Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:25 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by sheli0508
no probs, it gave me the opportunity to join.....

I Know what you mean T&G's but there just aren't any buyers in Leeds at the mo.... we are really stuck because we need to clear our debt to move. I thought the visa bit was stressfull but this sure takes the biscuit.... my oh and his mate(who's in exactly the same position) are going to make rude badges at work to let everyone know - no we haven't sold the house yet! and no we have no idea when we are going......

and as anyone been keeping an eye on the market in Oz.... prices are climbing... what we were looking at 12 months ago as gone up $100k.....

sorry to end on such a positive!!
yes we are in the same situation - have to sell house to clear debts. We sat the other night and tried to work out how we could juggle things if we didnt sell - and the only way to do it would leave us standing in an airport in oz with NO money and just the stuff we could fit in our cases - with just our credit cards to get by on. This is NOT how we want to start our lives downunder! The house HAS to go.

I dont think that it is just Leeds - I dont think that there are buyers anywhere at the moment
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:27 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the plumber
Look the way i see it is you have to drop the house down to market value and then your sell it no probs........i know it's not what you want to here , but it's the only way , when it's a buyers market that's only going to get worse....!

all the best plumb....
trouble is that you can lower the price all you want - if there are no viewers then you are not going to get a buyer - and at the moment if you talk to people selling all over the country they will tell you the same thing - there is just no-one coming through the door.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:36 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

and the reason for that is......prices are too high....Sorry but it's the truth....
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
yes we are in the same situation - have to sell house to clear debts. We sat the other night and tried to work out how we could juggle things if we didnt sell - and the only way to do it would leave us standing in an airport in oz with NO money and just the stuff we could fit in our cases - with just our credit cards to get by on. This is NOT how we want to start our lives downunder! The house HAS to go.

I dont think that it is just Leeds - I dont think that there are buyers anywhere at the moment
We are the same, and OK I have a buyer now but you look around at the mo and there are lots of FOR SALE signs, and my buyer is more than aware of that and he's playing it to the max.
You are right about all over, In Liverpool its the same , South East, and I just hope this is not sign of bad things to come... .We can not go without selling the house and not at a stupid price.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

and the reason for that is......prices are too high....Sorry but it's the truth....
Some people like me , got on the to the property market in the UK only a few years ago, so we have not made a mint.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sheli0508
Hi,

Desperation is setting in - It may have to be one of those companies.... failing that or a £7k reccie in Mar...... anyone got tomorrow night's lottery numbers... I'd share honest....

regards,

Shelley
Our daughter is over there so we will have to validate at Christmas if this buyer doesn't put an offer in by the weekend booking tickets as they are already £1200 economy return.

Never again, say that everytime we move
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:41 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

for some that may be the case but not for the majority! it is a very unstable market at the moment and people are putting in low offers not because thats what its worth but because they dont want to finacially stretch themselves like they did 6mths ago. thats the truth
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:43 am

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Sorry , but i thought prices got stupid after about 2000/1 ....but no they just got more and more ridiculous........

Last edited by the plumber; Sep 18th 2007 at 12:45 am.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

If you bought high then you can not sell for less, it is the interest rates and interbanking people are being wary in case it crashes
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry , but i thought prices got stupid after about 2000/1 ....but no they just got more and more ridiculous........
I take it you are already there, if so there is talk this effect will become global
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:49 am

If you brought high you can't sell for less.?.......i did in 1989......it's called a correction ...
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:51 am

in that i have no dought....
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:32 am
sneaking a peek ...

i dont think you quite understood what i was saying! There has been a load of extra houses come onto the market as people have tried to beat paying for the HIPS plus with interest rates going up and people worrying about their current credit situations there are less people looking to buy. It simply is not true at the moment that if you drop your price you will sell your house - if you look in the estate agents window at the moment every third house has a new price label on it. Now i understand that if i were to drop my price low enough someone would buy it - but that would not be because my house was initially overpriced - but because it would then be undervalued!

It is not the price of my house that is stopping people buying (i know this from feedback from the EA). i live on estate where historically houses sell within days of a for sale board going up - and my house has been on the market nearly 10 weeks and we have had 4 sets of people through the door (one who have made an asking price offer but are not in a position to proceed at the moment).

I too think that house prices have become really silly in the last few years - but at the present time is is not the prices that are stopping most properties selling it is the uncertainty in the market and worries over future interest rate rises.

Adele
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:13 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i dont think you quite understood what i was saying! There has been a load of extra houses come onto the market as people have tried to beat paying for the HIPS plus with interest rates going up and people worrying about their current credit situations there are less people looking to buy. It simply is not true at the moment that if you drop your price you will sell your house - if you look in the estate agents window at the moment every third house has a new price label on it. Now i understand that if i were to drop my price low enough someone would buy it - but that would not be because my house was initially overpriced - but because it would then be undervalued!

It is not the price of my house that is stopping people buying (i know this from feedback from the EA). i live on estate where historically houses sell within days of a for sale board going up - and my house has been on the market nearly 10 weeks and we have had 4 sets of people through the door (one who have made an asking price offer but are not in a position to proceed at the moment).

I too think that house prices have become really silly in the last few years - but at the present time is is not the prices that are stopping most properties selling it is the uncertainty in the market and worries over future interest rate rises.

Adele

and so say all of us
EA phoned this arvo to say that shes only just managed to get hold of couple who made offer, they are going to talk about it tonight and EA will ring them in morning. i dont hold out much hope of them giving us anything near the asking price but another 5k would help. started to think we should just take the offer and move on, i really cant do this anymore

i'm of to the co-op to buy some chocolate!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by want2bthere
and so say all of us
EA phoned this arvo to say that shes only just managed to get hold of couple who made offer, they are going to talk about it tonight and EA will ring them in morning. i dont hold out much hope of them giving us anything near the asking price but another 5k would help. started to think we should just take the offer and move on, i really cant do this anymore

i'm of to the co-op to buy some chocolate!
Come on of course you can, I know it is hard at the moment but it only takes one person. Chocolate is lovely though but not for my hips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.