Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Thanks guys just hope everything goes ok.

The EA had to sell mine just to get rid of me I'm on their case all the time and the boss is one of my HO customers, so if he wanted a straight haircut he had to sell our house ha ha.

Good luck Karpi can have their solicitor as I will have to drag mine out a bit til 'that visa' comes lol.

Good luck to everyone, they say selling your house is stressful but we have to deal with this visa business too.

Tina x
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Survey happening tomorrow............... but yesterday they rang and wanted to postpone it till next week............so that the 'buyer' could accompany they surveyor so they could have a meeting at my house - told them NO :curse: .......... then they wanted me to just leave a key for them as I couldn't make it next week, so told them NO again :curse: it's a survey costing them a grand

Just still have nasty feeling about it
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:28 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard the BOE should be lowering the interest rate to 5.25% this Thursday
Beth x x
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:34 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by marvinc
Survey happening tomorrow............... but yesterday they rang and wanted to postpone it till next week............so that the 'buyer' could accompany they surveyor so they could have a meeting at my house - told them NO :curse: .......... then they wanted me to just leave a key for them as I couldn't make it next week, so told them NO again :curse: it's a survey costing them a grand

why do they need to accompany the surveyor?? They get a report anyway?? Sounds like they are having the fully works done..
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Everyone!!

Just got back from the school run and supermarket shop. Paid for everything on Nectar points. No point saving them now. Reckon we have 10 weeks FREE shopping due to us plus all the toiletries FREE from Boots until we go.

Caroline W - thanks for the heads up on the stock market. I did wonder if people were worried about shares and interest rates were going down, that bricks and mortar would start to look like a good investment again.

Pomgrrl - Welcome - good luck with the decorating!

Tiggs - sorry to miss you. I am having early nights but next week is half term here, so I should be able to stay up after midnight. Hope you find a nice daycare for the little one. He must be confused after being in full time nursery to be back home again. The price rises are very worrying. We are after a large block too. Looking forward to your PM.

Somme - I missed you too. This time difference is a killer. Thanks for trying to send Ks. I will send you a PM with all the gossip. Fingers crossed you get the house you want. Sending Ks if I can for good luck.

steveandtina - I must threaten our EA with scissors and see what happens.

marvinc - what a pain that survey is. Sounds like a full structural survey. Can you say you want to be there when strangers are in your home?

Beth - WOOHOO!!! Thanks for the news hun!! Hope it gives the market a kick. How are things going with you?

ozzieclare2b - hope the sorting is going OK.

Hope I haven't missed anyone.

Good luck to you all.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Just having the surveyor tomorrow as agreed before buyer sticking her nose in........... EA just rang as well buyer wants new carpet in hallway.............EA says her demands are rather unusual...... not even phoning hubby yet :curse:

I have rashes now on my back/face and between my fingers LOL
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:40 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

buyer wants new carpet..thats new oneo on me.. tell her bloody buy her own when the house is hers. Next shell be wanting u to provide furniture and food in the cupboards
#
is it me or are buyers flaming more demanding!!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:44 pm
looking for my marbles

Flyaway decided to get my finger out and apply for jobs. Rang flinders prvate last nite and they put me through to director of nursing, so ive emailed her my cv today and she said with my experience they will definetly have something for me and will arrange a telephone interview omg!! scared now

also emailed another company last week which i forgot about and they replied today too!! Just need the bloody visa now!! How do i check if meds got there ok anyone know? thanks clare
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hey fly, we have put our offer in but are still waiting, if this doesn't work out we will look at a plot of land and build, cheaper that way for what you want. Being older we don't want a large block

Will keep you informed, looking forward to the PM
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Flyaway decided to get my finger out and apply for jobs. Rang flinders prvate last nite and they put me through to director of nursing, so ive emailed her my cv today and she said with my experience they will definetly have something for me and will arrange a telephone interview omg!! scared now Yay congratulations on scoring an interview - work before you go would be a huge load off your mind.

also emailed another company last week which i forgot about and they replied today too!! Just need the bloody visa now!! How do i check if meds got there ok anyone know? thanks clare
did your dr use a courier? thats the only way of knowing, phone doc and ask for tracking ref number.

[QUOTE=marvinc;5887452]Just having the surveyor tomorrow as agreed before buyer sticking her nose in........... EA just rang as well buyer wants new carpet in hallway.............EA says her demands are rather unusual...... not even phoning hubby yet :curse: Oh my good god, carpet - ffs, why dont they just do it when they move in? at least they will get the colour etc they want *shakes head* as if all this wasnt hard enough, without buyers like that.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Just having the surveyor tomorrow as agreed before buyer sticking her nose in........... EA just rang as well buyer wants new carpet in hallway.............EA says her demands are rather unusual...... not even phoning hubby yet :curse:

I have rashes now on my back/face and between my fingers LOL
Does she want new curtains as well, surely that is something you do yourself when you have the house. She doesn't expect you to buy her carpet. I have to say I would just laugh at how ridiculous she sounds. She sounds a bit strange to me.
You stick to your guns I bet the surveyor is breathing a sigh of relief too as it is not the norm for them to be accompanied by the potential buyer.
Hope the rash clears up soon.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by somme
Hey fly, we have put our offer in but are still waiting, if this doesn't work out we will look at a plot of land and build, cheaper that way for what you want. Being older we don't want a large block

Good luck with the offer hope they accept.
Flyaway decided to get my finger out and apply for jobs. Rang flinders prvate last nite and they put me through to director of nursing, so ive emailed her my cv today and she said with my experience they will definetly have something for me and will arrange a telephone interview omg!! scared now

You will be fine I have done this alreay although I didn't have to do the dreaded interview for the job - I did have to be interviewed for the kids school though (by 3 people!) Good luck. It will give you some certainty when you get there.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

buyer wants new carpet..thats new oneo on me.. tell her bloody buy her own when the house is hers. Next shell be wanting u to provide furniture and food in the cupboards:
#
is it me or are buyers flaming more demanding!!
I agree. Tell the buyer that the carpets aren't included in the sale.

also emailed another company last week which i forgot about and they replied today too!!:: Just need the bloody visa now!! How do i check if meds got there ok anyone know? thanks clare
Fantastic!! Good luck with the telephone interview!! You will be there before you know it.

Originally Posted by somme

Good luck Somme. Fingers crossed for you. Building would be great too - but you'd have to be patient. I'm old and I'd like a big block.... I'd probably build things on it though....

[QUOTE=Gonnago;5887743]did your dr use a courier? thats the only way of knowing, phone doc and ask for tracking ref number.

Just having the surveyor tomorrow as agreed before buyer sticking her nose in........... EA just rang as well buyer wants new carpet in hallway.............EA says her demands are rather unusual...... not even phoning hubby yet :curse: Oh my good god, carpet - ffs, why dont they just do it when they move in? at least they will get the colour etc they want *shakes head* as if all this wasnt hard enough, without buyers like that.
How's it going Gonnago?? Bloomin buyers are all idiots.:curse:
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi Guys!

we also accepted an offer on Saturday.
There's only us and them in the chain.
estate agent is a bit worried as they have chosen a notoriously bad/ slow solicitor.

Fingers crossed anyway
Congrats - this is the second so may mean hope for the rest of us. We saw a man in a car this morning taking down the estate agents number from the sale board, so fingers crossed that may be a second viewing for us.

Tracy
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Congrats - this is the second so may mean hope for the rest of us. We saw a man in a car this morning taking down the estate agents number from the sale board, so fingers crossed that may be a second viewing for us.

Tracy

Wow, Estate agent just rung, our first and only viewer wants to come for a second look on Thursday night - they have warned us that he is likey to put in a "cheeky" offer, he can be as cheeky as he likes, he hasn't sold and we know what our bottom line is. I am not going to get excited about this one Fingers crossed that this mornings man rings for a viewing, if we have someone else interested first viewer may not be as "cheeky" We are also in the local paper on Friday - I hope that generates some viewings for us.

Does anyone watch Dog The Bounty Hunter ? Our kids love it, don't laugh but last night I had a dream that Dog's wife Beth came to see our house - think I am loosing it

Tracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.