Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 15th 2008, 11:59 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

[QUOTE=
think my mum likes them [/QUOTE]

hhmmmm, as I say to my 24 year old, you are not too old to have your ears boxed.
Old May 16th 2008, 12:17 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Laights
hhmmmm, as I say to my 24 year old, you are not too old to have your ears boxed.
Oh I so agree, wonder what part Ic is moving to?
Old May 16th 2008, 12:21 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 16th 2008, 12:23 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nickywes
Oh I so agree, wonder what part Ic is moving to?
I need some help please and a bit of rational thinking.

Don't know if I mentioned it, but a while ago I got in contact with the National Homebuyers just out of interest and they sent all their paperwork asking for a valuation fee of £695 or could have been £795. Anyway I thought b******x to that and didn't bother anymore, then they rang and said valuation fee gone down to £99, still thought the same and didn't bother. Today got a letter making a formal offer to us for the house. It is very very low.......£609,756......but am really tempted. Was up for sale initially at £750k now reduced to £675k. No EA's fee to pay and they pay up to £1k legal costs, they can complete quickly too.

Just spoke to OH and he immediately said no but then when working it all out with the fees etc, that is about £18k and then staying here another 6 months or more with high mortgage payments and bills for this house.

Don't know what to do, are they true to their word, does anybody know, what do you think? Help
Old May 16th 2008, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if I mentioned it, but a while ago I got in contact with the National Homebuyers just out of interest and they sent all their paperwork asking for a valuation fee of £695 or could have been £795. Anyway I thought b******x to that and didn't bother anymore, then they rang and said valuation fee gone down to £99, still thought the same and didn't bother. Today got a letter making a formal offer to us for the house. It is very very low.......£609,756......but am really tempted. Was up for sale initially at £750k now reduced to £675k. No EA's fee to pay and they pay up to £1k legal costs, they can complete quickly too.

Just spoke to OH and he immediately said no but then when working it all out with the fees etc, that is about £18k and then staying here another 6 months or more with high mortgage payments and bills for this house.

Don't know what to do, are they true to their word, does anybody know, what do you think? Help
It's up to you re if the offer is high enough. In effect you would be taking an offer of 628K on an asking price of 675k. No hassle etc. If the survey is £99, you might as well do it. But be warned, I bet that offer is subject to valuation survey. So they may come back and want to knock you down further. I would be tempted, but cautious to make sure the house was on the market the whole time negotiations were going on with the company, right up to exchange.

The other thing, is I wonder why they have chased you??? They seem very keen to buy your house.

Sorry I can't be of any more use...
Old May 16th 2008, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

I would be tempted to be honest - with the way things are going particuarly for you guys at the top end of the market I was thinking same as FA as long as the offer didnt go any lower - subject to this that and the other - if you can afford to drop that much it is definietly worth a thought.
Old May 16th 2008, 12:58 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all, I have a good feeling today, i think this may be the beginning of a turn around. We now have 1 viewing this afternoon, 3 viewings booked for tommorow and 1 for Mon!!!.......this could however be to do with the 'chat' i had with the EA about how desperate we are getting ( we have less than 4months to validate) anyway will just have to see if anyone puts an offer in, we have a good idea of the amount we are looking for.
Anyway, hope it all turns around for all of us!
Old May 16th 2008, 1:00 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

OMG havent been on this thread for ages ... have you all seen the post count i can still remember when we were 'celebrating' the 1000th post

cant really help you to decide if the offer works for you ... but i would say if you do decide to go ahead with this use your own solicitor - some of these companies try to get you to use theirs - and make sure the solicitor goes over everything in the paperwork for you before you sign anything or before you part with any cash (even the valuation fee!)

T
Old May 16th 2008, 1:02 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Hi all, I have a good feeling today, i think this may be the beginning of a turn around. We now have 1 viewing this afternoon, 3 viewings booked for tommorow and 1 for Mon!!!.......this could however be to do with the 'chat' i had with the EA about how desperate we are getting ( we have less than 4months to validate) anyway will just have to see if anyone puts an offer in, we have a good idea of the amount we are looking for.
Anyway, hope it all turns around for all of us!
strange how these 'chats' always lead to new viewers - makes you wonder what the EAs are actually doing
good luck with the viewings
Old May 16th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Just thought you would like to know.........

I GOT A OFFER ON MY HOUSE!!!!

Only £5k under what we was gunna let it go for but this is the viewer from last night and his a 1st time buyer with a 15% deposit.
Old May 16th 2008, 1:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

On one hand, its 65k below your asking, but in the same way its more than 90% of your asking price; which is pretty good in the current market.

Don't know anything about them, so can't comment on that.

Tough decision for you,, so good luck.

FWIW, I am coming back to the UK and will be looking at trying to pay between 85 and 90% of asking prices. A number of properties where I am looking have been on the market for a long while (easily checked on propertysnake) and therefore need to adjust their expectation if (and its a big if) they really want to sell.

Pete
Old May 16th 2008, 1:08 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina

Only £5k under what we was gunna let it go for but this is the viewer from last night and his a 1st time buyer with a 15% deposit.

Excellent news Tina , well done guys !
Old May 16th 2008, 1:11 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
On one hand, its 65k below your asking, but in the same way its more than 90% of your asking price; which is pretty good in the current market.

Don't know anything about them, so can't comment on that.

Tough decision for you,, so good luck.

FWIW, I am coming back to the UK and will be looking at trying to pay between 85 and 90% of asking prices. A number of properties where I am looking have been on the market for a long while (easily checked on propertysnake) and therefore need to adjust their expectation if (and its a big if) they really want to sell.

Pete
Hi Pete.......long time no speak!!!
How come your coming back to uk then?!!!
Hope things are ok with you.

Hey Tina....WOO HOO!!!!!! Well done lovey!!!
Beth x x
Old May 16th 2008, 1:13 am

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steveandtina

That's great news, great price too considering what some of us are having to knock off. I think the position of the buyer is as important as the price, a 1st timer is brilliant!
So can we assume from this that the vgreenhouse was up to their standard?!
Old May 16th 2008, 1:14 am

oops, don't think it was you with the greenhouse!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.