Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:02 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by steveandtina
What a day I'v had today and its not even 11 o clock. Got 3 house viewers today and had my visa granted! I've forgotten the shitty day I had yesterday

Good luck everyone with viewings today x
Congrats on getting the visa WHOEHOEHOEEOOEE!! And 3, yes 3, read it again and it still said 3!!! viewings. Well done

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well my news is that we have accepted an offer. Not a great offer and there are lots of conditions on both sides. We should exchange at the end of May but not complete until September/October. Feeling very low about it, but it is essential. Lots of things going on in our lives to do with the business which had to be sorted and this will sort them. We are not sure whether we will make it to Oz but will validate in Feb - which then gives us a year until Feb 2010 to get there. Not what we want and I am gutted. Life is a bit complex for us at the moment and I am stressed to hell. Not what you thought I'd say when I finally accepted an offer eh?
Hi FA, this really is a post of contradictions, the above one being really happy and good for them too! and you being down and stressed. Come on girl, your a strong lady with a strong mind, whatever you decide to do, you will get there, I wish I could take some of your uncertainty away, but still no lottery winnings on my side , here's a big hug coming your way
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:06 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

OK, maybe a bit distasteful and out of order, but it made me laugh

Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:09 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well my news is that we have accepted an offer. Not a great offer and there are lots of conditions on both sides. We should exchange at the end of May but not complete until September/October. Feeling very low about it, but it is essential. Lots of things going on in our lives to do with the business which had to be sorted and this will sort them. We are not sure whether we will make it to Oz but will validate in Feb - which then gives us a year until Feb 2010 to get there. Not what we want and I am gutted. Life is a bit complex for us at the moment and I am stressed to hell. Not what you thought I'd say when I finally accepted an offer eh?

You never know Nic one of the others may want the house and you could still get more for it. At least you now have the time to sort the rentals out and hopefully come out with enough to go to Oz. I always think something will turn up when you need it but boy do you need it now. Keep strong and don't let it get you down.

Nicky
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

I know how you all feel - i go from feeling really positive to being completely despondent about the housing situation. However i do think that this is the best time to try as it appears to be getting worse. Good Luck all - I have a woman from Sussex travelling to Ayrshire to see mine so hope thats a good sign (fingers crossed)
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:13 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Afternoon all

We are giving our EA notice today and taking on a different agent who is more high profile. Hopefully that will stir up some interest and get some viewers in. If not sold by August/September we are going to rent out for 2 years and hope for the best. As long as we cover ourselves that will have to do.

Spoke to one agent today who says that the market will not stay like this, maybe 6 months and he reckons that the last time it all went to pot there was no money around but there is now, just people running scared and not buying at the mo. Banks will start lending money again not too far in the future, lets hope he is right!

How's it going Tina?

Nicky xx
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:19 am
tum
destination Cairns

Originally Posted by nickywes
Afternoon all

We are giving our EA notice today and taking on a different agent who is more high profile. Hopefully that will stir up some interest and get some viewers in. If not sold by August/September we are going to rent out for 2 years and hope for the best. As long as we cover ourselves that will have to do.

Spoke to one agent today who says that the market will not stay like this, maybe 6 months and he reckons that the last time it all went to pot there was no money around but there is now, just people running scared and not buying at the mo. Banks will start lending money again not too far in the future, lets hope he is right!

How's it going Tina?

Nicky xx
Hi Nicky,

Good luck with your new EA, fingers crossed for you and also for the market to improve in less than six months!!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by tum
Hi Nicky,

Good luck with your new EA, fingers crossed for you and also for the market to improve in less than six months!!
Hi tum how's it going over there? Any more viewings?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:27 am
tum
destination Cairns

Hi tum how's it going over there? Any more viewings?
Hi Nicky,

Nope, no more viewings, haven't heard of our Wednesday viewing yet, hopefully they will get back to us after this weekend. But, sorry to say, nothing more. May 3rd we're having an 'open house', maybe that will help .

I'm glad though that you posted that remark of the agent, there's at least an EA out there who can see the sun shining around the corner. So...thanks for posting it.

Miranda xx
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by tum
Hi Nicky,

Nope, no more viewings, haven't heard of our Wednesday viewing yet, hopefully they will get back to us after this weekend. But, sorry to say, nothing more. May 3rd we're having an 'open house', maybe that will help .

I'm glad though that you posted that remark of the agent, there's at least an EA out there who can see the sun shining around the corner. So...thanks for posting it.

Miranda xx
Good luck for the open house Miranda. He was predominantly a letting agent but also sells houses and had nothing to gain from us by saying that and he was also not pressurising us into renting with him, in fact he told us to carry on trying to sell with new EA until we were ready to go. I actually believe that it is scare mongering more than the start of a deep dark recession (yet) because Paul has got loads of work coming in as a builder and that is normally one of the first things to go tits up.

I do hope so and I could be kidding myself but you have to be positive.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:35 am
tum
destination Cairns

Good luck for the open house Miranda. He was predominantly a letting agent but also sells houses and had nothing to gain from us by saying that and he was also not pressurising us into renting with him, in fact he told us to carry on trying to sell with new EA until we were ready to go. I actually believe that it is scare mongering more than the start of a deep dark recession (yet) because Paul has got loads of work coming in as a builder and that is normally one of the first things to go tits up.

I do hope so and I could be kidding myself but you have to be positive.
Sound like an honest opinion then, especially because he has nothing to gain from it. Good though that Paul has loads of work, is he going to be a builder in Oz too, like working as a contractor or starting his (your) own business?
My OH is a metal fabricator/fitter and will be working in that area once (noticed that I didn't write 'if' ) we get there.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:36 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys , Lets hope you hear something M & that your open house isn't needed !!

Nicky , good luck with EA , i'll let you guys know what my new guys says on monday
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:37 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angib
I know how you all feel - i go from feeling really positive to being completely despondent about the housing situation. However i do think that this is the best time to try as it appears to be getting worse. Good Luck all - I have a woman from Sussex travelling to Ayrshire to see mine so hope thats a good sign (fingers crossed)
good news there Angib ... sounds keen
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by tum
Sound like an honest opinion then, especially because he has nothing to gain from it. Good though that Paul has loads of work, is he going to be a builder in Oz too, like working as a contractor or starting his (your) own business?
My OH is a metal fabricator/fitter and will be working in that area once (noticed that I didn't write 'if' ) we get there.
IF we ever get there we had hoped we would have enough money to buy land and either sell it or build and sell but god knows really. I think we should set up a lap/pole dancing club and all us girls could be the dancers The men could be the bar staff and we could perhaps go global, what do you think?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:38 am
tum
destination Cairns

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hi Guys , Lets hope you hear something M & that your open house isn't needed !!

Nicky , good luck with EA , i'll let you guys know what my new guys says on monday
Evening Scott, finished work? I'll bet your new EA will be a person who has one look at your house and says, bugger, no way I'm putting this house up for sale...I want it all for myself
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:41 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by tum
Evening Scott, finished work? I'll bet your new EA will be a person who has one look at your house and says, bugger, no way I'm putting this house up for sale...I want it all for myself
Ha M , i wish .

not been to work , had all week off & next week too YAY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.