Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:50 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i am feeling quite a lot better today thanks. i think that we have some difficult decisions coming up in the next couple of weeks - and at the moment i have no idea what we are going to do.

We dont have to validate before next may but due to a change in circumstances for our eldest we are looking like we HAVE to be in oz for the start of the new school year (end jan/beginning of feb)
We never expected to be in oz this early and it has really thrown me. I like to plan and organise and at the mo i have no idea what i am going to do next!

If we could get an offer on the house now then we should be ok but as each day goes by it feels like the pressure is building and at a point in the not too distant future even getting an offer is going to be too late for us.

The irony in this is that until a month ago we thought we had the best part of a year to sell - suddenly we need to be sold NOW!

Sorry for all that - i think i got a bit carried away
I am just feeling the pressure! Feel a bit better for letting some of it out!

Stressfull business this emigrating lark
tell me about it, we have to validate by 16 dec and with every day that passes i can see a reccie trip being booked, more stress more money.

Last edited by want2bthere; Sep 13th 2007 at 4:59 am.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:52 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by somme
Well have another cash buyer coming on Saturday lets hope he turns up, fingers crossed everyone

We have tried Karma I am now praying.

i'm sending you some buying karma fingers crossed
x
damn wont let me!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:55 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
tell me about it, we have to validate by 16 dec and with every day that passes i can see a reccie trip beinbg booked, more stress more money.
i thought i was a nervous wreck now - i would be even worse if we had to be there in two months time
Old Sep 13th 2007, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Sending calming thoughts and karmas for all those in need Including me
Had cash viewer yesterday and today but not heard anything back. Had a leaflet and business card put through my door today from a house buying agency sayin they saw on the internet that i am emigrating and they may be able to help
Old Sep 13th 2007, 4:48 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Had a leaflet and business card put through my door today from a house buying agency sayin they saw on the internet that i am emigrating and they may be able to help
???!!!!
i would be scared!!!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 4:54 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

???!!!!
i would be scared!!!
Me too.....bit too "knowing" if you ask me...Be careful!

(Just dropped our house £5,000 today.......WHERE are these special September viewers eh eh ??!! :curse
Old Sep 13th 2007, 4:59 am
so far so good

Originally Posted by daunted
Sending calming thoughts and karmas for all those in need Including me
Had cash viewer yesterday and today but not heard anything back. Had a leaflet and business card put through my door today from a house buying agency sayin they saw on the internet that i am emigrating and they may be able to help

run for the hills
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:03 am
so far so good

i thought i was a nervous wreck now - i would be even worse if we had to be there in two months time
i'm passed stressed but just got to the point of thinking oh well if we havent sold will just have to do a reccie trip, not the end of the world having a trip to aus.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:51 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by sarab40
.......WHERE are these special September viewers eh eh ??!! :curse:
i was wondering this too
from what i have gathered talking to others trying to sell around our village there are no viewers about at all
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

???!!!!
i would be scared!!!

It is a little strange I admit
Not sure i fit may be one of the companies that I looked at and filled an online enquiry form
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:36 am
sneaking a peek ...

Well my EA finally phoned to let me know what happened to my 'missing' viewer. Apparently while going/coming from a house viewing in the next village she got lost and was running late so didnt come around here. She doesnt want to make another appointment (just as well really!) as she has decided that she wants to live closer to the centre of Whitley Bay.

Has to be the most unlikely story i have ever heard - my bet is she had decided that the area was not for her and just didnt bother telling the EA that she wasnt going to bother turning up. Bit of common curtesy wouldnt go amiss.

Never mind - i have calmed down about it now.
Just need some more viewings ...
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by itsjulie
I have finally got them to put no chain on details though, something they should have done weeks ago, and we are now considering part exchange. We did want to sell up totally as don't want to rent our house out but would consider renting out a smaller property with an interest only mortgage. This would give us back some equity and the rent would cover mortgage and fees here. We could then sell Uk house later or keep it as investment.

Perhaps this could work as an option for others?? Has anyone else done this and did it work?

Hi, I haven't done this - but what a fantastic idea!!!!

We are selling our house ourselves - through Houseladder, (add co.uk for the site). Sold it once and it fell through. Went online today and altered our details to say that we would consider part exchange. We have a house at the top end of the market so would willingly 'swap' with someone who wanted to trade up but couldn't sell. Like you said, we could let the smaller house out whilst at the same time release some equity.

Thanks for the tip. Sending you some Karma for a house sale soon!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by walkermat
Hey T&G, how did it go? I noticed you not posting this morning, chipping the crusty bits off the oven?

My OH asked me (after i had told about your viewing) 2 mins ago and i realised it was 2PM - they will be there!! Hopefully.

Ok, gonna go and try to get a life.

Mat

PS. Our sale delayed more. This time it is because a Solictor on the Island as died and they are all at his/her funeral. Trying not to be nasty and feel some sympathy - its difficult...
Hi walkermat
Where on the Island are you? We are in Ryde. Our sale is delayed too, their buyer has pulled out.

Just wanted to say Hi.

Nicky
Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sarab40
Me too.....bit too "knowing" if you ask me...Be careful!

(Just dropped our house £5,000 today.......WHERE are these special September viewers eh eh ??!! :curse
We just dropped our nearly 10k last week, no viewers this weekend either
Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:15 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

okay..here we go again........... Viewers tomorrow 10.30am.....
Shall I bother to hoover???!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.