Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 16th 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

We had viewers on Saturday. Seemed quite keen but they have their daughter moving in with them so she would need to see it. Got a call from agents this morning to say they want a second viewing on Saturday. They have cash buyers for their house so that's good. They have a 2 hour drive down as well so don't think they are time wasters. They went round measuring up and saying what they could do to change things( to suit their needs) and didn't give any negative comments. We have a tandem garage and were going to convert half into a study, but instead we put on a conservatory. We still had quite recent quotes for it to be done so could show them the costing, which they said was cheaper than they thought.
The agent told them we are emigrating, even though we told them last week not to. They did mention this but hubby made it clear it will be about 9 months time and we are only going into rented now to make it easy to pack and go. But we are in no real rush to move so they can forget about silly offers
Hopefully the market will pick up a bit and everyone on here gets some good news

oh and good luck want2bthere hope they put in a decent offer
Old Sep 16th 2007, 11:08 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
ooh fingers crossed
thanks, got everything crossed that they REALLY want my house!

Originally Posted by sarab40
Estate agent just phoned..........with an offer!!!!!!!!!!!! We will see............
whaaahoooooo, thats great news sarah, is it not quite what you want?
my EA phoned again at 11.00 (someone different in office) to confirm that i was rejecting this offer and that she was going to call couple to talk about offering more, so still waiting.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 11:12 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TMRE
We had viewers on Saturday. Seemed quite keen but they have their daughter moving in with them so she would need to see it. Got a call from agents this morning to say they want a second viewing on Saturday. They have cash buyers for their house so that's good. They have a 2 hour drive down as well so don't think they are time wasters. They went round measuring up and saying what they could do to change things( to suit their needs) and didn't give any negative comments. We have a tandem garage and were going to convert half into a study, but instead we put on a conservatory. We still had quite recent quotes for it to be done so could show them the costing, which they said was cheaper than they thought.
The agent told them we are emigrating, even though we told them last week not to. They did mention this but hubby made it clear it will be about 9 months time and we are only going into rented now to make it easy to pack and go. But we are in no real rush to move so they can forget about silly offers
Hopefully the market will pick up a bit and everyone on here gets some good news

sounds positive, lets hope that their daughter likes it aswell
Old Sep 16th 2007, 11:24 pm
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by want2bthere
thanks, got everything crossed that they REALLY want my house!

whaaahoooooo, thats great news sarah, is it not quite what you want?
my EA phoned again at 11.00 (someone different in office) to confirm that i was rejecting this offer and that she was going to call couple to talk about offering more, so still waiting.

we have dropped £25,000 already before they had come to view.... we have said we will settle for a slightly higher offer than what they have just offered...

EA said the viewer is seeing his financial adviser this evening, and they will be back in touch tomorrow....

Not holding my breath!!/.....
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:24 am
so far so good

Originally Posted by sarab40
we have dropped £25,000 already before they had come to view.... we have said we will settle for a slightly higher offer than what they have just offered...

EA said the viewer is seeing his financial adviser this evening, and they will be back in touch tomorrow....

Not holding my breath!!/.....
we're in same boat, already droppped by £15k and now they offered another 15k less, even though they are aware the price was for offers in excess of...........at this rate we wont even be able to afford to go to aus!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

had a call from EA a couple of hours ago at work with an offer of £25k LESS than asking price bet you know what i replied BUT bet you cant guess how eloquently i put it EA is going back to her and will let me know. Have said i am willing to negotiate but im not brain dead!!!!!!!!!:curse:
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:08 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

People!!:curse::curse:
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

All sounding very posative, are buyer from Sat wants to come back on Thursday morning but has asked the EA if he can ask planning if he could put a garage up, we will see

We also have just dropped 15K so I hope he doesn't put a silly offer in

Hope it all picks up for anyone waiting EA thinks it is going to crash with the news of northern rock, I really hope not
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck every one!! Hold tight the next few months stand to be very bumpy!
The amount my prospective buyer was offering was less than i would get ifi sold out to one of those home buying places once i had taken into account i wouldnt have to pay agents or solicitors fees! If push comes to shove i will sell to then cos at least I am in control and dont feel like i am beign taken for a fool! :curse:
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:15 am
sarab40

we seem to all have "something" happen at least...stay positive
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TMRE

All sounding promising fingers crossed EA I have decided are not that good, shame we don't make them sigh a confidential agreement
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

Can I join your club? I have got a buyer but he wants loads of reports done on the house :curse: just so he knows the house is ok. He's had a survey and the mortgage company have given him the OK but he wants the extra reports done holding it up more weeks. Well fed up , because he could just pull out after all my time waiting on reports to be done.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:21 am
sarab40

Originally Posted by estherg
Can I join your club? I have got a buyer but he wants loads of reports done on the house :curse: just so he knows the house is ok. He's had a survey and the mortgage company have given him the OK but he wants the extra reports done holding it up more weeks. Well fed up , because he could just pull out after all my time waiting on reports to be done.
Welcome to our club..you qualify!!!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

Thanks , more stressed than I was getting the visa!!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:40 am
sarab40

you're telling me!! i cant cope with all the housework it entails with each viewer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.