Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:03 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Issie
Again :curse:

I am soooooo hacked off.

just on my first drink of the night
i hope its a biggggggggg bottle....think you deserve it
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:10 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by somme
I think there is tax implications for keeping your money here in the Uk as you have to declare all income (interest rec) in Australia.

I am about to look into this so if anyone has any idea's that would be great.
World wide income is taxable in Australia. Their tax website is fairly helpful. There may also be capital gains tax when you sell as it is no longer your main residence. The Aussie website is easy to search for.

Good luck
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Thats what we were waiting for......when we phoned EA as it had gone quiet they phoned them and it hadn't been done and it isn't either now as the buyers pulled out today :curse:

Give the EA a call to make sure everything is ok
Have called the EA more than once, he keeps telling us we are being paranoid and he has spoken to the people buying the house it should be arranged in the next couple of days ( he has been saying this for the last 2 weeks):curse:. He then goes on to say our solictors ( who he says he has spoken to!) have not received all our paperwork yet so cant do contracts, strange that considering we have the contracts here to sign! We did'nt go with his recommended solicitors, as he likes to keep pointing out! ( think hes getting enough money out of us allready)
Anyway to cut a rant short (Sorry!) EA has told us he knows what he is talking about and not to keep ringing him- he'll ring us! Hows about that for customer service!
To all out there selling and waiting to exchange Karma!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:25 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by black cat
Have called the EA more than once, he keeps telling us we are being paranoid and he has spoken to the people buying the house it should be arranged in the next couple of days ( he has been saying this for the last 2 weeks):curse:. He then goes on to say our solictors ( who he says he has spoken to!) have not received all our paperwork yet so cant do contracts, strange that considering we have the contracts here to sign! We did'nt go with his recommended solicitors, as he likes to keep pointing out! ( think hes getting enough money out of us allready)
Anyway to cut a rant short (Sorry!) EA has told us he knows what he is talking about and not to keep ringing him- he'll ring us! Hows about that for customer service!
To all out there selling and waiting to exchange Karma!
Back atcha BC........this is far worse than the visa...far worse
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Back atcha BC........this is far worse than the visa...far worse
We're still waiting for the visa too! meds in the back log at LCU!! I am going slowly mad. What do they say- if it's worth having it's worth waiting for?
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:49 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck mate......will be sending you ++++++++++++++++ vibes
Thanks Issie.

The missus will be doing the viewing as per usual,i'll be at work well out of the way

Lee
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:51 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
Good luck!!

Our first viewer in 4 weeks is due in 10 mins. AGHHHHHHHH

Please let this one be the one.

Sending you some house selling karma
so how did it go ??

lee
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:54 am
pink 'n' bouncy

[QUOTE=want2bthere;5334873]

thanks for the good luck,gonna need it

lee
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Been on to them today and they said they will ring our buyer but they are also their EA too. But we were told this 2 weeks ago, same thing , our solicitr just assumed they were not bothering getting pissed off now as we need to find a rental but no point looking until we have more information!!

Feel like ringing our buyers direct, is this allowed?? No-one can even tell me if they have a mortgage offer.

They have had more than enough time to get it organised :curse: i would be very :curse: too. you shouldnt have to do the chasing yourself (why do we all end up doingthe damned agents work for them?? :curse
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what we were waiting for......when we phoned EA as it had gone quiet they phoned them and it hadn't been done and it isn't either now as the buyers pulled out today :curse:

Give the EA a call to make sure everything is ok
oh Issie -I am so :curse: for you
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
so how did it go ??

lee
YAY - how did it go??
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:56 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
so how did it go ??

lee
Just logged on after the viewing. They loved the house yeah! Unfortunately they made noises about the price but we said we would negotiate for a quick sale. (We've worked out that we would save £1K per month if we sold and moved into a rental so a quick sale benefits us even though we don't have our visa yet!)

They seem to be truthful when they say they don't have to sell their house. They want to keep it to let out. I suggested we could let it off them!

I kept to the story that my husband's work contract was due to end in Dec, (which is true) and we didn't know where we would end up moving to, (which is true) so we would go into a rental to free our options. I also said that we would let the house out if we couldn't sell. Which is true but only out of desperation. LOL.

They said they wanted to bring the grandad to view as he would live with them - which is fair enough. Fingers crossed for an offer. please an offer, please....
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Just logged on after the viewing. They loved the house yeah! Unfortunately they made noises about the price but we said we would negotiate for a quick sale. (We've worked out that we would save £1K per month if we sold and moved into a rental so a quick sale benefits us even though we don't have our visa yet!)

They seem to be truthful when they say they don't have to sell their house. They want to keep it to let out. I suggested we could let it off them!

I kept to the story that my husband's work contract was due to end in Dec, (which is true) and we didn't know where we would end up moving to, (which is true) so we would go into a rental to free our options. I also said that we would let the house out if we couldn't sell. Which is true but only out of desperation. LOL.

They said they wanted to bring the grandad to view as he would live with them - which is fair enough. Fingers crossed for an offer. please an offer, please....
ok - got those fingers crossed for you
reckon we should run a tab on who completes first
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:12 am
pink 'n' bouncy

nice one..heres hoping

lee
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:15 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

i think that we're all really clever.......................we can all type with crossed fingers..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.