Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
do you think i can just skip the next few weeks and jump straight to the being in oz part
Don't you sometimes which you had a teleporting machine???

I know I often do and I have a feeling that sitting on the flight to Melbourne is definitely going to be one of those times

Lau x
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
yeh - go to bed tonight and wake up tomorrow in Oz!
It is tomorrow in Oz....

Lau x
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:30 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

We flew that route in reverse last April - Melbourne, Sing, Dubai, Birm. the flight was 2 hours longer than the Birm, Dubai, Sydney we flew out on. 1 hour of this was refueling in singapore. To be honest, it's quite nice to get off and have a walk about. The flight wasn't anymore gruelling than the one out!
not too worried - it is just something else to whinge about really!!!
although i am already rather worried about eldest son doing the trip on his own - i was going to phone emirates and ask them to double check they had him on the second flight (but not tell him that i was checking up on him!) - now i am going to have to get them to do it twice!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
We exchanged today with a lot of blackmail from our buyers b*******. ot sure where they get off telling me what I can sell of mine and what they want me to leave for free!
CONGRATULATIONS
thumbsup:

They stressed you out to the end though.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:32 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
We exchanged today with a lot of blackmail from our buyers b*******. ot sure where they get off telling me what I can sell of mine and what they want me to leave for free!
yes but think positively - you exchanged!!!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:33 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Reedy
It is tomorrow in Oz....

Lau x
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

not too worried - it is just something else to whinge about really!!!
although i am already rather worried about eldest son doing the trip on his own - i was going to phone emirates and ask them to double check they had him on the second flight (but not tell him that i was checking up on him!) - now i am going to have to get them to do it twice!
I won't tell him, LOL! I've seen other forum members posting to ask if other young people from the forum will be on the same flight and get them to travel together. Could work??
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't you sometimes which you had a teleporting machine???

I know I often do and I have a feeling that sitting on the flight to Melbourne is definitely going to be one of those times

Lau x
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but it really is tedious and boring and cramped. A bit like childbirth, it's worth it in the end!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but it really is tedious and boring and cramped. A bit like childbirth, it's worth it in the end!
The longest flight that I have done to date is 14 hours in one stretch.

Although it once took us 26 hours to get to Florida - via 1/2 the other states in America....

That was hard work, the kids were small and fed up....

Lau x
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:39 am
sneaking a peek ...

I won't tell him, LOL! I've seen other forum members posting to ask if other young people from the forum will be on the same flight and get them to travel together. Could work??
good idea
i dont know what i am more nervous about - eldest flying on his own or flying the dog
with all this too worry about our flight with 2 under 5s is going to be a breeze!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:40 am
sneaking a peek ...

interesting analogy
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

CONGRATULATIONS
thumbsup:

They stressed you out to the end though.
Thanks, Yes they did, don't appreciate being blackmailed though, if you don't leave all of this extra (stuff that I had buyers for and were going to pick the stuff up)then we pull out.

yes but think positively - you exchanged!!!
That is the only good point at the moment, not sure how they can get away with it. As long as they complete on the 21st.

How is everyone else doing? Not had much chance to catch up lately, busy packing and selling to go on the 26th.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The longest flight that I have done to date is 14 hours in one stretch.

Although it once took us 26 hours to get to Florida - via 1/2 the other states in America....

That was hard work, the kids were small and fed up....

Lau x
We got delayed on the way back from Sydney about 10 years ago - 2 whole days later we got back to the UK Good job we didn't have kids!

My MIL and SIL were on their way to Ny on Sept 11th!!!!! Now that is a bad flight - they were dumped in Canada for 3 days! We didn't know where they were!

We flew the day of Lockerbie too!

Not that I want to alarm you you or anything.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

interesting analogy
Well, you're squeezed out of a thin tube at the end!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We got delayed on the way back from Sydney about 10 years ago - 2 whole days later we got back to the UK Good job we didn't have kids!

My MIL and SIL were on their way to Ny on Sept 11th!!!!! Now that is a bad flight - they were dumped in Canada for 3 days! We didn't know where they were!

We flew the day of Lockerbie too!

Not that I want to alarm you you or anything.
Our friends who live in Florida were on their way home 9/11 and also got diverted to Canada, they couldn't access their luggage and had to rely on the Red Cross for clean undies

They were also missing for 3 or 4 days!

Lau x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.