Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 26th 2007, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Whinging Pom House seller

OMG amanda, lots of congrats, have a lovely meal, and lots of bubbly[/QUOTE]

FANKS YEAHHHHH

A X
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:09 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Have you all seen the exchange rate?
it is up to 2.369 - do we think it will keep going up?!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Have you all seen the exchange rate?
it is up to 2.369 - do we think it will keep going up?!
Hope so for all your sakes!!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:14 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hope so for all your sakes!!
trouble is that until we have exchanged we cant afford to book a price
it would take all our spare cash to put down the 5% deposit and if something happened and the house fell through we would be going to oz with nothing

just need the rate to keep heading up and our buyers to agree to an exchange date
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

trouble is that until we have exchanged we cant afford to book a price
it would take all our spare cash to put down the 5% deposit and if something happened and the house fell through we would be going to oz with nothing

just need the rate to keep heading up and our buyers to agree to an exchange date
Fingers crossed you exchange soon and the rate stays up! We calculated our move on a rate of 2.3, so anything above that is good for us. What's your minimum rate? At least you can transfer small amounts at a time if the rate isn't so good and wait until it rises to make the big transfer! I think you are wise to wait until you exchange, it's not worth taking the risk.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:33 am
sneaking a peek ...

Fingers crossed you exchange soon and the rate stays up! We calculated our move on a rate of 2.3, so anything above that is good for us. What's your minimum rate? At least you can transfer small amounts at a time if the rate isn't so good and wait until it rises to make the big transfer! I think you are wise to wait until you exchange, it's not worth taking the risk.
I dont think we really have a minimum - our move was never depending on how much money we could take (which is just as well as we dont have that much ) but every little extra helps!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I dont think we really have a minimum - our move was never depending on how much money we could take (which is just as well as we dont have that much ) but every little extra helps!
We just got used to converting at 2.3, so we are hoping to get that or better. Psycologically it would feel like we were losing money if we exchange at a lower rate. If we had to, we would though!

Anyway, how was your day? Did you get everything done you wanted to get done?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:23 am
sneaking a peek ...

We just got used to converting at 2.3, so we are hoping to get that or better. Psycologically it would feel like we were losing money if we exchange at a lower rate. If we had to, we would though!

Anyway, how was your day? Did you get everything done you wanted to get done?
been doing paperwork all night - again!
it does actually feels like i am getting somewhere today though - which is a bonus!
only a few cupboards left to do (plus under eldests bed but i am not thinking about that if i can help it ) paperwork is now actually making sense. Most of our money is now where it should be (as best we can until the house sells) with all the big moving bills covered. I still have a very long list to work through but it is feeling more managable.
GOT to do the suitcase packing tomorrow - and i hate packing
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

been doing paperwork all night - again!
it does actually feels like i am getting somewhere today though - which is a bonus!
only a few cupboards left to do (plus under eldests bed but i am not thinking about that if i can help it ) paperwork is now actually making sense. Most of our money is now where it should be (as best we can until the house sells) with all the big moving bills covered. I still have a very long list to work through but it is feeling more managable.
GOT to do the suitcase packing tomorrow - and i hate packing
All sounds good!

Packing suitcases is a nightmare! For some reason, men can't pack either. Although, that said, they don't take as much as women! At least you have nice new cases all lined up. Are you taking your lappies in your luggage?? I'm not sure how to transport ours.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

coooooooeeeeeeeeee you lot!! am at singapore airport with a fat arse and knackered but very excited - if you see tigeress white point her in my direction please bye for now xxx
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
coooooooeeeeeeeeee you lot!! am at singapore airport with a fat arse and knackered but very excited - if you see tigeress white point her in my direction please bye for now xxx
Nice to hear from you - safe travels...

Lau x
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of

You lucky sod Im sooo jealous enjoy the rest of your journey

Amanda xx
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone,
packers coming tomorrow and my back has gone into spasm, on diazipam and painkillers, rekon a lot more will go in the container than I want but in so much pain, hope it settles down before flights
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:26 pm
sneaking a peek ...

morning all!

All sounds good!

Packing suitcases is a nightmare! For some reason, men can't pack either. Although, that said, they don't take as much as women! At least you have nice new cases all lined up. Are you taking your lappies in your luggage?? I'm not sure how to transport ours.
Graz never packs enough and then expects me to have the rest of the stuff he needs
We are only taking one of the laptops (we will have to share!) and it is going in Graz's hand luggage - he bought a rucksack with the straps for it inside.

HI!!!
Sounds like you are having a good journey! Dont forget to let us know when you land
hugs A
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:28 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by somme
Hi everyone,
packers coming tomorrow and my back has gone into spasm, on diazipam and painkillers, rekon a lot more will go in the container than I want but in so much pain, hope it settles down before flights
morning somme
omg you are in a worse state than me
the last time i took diazipam it literally knocked me out - i certainly wouldnt have been able to type on a computer

make sure you rest as much as possible - fingers crossed and hugs for feeling better asap

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.