Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 28th 2008, 4:23 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Well, just had another disappointing phone call from the EA - bloomin couple can't afford any more than their offer. I ask you, would you go to view a house which was £70k OVER your budget? I told them we would think about it as they are in a position to proceed quickly. Now I've got to work on the other offer. He was sorting his finances out but he made a private offer £40K more than this couple - but will let me know this week if he can get the money. So have to keep the couple in reserve in case he can't. Why do I always have to wait and wait for other people? As if waiting for the visa isn't bad enough?
When does it ever end N, just one let down after another. I sometimes wonder what the hell have I ever done to anybody to give us such grief Why didn't your house go in the mag in the end, any explanation?

Originally Posted by eddie007
Parents have a second viewing on their house today... fingers crossed.... coz IF they sell before we do, ....... they want to buy ours!

Hoorah!

Hope I'm not jinxing anything by posting this news on here.... I am SO excited!
Will keep everything crossed for you xx

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
just accepted increased offer on the house!!!!
only been on the markety since saturday, and only one couple came to see it, but they increased their offer by 10k, and are cash buyers in rented accommodation....sound too good to be true, so lets keep everything crossed!!!
Caroline
That is fantastic new Caroline, congratulations. Can you spread some of your luck around please
Old May 28th 2008, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

just accepted increased offer on the house!!!!:
only been on the markety since saturday, and only one couple came to see it, but they increased their offer by 10k, and are cash buyers in rented accommodation....sound too good to be true, so lets keep everything crossed!!!
Caroline
Congrats Caroline. At least there are some proper buyers out there. I wish they'd come my way once in a while. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

Originally Posted by nickywes
When does it ever end N, just one let down after another. I sometimes wonder what the hell have I ever done to anybody to give us such grief Why didn't your house go in the mag in the end, any explanation?

I feel the same - why do people think it's Ok to put in insulting offers? The worst thing is, I am trying to keep them happy in case the other guy doesn't come through. We would probably accept such a low offer just to get out of here now. Crap, crap visa which means we have to move straight away.:curse: I must have done something bad in a past life, that's all I can think of. Although, I'm sure it's because we had the audacity to think outside of the box, do well and contemplate leaving the UK.

I didn't speak to the the person who said my ad would be in - it was a clerk. I will wait until I can speak to her and let rip.

Will keep everything crossed for you xx

That is fantastic new Caroline, congratulations. Can you spread some of your luck around pleaseD
Yes we need some luck... I do keep wondering if our luck is to sell now - what if it gets much much worse???
Old May 28th 2008, 4:43 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Yes we need some luck... I do keep wondering if our luck is to sell now - what if it gets much much worse???
That is the one thing that is pushing me to rent it out (apart from the fact that we want to get out of here). I think, same as you, been through a recession once and it scares the hell out of me. I am really nervous renting out though and how it will all pan out in the long run.

Lets hope we get some viewers this weekend
Old May 28th 2008, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

just accepted increased offer on the house!!!!
Caroline
Great news hope it goes smoothly and quickly for you xx

Originally Posted by eddie007
Parents have a second viewing on their house today... fingers crossed.... coz IF they sell before we do, ....... they want to buy ours!

Hoorah!

Hope I'm not jinxing anything by posting this news on here.... I am SO excited!
Hope they do sell fingers crossed for them xx

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6404857][QUOTE=somme;6404570]

Originally Posted by somme

Sounds great - I'm sure you will all have a fabulous time together. I hope they will want to move over too they have visited!

I will watch the news to see if there have been any civil disturbances in Adelaide from the 20th-30th. then Tiggs has Gonnago to deal with - I'm sure she is a party animal!!!

Well, just had another disappointing phone call from the EA - bloomin couple can't afford any more than their offer. I ask you, would you go to view a house which was £70k OVER your budget? I told them we would think about it as they are in a position to proceed quickly. Now I've got to work on the other offer. He was sorting his finances out but he made a private offer £40K more than this couple - but will let me know this week if he can get the money. So have to keep the couple in reserve in case he can't. Why do I always have to wait and wait for other people? As if waiting for the visa isn't bad enough?
Don't know why people look at houses that far over their budget hoping they can get a bargain do you know what they have sold their house for? Lets hope the other buyer pulls through for ya xx

Had a bit of a sort out today went and cashed in loads of old bits of jejewelryhat has been laying in a draw for years God the price of gold has really shot up got loads for it so bought myself some good nice stuff feel bad now should have put it towards the Oz fund.... BAD FEELING GONE..LOVE MY NEW BLING

More sorting out tomorrow wonder what i can find to sell? and buy more Bling
Old May 28th 2008, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

That is the one thing that is pushing me to rent it out (apart from the fact that we want to get out of here). I think, same as you, been through a recession once and it scares the hell out of me. I am really nervous renting out though and how it will all pan out in the long run.::

Lets hope we get some viewers this weekend::
Once you are in the swing of renting it is OK - so long as you don't have too many vacant periods. We forget ours most of the time. We'll have to forget them for a good few years more I expect.... I'm not looking forward to managing them long distance, but needs must.... The thing with recessions is that they don't last forever. When it is over we will still have valuable property.

Originally Posted by steveandtina

Don't know why people look at houses that far over their budget hoping they can get a bargain do you know what they have sold their house for? Lets hope the other buyer pulls through for ya xx

Thanks Tina - don't know what they sold theirs for - do know they are only applying for a mortgage for half the value of the house. So should get it easily.

Had a bit of a sort out today went and cashed in loads of old bits of jejewelryhat has been laying in a draw for years God the price of gold has really shot up got loads for it so bought myself some good nice stuff feel bad now should have put it towards the Oz fund.... BAD FEELING GONE..LOVE MY NEW BLING::

More sorting out tomorrow wonder what i can find to sell? and buy more Bling:
Enjoy your bling - I sent some off to be valued last week. I hope it's worth more than I think. At least you know you can sell your bling if you need the money!
Old May 28th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

wow things seem to be moving for some on here!!!!!!!!!
please send me luck my way. Just got off the phone to them now, could not get through all day. They have said they have not had an intrest in the house and nothing is moving at all. I have waited since Friday for them to tell me that, think I need a new EA or to go multi agency. Feeling very stressed and unhappy today may even hit the bottle

By the way just wondering whats happening with the intrest rate?
My EA said they r going up wtf is going on, I thought Mr Brown was going to help lower them.
Old May 28th 2008, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by suart
please send me luck my way. Just got off the phone to them now, could not get through all day. They have said they have not had an intrest in the house and nothing is moving at all. I have waited since Friday for them to tell me that, think I need a new EA or to go multi agency. Feeling very stressed and unhappy today may even hit the bottle

My EA said they r going up wtf is going on, I thought Mr Brown was going to help lower them.
Bloomin heck - I hope not! Have stopped listening to the news because it is so depressing. OH hasn't heard this either??

Hope you hear something soon Emma - it's soul destroying isn't it?

Another EA (not the one selling our house), told me to sell up, sit in a rental for 2 years and watch the prices fall - how awful is that!! It's one of the reasons we're contemplating taking a low offer.
Old May 28th 2008, 5:59 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart

Andrew said he read last week that the interest rates may go back up again due to high inflation :curse:
Beth x x
Old May 28th 2008, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Andrew said he read last week that the interest rates may go back up again due to high inflation :curse:
Beth x x
Thing is, inflation is due to oil and food prices - what can we do about those??? Not much.:curse: REALLY need to sell now.
Old May 28th 2008, 6:28 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Wow great news Caroline, hope it all goes through quickly and smoothly. Hope some good luck rubs off on us all too

Joexx
Old May 28th 2008, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Whinging Pom House seller

That is fantastic new Caroline, congratulations. Can you spread some of your luck around please[/QUOTE]

Sending good luck karma your way, and wishes for smooth proceedings to all that need it
Caroline

Last edited by carolinephillips; May 28th 2008 at 7:57 am. Reason: typo
Old May 28th 2008, 8:43 am

Guess what I have just gone and done?

Booked our flights We will leave on 23rd October regardless of whether we sell or not

Was just checking on flights and found a really good deal for business class, so booked them

Pressure is on now but don't care
Old May 28th 2008, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Booked our flights We will leave on 23rd October regardless of whether we sell or not

Was just checking on flights and found a really good deal for business class, so booked them

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!

Now you've got something to plan towards.

I hope we will be flying out at a similar time......
Old May 28th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

wahhey Nic that is fantastic - I love spontanaity (even if i cant spell it)
at least you have something to look forward to now.

Fly - sorry to hear about the offer not increasing, fingers well and truly crossed for this other guy.
Old May 28th 2008, 8:50 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say...

It doesn't matter how down I'm feeling, just to pop by here always gives me a smile. You're all so supportive to each other, cracking jokes when things must be really tough for you... thanks all of you, just for being you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.