Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:28 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by daunted
Have to admit that is the lines i am working on now. Being able to get on with the rest of my life and gettin kids into school is worth a lot. daugher is 15 in Jan and i really want to get her settled
EA just called to say that couple are going to talk about offer tonight, wasnt they meant to do that last night or monday night should know either way late tomorrow.

kids are always going to be the centre of any decisions we make!

Last edited by want2bthere; Sep 19th 2007 at 5:29 am. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
EA just called to say that couple are going to talk about offer tonight, wasnt they meant to do that last night or monday night should know either way late tomorrow.

its brain draining isnt it
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:44 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

These people annoy me. Either they want the house or they don't. IMO it's a game to get you rattled.

Sending karma for good news.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:01 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
These people annoy me. Either they want the house or they don't. IMO it's a game to get you rattled.

Sending karma for good news.

either they can afford more or not, not really a 3 day debate surely. maybe they're holding out in the hope we'll except their first offer. think i'm coming down with something........ sellhousealitus apparently its quite nasty and highly contagious!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

...quite nasty and highly contagious!
Ah, keep off words like 'nasty' and 'contagious'....

sloan46 - hope you start getting some viewers and start the rollercoaster ride of house selling.

Gonnago - welcome (and also welcome to the mad house to any others i missed, vino going down very well!)

T&G - No, anywhere in Canbo is gonna be ok. The way the exchange rate is going it will be a Fisher Price house hahaha!. Interesting about Adelaide housing, if we werent tied to ACT we could be having wobbles.... Bit colder in Adelaide tho innit? EA always made sure we, OH and me, were out for viewings; reckon its a good idea for the same reason you keet OH and kids out.

somme - congratulations of getting to do multiquote quotes hahhahah!!! Hoping no-one turns on the tumble drier... stay calm, om....

Gotooz1 - Cleaning & dusting.. Baby wipes? Fingers crossed for viewers tommorrow. Karma sent and many thanks for friday. Although i have a £1 bet with OH that something happens! Or am i now a professional cynic... It is a game; our lesson has been to play it better and be prepared to pull out. If you can

The Greens - dont worry about losing it. Most of the regulars here lost it a while a go. We just titter for no reason every now and again now. If i saw men in white coats i wouldnt be suprised!

daunted - exhasting is not the word! Told OH 1/2 hour ago that i wanted to check the House Seller thread before i go down to bar for a beer and wine. Getting small items thrown at me at the moment!!! I'm not so much end on the line but end of my tether hahaha! I'm almost sad that i may be leaving this thread. Got so attached I will actually say taraa if it happens!! I didnt notice you being a wingey ole cow? And if you cant take it out on us on this thread, who can you take it out on!

want2bthere - with you 100%. Bl**dy exchange rate has gone t1ts up as well! mutter... Hope tonight goes ok.

Yippeeee!!! Chatted to all in one reply. Sorry if i missed anyone but if i dont go now OH will lynch me. As always, lots of fingers crossed for everyone here and hoping we keep each other sane-ish lol.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

the greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nice

Guy came tonight and seemed to want it. God, don't they all ! (Just realised what I said.)

We now have a job offer for OH and things are looking like they are moving with the house. OMG I am about to wet my pants. We may end up in Aus before Xmas which I have not bargained on.

I WAS really excited but now just rooted to the spot with FEAR.

OH working tonight and my 7 year old monkeying about trying to avoid going to bed. She has just told me she has been selected for the school council (typical getting really in to school when we are about to say, oh we are just up rooting you and whisking you to the other side of the world.) OH really fed up with NHS and I am ready to leave my job but.......................OMG what are we doing ?

Is it normal to feel so jittery ?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Stick in there greens! Dont worry too much about your 7yo, my folks moved us around Zambia etc when we were around 7 and we loved it! Your 7yo may show outward nerves; i was quite 'sick' as in the 'being' kind but it was due to excitement more than anything. When i look back, it actualy helped me be the person i am now (hmm.. Dunno if that is good or bad ) and i'm dead chuffed about my childhood.

Have you got your visas? Where are you on the timescale thing? NHS? You work for the NHS (no wonder you are off!)?

Stick with it, we have been getting steadily more jittery as time goes on. Just think what the alternative is and the reason you guys wanted to go in the first place. If you dont do it now, you will spend the rest of your life wondering 'what if?'. You are not alone in this boat and we'll look out for each other. It IS an emotional and personal rollercoaster;there will be fab bits, there will be desperate bits (we said goodbye to a VERY close 88yo friend who we know we'll never see again! OH cryed her eyes out!) but life would be sooo boring otherwise. Chuckle, now i sound like an emigration counsellor Ok, feeling fun again; we all get jitters you would be weird not to; just do it
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny really, you deperately want to sell your house. Then you get a buyer and you want to wet your pants.

Last night when we got the last offer and accepted I couldn't stop shaking for ages, I was petrified even though we have been through all this before.

Today though, different story again, I am really excited but not looking forward to all the crap.

Every day is different

Mandy
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi Daunted thought you must have sold as not seen you lately, how are things?

either they can afford more or not, not really a 3 day debate surely. maybe they're holding out in the hope we'll except their first offer. think i'm coming down with something........ sellhousealitus apparently its quite nasty and highly contagious!
They are testing you as they know it is a buyers market, hang in there

Originally Posted by the greens
Guy came tonight and seemed to want it. God, don't they all ! (Just realised what I said.)
Great to have you on board, it would be great for someone to exchange soon

We now have a job offer for OH and things are looking like they are moving with the house. OMG I am about to wet my pants. We may end up in Aus before Xmas which I have not bargained on.

I WAS really excited but now just rooted to the spot with FEAR.

OH working tonight and my 7 year old monkeying about trying to avoid going to bed. She has just told me she has been selected for the school council (typical getting really in to school when we are about to say, oh we are just up rooting you and whisking you to the other side of the world.) OH really fed up with NHS and I am ready to leave my job but.......................OMG what are we doing ?

Is it normal to feel so jittery ?
Perfectly normal and I am sure it gets worse before it gets better,

My viewer tonight was delightful even though she was late, hope she puts an offer in Night guys and gals tomorrow is another day.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Hahahah Mandy! All the excitment soon changes to 'oh get on with it, whatever'... Aw mate, fingers crossed for you!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walkermat
Hahahah Mandy! All the excitment soon changes to 'oh get on with it, whatever'... Aw mate, fingers crossed for you!
Cheers, just so much to organise now.

Mandy
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Cheers, just so much to organise now.

Mandy
So what are you doing on here, addiction is a terrible thing
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by somme
Yes I know about being addicted to BE, been addicted for about 4/5 years

My motto, put off what you can do today, tomorrow

Mandy
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by somme
Chuckle - you are sooo right! I sit here watching posts while OH 'optimises' the luggage. Hmmm, i see another 'how do you get below 27kg per person' thread starting

Ahh, i'll miss McEwans 70' (in a hotel in Blairgowrie while doing 'goodbyes').
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Yes I know about being addicted to BE, been addicted for about 4/5 years

My motto, put off what you can do today, tomorrow

Mandy
Could not agree more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.