Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:53 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Gonnago

Im off shopping now to get away from this house - will catch up later.
Hey Hayles, we are not far, come and stay here plenty of room and built in babysitters Don't want any noisy sex from you two though

Last edited by nickywes; Apr 11th 2008 at 7:54 am. Reason: Change colour
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hey Hayles, we are not far, come and stay here plenty of room and built in babysitters Don't want any noisy sex from you two though
Ohhh theres a thought lol. the babysitters swings it for me, although DH could do that as its you and I that would be out all the time.

Actually Nic I meant to ask you if you fancied a meet, lunch sometime or somthing?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:12 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Ohhh theres a thought lol. the babysitters swings it for me, although DH could do that as its you and I that would be out all the time.

Actually Nic I meant to ask you if you fancied a meet, lunch sometime or somthing?
Both would be a great idea, us going out and the lunch or whatever. My mum is coming up from Cornwall next week to say goodbye to Ria (she thinks it will be the last time she will see her as she is 74, sad eh) so hows about the next week sometime. I work from home so doesn't matter to me when or where.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

ohh cool - I am going to see my client tomorrow and will find out when her induction is so I will know when to avoid. I will PM you my mobvile number and we can arrange something....
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:20 am

ohh cool - I am going to see my client tomorrow and will find out when her induction is so I will know when to avoid. I will PM you my mobvile number and we can arrange something....
Thanks, got it and have sent mine back. Speak soon xx
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

well I have now decided after texteing my buyer once again and getting no reply that I am going to do what some of you lot suggested a couple of days ago ................ OPEN HOUSE..............
So I would like to know if any body else is doing it, how to go about doing it etc

thanks ema
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by suart
well I have now decided after texteing my buyer once again and getting no reply that I am going to do what some of you lot suggested a couple of days ago ................ OPEN HOUSE..............
So I would like to know if any body else is doing it, how to go about doing it etc

thanks ema
Think that is a great idea. I would love to do it but scared in case nobody turns up.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

well I am one for giving anything a go, just don't know where to start have spoken to the EA about it before and they advised me not to do it, I think they did not like the thought of hard work lol.
Well ill give them a ring tomorrow as soon as they open, im also going to ask for a full page in the paper next week I would to be a fly on the wall in there tomorrow after Ive spoken to them. If they want there money they are now going to have to work for it!!!!!!!
Any tips or advice anyone?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:33 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Morning All,

Morning Tum

That picture is so cute, wish we had got a small dog rather than our big bouldering clumsy labrador (not really).

When I chose Ria is was not very popular but now I keep hearing the name more and more. I got it from the programme Butterflies with Wendy Craig, did you ever watch that.

Do you actually live in Amsterdam? I have been there so many times as I worked for Amsterdam Travel for a few years. Love it there, very lively and buzzing.
Hi Nicky, no..I don't live in Amsterdam, I live in a small town called Putte near the Belgian Border, only 30 k's away from Antwerp and about 30 minutes away from the North sea.

Originally Posted by mOZzy
viewers came and left - after 36 minutes
Hi Mozzy, wow, and they've made an offer but 25K below your asking price. Have you had a reponse yet on your counter offer?? Fingers crossed for you!!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
A
Hi FA, wow, let's hope you're going to get a fair price after that huge offer you've made!! Let's hope you hear from that developer pretty soon...exchanging in June...WOHOOEEEIIYYY...

[
Originally Posted by egghead4
well i cant bloody believe it, we have a viewing tomorrow

our new EA only had the details in their window since this morning and someone wants to view tomorrow at 10. please, i hope they fall in love with it!!!
mind you, we have reduced again, so we'll have to wait and see.
bec
Good luck with the viewing!!

And everyone else I forgot, good luck with the viewings, EA's etc.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Morning
Well viewers came on Wed and as usual I will have to ring EA to get their feedback :curse:
Not heard a blooming thing ( not that I expected to!!! )
Have new EA booked in to come on Tuesday - they are not even from this area but have had 3 or 4 houses in the village for sale recently and all SOLD!!!!! My EA is national and massive in Worcestershire yet can't even scape a few people through our door........................
Fingers crossed yet again
DTP
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:36 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Morning
Well viewers came on Wed and as usual I will have to ring EA to get their feedback :curse:
Not heard a blooming thing ( not that I expected to!!! )
Have new EA booked in to come on Tuesday - they are not even from this area but have had 3 or 4 houses in the village for sale recently and all SOLD!!!!! My EA is national and massive in Worcestershire yet can't even scape a few people through our door........................
Fingers crossed yet again
DTP
Good luck with the new EA Dan, fingers crossed for viewings, loads of offers and a quick sale!!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well, I've just had a very interesting call! The developer who is interested but can't proceed is very anxious to secure the property now we have reduced the price as he is convinced he will lose it! (Result!) He is going to see his bank manager and is wondering if we would be prepared to exchange in June and complete in October. I said we would consider it for a good offer.

Looks like the price reduction was a good idea!
Whoooaaaaaa!!!! way to go Fly Get as much out of him as you can!!! I bet he's as happy as Larry now the price has dropped - that makes him more when he develops and sells:curse:
Get what you can out of him and make it all favourable in your terms
Really pleased for you hope it all goes smoothly!!
Dtp
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tum
Good luck with the new EA Dan, fingers crossed for viewings, loads of offers and a quick sale!!
Thanks Tum,
Yeah I think they must be doing something right! Everyone seems to be dropping prices I have asked our current EA for their opinion (via email) and didn't get any responce:curse::curse:
Trust me I'm crossing everything
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Wasn't online last night as Sparky wife and her hub were over for dinner - she is flying on Wednesday and off line now. We had a great time and much wine was drunk.

Originally Posted by dinky2
Wow Fly Away, that sounds very promising, will keep my fingers crossed that you get a good offer:
Thanks Dinky. Just hope it all comes together.

Originally Posted by dinky2
Well, we have another drama with our house sale, looks like we may have breached a covenant in our lease

We live on an open plan estate, everyone has a lawn at the front and a few plants in front of that. According to this covenant, we are not allowed to plant any shrubs in this bit of land. To be honest, there were plants there when we moved in and all we have done is replace them but some have grown quite big. Looks like another call to CPL in the morning (dreading that) to see what we do now

Will this nightmare ever end?? Time to hit the wine I think!
I agree with Gonnago - have you got a friend you could donate them too? Then fill in the holes. Doesn't sound like you have done anything drastic and it can easily be put right.

dinky - dig em up fast!! lol without making it look like your burying your estate agent!!!

FLy - OH MY GOD this could be it for you. I think I have pee'd my pants, god knows what I will be like when you exchange and complete.

PMSL - I hope it is the one too... really really trying not to get my hopes up too much. We do have the other viewing next Saturday so that is another hopeful. I think you will need a sedative if I ever get an offer.

Im off shopping now to get away from this house - will catch up later.
Have fun! You won't be in that uncomfortable situation much longer hun. I think your visa will be with you next week and you can book tickets!!

WOOHOO FA thats brilliant news!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope everything works out for you, good luck

emma
Thanks Emma! I just hope I haven't tempted fate by talking about it...

Wow Nic that is fantastic news, he seems really keen.:Could he give a massive deposit? Do you want to wait till October though.

Thanks Nicky - I said that to the EA that a non refundable deposit might be the way to go. We could wait until October to complete - wouldn't matter so long as the sale was definate. Wouldn't have to move into a rental BUT it would cost us a bit in mortgage payments and lost interest, so we would like to have a higher offer to cover that. We would just lock it up and leave when we wanted to. We have enough money to see us through to October.

Excellent, seems like a good EA, fingers crossed for you

Well worth changing Bec!

Has been quite a good day for positive news, lets hope it keeps going now.:
Fingers crossed that you get some good news too Nicky!

thanks ema
Sounds a good idea and will frighten the buyer too!

well I am one for giving anything a go, just don't know where to start have spoken to the EA about it before and they advised me not to do it, I think they did not like the thought of hard work lol.
Well ill give them a ring tomorrow as soon as they open, im also going to ask for a full page in the paper next week I would to be a fly on the wall in there tomorrow after Ive spoken to them. If they want there money they are now going to have to work for it!!!!!!!
Any tips or advice anyone?
PMSL - I bet they are quaking in their boots. My Ea said the best way to arrange an open day was to generate some interest, (ie when we cut the price and put offers over) Then when people rang for an appointment ,tell, them that there had been so much interest that there would be an open day. That way, they think there is lots of competiion. Then have some friends in the house pretending to be viewers, (and also keeping an eye on your stuff) So when people turn up they definately think there will be competion.

Hope that helps! Good luck with it.

Well, I must go and get dressed now - off to Cadbury World with DD. Don't know who is looking forward to it more - me or her.

Good luck in house selling land.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
Morning All,

Hi Nicky, no..I don't live in Amsterdam, I live in a small town called Putte near the Belgian Border, only 30 k's away from Antwerp and about 30 minutes away from the North sea.

Hi Mozzy, wow, and they've made an offer but 25K below your asking price. Have you had a reponse yet on your counter offer?? Fingers crossed for you!!

Hi FA, wow, let's hope you're going to get a fair price after that huge offer you've made!! Let's hope you hear from that developer pretty soon...exchanging in June...WOHOOEEEIIYYY...

Good luck with the viewing!!

And everyone else I forgot, good luck with the viewings, EA's etc.
Morning Tum. Yes I hope we get a fair price too. Any news for you? I would badger the EA - that seems to work.

Morning
Well viewers came on Wed and as usual I will have to ring EA to get their feedback :
Not heard a blooming thing ( not that I expected to!!! ) :
Fingers crossed yet again:
DTP::
What a bummer. Sounds like a new EA is a definate must. I hope they can work the same magic on yours.

Whoooaaaaaa!!!! way to go Fly Get as much out of him as you can!!! I bet he's as happy as Larry now the price has dropped - that makes him more when he develops and sells::
Get what you can out of him and make it all favourable in your terms:Really pleased for you hope it all goes smoothly!!
Dtp:
It is a bit of a downer to have to cut the price but we have asked for offers OVER so he knows this is just the minimum we would take. Apparently he wants to live in it as his wife has fallen in love with it. Just have to see how it goes...

Thanks Tum,
Yeah I think they must be doing something right! Everyone seems to be dropping prices I have asked our current EA for their opinion (via email) and didn't get any responce::
Trust me I'm crossing everything::
What a bunch of idiots. definately fire them. They don't deserve the commission.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.