Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:43 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
PMSL - very close to the truth there!

Well I have more news and I don't know what to think about it. Had a phonecall from EA saying the offer had been increased by £10k but before she did that, she asked me if my OH had agreed to the £640K. I said not. Then she said said there was another £10K.

Anyhow, she says this is his last offer and is only open until Friday. Now this has started alarm bells ringing - why give us a deadline? The people coming on Saturday are developers too. Does he want to stop them seeing it? How does he know? He seems to be very cosy with the EAs, (got first look, on first name terms etc.) I said if we accepted that we would want it left on the market until he commited. So if we accept and this Saturday viewing is cancelled, we will know they are in league. EA says this is the best offer we are going to get in this climate - and the market is reducing every day. She is really pressurising me to accept - I say I can't as I have to speak to OH.

I feel physically sick. If we accept, we lose £100K (£50k off purchase price 3 years ago and £50k we spent on it.) Obviously we have until exchange to pull out but OH reckons the EAs won't bother marketing it once there is a sale agreed. I wish I knew if prices were going to drop further or if this was a silly blip and things will get better in 6 months time. It is our first offer in 11 months. Maybe it is the only one we will get?

OH wants to reject it. I want to sell this flamin house. You know how it has driven me mad trying to sell it. I don't want to sell it at any cost though. I know how Beth felt now.

HELP.
Only just read this (i am miles behind with the thread again!)
dont really know what to suggest ... i would be worried about the deadline thing - sounds too pushy to me - not to mention the fact that he is not going to complete for so long
Just doesnt sound quite right somehow. I think i am with P on not accepting this one ... it is not the right combination of price/conditions ... but then i know how you feel too

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Fly I think with this one you are going to have to bite the bullet and tell it as it is. Get onto the agent and tell him that your not putting up with it. That you are willing to consider the offer but will not be bound until contract.

If he isnt going to play ball then let him go, and you can always tempt him back monday if you get nowhere with this other guy.

Like I say if he wants it he wants it.

exellent advice

A x
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:58 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi

Hope do well with your car boot sale.
We spent ages last week filling the car, hubby went on his own, no room in the car for anyone else! only to find it had to find it had been cancelled:curse:

So will check more carefully this week. As far as prices are concerned, I'm not sure because I don't really care what we are get for the stuff as long as it does not come home again!
I have sold some other stuff on Ebay, when I thought I could get a reasonable price.

Sam

Thanks Sam, sorry he had wasted trip. Im not looking to getting too much for it but its all too good to give away. Every bit helps

Joex
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

just catching up with this thread, you don't come on for a day and you have a few pages to read lol

well FA it think you should do what everyone else has said, me I would defo wait for the other viewer on sat and see what they say, also say to them that you have just had an offer-- if they are intrested they might be able to nagotiate a better offer there and then

To everyone else that has has viewing good luck I hope they put offer's in.

Well update from me I have a new EA from the 1st May. They are already have a house up for sale in our street and its had 11 viewings in 4 weeks. so hopefully I will at least be able to get someone threw the door
well fingers crossed anyway!!!!!!!!!

emma
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Got to viewings tomorrow morning house is smelling fresh and is shining bright and what have my cats gone and done? Brought in a live mouse and its running round my kitchen behind my cupboards that will be nice when it pops its little head out when the viewers come wont it
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Got to viewings tomorrow morning house is smelling fresh and is shining bright and what have my cats gone and done? Brought in a live mouse and its running round my kitchen behind my cupboards that will be nice when it pops its little head out when the viewers come wont it
Wow two viewings in one day thats fab!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope they are coming at the same time, so they can compete for your house
Don't know what to say about the mouse though, I think your barve to still be in the house
good luck

emma
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL.

That happened to me once when we had visitors - frightened them to death when it popped out from under the cooker at breakfast time.

Edit - posted before I was ready - just wanted to say VERY good luck with the viewings.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:08 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

hi all , good luck Tina two in one day !

our EA rung this morning asking why we had gave them 2 weeks notice .........errr ... anyway , they will endevour to get it sold before the 2 weeks is up ... ok i said .
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Icarus

our EA rung this morning asking why we had gave them 2 weeks notice .........errr ... anyway , they will endevour to get it sold before the 2 weeks is up ... ok i said .
Good luck IC, our EA sold our just after we gave them there notice so they might just do that for you fingers crossed anyway!!!!!!!!
We have just given our EA the notice again, so hopefully they will find us another buyer, but if not we have another EA starting on the 1st May.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:13 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart
Good luck IC, our EA sold our just after we gave them there notice so they might just do that for you fingers crossed anyway!!!!!!!!
We have just given our EA the notice again, so hopefully they will find us another buyer, but if not we have another EA starting on the 1st May.
Hey Emma , thanks lets hope it will kick things off for us both .

GOOD LUCK !!!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:43 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the viewings, oh and tell your cats to get rid of the mouse , pretty nice of them though, at least your the supreme boss of the house otherwise those cats wouldn't have given you a mouse

Why did you tell them ok? Can't imagine why you did that
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:19 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by tum
Good luck with the viewings, oh and tell your cats to get rid of the mouse , pretty nice of them though, at least your the supreme boss of the house otherwise those cats wouldn't have given you a mouse

Why did you tell them ok? Can't imagine why you did that
well i did tell them i wasn't chuffed !
Old Apr 17th 2008, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Funny how they can pull their finger out when it suits them isn't it

We had bad news our buyer has lost their buyer again (so glad we didn't take ours off the market) but they have had another offer from someone else bout 10k lower than before so she wants us to drop another 10k.

Her agent has told her the offer on her flat is a good offer and the best she will get . But she wants us to drop as she wont be morg free and won't be able to put a conservatory on our house. My heart bleeds for her!.

So I've told her to find another house to buy as we will not be dropping. I can't be arsed with the silly cow she's just being greedy now. She doesn't need a conservatory, 2 of them are moving into a 3 bed house with hugh kitchen family room as well as a lounge.

Oh well lets hope the 2 coming tomorrow are Tom and Jerry fans

Tina x
Old Apr 17th 2008, 6:48 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gonnago
nicky - I was in Stansted this morning, Dropping my DH and Dad off for their weekend in Ireland.

Fly - how are you today? Im sure your head is pickled.
Wish I had know you were there, my mum landed at 9.30 this morning so had to fight the traffic on the way there.

Good luck with the viewings, two in a day is good because all the cleaning in one go. You can add the mouse as an extra

Originally Posted by suart
Hey Emma , thanks lets hope it will kick things off for us both .

GOOD LUCK !!!
Good luck for new EA's

We had bad news our buyer has lost their buyer again (so glad we didn't take ours off the market) but they have had another offer from someone else bout 10k lower than before so she wants us to drop another 10k.

Her agent has told her the offer on her flat is a good offer and the best she will get . But she wants us to drop as she wont be morg free and won't be able to put a conservatory on our house. My heart bleeds for her!.

So I've told her to find another house to buy as we will not be dropping. I can't be arsed with the silly cow she's just being greedy now. She doesn't need a conservatory, 2 of them are moving into a 3 bed house with hugh kitchen family room as well as a lounge.

Tina x
Think people are taking the mick now with asking for another drop, its not your fault they lost their buyers.

Nicky xx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Tina x
I also would tell them to do one!!!!!!!!!!
Its a buyers market as we know but they should know better how heart breaking it is for us lot loosing good hard earned money.
good luck with the 2 tomorrow, fingers crossed

emma
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:46 am
Just Joined

capo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the rough

deleted by capo

Last edited by capo; Apr 17th 2008 at 11:05 am. Reason: To allow you your fantasies... lets see what happens in the next few months

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.