Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 4th 2008, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
The stuff I am dreading is the sentimental things. I am only child and only grandchild on both sides and have inherited everyone's photos and precious things - goodness knows how I can decide what to ditch...
The only way to do this is to go through it all & pick a few from the many.
Do you really look at them all anyway?
Old May 4th 2008, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michell
feeling a little down today, dont know why though, have had house on market for only 3 weeks , nothing compared to some but had no viewings, i had to phone EA on fri for any info or if he has anybody on his books the least bit interested, answer was basically "NO" , so been trawling the internet trying to put it onto as many free websites as possible, i have even looked at those rip of merchants who buy your house in 7 days and offer you up to 80% of the value of your house, dont know why though maybe i thought i might find one that offered a bit closer to the 100%, hubby and me had a few crossed words today as well , me worrying if we dont sell the house our dream of moving to Aus will slip down the drain, as job offer sponsorship wont last forever, hubby said well we will cross that bridge if we come to it, i dont know how he can be so layed back about it all, his answer is what will be will be , and you cant do sod all about it, i am moaning at my kids constantly about keeping the house tidy 'just in case' we get a viewer , but i feel so mean as normally they play and then i tidy up later when they in bed, but i am like big green monster at the mo even moaning at hubby for not throwing the duvet over the bed when he got up after me ,

let me have someone view so i can at least get some ideas as to what is right or wrong about my house, thats all i ask, oh and to sell quick smart , i wish , sorry to go on but that is my rant and moan for the day , had to get it off my chest as wanna give hubby and kids a break from my constant moaning lately

michell
It does get you down doesn't it? We had a period between October and January when we had no viewings at all. I know it's not what you want to hear, but the market is dire. There is nothing wrong with your house, but people are too scared to buy right now in case prices fall. The only way to attract people is by price. So if you can cut the price so that you are the best house in your price bracket, you might stand a chance. Maybe offering a gifted deposit would attract people too????

I really hope that things pick up for you soon - this is the best time to sell and there must be people looking. People have to move house for lots of reasons.

Feel free to come on here and moan - we all do!!
Old May 4th 2008, 5:03 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by michell
feeling a little down today, dont know why though, have had house on market for only 3 weeks , nothing compared to some but had no viewings, i had to phone EA on fri for any info or if he has anybody on his books the least bit interested, answer was basically "NO" , so been trawling the internet trying to put it onto as many free websites as possible, i have even looked at those rip of merchants who buy your house in 7 days and offer you up to 80% of the value of your house, dont know why though maybe i thought i might find one that offered a bit closer to the 100%, hubby and me had a few crossed words today as well , me worrying if we dont sell the house our dream of moving to Aus will slip down the drain, as job offer sponsorship wont last forever, hubby said well we will cross that bridge if we come to it, i dont know how he can be so layed back about it all, his answer is what will be will be , and you cant do sod all about it, i am moaning at my kids constantly about keeping the house tidy 'just in case' we get a viewer , but i feel so mean as normally they play and then i tidy up later when they in bed, but i am like big green monster at the mo even moaning at hubby for not throwing the duvet over the bed when he got up after me ,

let me have someone view so i can at least get some ideas as to what is right or wrong about my house, thats all i ask, oh and to sell quick smart , i wish , sorry to go on but that is my rant and moan for the day , had to get it off my chest as wanna give hubby and kids a break from my constant moaning lately

michell
Hey michell moan away at us, don't mind at all. I have become the biggest pain in the arse going. I even point at bits on our carpet to whoever is walking past I have now told DS that if he leaves any more clothes on the floor I will take his car keys away for a week. I have gone on and on to OH about the bloody EA's not doing their job properly. You can always ask the EA to give you a couple of hours if they ring so that you have a bit of time to tidy up after the kids.

We are the same, so much stuff that is worth a few pounds and no way to get rid of it... You could get rid of your kids stuff to Women's aid - they always need stuff and the TVs etc will go on freecycle. Salvation Army will take furniture and kitchen stuff. It's galling though, when you know you spent good money on the stuff.

Boot sales are a pain... don't think I'll bother. We have organised for a lot of our stuff to go to auction too - even the modern stuff. They will just come and collect when we have sold - if we ever sell...

The stuff I am dreading is the sentimental things. I am only child and only grandchild on both sides and have inherited everyone's photos and precious things - goodness knows how I can decide what to ditch...
I think you may have to take the lot, will be hard to decide what not to take.
Will look into freecycle and Salvation Army, good idea.
Old May 4th 2008, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
The only way to do this is to go through it all & pick a few from the many.
Do you really look at them all anyway?
I am a family historian - so I do look at them all.... I am a sad person.

I know what you mean though. I have decided to send most of the china I inherited to auction - and the jewellery. It's very sad though as I would have like to have passed it on to my daughter.
Old May 4th 2008, 5:09 am
Just Joined

capo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the rough

I am only child and only grandchild on both sides and have inherited everyone's photos and precious things - goodness knows how I can decide what to ditch...
A few hours with a scanner can put loads of photos on to your PC ~ and then burnt on to 2 backup DVDs or CDs. Could save a quite a lot of bulk and space. I know I would regret throwing old family photos away, when future generations might like to view, but that's just me.
Old May 4th 2008, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by capo
A few hours with a scanner can put loads of photos on to your PC ~ and then burnt on to 2 backup DVDs or CDs. Could save a quite a lot of bulk and space. I know I would regret throwing old family photos away, when future generations might like to view, but that's just me.
Thanks for the suggestion - I was going to do that anyway and take the originals. Some of the photos are very old - ie 1880's taken of my great grandparents and I wouldn't throw them away but I'm scared they will be damaged in transit.

I'm sure I will find a way - even if it mean airfreighting them to my cousin in Sydney.
Old May 4th 2008, 6:26 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys , any updates > maybe not if EA's are all shut .

FA , how did you get on ?
Old May 4th 2008, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hi guys , any updates > maybe not if EA's are all shut .

FA , how did you get on ?
Hi Ic - did you have a good day??

No news here.... looks like option 2 is a no go.

Still got options 3, 4, 5 and 6 though.

Furniture still running on Ebay - bidding going well on some things.
Old May 4th 2008, 6:34 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ic - did you have a good day??

No news here.... looks like option 2 is a no go.

Still got options 3, 4, 5 and 6 though.

Furniture still running on Ebay - bidding going well on some things.
Hi N , hmmmmm well take a deep breath & have a beer ,

Had good day , went to Donnington Park to watch the Touring Cars , great fun
Old May 4th 2008, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi N , hmmmmm well take a deep breath & have a beer ,

Had good day , went to Donnington Park to watch the Touring Cars , great fun
Sounds great. How was the weather with you? Rained here until about 12 - but nice and sunny now.

Wine will be poured later. Although I feel loads better than I did last week - which is something...

How did your viewing go????
Old May 4th 2008, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nickywes
Really sorry about that, they must have had some idea they couldn't get the money, total idiots

Hi there another one for the rollercoaster ride

Glad to see somebody else has taste, Ic thought he was good Simon Cowell pressed the buzzer and stopped him then put him through, whats that all about?

Hi N - Have they been yet? Glad to see you won't be missing after all.

Hi Tina - Love it with the black cloud thing.

Just got back from Saffhend, it was totally chock a block and we also went to Canvey Island (most boring place in England I reckon)too. Talk about rip off Britain - could not park anywhere so ended up going in this car park for 2 hours at £8, then walked the pier which is a bloody long walk at £2.50 each (that was walking!!!), cost us a small fortune after eating and coffees, ice cream etc. and the worst part was that I was trying to visualise the Gold Coast and couldn't Good to get away from the house selling for a while though.
Hi Nicky,

Sounds like you had a fun day out!!! I haven't been to Canvey island - i don't think I'll bother now! At least you got out and about and got some fresh air.

The woman has just come to se the table. Hopefully she'll bid on it - as we already have 3 people competing for it.

Has the black cloud gone yet Tina???
Ha ha My mum the black cloud lives on Canvey she thinks its lovely but I too can't stand the place lots of old people and chavs with green tattoo. have to check to see if my my has a green tattoo yet

She is still hear and staying as Steve and I are off to Manchester tomorrow so my 5 year old has to put up with her. Steve has escaped from her by going fishing lucky bugger

Nicky did you get my candy floss?
Old May 4th 2008, 6:42 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Sounds great. How was the weather with you? Rained here until about 12 - but nice and sunny now.

Wine will be poured later. Although I feel loads better than I did last week - which is something...

How did your viewing go????
yesterdays viewing went ok , but neither are in a position to go further if they wanted to .

been over cast , slight shower which made for good racing but thats all we have had , no coats needed so a good day ,
Old May 4th 2008, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Ha ha My mum the black cloud lives on Canvey she thinks its lovely but I too can't stand the place lots of old people and chavs with green tattoo. have to check to see if my my has a green tattoo yet

She is still hear and staying as Steve and I are off to Manchester tomorrow so my 5 year old has to put up with her. Steve has escaped from her by going fishing lucky bugger

Nicky did you get my candy floss?
Hi Tina - at least there is a silver lining to the black cloud - you get to escape to Manchester. What are you doing up there?

I definately won't be going to Canvy island now!!!

yesterdays viewing went ok , but neither are in a position to go further if they wanted to .

Bummer - at least they may sell and come back at some point.

been over cast , slight shower which made for good racing but thats all we have had , no coats needed so a good day ,
Glad you had a good day - you need to do stuff sometimes for your own sanity.
Old May 4th 2008, 6:55 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Hi Tina - at least there is a silver lining to the black cloud - you get to escape to Manchester. What are you doing up there?

I definately won't be going to Canvy island now!!!

Glad you had a good day - you need to do stuff sometimes for your own sanity.
yes , forgot all about house selling for a day
Old May 4th 2008, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes , forgot all about house selling for a day
Then you came back on here!!

Have you booked your flights yet?? OOOO exciting!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.