Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 28th 2008, 1:07 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6404315]
Originally Posted by nickywes

I know - but the buyer might just be being awkward and an indemnity policy costs about £200 and the buyers solicitor will advise him that he will be legally covered forever - even after the NHBC guarantee expires. I know it's stupid as it isn't needed but... to keep the buyer happy.... it's worth it. hopefully his solicitor can convince him that the NHBC guarantee is good enough though.

Think the safety certificate would be the quickest thing to do.

How exciting getting the shippers in - I think we will have to move to a rental first - eek. It will help us cut our stuff down though. Saw a lovely house for rent in Adelaide - with a pool and 2 ensuites for $320 pw online last night... wish we were there...

I have been having a quick look too as we will go into rental also. Even if the house sells we will still rent over there first to make sure we like it and the area etc. First removal company coming tomorrow, all the rest in June.

I am getting a bit confused with all the organisation to do with moving and renting this place out rather than selling it.

Been looking at flights for DD to come over for Xmas £1k plus.

Shopping was fun - spent SO much as DD was throwing stuff in the trolley. Have been really careful lately and it's blown now.
Get more stuff on ebay for your next shopping trip
Old May 28th 2008, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
ME NEITHER!!!!!!

Beth x x
Ok you're 007Beth and I'll be MoneypenNic.

Secret agents comitted to escaping stalag UK.
Old May 28th 2008, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hiya Somme - great to see you!

I have 2 crap offers on it - trying to get them to increase, if they won't we'll have to decide if we can drop that low... TBH I think the market is spiraling downwards and we will accept the best offer we can get out of these two. Gutting when we had an offer £140K MORE than the highest offer last year and they pulled out.:curse:

Hope you're OK - what's happening with you?? When are you going to Adelaide?
£140K is a lot wow but would agree, house prices still coming down here though. Dave has given up his job and is studying full time as we fly to Adelaide on the 20 June for 10 days, getting together with Tiggs who is doing much better
Old May 28th 2008, 1:10 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Ok you're 007Beth and I'll be MoneypenNic.

Secret agents comitted to escaping stalag UK.
Who wants to be Jaws....LOL
Beth x x
Old May 28th 2008, 1:18 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Beth x x
I will, i've got a big gob
Old May 28th 2008, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=nickywes;6404405]

I have been having a quick look too as we will go into rental also. Even if the house sells we will still rent over there first to make sure we like it and the area etc. First removal company coming tomorrow, all the rest in June.

I am getting a bit confused with all the organisation to do with moving and renting this place out rather than selling it.

Been looking at flights for DD to come over for Xmas £1k plus.

Get more stuff on ebay for your next shopping trip
Thanks - I made her pay for a Nintendo game with the money she made from selling her toys on Ebay a few weeks back. Evil Mum I am. The idea was to exchange the money for $ and then buy new in Oz - she only has £25 left now and wants to sell more toys.

Speaking of Ebay - I have £40 of bids already this week - rads and valves mainly from the storage unit.

Much more sensible to rent first - we might rent for 2 years as we may move on to Sydney or Melbourne once we get PR. Lots of work there for OH. Our 2 other properties might have sold by then and we'll have a bigger deposit to buy.

Renting isn't too difficult - especially with an agent. Get a few round and ask if they can do a full mangement service. If they do - they will sort the Gas safety cert and bond deposit registration. They should also be able to do repairs and decorating etc. They will also pay bilss / CTax etc during empty periods. They will charge you through the nose for this though.:curse:

No news from our 2nd rental. Relly pissed off with the agents.:curse: (What's new????)

£1k for for flights EEK
Old May 28th 2008, 1:23 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

ROTFPMSL
FAF
Beth x x
Old May 28th 2008, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
£140K is a lot wow

Tell me about it.

but would agree, house prices still coming down here though.

Not in Adelaide yet.

Dave has given up his job and is studying full time as we fly to Adelaide on the 20 June for 10 days, getting together with Tiggs who is doing much better
Great to hear you are getting together with Tiggs - hope you have a fab time. Gonnago is flying in on the 30th - you'll just miss her! I wish I was there too... Hope Dave gets a permanent job after he has his ticket and you can feel a bit more settled.

Beth x x
PMSL

Here's your answer.
Old May 28th 2008, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Parents have a second viewing on their house today... fingers crossed.... coz IF they sell before we do, ....... they want to buy ours!

Hoorah!

Hope I'm not jinxing anything by posting this news on here.... I am SO excited!
Old May 28th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6404518]Great to hear you are getting together with Tiggs - hope you have a fab time. Gonnago is flying in on the 30th - you'll just miss her! I wish I was there too... Hope Dave gets a permanent job after he has his ticket and you can feel a bit more settled.

We will just miss her as flying back on the 30th I do feel really settled now I think it happens to everyone after all the organising to get out here, you are just too exhusted to take everything in but we are really enjoying it now I am sure Dave will get a perm job when he has his ticket, the studying is not easy though poor bu**er but he will get there.
Old May 28th 2008, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by eddie007
Parents have a second viewing on their house today... fingers crossed.... coz IF they sell before we do, ....... they want to buy ours!

Hoorah!

Hope I'm not jinxing anything by posting this news on here.... I am SO excited!
We all understand everthing crossed
Old May 28th 2008, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=somme;6404570]
Great to hear you are getting together with Tiggs - hope you have a fab time. Gonnago is flying in on the 30th - you'll just miss her! I wish I was there too... Hope Dave gets a permanent job after he has his ticket and you can feel a bit more settled.

We will just miss her as flying back on the 30th I do feel really settled now I think it happens to everyone after all the organising to get out here, you are just too exhusted to take everything in but we are really enjoying it now I am sure Dave will get a perm job when he has his ticket, the studying is not easy though poor bu**er but he will get there.
I'm so glad to hear that you are more settled and enjoying it. I'm sure I will be a mess for a while when we first get there. Poor Dave - at least there is light at the end of the tunnel with the exams etc. Once he has a job, you can start really looking at where you want to be. Not long until your grandson comes over for his holiday now is it? That'll be lovely.

I shall be very envious of you and Tiggs between the 20th and the 30th - I bet you have a riot together. You can go out shopping all day and drink wine all night.
Old May 28th 2008, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6404641]
Originally Posted by somme

I'm so glad to hear that you are more settled and enjoying it. I'm sure I will be a mess for a while when we first get there. Poor Dave - at least there is light at the end of the tunnel with the exams etc. Once he has a job, you can start really looking at where you want to be. Not long until your grandson comes over for his holiday now is it? That'll be lovely.

I shall be very envious of you and Tiggs between the 20th and the 30th - I bet you have a riot together. You can go out shopping all day and drink wine all night.
Daughter and grandson arrive on the 16 July Already booked a holiday to take him to Cairns for 10 days so that will be great and Dave not planning going back to work until the end of August when I take him back

Should have a great time with Tiggs
Old May 28th 2008, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=somme;6404570]

We will just miss her as flying back on the 30th I do feel really settled now I think it happens to everyone after all the organising to get out here, you are just too exhusted to take everything in but we are really enjoying it now I am sure Dave will get a perm job when he has his ticket, the studying is not easy though poor bu**er but he will get there.:
[QUOTE=somme;6404805]

Daughter and grandson arrive on the 16 July Already booked a holiday to take him to Cairns for 10 days so that will be great and Dave not planning going back to work until the end of August when I take him back

Should have a great time with Tiggs
Sounds great - I'm sure you will all have a fabulous time together. I hope they will want to move over too they have visited!

I will watch the news to see if there have been any civil disturbances in Adelaide from the 20th-30th. then Tiggs has Gonnago to deal with - I'm sure she is a party animal!!!

Well, just had another disappointing phone call from the EA - bloomin couple can't afford any more than their offer. I ask you, would you go to view a house which was £70k OVER your budget? I told them we would think about it as they are in a position to proceed quickly. Now I've got to work on the other offer. He was sorting his finances out but he made a private offer £40K more than this couple - but will let me know this week if he can get the money. So have to keep the couple in reserve in case he can't. Why do I always have to wait and wait for other people? As if waiting for the visa isn't bad enough?
Old May 28th 2008, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Whinging Pom House seller

just accepted increased offer on the house!!!!
only been on the markety since saturday, and only one couple came to see it, but they increased their offer by 10k, and are cash buyers in rented accommodation....sound too good to be true, so lets keep everything crossed!!!
Caroline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.