Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 2nd 2008, 12:43 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Gonnago
FLy - have been requested to re-send police checks wahooo.
it won't be long now !!!!!
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Fab News!!!!
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!!! Did you phone last night or did you just get an email this morning??? Either way you have a CO. You know you can get them in 3 days by paying £35 don't you?????

So excited for you. Not long now.
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:21 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Today in the news :-

The Halifax confirms house price fall ............... i could have told them that .
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johull
I have got a full breakdown on the bill - advertising £750 - although it was only in around 5-6 times tops - professional services £300 website - £30 Sales boards £50 and the HIP was £297 - which he told me it was under £300 - but they have added £52.13 VAT!!!!!!!!!!
There are a lot of estate agents going out of business, so if there is any justice in this world, they will be one of them.

7 months ago the market was only just starting to slide. If they had been doing their job properly you might have sold. I'm mad for you.
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:25 am
Handsome Internet Guy

So peed off - changed agents finally, after telling them in March they had until the end of the month to pull their finger out, hubby relented and said we would give them February too, as it seemed unfair to drop the price then give the house to another agent, we have been on Since October 2007 - not had 1 single viewing, house has been in paper around 5-6 times, we have no feedback unless we chase them up. Got a bill yesterday for £1416 - theoir professional feels plus advertising!!!!!!! Nearly fell through the floor!!!!

I never signed a contract with them, as we were in the middle of a job at home and I forgot to send it in, the agent said dont worry about it - I felt sick last night, they wont release the HIP till we cough up - hubby working away in Wales so called him devestated - said tell them to sod off and get a new HIP!!!!!! I take back what I said yesterday about him being lovely - almost £1500 for nothing - talk about money for old rope. Hubby who is builder said if he had done no work but filled client with bull he would be embarassed to send a bill!!

What shall I do?? No way can I afford topay them this money - its a joke. I was under the impression it was a no sell no fee like all the other agents - trust me to pick one that doesnt!!!!!
I know - I nearly fell thorugh the floor- they have charged £40 for boards - that they have taken back - for him taking the pictures and basically attending the house - I honestly cant believe that after 7 months and not one single viewer they are expecting this ridiculous amount of money!!!!!! I did sign for the HIP though, with the guy who came out, but I cant remember what their name was - the estate agents are charging us for that. We have dropped by £50K - the first time they advertised in the newspaper it was in at £425K - not the £395K they had valued it at - so that would have put off potential viewers straight away!!!! Wonder if thats one of the adverts they are charging for!!!!! Also apparently advertised in a Yorkshire magazine targeted at Harrogate way - we live near Bradford/Leeds so maybe a bit way ot there!!!! Talk about knowing your market!!!!

I am just worried about the HIP really - will ring lady at the new agents today and explain situation to her

What is happening with you Fly - any new developments - this whole house selling is a nightmare isnt it. We have 2 years left on our visas - might not sell the bloody house by then!!!!!!

Excuse the typos- I am at work and keep checking WPHS discreetly - am also still seething with rage over my bill!!!!!
Jesus H Christ , well stuff them , no contract no deal . use the CAB if needs be . good luck
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, I have just been reading the 5 points for investment removed thread. Don't know if you know about this, but before 1st sep you could invest $100,000 in a bond and you got 5 extra points. All of of a sudden the bonds were withdrawn leaving people at the end of their visa application in limbo. I was almost one of these, but because our Skills assessment took so long, we did the IELTS instead. Anyhow, I feel for these people as it could almost have been me and today they have launched a petition to lobby the DIAC to sort out the problem

It's here;

http://www.gopetition.com.au/online/18936.html

Makes our house selling stuff not seem quite so bad.
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:28 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by nickywes

Ic - I am watching the space, have they booked some viewers yet?

Nicky xx
not yet N , not seen brochure yet .. they did floor plan on Weds so i expect to see the brochure tomorrow & get it ok'd
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:36 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Icarus
not yet N , not seen brochure yet .. they did floor plan on Weds so i expect to see the brochure tomorrow & get it ok'd
Well done Hayle. I think if you fax or email them over to the CO they could grant the visa almost immediately. Get ready to start packing.

I am so totally p*****ed off now. The new EA rang me and said that we should drop again, which you know about, and it will go in the paper this week at the new price. Guess what..............not in there:curse::curse:
I am sooooo angry that these bloody EA's lead you on and then don't come up with the goods. F**k, f**k, f**k.

Sorry, nearly forgot Ic, we haven't seen our brochure yet either just the paper copy. I really hope these work for you.
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:39 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Well done Hayle. I think if you fax or email them over to the CO they could grant the visa almost immediately. Get ready to start packing.

I am so totally p*****ed off now. The new EA rang me and said that we should drop again, which you know about, and it will go in the paper this week at the new price. Guess what..............not in there:curse::curse:
I am sooooo angry that these bloody EA's lead you on and then don't come up with the goods. F**k, f**k, f**k.

Sorry, nearly forgot Ic, we haven't seen our brochure yet either just the paper copy. I really hope these work for you.
whats wrong with theses guys ?
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:45 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

whats wrong with theses guys ?
Hey Ic, Just had a thought Lee and Joanee (the one's that just sold) had 2 buyers. Aren't they in your area (is Lincolnshire a big place, not good with geography)?
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:46 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Hey Ic, Just had a thought Lee and Joanee (the one's that just sold) had 2 buyers. Aren't they in your area (is Lincolnshire a big place, not good with geography)?
Its the size of Texas

can't remember where they are , i think its a way from me tho .......... hmmmm not sure why .
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:50 am

Its the size of Texas

can't remember where they are , i think its a way from me tho .......... hmmmm not sure why .
Go and tout for business
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:51 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Go and tout for business
flaunt my wares ?
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:52 am

flaunt my wares ?
Noooo, you don't want to put them off. Just mail drop your house details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.