Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by michell
Thanks for that FA , i have just put ours on there as i didnt know i was allowed to as the EA we are with has sole agency, but the site says you can, so i have, well any viewings is better than no viewings and you never know, fingers crossed anyway, i have only had it on for 1 hr on homesonsale and had 9 hits already,

michell
So long as your EA contract doesn't say they want commission for sales they haven't introduced you're fine. If the contract does say this and you get a private offer, you can always take your house off the market and exchange after the end of the contract with the EA. That way you are safe.

Good luck with it. As you say, viewings are what you need.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
i was just about to say that
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:42 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
So long as your EA contract doesn't say they want commission for sales they haven't introduced you're fine. If the contract does say this and you get a private offer, you can always take your house off the market and exchange after the end of the contract with the EA. That way you are safe.

Good luck with it. As you say, viewings are what you need.

I just had a quick look at the letter they sent us and it says

"We wish to confirm our terms of business,which are in accordance with our confirmation of marketing, that completion of sale with a purchaser introduced by ourselves our fee of 1.25% plus vat will become due,.This a strictly 'no sale no fee' basis"

so i think we are ok

michell
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I just had a quick look at the letter they sent us and it says

"We wish to confirm our terms of business,which are in accordance with our confirmation of marketing, that completion of sale with a purchaser introduced by ourselves our fee of 1.25% plus vat will become due,.This a strictly 'no sale no fee' basis"

so i think we are ok

michell
Sounds absolutely fine! Go for it - you could save yourself 1.25%.

Good luck.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:56 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Sounds absolutely fine! Go for it - you could save yourself 1.25%.

Good luck.
Thank you for good luck , need to try anything at the moment, what do we have to lose except maybe a few thousand or so maybe,

michell
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:20 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Viewing went well folks. They have just accepted an offer and as it was the woman, she wanted to bring her OH back for a second viewing. Need more crossed fingers here!!!
Here you go some magic and sanity for all of us

Morning

It's a Sunday here today, as it's the Queen's birthday (well actually it's her late mother but April is a better month for festivities than winter time). We're waiting for the confirmation of our EA that our buyer agrees with the date of exchanging which will be around mid June if everything works out. So little time............so much to do ............luckily my OH is more sane than I am.

Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:43 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to interupt lol
can i just ask a quick question?, has anyone advertised their property on houseladder or homesonsale? if so what response if any did you get

michell
We have ours on there and have had over 200 hits but no leads or phone calls at all.

Originally Posted by tum
Here you go http://bestsmileys.com/magic/1.gif some magic and sanity for all of us http://bestsmileys.com/silly/13.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/silly/24.gif

Morning

It's a Sunday here today, as it's the Queen's birthday (well actually it's her late mother but April is a better month for festivities than winter time). We're waiting for the confirmation of our EA that our buyer agrees with the date of exchanging which will be around mid June if everything works out. So little time............so much to do http://bestsmileys.com/panic/2.gif............luckily my OH is more sane than I am.

Morning M, it is so exciting isn't it. Exchange mid June, that gives you time to plan stuff at least. Good luck

Nicky xx
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:34 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all
Thumbs down Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Thought I would cheer everyone up
Turned on PC this morning and was greeted with this on the Yahoo homepage:

House prices have fallen by an average of nearly £45 a day since the beginning of the year.
New figures show that the average value of a home in the UK has dropped by £44.39 every 24 hours or £310.73 a week so far during 2008, as the property market slows down.

The pace of the falls has accelerated during the past 30 days, with homes seeing an average of £55.40 a day knocked off their value, according to property valuation website Zoopla.co.uk.

Overall, the group said the average price of a home in the UK had fallen from £224,046 at the beginning of January to £218,764 on April 28.

People in London, where property prices are highest, have been the biggest losers, seeing an average of £133.58 a day or nearly £1,000 a week wiped off the value of their home.

Homeowners in Surrey have seen the second biggest falls of £96.41 a day on average, followed by those in the Isle of Wight at £96.12 a day.

Properties in Berkshire and Oxfordshire have seen seen falls of more than £90 a day, while homes in Devon and Middlesex have seen ones of more than £80 a day.

At the other end of the scale, homes in Hertfordshire have been affected the least by the downturn, seeing an average of just £5.25 knocked off their value on a daily basis.

Properties in Wiltshire have suffered daily slides of only £5.35 and homes in Cambridgeshire have seen £9.12 knocked off prices every day this year.

Unsurprisingly, detached homes have seen the biggest price falls, losing an average of £71.68 a day during the past 30 days, but flats in England have actually seen their prices rise by an average of £2.84 a day since the beginning of the year after suffering price falls towards the end of 2007.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
Thought I would cheer everyone up

House prices have fallen by an average of nearly £45 a day since the beginning of the year.
New figures show that the average value of a home in the UK has dropped by £44.39 every 24 hours or £310.73 a week so far during 2008, as the property market slows down.

The pace of the falls has accelerated during the past 30 days, with homes seeing an average of £55.40 a day knocked off their value, according to property valuation website Zoopla.co.uk.

Overall, the group said the average price of a home in the UK had fallen from £224,046 at the beginning of January to £218,764 on April 28.

People in London, where property prices are highest, have been the biggest losers, seeing an average of £133.58 a day or nearly £1,000 a week wiped off the value of their home.

Homeowners in Surrey have seen the second biggest falls of £96.41 a day on average, followed by those in the Isle of Wight at £96.12 a day.

Properties in Berkshire and Oxfordshire have seen seen falls of more than £90 a day, while homes in Devon and Middlesex have seen ones of more than £80 a day.

At the other end of the scale, homes in Hertfordshire have been affected the least by the downturn, seeing an average of just £5.25 knocked off their value on a daily basis.

Properties in Wiltshire have suffered daily slides of only £5.35 and homes in Cambridgeshire have seen £9.12 knocked off prices every day this year.

Unsurprisingly, detached homes have seen the biggest price falls, losing an average of £71.68 a day during the past 30 days, but flats in England have actually seen their prices rise by an average of £2.84 a day since the beginning of the year after suffering price falls towards the end of 2007.

Oh, thanks for that

Sam
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tum
Here you go http://bestsmileys.com/magic/1.gif some magic and sanity for all of us http://bestsmileys.com/silly/13.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/silly/24.gif

Morning

It's a Sunday here today, as it's the Queen's birthday (well actually it's her late mother but April is a better month for festivities than winter time). We're waiting for the confirmation of our EA that our buyer agrees with the date of exchanging which will be around mid June if everything works out. So little time............so much to do http://bestsmileys.com/panic/2.gif............luckily my OH is more sane than I am.

Thanks M. That was lovely!

Hope you have a lovely day off and fingers crossed that your buyer, (isn't that a lovely word?) agrees to a date soon. Rainy and cold here - hope it's better with you today and you can get out somewhere nice with Joe.

Originally Posted by nickywes
We have ours on there and have had over 200 hits but no leads or phone calls at all.

Morning M, it is so exciting isn't it. Exchange mid June, that gives you time to plan stuff at least. Good luck

Nicky xx
Morning Nicky, funny that houseladder didn't work for you - there are quite few houses around here for sale on it - so I suppose it is better known.

Fingers crossed for some viewers for you. xxxx

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
Thought I would cheer everyone up :

Thanks. I can quite believe it. Ours has gone down more than 10% in a year - even on the lowest valuation.

I am still counting on everyone to keep their fingers crossed - I have lots of irons in the fire and I hope at least one will come to fruition soon. That's a fab mixed metaphor isn't it?

BTW a little bird told me that it's Gonnago's birthday tomorrow.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:46 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

morning all ,

read the same on bbc web page . never mind eh .

i also see it is her b/day ...
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morning all ,

read the same on bbc web page . never mind eh .

i also see it is her b/day ...
Morning Ic,

Shall we plan a surprise party?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:57 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Ic,

Shall we plan a surprise party?
lets ,, we could dress up ?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:58 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

i found a flaw in your plan ... the suprise bit
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lets ,, we could dress up ?
What as??? Haiiwan would be fun.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.