's hard work.

Hopefully this couple will come back when one of theirs sells - that is double the chance if you think of it that way.

Did you offer them your carpet shoes???

nah , we had a spot of afternoon tiffin & i took them round the estate on my golf buggy .
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

nah , we had a spot of afternoon tiffin & i took them round the estate on my golf buggy .
For some reason, I think you would actually do this....
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:01 am
Account Closed

For some reason, I think you would actually do this....
well i say golf buggy ..............

Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well i say golf buggy ..............

http://www.funnypictures.dk/data/media/1/7p.jpg
They had a bumpy ride then. Maybe they won't buy your house after all.........
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Not good I'm afraid. OH and I decided on a minimum amount we would accept and the offer we got was £12K under that:curse:which is a lot on a £160k house Not heard anything since so maybe they were just looking for a bargain:curse:

Hope you have better luck with yours tomorrow, you never know they may fall in love with the house and decide to live with the garden/main road. Fingers crossed

Fly Away- sorry to hear about your leak, what a nightmare, between that and your carpets you don't half have some bad luck! Hope your viewer doesn't notice.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Like Fly Away said Scott, hopefully double the chance. It is nice to have people say they like your place.(Even when nothing comes of it.)

Glad it's getting sorted Fly Away, must have been an incredibly hectic and tiring day. Sending vibes your way for the heater and dehumidifier to work their magic so that you can paint the ceiling.

To be 100% honest...our back garden (although far from unique in the area we live in) is our downfall. Would be very worried about a doggy in our back...they would get up fine but would probably break their neck getting down. Would show pics but am very embarrassed.

Awww, Dinky, just got the message..sorry to hear that. Vibes that they get their act together and come back tomorrow with a more realistic price for you.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:32 am
Account Closed

To be 100% honest...our back garden (although far from unique in the area we live in) is our downfall. Would be very worried about a doggy in our back...they would get up fine but would probably break their neck getting down. Would show pics but am very embarrassed.
don't be
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh, but I am (blushes furiously at the computer screen ) the garden is a **** tip and that's a compliment. Trouble is, OH and I don't actually mind having no garden, although occasionally I do miss having a therapeutic mow

Can I ask what that photo is of, please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.