Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 1st 2008, 7:14 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Wow that was impressive M, how are you?

Tina - any offer from viewer yet?

Ic - I am watching the space, have they booked some viewers yet?

FA - Did you hear anything?

Nothing new here again. 2 viewers from new EA last weekend, then put price down and now nothing again. Here we go again.

Don't care anymore we will still go in September anyway

Any other news peeps?

Nicky xx
Old May 1st 2008, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

My someone is a happy mood today haha.

I'm singing and now I can't get the song out my

Have a good day everyone and hope you get loads of booking for the weekend

Tina x
Old May 1st 2008, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Happy belated birthday Hayles!!! Hope the head isn't too sore
Hi everyone else - hope sales, viewings (whats that) and everything else going really spiffingly well!!
DTP
Old May 1st 2008, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all and good luck today!

No news from me.... I am in such a state now, don't know what to do with myself and DD is off school poorly..

Hayles did you ring the DIAC last night???? I hope you got some good news!!!
Old May 1st 2008, 8:06 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all and good luck today!

No news from me.... I am in such a state now, don't know what to do with myself and DD is off school poorly..

Hayles did you ring the DIAC last night???? I hope you got some good news!!!
Keep positive Nic, something will come good soon Hope your DD is OK.

Sorry went off suddenly last night but was getting moaned at:curse:
Old May 1st 2008, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Keep positive Nic, something will come good soon Hope your DD is OK.

Sorry went off suddenly last night but was getting moaned at:curse:
Thanks Nicky. This isn't our only option, but it is our favoured one. I am sure that they don't realise how much pressure we are under from the EA to commit. It's like walking a tightrope, one wrong move and we could lose everything.

LOL, are you sure you were just being moaned at last night?? All that talk of wearing the OH's out.......

DD only has a cough and cold but last time I sent her to school with a cold, it turned into flu during the day and she was really ill when I picked her up and had to have a week off school. Hopefully this time, she will be able to rest and get over it before it gets too tight a hold.
Old May 1st 2008, 8:25 pm

Thanks Nicky. This isn't our only option, but it is our favoured one. I am sure that they don't realise how much pressure we are under from the EA to commit. It's like walking a tightrope, one wrong move and we could lose everything.

Your bloody EA needs slapping, it would be great to do that wouldn't it? I will keep everything firmly crossed xx

LOL, are you sure you were just being moaned at last night?? All that talk of wearing the OH's out.......

That was funny and I really like whoever said keep them waiting for weeks and then it is all over was that Hayles?

DD only has a cough and cold but last time I sent her to school with a cold, it turned into flu during the day and she was really ill when I picked her up and had to have a week off school. Hopefully this time, she will be able to rest and get over it before it gets too tight a hold.
Hope it doesn't turn nasty but there is a lot about at the mo round here. DD1 just had 2 days off work and laid in bed the whole time. Could we ever do that?

We all have to have some luck soon don't we?

Nicky
Old May 1st 2008, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Hi Guys hope you are all well.
Fly have you given that EA a talking too yet?
Nicky - hope your OH has recovered from last night You can relax now for a week
Gonnago hope you had a great day yesterday I really enjoyed the birthday thread - very funny. What a great job you have.
Ic - thanks for the link we have had to watch the bacon and eggs one over and over again now too. He is at nursery now so I can get some peace.
Send me some karma had a viewing last night they are under offer and he drove past and liked it, we did the viewing and got a good feeling about things. We have had so many viewings over 30 now but not one offer but we have come down £50k so we are giving it away now. Got 3 viewings tomorrow. The EA have sent around lots of people who are not in position to offer yet and 4 want to offer but can't so no good to me. I actually dreamt about this couple making an offer and then it allmoving very fast.
Keep em crossed guys. Read the thread all the time but soo difficult to keep up with you all Getting old.
Old May 1st 2008, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by maisey
Gonnago hope you had a great day yesterday I really enjoyed the birthday thread - very funny. What a great job you have.
Ic - thanks for the link we have had to watch the bacon and eggs one over and over again now too. He is at nursery now so I can get some peace.
Send me some karma had a viewing last night they are under offer and he drove past and liked it, we did the viewing and got a good feeling about things. We have had so many viewings over 30 now but not one offer but we have come down £50k so we are giving it away now. Got 3 viewings tomorrow. The EA have sent around lots of people who are not in position to offer yet and 4 want to offer but can't so no good to me. I actually dreamt about this couple making an offer and then it allmoving very fast.
Keep em crossed guys. Read the thread all the time but soo difficult to keep up with you all Getting old.
Hi Maisey, will keep everything so tightly crossed for you and FA. Relax for a week, I was hoping for longer

Can't imagine having 30 viewings and having to keep it clean all that time. Surely somebody will have it now that you have reduced. The market is apparently picking up now so could be a good time ahead for all of us.

Nicky xx
Old May 1st 2008, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hope it doesn't turn nasty but there is a lot about at the mo round here. DD1 just had 2 days off work and laid in bed the whole time. Could we ever do that?

We all have to have some luck soon don't we?

Nicky
I wish I could spend all day in bed too!

Yes it was Hayles who mentioned the don't do it for ages plan.

I still have my fingers crossed for you to get an offer really soon. I know you said you are going anyway, (great decision) but it would be better for you to sell. I hope the price drop works.

Originally Posted by maisey
Fingers crossed for you too Maisey - I really hope these people come back with an offer. 30 viewings... all that cleaning... it must pay off soon hun. Ks sent for good luck.

I haven't spoken to me EA yet. We have our rental flat on the market with them too and have a 2nd viewing on Saturday, so don't want to upset them before then. As I said, it's a tightrope... Hopefully they will be shut over the holiday weekend and we will get some peace of mind.
Old May 1st 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

I wish I could spend all day in bed too!

Yes it was Hayles who mentioned the don't do it for ages plan.

I still have my fingers crossed for you to get an offer really soon. I know you said you are going anyway, (great decision) but it would be better for you to sell. I hope the price drop works.

Fingers crossed for you too Maisey - I really hope these people come back with an offer. 30 viewings... all that cleaning... it must pay off soon hun. Ks sent for good luck.

I haven't spoken to me EA yet. We have our rental flat on the market with them too and have a 2nd viewing on Saturday, so don't want to upset them before then. As I said, it's a tightrope... Hopefully they will be shut over the holiday weekend and we will get some peace of mind.
Don't you want to kill them I would there needs to be a trust thing but you must wander who they are working for. Thanks for the K's guys phone just rung but was the other EA with another viewing today at 4. My house is so clean. When we sell I am going to turn into waynetta for a week just for the hell of it Going to watch a bit of telly now and have some brekkie. Lets hope the weekend brings lots of viewings to us all. Just had an email from mate in Oz she says weather is lovely at the mo.
Old May 1st 2008, 9:07 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Well had all the agents round, they roughly said the same price apart from 2. OH has now got showing the house down to a fine art, told them all if they were successful they had got to do the viewings. Get this one agent, he said their fees are 1.5% plus £1000 for brochures, £1000 for advertising and the girls from the office who would do the viewing we have to pay them £10 per hour :curse:, also came up with a buyers list, actually showed us this list, what he didn't know was that we knew some of the addresses on there. Not a chance.

Now we can't decide between two agents, are going to have to do a pro's and con's list over the weekend and see who we think will be the best.

Then we join the rest of you in going grey, thought the visa was bad enough.

Lisa
Old May 1st 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Maisey, will keep everything so tightly crossed for you and FA. Relax for a week, I was hoping for longer

Can't imagine having 30 viewings and having to keep it clean all that time. Surely somebody will have it now that you have reduced. The market is apparently picking up now so could be a good time ahead for all of us.

Nicky xx
Depends how good you were

Lets hope that is true and we all sell soon.
Old May 1st 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Laights
Hi all,

Well had all the agents round, they roughly said the same price apart from 2. OH has now got showing the house down to a fine art, told them all if they were successful they had got to do the viewings. Get this one agent, he said their fees are 1.5% plus £1000 for brochures, £1000 for advertising and the girls from the office who would do the viewing we have to pay them £10 per hour :curse:, also came up with a buyers list, actually showed us this list, what he didn't know was that we knew some of the addresses on there. Not a chance.

Now we can't decide between two agents, are going to have to do a pro's and con's list over the weekend and see who we think will be the best.

Then we join the rest of you in going grey, thought the visa was bad enough.

Lisa
Lisa
Was the EA having a laugh and in this market too, bad enough they get paid but thats taking the piss. Did you laugh I think I would have. 0.75 - 1% is about right.
Good luck- break out the hair dye.
Old May 1st 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

So peed off - changed agents finally, after telling them in March they had until the end of the month to pull their finger out, hubby relented and said we would give them February too, as it seemed unfair to drop the price then give the house to another agent, we have been on Since October 2007 - not had 1 single viewing, house has been in paper around 5-6 times, we have no feedback unless we chase them up. Got a bill yesterday for £1416 - theoir professional feels plus advertising!!!!!!! Nearly fell through the floor!!!!

I never signed a contract with them, as we were in the middle of a job at home and I forgot to send it in, the agent said dont worry about it - I felt sick last night, they wont release the HIP till we cough up - hubby working away in Wales so called him devestated - said tell them to sod off and get a new HIP!!!!!! I take back what I said yesterday about him being lovely - almost £1500 for nothing - talk about money for old rope. Hubby who is builder said if he had done no work but filled client with bull he would be embarassed to send a bill!!

What shall I do?? No way can I afford topay them this money - its a joke. I was under the impression it was a no sell no fee like all the other agents - trust me to pick one that doesnt!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.