Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
No it's the thing you do with the brush attachment on your hoover and some damp kitchen roll!! Or you do in my house anyway!
Now that IS something i have seen on VERY late night pay TV (I turned it on by accident honest!) .

ps bet you are still lurking on the computer..go and do your dusting
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

This thread really does bring tears (of laughter!) to my eyes... Oh mummy. I'm sure you would get more sensible writings from a bunch of eight year olds!

After the pox call we actually got some good news!! Solicitor on the phone asking for bank account details because completion is going to happen on friday!!

Reckon this could be to do with me putting the thumb-screws on the buyers (see earlier in the thread about putting a deadline on the sale).

Going down to the hotel bar for a large one. Some money will have to be put aside for the Betty Ford clinic after all this; not sure i can cope much longer
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:12 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TMRE
Now that IS something i have seen on VERY late night pay TV (I turned it on by accident honest!) .

ps bet you are still lurking on the computer..go and do your dusting
I wasn't then but I am now! I will get back to it soon...... Only the downstairs loo to clean, playroom to tidy, :curse:, living room to dust and hoover and kitchen to steam clean.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by walkermat
This thread really does bring tears (of laughter!) to my eyes... Oh mummy. I'm sure you would get more sensible writings from a bunch of eight year olds!

After the pox call we actually got some good news!! Solicitor on the phone asking for bank account details because completion is going to happen on friday!!

Reckon this could be to do with me putting the thumb-screws on the buyers (see earlier in the thread about putting a deadline on the sale).

Going down to the hotel bar for a large one. Some money will have to be put aside for the Betty Ford clinic after all this; not sure i can cope much longer

Fingers and toes crossed for Friday! Can I come to the Betty Ford Clinic with you? Do they deal with BE addiction and housework allergy??
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:20 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Congratulations to all who have had an offer or viewings all one step closer.

Can someone tell me how you multi quote please

Well I reckon on all the cleaning I have been doing I could take the Anthea Turner test

PS Paper work in the tumble drier as no one looks in there

Good luck to you all today
to multi-quote:
in the bottom corner of a post you have three icons 'quote' 'multi-quote' (looks like a stack of papers) and 'quick reply' (looks like a return arrow)

click on the 'multi-quote' on the first message to include (and again on any further messages you want to include) and on the last message click 'quote' and you get everything you have selected in one reply

Go and visit both places, you can not tell until you have been there, nice drive along the Ocean road.
We would love to go and visit both (we would include Melbourne in there too - and even possibly a trip to Perth!) but we cant afford a trip over at the moment. If we can we will do a whistle stop tour when we first land (a few days in each city) but that depends on a lot of other factors so we will have to wait and see
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:26 am
Account Closed

I wasn't then but I am now! I will get back to it soon...... Only the downstairs loo to clean, playroom to tidy, :curse:, living room to dust and hoover and kitchen to steam clean.
WOW - I can do it.

Fingers and toes crossed for Friday! Can I come to the Betty Ford Clinic with you? Do they deal with BE addiction and housework allergy??
again...

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
to multi-quote:
in the bottom corner of a post you have three icons 'quote' 'multi-quote' (looks like a stack of papers) and 'quick reply' (looks like a return arrow)

and again...

click on the 'multi-quote' on the first message to include (and again on any further messages you want to include) and on the last message click 'quote' and you get everything you have selected in one reply

and again....

We would love to go and visit both (we would include Melbourne in there too - and even possibly a trip to Perth!) but we cant afford a trip over at the moment. If we can we will do a whistle stop tour when we first land (a few days in each city) but that depends on a lot of other factors so we will have to wait and see
Thanks Tiggs, I've been wondering how to do this!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
to multi-quote:

WOW - I can do it.

again...

Thanks Tiggs, I've been wondering how to do this!
Thanks Tiggs, that is great, house all shiny viewer is late :curse: OH says he is staying at work till they have been as I am stressing I wonder why
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Hi All

Been following all of your ups and downs lately.

Well, we accepted and offer from a family for the house allbeit £13000 under asking price. We had not had much interest in the house a few viewings before. Begrudgingly accepted the offer, it means no furnature when we get to OZ, but a sale on the house.

Then their buyer drops out so they are unable to proceed on our sale. We then have to remarket the house, spend more money on floor plans and a virtual tour. No change. All of the lower priced first time houses are going but not the more expensive family houses. EA tells me people on the Island can't afford the prices of the houses over here now and majority of the buyers are from the mainland. OK so where are they?

I get a call form the EA and they have a viewing on the house. Great I have spent the last 4 weeks doing carboot sales and there is stuff everywhere, taking, selling charity shops etc.

I spent all day clearing up, shoving stuff in the loft that I spent several days last week getting down. Dusting everything in sight, hoovering, polishing my taps, all of the glass, dropped my very large bathroom mirror in the process. repainted the outside of the conservatory with a third coat of stain, mooved all of the tubs off of the patio to make it look bigger.

Completley knackered 5 mins after they are supposed to be here..............EA phones, they are not coming, don't want to live in this area...They only wanted to view the day before?>>>

B******S. Not best impressed I must say.

I think these people should have to pay an hourly rate for time wasting and a contribution for all of the extra cleaning products you use. That might stop them messing around if they had to pay £10 per hour you spent frantically cleaning and another £10.00 for cleaning materials.

On a good note our original buyers have now got another buyer so it is all go.

Good luck to all of you out there in the same situation.

Nicky
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:43 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Tiggs, that is great, house all shiny viewer is late :curse: OH says he is staying at work till they have been as I am stressing I wonder why
no worries!
personally i like to throw OH, kids and dog out before viewers turn up!
i'd never sell the house with that lot in!

good luck with the viewing!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:53 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
Hi All

Been following all of your ups and downs lately.

Well, we accepted and offer from a family for the house allbeit £13000 under asking price. We had not had much interest in the house a few viewings before. Begrudgingly accepted the offer, it means no furnature when we get to OZ, but a sale on the house.

Then their buyer drops out so they are unable to proceed on our sale. We then have to remarket the house, spend more money on floor plans and a virtual tour. No change. All of the lower priced first time houses are going but not the more expensive family houses. EA tells me people on the Island can't afford the prices of the houses over here now and majority of the buyers are from the mainland. OK so where are they?

I get a call form the EA and they have a viewing on the house. Great I have spent the last 4 weeks doing carboot sales and there is stuff everywhere, taking, selling charity shops etc.

I spent all day clearing up, shoving stuff in the loft that I spent several days last week getting down. Dusting everything in sight, hoovering, polishing my taps, all of the glass, dropped my very large bathroom mirror in the process. repainted the outside of the conservatory with a third coat of stain, mooved all of the tubs off of the patio to make it look bigger.

Completley knackered 5 mins after they are supposed to be here..............EA phones, they are not coming, don't want to live in this area...They only wanted to view the day before?>>

I think these people should have to pay an hourly rate for time wasting and a contribution for all of the extra cleaning products you use. That might stop them messing around if they had to pay £10 per hour you spent frantically cleaning and another £10.00 for cleaning materials.

Nicky
I know how annoying that is we had 'viewers' last week who just didnt show - i was :curse::curse::curse:

i shall refrain from saying what i think of people who do this - i dont want to get wrong from the mods - suffice it to say i dont hold them in very high esteem

hope things pick up for you soon
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite

Nicky
Glad to hear your original buyers have returned. We had a sale agreed, (30K under asking price) and then our buyers tried to knock another 45K off the price!:curse: They pulled out when we wouldn't lower the price. Of course the house was off the market during the best selling time. We put it back on the market in July and not had any interest until now. Of course the house is a total tip!

Just praying they actually turn up now after 2 days cleaning!!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

the greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nice

Took advice from here the other day. Reduced asking price from £175,000 to £167,950. We have someone who offered £165,000 2 months ago coming back to look tonight. They were not in a position to buy 2 months ago but now they apparently have had an offer and the survey has been done on theirs.

Also another woman coming Monday who has apparently sold her house. Things (could) be looking up.

I am very wobbly at mo. Keep laughing hysterically at slightly funny things - think I need that clinic too.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

blimey this thread is exhausting reading!!!!! Well done everyone who has offers in and walkermat for nearly being at the end of the line! Sorry if i have missed anyone!
Remember the guy who didnt show up a few weeks back? well he and his family just left, seemed to like it but hey dont they all His house not on market til next week so not gettin excited about anything anymore
apologies for being a stressed out moody ole cow last night
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:48 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daunted
blimey this thread is exhausting reading!!!!! Well done everyone who has offers in and walkermat for nearly being at the end of the line! Sorry if i have missed anyone!
Remember the guy who didnt show up a few weeks back? well he and his family just left, seemed to like it but hey dont they all His house not on market til next week so not gettin excited about anything anymore
apologies for being a stressed out moody ole cow last night
i know i havent been on all day and theres 2 pages to read through so the news is........ no news yet, starting to think that we should except buyers offer, we'll still be going to aus with abit of money, not as much as we would like but people have gone with less and still made a go of it
dont worry bout being a moody cow, i've been like that since house went on market
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
i know i havent been on all day and theres 2 pages to read through so the news is........ no news yet, starting to think that we should except buyers offer, we'll still be going to aus with abit of money, not as much as we would like but people have gone with less and still made a go of it
dont worry bout being a moody cow, i've been like that since house went on market
Have to admit that is the lines i am working on now. Being able to get on with the rest of my life and gettin kids into school is worth a lot. daugher is 15 in Jan and i really want to get her settled

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.