Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 10th 2008, 2:46 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Afternoon all. after a gloomy start to the day the sun is now out and shining brightly.

It's very warm as well.

Good news about SW. She can now finally relax.

Hi Beth. Good to see you back.

Well we had our viewing today. Went around the house like a whirlwind and off they went. About 10 mins altogether.

So who knows. I've given up trying to second guess whether they actually like it or not.
Old May 10th 2008, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Afternoon all. after a gloomy start to the day the sun is now out and shining brightly.

It's very warm as well.::

Good news about SW. She can now finally relax.

Hi Beth. Good to see you back.

Well we had our viewing today. Went around the house like a whirlwind and off they went. About 10 mins altogether.

So who knows. I've given up trying to second guess whether they actually like it or not.
Afternoon - I'm sweating... been lugging furniture around all day.. at least most of it has gone now. Auction house are collecting a load the week after next. Storage until almost empty. Then it's on to the loft.... Trust us to pick a hot day to do all this.

Fingers crossed for your viewer - you just can't tell sometimes and the EAs only allow 15 mins for a viewing which isn't long enough. I hope they book a 2nd viewing!

Yes good news for SW. I am so pleased for her as she was a bag of nerves.

No news from me... think my viewers have decided against.
Old May 10th 2008, 3:31 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Afternoon - I'm sweating... been lugging furniture around all day.. at least most of it has gone now. Auction house are collecting a load the week after next. Storage until almost empty. Then it's on to the loft.... Trust us to pick a hot day to do all this.

Fingers crossed for your viewer - you just can't tell sometimes and the EAs only allow 15 mins for a viewing which isn't long enough. I hope they book a 2nd viewing!

Yes good news for SW. I am so pleased for her as she was a bag of nerves.

No news from me... think my viewers have decided against.
It's great having a clearout. I did a massive one last year. Packed a lot of stuff away. Christmas ornaments, photos, everything. Chucked a load of stuff out as well.

I put all the outside toys in the loft, as I thought we wouldn't need them again until we moved. I gave them all a good clean and off they went. Now I've just pulled them out again so the kids can play with them.

Dunno about the viewers. I do the viewings myself anyway. But they might have had to dash off to look at another one. We shall see.
Old May 10th 2008, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
It's great having a clearout. I did a massive one last year. Packed a lot of stuff away. Christmas ornaments, photos, everything. Chucked a load of stuff out as well.

I put all the outside toys in the loft, as I thought we wouldn't need them again until we moved. I gave them all a good clean and off they went. Now I've just pulled them out again so the kids can play with them.

Dunno about the viewers. I do the viewings myself anyway. But they might have had to dash off to look at another one. We shall see.
We have delayed our clear out as the flamin house was on the market. Now I've given up and we just have to do it - viewers or not! I did pack the Xmas stuff in 2 boxes - ship and not ship as so much of that stuff can't be shipped.

Don't envy you having to clean all the toys again! I bought DD a 2nd hand bike from Ebay for £20 as she needed a bigger one. I will leave it behind and buy her a new one in Oz. (Might even sell it on Ebay for more than I paid for it!)

I also have sacks of kids clothes to Ebay - they fetch a lot you know. Especially the party dresses etc.

I am dreading the loft - it is huge and we have just thrown everything up there. Including 40 odd archive boxes of papers... Still it's something to keep me busy.....
Old May 10th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Hi folks
Can't be long as at work and the patients keep coming now the day is moving on.
Hope you are not too hot FA not the day to be clearing out.
Well needed to update you with some more good news. We got our first offer on thursday for £296 and on friday another viewer from BH monday came to the other EA nad offered. EA said that we had had another offer and we couldn't accept theirs unless it was full asking price. He went back to wife and mortgage broker and got the go ahead. Thus we were put in an awkward position.
The original offer was from a couple who had a bad survey on another property and had to pull out so they are good to go and need to exchange by 11th June for their purchaser and complete end of June. They saw the house and put in an offer within an hour which shows me they loved it and are committed to it. The other couple took a week to decide and it sounds like they only have a mortgage offer in principal. They are FTB.
So we decided to go back to the EA and let the first couple know the situation and guess what they upped it to £298k as long as it was theirs. We just felt they were the stronger candidates. We have had 46 viewings alot of these were carpet treaders and it has been exhausting. I know many of you would kill for 46 but it makes no difference if no one is offering.
I just thought I would share our good fortune with you and hope it spreads to you all as we are all in it together. Enjoy the sunshine people and think of me in a stuffy hospital with no air con.
Old May 10th 2008, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by maisey
Hi folks
Well needed to update you with some more good news. We got our first offer on thursday for £296 and on friday another viewer from BH monday came to the other EA nad offered. EA said that we had had another offer and we couldn't accept theirs unless it was full asking price. He went back to wife and mortgage broker and got the go ahead. Thus we were put in an awkward position.
The original offer was from a couple who had a bad survey on another property and had to pull out so they are good to go and need to exchange by 11th June for their purchaser and complete end of June. They saw the house and put in an offer within an hour which shows me they loved it and are committed to it. The other couple took a week to decide and it sounds like they only have a mortgage offer in principal. They are FTB.
So we decided to go back to the EA and let the first couple know the situation and guess what they upped it to £298k as long as it was theirs. We just felt they were the stronger candidates. We have had 46 viewings alot of these were carpet treaders and it has been exhausting. I know many of you would kill for 46 but it makes no difference if no one is offering.
I just thought I would share our good fortune with you and hope it spreads to you all as we are all in it together. Enjoy the sunshine people and think of me in a stuffy hospital with no air con.
great news Maisey - I'm sure that you made the correct decision. People who come and gazzump often pull out too. The first people are more reliable. Good that you got some more money though!

Can you send some of your cast offs to me??
Old May 10th 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

oh wow!!
this thread does need some good luck - finally
i am really happy for you that it's going so well for you!!
Old May 10th 2008, 4:56 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks
FANTASTIC NEWS HUN!!!!!!!

Beth x x
Old May 10th 2008, 5:07 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks
Great News
Old May 10th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

great news Maisey - I'm sure that you made the correct decision. People who come and gazzump often pull out too. The first people are more reliable. Good that you got some more money though!

Can you send some of your cast offs to me??
Thanks FA would love to send them to you but I am sure they sent lots of carpet treaders it is funny how the offer finally come along in two's. I was so fed up I didn't take any notice of the couple really and she said something about my next door neighbours garden (he renovates Austen 7's and since his wife died he has erected fence panels across the back of the garden to store his stuff)I thought another one bites the dust. So you never know beware the ones who act over nice as they often come back with negatives.

Fingers crossed for you all guys.
Old May 10th 2008, 8:11 pm
aka bunja

We have delayed our clear out as the flamin house was on the market. Now I've given up and we just have to do it - viewers or not! I did pack the Xmas stuff in 2 boxes - ship and not ship as so much of that stuff can't be shipped.

Don't envy you having to clean all the toys again! I bought DD a 2nd hand bike from Ebay for £20 as she needed a bigger one. I will leave it behind and buy her a new one in Oz. (Might even sell it on Ebay for more than I paid for it!)

I also have sacks of kids clothes to Ebay - they fetch a lot you know. Especially the party dresses etc.

I am dreading the loft - it is huge and we have just thrown everything up there. Including 40 odd archive boxes of papers... Still it's something to keep me busy.....
Last year we gave away (to my sister) all the Xmas stuff that we couldn't ship including our tree. We have a lot of Disney baubles with dates that we started collecting since our first Xmas together (aahhh). It was a complete pain the arse having to get the stuff back again last Xmas and having to beg back our tree again (we thought we would be gone last year btw).

I shall just clean it all again after we've sold the house, if ever.

I also had about 4 boxes of kiddies clothes to sell on eBay. Good ones to put on are M&S, Next, GAP etc. Don't bother trying to sell anything else it doesn't sell well.

Have a good burn up with all the papers - my OH enjoyed that.

Hi folks
That's brilliant news, Maisey.
Old May 10th 2008, 9:06 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Evening all

Have totally missed the lovely weather today, been stuck in a sports hall with 49 16yr olds, great

Glad to hear there is some good news on this thread at last.

Had 2 hours before I left this morning to clean the whole house for new photos to be taken. We decided not to commit to any EA until we had seen a couple and we had a long list of questions to ask also. I wasn't around so left it to OH to interrogate them. He really liked them and thought they would work hard and they also advertise further afield, so another good point in their favour. This house was previously owned by one of the local EA's and he used to work for him so knows the house quite well.

Anyway, we have decided to go with him and are going down to sign the papers tomorrow (he actually opens on a Sunday). Going to be tied in for 12 weeks with 2 weeks notice but got them down to 1%.

Good luck to everyone else for more viewings
Old May 10th 2008, 9:11 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Evening all

Have totally missed the lovely weather today, been stuck in a sports hall with 49 16yr olds, great

Glad to hear there is some good news on this thread at last.

Had 2 hours before I left this morning to clean the whole house for new photos to be taken. We decided not to commit to any EA until we had seen a couple and we had a long list of questions to ask also. I wasn't around so left it to OH to interrogate them. He really liked them and thought they would work hard and they also advertise further afield, so another good point in their favour. This house was previously owned by one of the local EA's and he used to work for him so knows the house quite well.

Anyway, we have decided to go with him and are going down to sign the papers tomorrow (he actually opens on a Sunday). Going to be tied in for 12 weeks with 2 weeks notice but got them down to 1%.

Good luck to everyone else for more viewings
opens sunday , 1%
Old May 10th 2008, 9:16 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

thought i would post this in here in case any one was interested,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/...auction110.xml

http://www.discountpropertyauction.c...rch.aspx?Reg=2

let me know what you all think, i thought it looked quiet good, gonna keep an eye on it.

kind regards
michell
Old May 10th 2008, 9:19 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,
Had a viewing today from a preious buyer.....our house was originally on the market for 205k in Nov, got an offer from them in Nov of 204k, they lost their buyer and went back on the market. Anyway, they have returned, have sold their house and offered 180k....not the best news. The estate agent wanted to do another viewing and we weren't keen as we want more than that to sell (we have 2 others waiting with offers of 195k, but haven't sold their house yet). I think the EA thinks that if they get them back in and they like it enough they might come up with more cash..so they did the viewing today, don't know how it went yet but i'm a bit nervous about them offering any offers as we are getting so desperate we could end up selling for less than we want to. We are so confused, just not sure how much to expect to drop. The EA has said that although we have other buyers at 195k, they may sell for less than anticipated and come back with lower offers later on. We are due to validate in Sept. Any advice appreciated x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.