Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 12th 2008, 9:46 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Happy birthday SAMMY

lol Nic at wanting to live in Summer Bay We could all come and stay in your caravan park

I went to see a psycic last night - still bit of a sceptic but she told me what I wanted to hear so I wont complain she picked up LOADS of new beginnings and a move and went on and on - she said about me having been through lots of stress and having to make loads of decisions and sacrifices but it will be worth and we are going to be very happy. She also said to be careful when travelling as she sees a theft (that could be the price easy jet charge for luggage going to Ireland - whether theres anything in it all or not it matters not, it was fun going..

oh and she said about an invitation and a suprise. When I got home DH said my Aunt was on the phone to my Dad and he thinks they are organising a suprise leaving do for us
Are you trying to catch our attention Hayles with the red

I was always sceptical about psychics (sp) until I went to one and she said so many things that I now believe. There are some rough one's out there though that just have to be laughed at.

Just make sure you keep hold of those passports with the visa in and your money and they can nick the rest of the stuff

I am really envious and happy for you with your flights all booked. You will have a great time and I bet it has eased your mind now.

Take care
Old May 12th 2008, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all, done the school run and the weekly shop already... No free shopping anymore - Nectar points have run out.

I was stuck in the garden all yesterday afternoon after picking DD up from school as she wanted her first swim in the pool. Eventually got her out at 7pm had to shower her and cook dinner.. Then OH had brought a load more stuff back from the storage unit, so I had to sort that. Managed to pop in a few times for a quick peek and to say Happy Birthday to Sam. Honestly, why do people expect you to do things when you want to be on BE??

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
hello all, i've been watching this thread for ages but never posted... our house has been on market since sept, we had one silly offer of £20k less than asking back in oct which we turned down ( i would gladly rip their arm off for this now!).
we have done as much as we can now i.e. paint the whole bloody thing cream and drop the price, we havent had any viewers for about 4wks now, just had a load of new pics done and a new write up to try and stir some new interest - fingers crossed.
just wanted to say hope everyone gets their wish of a house sale soon!
Welcome to the thread. We are in the same boat as you - turned down an offer back last year and now regret it. All you can do is wait with the rest of us until the market improves. sigh. Hope you get 'the one' soon as it sounds like you've done all you can to make your house attractive.

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew

I know I'm jinxed.......I mean.....who elses for sale sign can fall down in the sun?!!!!!
Bloody sign only went up on Friday......and fell down today.
Apparently there was a knot in the wood holding the sign up.....which dried up over the weekend in the sun and it fell apart today!!!!
Had the neighbours 'curtain twitching' though thinking the EA were putting a sold sign up already....PMSL
Beth x x :
PMSL Beth, our sign was nicked the first day it went up - must be a sign (get it) of something......

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Thanks for all the birthday wishes, I don't know where I'd be without this site sometimes:

Hoping to hear from our buyer re his mortgage offer soon:

Hubby has just had an interesting telephone conversation with his parents, with whom we don't have a good relationship (to put it mildly) they still don't seem to realise how soon we are going and if they don't pull their finger out are going to be too late, I couldn't care less, but its a shame for hubby and the children.

Sam
Glad you had a good birthday Sam - even if it was quiet at least you'd already celebrated.

My inlaws are similar. We though last Christmas would be our last in the Uk but MIL and SIL didn't want to spend it with us, (and our DD the only grandchild) but they moan about how they will cope when we aren't here. We live 100m miles away as it is now and can't do day to day stuff anyway.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Morning all

Was watching Home & Away last night and I want to live in Summer Bay and have all those people as my extended family, what do you reckon on that idea?:

LOL, I'll join you there then.

Mind you, it appears to have so much crime there, almost every programme has a beating or murder or burglary:

On to house selling Nothing new here yet although new EA is back and forwards taking more pictures and bringing stuff for us to approve, very very pro-active at the moment so lets hope he has some buyers for us soon
Sounds like your EA is starting OK. Looking helps too - at least when they are being a pain they are nice to look at. BUT does he wear slip on shoes, that's the question.

Happy birthday SAMMY

lol Nic at wanting to live in Summer Bay We could all come and stay in your caravan park :

I went to see a psycic last night - still bit of a sceptic but she told me what I wanted to hear so I wont complain she picked up LOADS of new beginnings and a move and went on and on - she said about me having been through lots of stress and having to make loads of decisions and sacrifices but it will be worth and we are going to be very happy. She also said to be careful when travelling as she sees a theft (that could be the price easy jet charge for luggage going to Ireland - whether theres anything in it all or not it matters not, it was fun going..

oh and she said about an invitation and a suprise. When I got home DH said my Aunt was on the phone to my Dad and he thinks they are organising a suprise leaving do for us
Sounds like fun Hayles. I think being told the move is a good thing is a good start. Hope you have a great party - if that's what the surpise is!!
Old May 12th 2008, 9:56 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like your EA is starting OK. Looking helps too - at least when they are being a pain they are nice to look at. BUT does he wear slip on shoes, that's the question.

Hi N. He doesn't look the type to wear slip ons, quite normal in fact. Not a ginger side parting either or white socks with black shiny shoes

We are having a lot of trouble getting 1st EA to take our house off their website, don't know why. 2nd EA has taken it off rightmove but not website either. Why do they want to keep it on there?

Looks like it will be another nice day today
Old May 12th 2008, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Sounds like your EA is starting OK. Looking helps too - at least when they are being a pain they are nice to look at. BUT does he wear slip on shoes, that's the question.:

Hi N. He doesn't look the type to wear slip ons, quite normal in fact. Not a ginger side parting either or white socks with black shiny shoes

We are having a lot of trouble getting 1st EA to take our house off their website, don't know why. 2nd EA has taken it off rightmove but not website either. Why do they want to keep it on there?

Looks like it will be another nice day today
They don't want to take it off in case they get a buyer for you and can have the commission and because they are lazy barstewards.. There you go!

Lovely and sunny here but windy and cool - I was shivering in the playground and all round Asda this morning. Might have to put a cardy on!

Have you read the Feb 2008 thread? Poor Basty had a 2nd viewing today and last night a pile of wood in her neighbours garden caught fire and set their house alight. Thankfully they were evacuated and the fire put out. She went through with the viewing too!!!

Oh and Beth, Mary 1967's new for sale sign fell down too. It's the curse of BE!
Old May 12th 2008, 11:03 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday SAMMY

lol Nic at wanting to live in Summer Bay We could all come and stay in your caravan park

Ooooh my eyes !

Hey thats sounds fun Hayley , i went to see one once & half way through he started giggling & laughing ,, told him to shut-up but he wouldn't so i hit him ..... the police came & i got done for striking a happy medium
Old May 12th 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

LOL - if he had been any good he would have seen it coming and ducked
Old May 12th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Afternoon all, the sun is still shining here in Essex

Very happy today as have at last finished college NO MORE HOMEWORK yippee. My stilly OH put flour and eggs in my college bag this morning but think we are a bit passed that at our age No signing our school shirts just exchanged phone numbers for a grown up meal.

Nicky - the agent has kept your house on their website to make it look good. Our agents website show they sold my neighbors house over a year ago the thing is they wasn't the agent who sold it

Good luck all I'm gunna go enjoy the sunshine in the garden before Tesco deliver my shopping

Tina x
Old May 12th 2008, 11:13 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - if he had been any good he would have seen it coming and ducked
hey , never thought of that
Old May 12th 2008, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steveandtina

Very happy today as have at last finished college NO MORE HOMEWORK yippee. My stilly OH put flour and eggs in my college bag this morning but think we are a bit passed that at our age No signing our school shirts just exchanged phone numbers for a grown up meal.

Nicky - the agent has kept your house on their website to make it look good. Our agents website show they sold my neighbors house over a year ago the thing is they wasn't the agent who sold it

Good luck all I'm gunna go enjoy the sunshine in the garden before Tesco deliver my shopping

Tina x
Hey Tina - its a beautiful day isnt it.

Lol at the flour and eggs, fantastic that you have finished though
Old May 12th 2008, 11:54 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

hi all fellow sunworshippers

ok here goes , cleaning upastairs ok, whilst cleaning the bathroom my bladder decides it needs emptying, so i do the dutiful thing and oblige my bladder, well whilst bladder is emptying, ding dong doorbell rings omg bladder hurry up and empty, dogs throwing a mental me cant pee quick enough, , anyways finished emptying my bladder , forget to pull underwear up and trip as i come out of bathroom, pull underwear up run down stairs, open porch door , what do i see a card on my doormat from an EA, i throw the fron door open and scream down the street "HELLO" "HELLO" , no sign of anybody not even a car i can look at to see where the person had gone to. stand there a few minutes feeling a right idiot, if anybody saw me they would have thought i was mad looking up and down our quiet cul-de-sac, anways resigned myself that whoever posted there card had gone , so came in and thought hmmm think i will ring them, why would they be putting business cards through and knocking if they dont need my business, ok so ring them up, by the wsy the business card was from the manager of the EA, anyways i telephone the EA and get to speak to a very nice lady,i explain i have still got 2 weeks with my EA we are with at the moment she says "no problem" , i then have a very long conversation of how p***ed of i am with my present EA at no viewing, phonecalls, feedback etc , she is gobsmacked cannot believe we have had no viewings and proceeds to tell me they have many many people on their books still looking for properties and especially down our road and this area and that is why they are putting their business cards out , so they can get some properties here , i m gobsmacked at what she is telling me, anyways bottom line is they are coming on Fri 10.30am to discuss what we want etc and its the manger coming as well, she was very optimistic at selling our property in this area and said it is a sought after area and we need more properties in ouur area on their books. i looked at their website and they have over 300 offices over the u.k and many of their properties on their websiite are under offer or sold, they have been going for 100years as well , i told them i didnt want sole agency and was told "fine not a problem you can go multi agency we dont mind"

so everyone going to get this EA in listen to what they say, ask loads more questions myself and get a few more in as well so finger crossed this one will be a lot better than the EA we are with and had nothing back from them, no phone calls, no viewings, in local rag once in 4 weeks . fingers crossed everyone

michell
Old May 13th 2008, 12:08 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

House been on for a couple of weeks now - not a sausage

Got a call 5 mins ago from EA - can they bring someone round in an hour?
They have travelled here so are only about today - the thing that puzzles me is that it sounds like they are taking them around loads of houses in 1 day which must have been pre arranged and 1 of the houses is exactly the same as mine - just up the road, now if they had their details to pre arrange a visit - why didnt they hear about mine until today??

Also my 8 month baby has a big kip for 2 hours between 12.30 & 2.30 so I cant clear up properly or put the hoover on as he is teething too and he will be a nightmare later if I wake him now!

I hope they have vision because my house is literally a tip as I have been sorting out loads of old clothes to sell on ebay so there are piles of stuff everywhere too.

Its also a little funny that I only went in there yesterday saying I havent heard anything from you and we were actually thinking about renting our house instead, then lo and behold the next day a viewer!!
I wonder if I hadnt gone in there yesterday would they have even told these people about my house?
Old May 13th 2008, 12:13 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by michell
hi all fellow sunworshippers

ok here goes , cleaning upastairs ok, whilst cleaning the bathroom my bladder decides it needs emptying, so i do the dutiful thing and oblige my bladder, well whilst bladder is emptying, ding dong doorbell rings omg bladder hurry up and empty, dogs throwing a mental me cant pee quick enough, , anyways finished emptying my bladder , forget to pull underwear up and trip as i come out of bathroom, pull underwear up run down stairs, open porch door , what do i see a card on my doormat from an EA, i throw the fron door open and scream down the street "HELLO" "HELLO" , no sign of anybody not even a car i can look at to see where the person had gone to. stand there a few minutes feeling a right idiot, if anybody saw me they would have thought i was mad looking up and down our quiet cul-de-sac, anways resigned myself that whoever posted there card had gone , so came in and thought hmmm think i will ring them, why would they be putting business cards through and knocking if they dont need my business, ok so ring them up, by the wsy the business card was from the manager of the EA, anyways i telephone the EA and get to speak to a very nice lady,i explain i have still got 2 weeks with my EA we are with at the moment she says "no problem" , i then have a very long conversation of how p***ed of i am with my present EA at no viewing, phonecalls, feedback etc , she is gobsmacked cannot believe we have had no viewings and proceeds to tell me they have many many people on their books still looking for properties and especially down our road and this area and that is why they are putting their business cards out , so they can get some properties here , i m gobsmacked at what she is telling me, anyways bottom line is they are coming on Fri 10.30am to discuss what we want etc and its the manger coming as well, she was very optimistic at selling our property in this area and said it is a sought after area and we need more properties in ouur area on their books. i looked at their website and they have over 300 offices over the u.k and many of their properties on their websiite are under offer or sold, they have been going for 100years as well , i told them i didnt want sole agency and was told "fine not a problem you can go multi agency we dont mind"

so everyone going to get this EA in listen to what they say, ask loads more questions myself and get a few more in as well so finger crossed this one will be a lot better than the EA we are with and had nothing back from them, no phone calls, no viewings, in local rag once in 4 weeks . fingers crossed everyone

michell
Wow Michell , an eventfull morning , you should be more carefull when you go to "shake the lettice" .

Well lets hope this EA does you some good , I think you are making a wise choice !
Good luck
Old May 13th 2008, 12:14 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
House been on for a couple of weeks now - not a sausage

Got a call 5 mins ago from EA - can they bring someone round in an hour?
They have travelled here so are only about today - the thing that puzzles me is that it sounds like they are taking them around loads of houses in 1 day which must have been pre arranged and 1 of the houses is exactly the same as mine - just up the road, now if they had their details to pre arrange a visit - why didnt they hear about mine until today??

Also my 8 month baby has a big kip for 2 hours between 12.30 & 2.30 so I cant clear up properly or put the hoover on as he is teething too and he will be a nightmare later if I wake him now!

I hope they have vision because my house is literally a tip as I have been sorting out loads of old clothes to sell on ebay so there are piles of stuff everywhere too.

Its also a little funny that I only went in there yesterday saying I havent heard anything from you and we were actually thinking about renting our house instead, then lo and behold the next day a viewer!!
I wonder if I hadnt gone in there yesterday would they have even told these people about my house?
oooh you are suspicious could be right , you never know . man i hope they see your house to its full , can't you get a sitter ?

well good luck
Old May 13th 2008, 12:15 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by steveandtina

Tina x

Hello
Old May 13th 2008, 12:23 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Icarus
oooh you are suspicious could be right , you never know . man i hope they see your house to its full , can't you get a sitter ?

well good luck
Would have deposited him at the Father in Laws if I had more warning but she called just as he went off to sleep - he has been having such a bad time of it this week with his teeth that I really dont want to wake him now he is sleeping - God bless baby Neurofen!
Hopefully they will be dazzled by my fantastic garden and Kitchen - at least they look good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.